• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Speculation/Wishlist

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Right, this has been requested heavily and I want the speculation out of the confirmed topics so this thread is for you to post your wants and hopes for these games

Do not insult other people based on their ideas, their ideas and wishes are as valid as your own

RedCrow

My wants for Pokemon Black & White

1.No more pre-evolutions of past Pokemon.. at least four or five I guess
2.Faster battles, no more unneeded text.
3.Better storyline, you know, switch it up.
4.I don't really care for a new type, but if one is added, I wouldn't mind
5.More things to do after you beat the Elite four (Or whatever it is this time around) Because right now I have much else to do in Soul Silver

Other than that... I guess better Pokemon, More rivals, and...

Pokemon tournaments, yea that's right, Pokemon tourneys

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Here's my wishlist:

I agree with RedCrow on faster battles--VERY necessary.

Also better "throwing Pokeball" animation would be cool.

Get rid of Pokemon animations, god those are irritating

HP bars that don't take hours to drain (Blissey is hell)

Being able to actually view EVs and IVs instead of constantly calculating them

A Battle Tower that limits Hax moves and items

More interesting type combinations like Ghost/Fire, Fire/Grass, Bug/Dragon, etc. There are tons of combos that have been unused.

More evolutions of current Pokemon, like how we got in DP. Those are my favorites, and useful for bringing some Pokemon up to OU battling

Being able to Fly in the air and come across areas/Pokemon in the sky (like Dive in R/S)

More alternate battle music. Like a different battle theme for in a cave, in grass, in Safari Zone, at night, in Battle Tower, etc.

3D battles, oh wait, too late haha

MORE CHALLENGING in general: Trainers should get up to level 60s before E4, and it should be more difficult to earn money

Sweet_Slasher

Ms. Weavile
I just want a good game! Is that too much to ask, oh Santa of the gaming world? :(

I want Absol to have a prevolution and a evolution and keep the animations they look trippy.

More to do after the elite 4, And able to go to kanto johto hoen and shino.

I agree with battling pokemon when flying or just free fly around. That would be kool.

Here is a kind of evolution chain dragonmanX made.
isol_and_absol_and_bargsol_by_dragonmanX.png

isol - little trouble pokemon
type: dark
info: usaly avoids humans as to not bring it's bad luck apon them.

absol - Disaster pokemon
info: Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon.

bargsol - devistation pokemon
info: it is extreamly rare to see this pokemon, but is rumored that if it was to make an appearce, unspeakable terrors will follow.

Last edited:

Cyclone

^ where it all began
And able to go to kanto johto hoen and shino.

I DON'T want Sinnoh/Hoenn/Johto/Kanto in these games. I'd rather the creators spend all their efforts and use all the game's memory to make one BRILLIANT new area, rather than dividing these resources into old lands.

Besides, we just got a G/S remake which has both Johto and Kanto and R/S will probably be remade in a year or two.

InvaderMew

I had a weird dream last night about Black and White... the only legendary I remember looked like a cross between Lairon and Groudon. And then all of the other Pokemon were dark and Zoroark-esque. XD Makes me a bit glad that that was just a dream...

charizownage

Togematt
Woah that Absol evolution chain is siiiiiiiiiiick :)

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I want it to be harder in general. They should shift there target market up to around 13-16 year olds in stead of 10-14 so they can make it harder and give it a meaningful story line.

I would also like there to be a challenge that will keep me entertained after the e4

I want to be able to give me pokemon a longer nickname by a letter or 2

There needs to be more variety in the pokemon so that everyone doesn't end up with the same team.

I want the battles to be more engaging and harder so that if I decide to EV train my Pokemon and level them up 5 levels more than I should the game adapts to that and makes it harder.

I have basically gone over the same things. I WANT IT HARDER AND LONGER.

1ee7leader

I want this game to be cool.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Heh, I didn't expect this thread to be made.

Well, so many things which I hope 5th gen provides - good storyline, hard mode, multiple saves, and so much more!!!

porygon69

Interesting pokemon, and characters. A cameo from atleast one character of a previous game would be nice. Besides Professor Oak of course.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Ah, yes, something a lot of people will hate me for - character customization and a new type (doesn't have to be Light or anything, anything new is good)

poke_girl

The Amazing
No more word select..
But as that's not going to happen, I'd like it to have more words, seriously being unable to find words like Ribbon and Effort, words used by the game, is really annoying. I can never find the word I want..

Or at least, at least if you're going to put map labelling in, don't limit it to word select.. there's really no point... it's my map, as far as I know its not going to anyone else, you let me name a Pokémon what ever I like, so why must you be so annoying about my map?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I want it to be harder in general. They should shift there target market up to around 13-16 year olds in stead of 10-14 so they can make it harder and give it a meaningful story line.

I would also like there to be a challenge that will keep me entertained after the e4

I want to be able to give me pokemon a longer nickname by a letter or 2

There needs to be more variety in the pokemon so that everyone doesn't end up with the same team.

I want the battles to be more engaging and harder so that if I decide to EV train my Pokemon and level them up 5 levels more than I should the game adapts to that and makes it harder.

I have basically gone over the same things. I WANT IT HARDER AND LONGER.

I definitely agree here. The game itself has gotten too easy.

As for the nickname thing I agree there as well.

Also, they need to make it so that people who can't trade with others can trade with themselves... as in something like Pal Park for those who have a DSi or above. That would be nice to see :).

Also, they need to have more Pokémon events at Toys R Us and at Game Stop. It would be nice to be able to go to more of those, since a lot of the ones that are happening now, are way out of the area that I can get to. And I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
HP bars that don't take hours to drain (Blissey is hell)
Being able to Fly in the air and come across areas/Pokemon in the sky (like Dive in R/S)

That's got nothing to do with the bar, it's just Blissey's actual HP. They're not going to get rid of stamina-based Pokémon.

I think rather than having those sky-based areas (as they'd be silly and mess with the travelling mechanics of warping to another town), I want them to just bring back Dive.

Have 10 HM's. Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Defog, Dive, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Whirlpool and Flash.

I agree with Cyclone; I wouldn't mind them giving us a new type, but I'm not hoping for it.

I don't want too many pre/evolutions. I hope this generation copies Gen3 and only gives us a couple.

Hilikus

Aqua Boogie
Might be a bit too mainstream RPG, but character classes.Such as stat benefits for battlers, catch increase rates for capture experts and eggs hatching with less steps for breeders?
With any luck more than 107 new Pokemon, because if they have more legendaries than the 4th gen it will be a bit ridiculous.

Last edited: