• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bro

Cool story bro
Currently hatching Vanillites on my regular Black, Munnas on Japanese Black, soft resetting Tepig on White and Oshawott on Japanese Black 2.
I currently don't have any shinies in my 5th gen games.

;080;

Mono98

Shiny Lover
I started hunting a few days ago. Currently hunting a shiny Ponyta :) It takes a lot of time though, but if you finally get one its awesome, I suppose *O*

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Congrats on the shiny cocoadragon, TopDecking Shinobi, Pman11, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub
Goodluck on your hunts haunter227, bro and Mono98!
I'm approaching 6.5k encounters in pinwheel forest ; _;
making it ~4.1k since I found shiny whirlepede ; _;
It's a hit and miss with these petilils, you either get it very early, or extremely late! Haha

TopDecking Shinobi

I'm currently hunting for a shiny Golurk in the Dragonspiral Tower. Only just started but here's hoping it ends soon. :)

EDIT

Editing in video of me catching the Vulpix

[video=youtube;oeRBELZ6ZGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeRBELZ6ZGM[/video]

Last edited:

Canada

Banned
I don't really look for shiny pokemon, although I did catch a shiny Unfezant and Golett recently.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Got my second shiny drifblim today hunting for skorupi at reversal mountain, my third shiny there on the hunt!

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I didn't find a Shiny but my Best Friend found a Shiny Palpitoad in Icirrus City today. He hadn't found one for awhile, so it's really cool. =D

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Shiny grumpig! 2nd shiny this weekend, 4th shiny on my hunt for Skorupi! I will have to upload some pictures of my new drifblim and grumpig later!

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Can rnged aboused shiny flawless pokemon join the wi fi league event?? Or is it banned ??

RNGed pokemon are just like any other pokemon and RNGing involves nothing other than starting your game at the right time. As such, there is no reason someone couldn't turn their game on and hatch a flawless shiny egg or catch a flawless shiny pokemon. So, there is no way to tell if some one RNGed their pokemon, or if they were just really lucky as the game can produce and indeed does produce these pokemon the same as any other pokemon.

Also, the shiny thread isn't the best place to ask about RNGing (sorry guys!) so in the future you should probably direct your RNG questions to the RNG help thread, or VGC/competition questions to the VGC/Wi-Fi threads

Martinzqx

Been soft resetting for shiny kyurem since 2/28!!! Hoping it shines soon; I am losing steam.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Been soft resetting for shiny kyurem since 2/28!!! Hoping it shines soon; I am losing steam.

I started my hunt for Registeel on the same day and nothing yet still. Hang in there though! Hopefully our targets shine soon.

Also, gratz on the shinies everyone, especially Modest nature Vulpix and Adamant Heracross. I find it awesome when RE shinies have great natures :]. Oh! and a special gratz to starrah on finally getting that Petilil. Good luck everyone.

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
At 3300 encounters in Virbank Complex with the Shiny Charm and no luck yet....hhmm

Would be happy with anything there, but I really want a Magnemite or an Elekid. My last hunt spoiled me

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
I don't really look for shiny pokemon, although I did catch a shiny Unfezant and Golett recently.
WHAT?! A shiny Golett escaped me?! I officially hate you now! :mad:

Nah, I kid, I kid. Congrats!

As of now, I am trying to Masuda myself a shiny Elekid: going for Lonely Nature with perfect Attack. I'm really hoping for a male, as I want to name him Bumblebee. Why? Shiny Electivire kinda looks like Bumblebee from the live action Transformer films. So yeah, I want a guy. If I get a female, I'll keep it and keep trying. I'm 625 hatches in and no luck yet, even though I have the Oval Charm and the Shiny Charm.

My last Masuda run was last year on my Black and it was for Golett; it took me four months but I was able to get my little sweetie after 2,800 hatches. (Seriously, egg number 2,800 was the shiny.) Guardian's perfect in Attack with a Brave Nature and he has Iron Fist. When I had him judged in Nimbasa, I was told his potential was "relatively superior" so his other stats are pretty darned good. I haven't trained him yet, but he's still pretty spoiled.

I'm thinking once I'm done with Elekid, I'll try for either a Chimchar or a Sawk next; I have excellent breeding stock to choose from in either case. I'm also thinking of trying for another Golett; since I'm not sure whether or not I really want Guardian to evolve. And any Outstanding hatchlings from that run could be used for the Little Cup if I wanted. A win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.