• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zase45

Patient Hunter
Hi everyone! Its been a while since I posted on this thread, but recently I started hunting again, and today after 4253 encounters
tumblr_mkdrz6Y6v21rgbwhmo3_1280.jpg

She appeared! She knew Dragon Tail too, so I was scared of losing her but I managed to catch her with a quick ball!

Pman11

Pokemon Savant
Well, I finally got another Shiny Charm shiny, however, it was even near what I wanted. I actually found this about 10 encounters after I left Virbank Complex.
It isn't the shiny I was hoping for, but i'll take it!!! :)

20130328_155600 (600x800).jpg

Guess I am going to continue hunting at Virbank Complex until I get a shiny there....

Hey guys. Congrats on Drudiggon, Psyduck and Camerupt. As you are aware, i got my shiny Bulbasaur recently and only need Squirtle to complete my trio. Well i have a new shiny, but sadly its not Squirtle, as i had 150 bulbasaurs left to hatch, its a second Bulbasaur, calm nature and male again. Im currently hatching squirtles to get a female one with a good nature to be a parent with a french squirtle i got of the gts. Gl guys

NitroLightningFlash

No 5th generation shiny news from me; but today i did get a shiny starter Cyndaquil (in less than a week after 226 soft resets), which i will be transferring over to White 2 (yeah White and White 2 are my main versions now and not Black/2 after what happened to Black the other week -.-'')

p270313_16_56_by_crescentsparkle-d5zpag0.jpg

Speaking of White (going to finish this game before i go onto White 2); i restarted and now have one badge and i'm random encountering on Route 3 and did over 300 encounters since yesterday; hoping for a Pidove (to reclaim), Purrloin (to reclaim); but mainly hoping for Blitzle as it's my favorite on the route-wish i was far enough in the game for Static though and as i can't control the wild Pokemon who come; i may as well catch all the different natured Munna with Synchronize that i can to get good natures (have to do it all again thanks to my Black version crashing) :/

Congratulations on all shinies! ^^

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Finally got Registeel after a Month of SRing!

InvincibleSteel_zps0e257367.jpg

This is my longest continuous hunt so I'm soo glad it finally shone! Careful sync failed but it got Sassy which is just as nice. Gratz on the recent shinies everyone and good luck! :]

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'll migrate back here too I think, haven't seen this thread in an age XD

Anyways, I recently caught a shiny Skarmory in Reversal Mountain on White 2. I trained that up and my Shiny Electabuzz as well, beat the champion and now I have no clue as to what I should go for next.

I'll take any ideas if anyone has them?

Grats on all shinies, including and especially that awesome Registeel!

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Congrats on the recent shinies everyone!
I just finished my first part of my badge quest in Soulsilver, so I'm back to MMing on White
It'll be a slow hunt, but here is to hoping i'll get it before the month ends :)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Starrah, do you think we could race for our MM shinies? I lose patience and motivation quickly with MMing, but racing should keep my motivation levels high. What do you think?

Yeah, I'm MMing something. It's Larvesta, and I am using an everstone with a Timid nature. Every 6 SRs (5 eggs per SR/1 box of eggs), I'm switching to Staryu, which would also love Timid nature. Good luck and congrats all!

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Starrah, do you think we could race for our MM shinies? I lose patience and motivation quickly with MMing, but racing should keep my motivation levels high. What do you think?

Yeah, I'm MMing something. It's Larvesta, and I am using an everstone with a Timid nature. Every 6 SRs (5 eggs per SR/1 box of eggs), I'm switching to Staryu, which would also love Timid nature. Good luck and congrats all!

Oooh I like this idea! Let's do it! After all my recent shiny finds through other methods, I have found MM very tedious, so racing is also a good motivator for me too! Goodluck on your egg hunt!
Goodluck on getting a Larvesta!! Here is to hoping that our hunts are short.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I do hope Larvesta shines...

60 Eggs at the moment.

Last edited:

N(emesis)

OK, i have a question, can i get a shiny from hatching my eggs/soft reseting? i will do it for a year if i have to

dewey911p

primus inter pares
OK, i have a question, can i get a shiny from hatching my eggs/soft reseting? i will do it for a year if i have to

Depends on what you mean exactly. Once you pick the egg up from the daycare man everything is set. So, if you pick up 5 eggs, save, hatch, then SR, you will get the same 5 eggs each time. If, on the other hand, you collect 5 eggs, hatch, then SR without saving, you can keep repeating the process while getting different results. If you are on B/W2 however, I don't recommend doing this as the first egg on B/W2 is somewhat static, so by SR for eggs in B/W2 you are pretty much starting off with the first egg being useless.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got Registeel after a Month of SRing!

InvincibleSteel_zps0e257367.jpg

This is my longest continuous hunt so I'm soo glad it finally shone! Careful sync failed but it got Sassy which is just as nice. Gratz on the recent shinies everyone and good luck! :]

Congrats! :) It looks great.

Still working on my hunt for a shiny Litwick. Been having no luck since I ran into and caught a shiny Elygem. Hopefully my luck will change and I'll run into one soon. Might try MM'ing for a shiny Charmander next once my shiny Litwick hunt ends.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Starting my first ever shiny hunt in Pokemon Black 2 by SRing for either a shiny Virizion or a shiny Kyurem. Wish me luck!

Also, if anyone has a spare non-US Ditto, I would really appreciate it if you'd trade it to me in order to begin MMing.

NitroLightningFlash

Yes! So today i finally have a 5th generation shiny-i was on Pokemon White before going out earlier today and at around 10:10am; i came across a shiny in the Desert Resort-a shiny Darumaka!

I did take pictures but i can't upload them right now as i'm currently out babysitting and i left my USB at home but when i get home i'll edit my post and upload it.

I can't remember the exact nature or stats but it came after 770 encounters (most of which were from my Route 3 hunt i said i'd do the other day which i gave up by the way...), is male and has renewed my shiny hunting passion after losing the majority of them after my Black corrupted a couple weeks back.

Going to try and Masuda Method (and reclaim!) my shiny Zorua and Venipede i think (going to catch a lot of Munna for Synchronize first though to help me find an adamant natured Venipede in Pinwheel Forest) :D

EDIT (5th April): Here he is~

wgr3eg3_by_crescentsparkle-d60hsf3.png

He came randomly in the Desert as i was searching for the Rock Tomb TM for my Sandile (as you can see in the picture he's close to evolving) to help me out in the 4th gym against Elesa (darn Emolga's...)

NOTE: Yeah i know i crossed out my I.D as i've heard from some friends that hackers go around checking the I.D's and then somehow make them their own-i don't get how but i'd rather be safe than sorry x3

I'll be going to the Dreamyard sometime today (it's the 5th April when i write this x3) to start Munna hunting for Synchronize and it'll probably take a few days to get all natures, then i'll be MMing for both Venipede and Zorua (probably won't be lucky enough o get a female Zorua again though...)

Also, i was thinking of doing a badge quest on Pokemon SoulSilver since i have my shiny Cyndaquil on it...what is a badge quest exactly? If anybody could tell me that'd be great-thank you ^^

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yes! So today i finally have a 5th generation shiny-i was on Pokemon White before going out earlier today and at around 10:10am; i came across a shiny in the Desert Resort-a shiny Darumaka!

I did take pictures but i can't upload them right now as i'm currently out babysitting and i left my USB at home but when i get home i'll edit my post and upload it.

I can't remember the exact nature or stats but it came after 770 encounters (most of which were from my Route 3 hunt i said i'd do the other day which i gave up by the way...), is male and has renewed my shiny hunting passion after losing the majority of them after my Black corrupted a couple weeks back.

Going to try and Masuda Method (and reclaim!) my shiny Zorua and Venipede i think (going to catch a lot of Munna for Synchronize first though to help me find an adamant natured Venipede in Pinwheel Forest) :D

EDIT (5th April): Here he is~

wgr3eg3_by_crescentsparkle-d60hsf3.png

He came randomly in the Desert as i was searching for the Rock Tomb TM for my Sandile (as you can see in the picture he's close to evolving) to help me out in the 4th gym against Elesa (darn Emolga's...)

NOTE: Yeah i know i crossed out my I.D as i've heard from some friends that hackers go around checking the I.D's and then somehow make them their own-i don't get how but i'd rather be safe than sorry x3

I'll be going to the Dreamyard sometime today (it's the 5th April when i write this x3) to start Munna hunting for Synchronize and it'll probably take a few days to get all natures, then i'll be MMing for both Venipede and Zorua (probably won't be lucky enough o get a female Zorua again though...)

Also, i was thinking of doing a badge quest on Pokemon SoulSilver since i have my shiny Cyndaquil on it...what is a badge quest exactly? If anybody could tell me that'd be great-thank you ^^

Sorry to quote the entire post, but a BQ is when you get a shiny before each badge. Cyndaquil would be your shiny for Badge 1, for example.

Anyways, as an update, I am currently hatching eggs 191-195, so I'm on track to hit 210 eggs. I almost felt like reaching for my Platinum game and hunting on that, but not now due to my MM hunt.

Last edited:

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Currently at 120 eggs hatched, and a full box left to hatch before i have to produce more eggs
@ @ Hatching eggs is suffering, especially trying to balance it with school work. Hopefully I can hatch more later tonight.

N(emesis)

Hey guys a quick question im currently tryin to SR for a shiny Kyurem.
Other than the fact that it may take the rest of my life to see one is there anything else i should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.