• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
that luck is outstanding. I have many shinys, but my favourite is golbat.

I can't believe it myself! Ive never had a run like this before, so im taking it whilst im getting it!

What version did you catch your Golbat on?

Landroval

Just snagged a shiny Seel in B2. The ironic part was I was training a dewgong and the sound of the shine at the start of the encounter caught my attention.

xKatie0391

Copied from the shiny thread in general pokemon discussion. Posted at 1am this morning :)

Omg!! I've just had my first ever random encounter shiny, and my first 5th gen shiny :O A shiny Ferroseed.

I was playing a bit more of White 2 before bed, doing some exploring of Chargestone Cave. I caught N's Klink, picked up an item, then was going to get another one when an encounter started. Was a Ferroseed. And it sparkled!! I was not expecting that at all!! And the first Ferroseed I've seen on this game. If I hadn't seen the sparkles, I would not have noticed. Wow. Images below. They're quite large

I don't think I'll use it on my team, but will definitely evolve it at some point.

DSCF0002_zps150d2e83.jpg

DSCF0006_zps86a17ff9.jpg

DSCF0007_zpsd64092c6.jpg

If only Latias could be this nice and shine for me.

Last edited:

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
After reading all these majestic posts about catching Shiny Legendries, Im starting to feel that the shiny Woobat I caught is worthless (but I traded it for, like, a Chikorita or sommat. Im starting to be quite upset as of my choice :( )

SpoinkyPearl

I randomly caught a shiny Sewaddle while searching for Pansage and Panpour in Pinwheel Forest. I wasn't even looking at the screen when it appeared because I was looking something my boyfriend showed from his game but luckily he catch the usual shiny "bling" sound (he's way more alerted to that since he does PokéRadar chaining in 4th Generation but I don't) and I was able to catch my cute shiny Sewaddle :3 I won't ever evolve it since it's much more cute as Sewaddle than in other forms.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
Restarting my MM quest for a shiny scyther that wil evolve into a scizor, I stopped last time after 800 because of White 2 came out

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Wow, congrats on all the latest shinies! There's been loads of great ones :D.

*Casually pastes modified post from the other shiny thread*

Asdfadfs, this happened a few days ago now, but I've been so stupidly busy that I've only just had time to post about it:

After 7798 SRs, and hunting for it since December, I finally got a shiny Kyurem!!!

Last Sunday, I was lying down upstairs watching Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope with my dad, and since I hadn't had time to do any soft resetting earlier on in the week I thought it'd be a good time to get some SRs in for Kyurem, thinking I'd probably have to hunt for a few more weeks yet. Then about halfway through the movie...

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/OMFGICANTBELIEVEIT_zps7ef0da3e.jpg[/IMG300]

It shone!

This was definitely the hardest shiny I've ever had to catch so far. I had Makomo (Named after Fennel's jp name XD) in the lead, who was my syncher, and thought I'd try using a Quick Ball first before anything else. But of course, that didn't work |D. Kyurem KO'd Munna straightaway, so I sent in my Darkrai from the 2012 Wifi Event (Wish I could have my own, shiny one T_T), to use Dark Void and put it to sleep...except he woke up straight away XD. Then I switched in Daisuke, set up with Swords Dance and False Swiped him down to 1 HP.

I threw tons of Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls, but he WOULD.NOT.STAY.IN.ANYTHING. The ball wouldn't even shake once more than half of the time!

In the end, I was scared of him ending up using Struggle, so I caved and used my Master Ball.

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/PerfectonatureD_zps55cf3e68.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/Statsarelookingood_zps2c2ae264.jpg[/IMG300]

His IVs are:

HP- 15
Att- 14/15
Def- 16
Sp Att- 28 (Woot!)
Sp Def- 20
Spd- 27 (Yesss)

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/GoKyuwuji_zpseaa17a78.jpg[/IMG300]

I'm so happy I finally got him, and the perfect Nature and great IVs were an extra bonus <3 the shiny colours are even more beautiful on the actual game screen. I named him Kyuwuji, which is a combo of Kyurem and Wuji, the "absence" of Yin and Yang.

Now that Kyuwuji's EV trained and battle ready, I can get back to focusing on my other targets, most importantly Tepig on White 2 who I'm on 2090 SRs for~

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Congrats on Kyurem, that will be my first hunt after I finish SR'ing for Zekrom, then who knows, might SR for Shiny Jirachi just so that I can brag about having a Legit Shiny Jirachi.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats on Kyurem, that will be my first hunt after I finish SR'ing for Zekrom, then who knows, might SR for Shiny Jirachi just so that I can brag about having a Legit Shiny Jirachi.
Thanks! ^_^ But aah, don't bother SRing for Zekrom- In all of the Gen 5 games, Reshiram and Zekrom cannot legitimately be shiny, ever. I hope you haven't done too many SRs, unlike a poor someone I know who did around 27000 SRs for Reshiram before it was discovered the two legendaries had a shiny lock :(.

EDIT: Ah right, phew. When you said SRing I assumed you were going for a shiny one XD. Sorry!

Last edited:

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
I know about the shiny lock, I'm just resetting for good IV's

Black&White

Whoa! This certainly has been my month. Last week I found a shiny Mesprit which took only about 5 or so soft resets in Black 2, and the next day I found 2 shiny Patrat. Day after two shiny Watchog, a few days later shiny Uxie, and just now a shiny Cresselia! I AM using the shiny charm, but still. Every time I find a shiny Legendary I'm always surprised, but I've found so many. Don't know why I'm still surprised and excited lol

yasei

Trainer and Artist
Hey guts, im starting to try the masuda method in my Black game and i would love to know if someone can help me to have a foregeing Ditto? Im from Argentina, i live in Argentina and the game was first used in here however i think the cartridge is from the USA so i would be needing a european or japanese game, right? Or a American Ditto will work?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hey guts, im starting to try the masuda method in my Black game and i would love to know if someone can help me to have a foregeing Ditto? Im from Argentina, i live in Argentina and the game was first used in here however i think the cartridge is from the USA so i would be needing a european or japanese game, right? Or a American Ditto will work?

You need any Ditto from a foreign language game. So If your game is English, you need a Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, French, or Italian Ditto. As long as the two parents are from two different languages, nothing else matters.

yasei

Trainer and Artist
You need any Ditto from a foreign language game. So If your game is English, you need a Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, French, or Italian Ditto. As long as the two parents are from two different languages, nothing else matters.

Yes my game is in english, so i guess i need to find any other Ditto. Do you know how i can do that? I mean, i could check the GTS but how do i know if they are from another lenguage? Sorry for the silly questions x3

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Yes my game is in english, so i guess i need to find any other Ditto. Do you know how i can do that? I mean, i could check the GTS but how do i know if they are from another lenguage? Sorry for the silly questions x3

You could easily download one from pokecheck, but if you don't like that idea, you can sort pokemon by country on the GTS. Just pick an Asian country, such as the very active population of Japan, and see what you can get.

yasei

Trainer and Artist
You could easily download one from pokecheck, but if you don't like that idea, you can sort pokemon by country on the GTS. Just pick an Asian country, such as the very active population of Japan, and see what you can get.

I just what you said, using the gts i pick japan and i traded a Ditto...for a Ditto xD. However the Ditto that i recieved it has a english name (Ditto) and her OT is "Roger" so i dont know if its really japanese? I have a Pidgeotto that i`d recieved from another trade that the OT has japanese latter, same with the name of the pokemon (not the specie, but the nickname). My question is: If the pokemon is from a foreign lenguaje, it`s name must be in that lenguaje? @_@ sorry for so many questions

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I just what you said, using the gts i pick japan and i traded a Ditto...for a Ditto xD. However the Ditto that i recieved it has a english name (Ditto) and her OT is "Roger" so i dont know if its really japanese? I have a Pidgeotto that i`d recieved from another trade that the OT has japanese latter, same with the name of the pokemon (not the specie, but the nickname). My question is: If the pokemon is from a foreign lenguaje, it`s name must be in that lenguaje? @_@ sorry for so many questions

All of my Japanese and Korean Dittos have their name in Japanese or Korean characters. The characters should only change to English if the Pokemon evolves on a different language cartridge, and Ditto doesn't evolve. Also, although the Japanese game allows the OT to use Latin characters to choose a name, they're in a strange font (it kind of looks like Courier New) and the spacing between the letters is very weird. You would know immediately what I'm talking about if your Ditto's OT was like that. So it sounds to me like your Ditto isn't foreign.

What I do when I want a Japanese Ditto is a catch a Ditto in my game and then offer it up on the GTS for another Ditto. If someone gives you another English (or whatever language you're using) Ditto, then you just keep offering them until you get a Japanese or Korean or foreign one. Usually it only takes a couple of trades to get one.

I know SOME things about shiny pokemon, but heres a question, can you BREED shinny's???

If you mean "Can you breed two Pokemon together and get a shiny offspring", then the answer is yes. You can also MM (Masuda Method) by using a foreign Pokemon with one of your Pokemon and increase your chances of getting a shiny from 1/8192 to 1/1366 in Gen V.

If you mean "Can you breed two shinies together and get a shiny offspring", the answer is also yes, but the chances that the offspring will be shiny are not increased. You can also use the Masuda Method with shinies.

If you mean "Can shiny Pokemon breed", then the answer is "yes, if they are a Pokemon that is able to breed in the first place".

lavulin

I caught my first shiny! RE! It's a Stoutland. I'm so happy. It was a surprise because I was training Victini on route 2 when the magic happened. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.