• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th gen stall team, Peaked at #2 on Pokemon Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that 180 bp fire move? I've never heard of it

It's called V-Generate. It has 180 power, 95 accuracy, and 5PP. Its side effect is it lowers Def, SpD, and Spd. I hope Blaziken gets this. He's too frail already to worry about more defence drops, and Speed Boost repairs his speed.

And I'm liking this new 5th Generation Competitive section. This is more like it :)

Moneyy

INACTIVE
It looks like a good team, but Eccentric Ditto and Shadow Tag Shanderaa might get banned.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I'm glad to see such a team posted. (Hypothetical or not) I'm quite surprised how lacking of attention I've been paying to the theoreticals of this generation. (such as Eccentric Ability Ditto and the like)-Well I've heard of it but didn't pay too much attention to all the details- I must say however that thing is going to be amazing. (Ditto finally has my respect)

I'm already liking this new generation already regardless that this is still hypothetical.

Bump, because I updated! I played for a few hours and made some improvements. I pretty much ended up with a standard 4th gen stall team with 5th gen changes.

You seem to have most threats covered now as your synergy seems good, which is the most important thing I guess.
I'm curious, how much does Night Shade on Dusclops do to standard bulky Starmie? I can't imagine it's very much, and Starmie does have Recover and Natural Cure to boot. I personally don't know exactly how capable Dusclops is (though it seems really damn bulky) but it's pretty hard to see it beating Starmie.
I like your Gyara set, Dragon Tail seems like a real nifty move.

Not much to say I guess, this looks like a successful stall team to me.

LO Starmie is 2HKOed by Night Shade if it is poisoned or burned. LO Starmie Hydro Pump does 29.6% - 35.2%. If it holds a Life Orb it will 2HKO itself after Stealth Rocks without status.

Spinner Starmie takes around 43% per turn from Night Shade + Burn. Spinner Starmie only deals 14.8% - 17.3%. This means it has to critical hit me three times in a row to keep up with my Rest stalling.

If two layers of Toxic Spikes are down Starmie will die.

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
i like it as you dont have any 5th gen pokes
I think it's rather amusing from an offensive standpoint. I mean, the stats on some of those 5th-gens are silly good. But the team is solid as-is (and honestly, back in 4th, you could easily have a team without a single 4th-gen on it).

I also appreciate the amount of walling this team does. I just have to modify a few of my own pokes on my 4th -gen games to be able to wall better and, WHAM! they're set. Although, since I typically fight friend, no legendaries for me; it's a banned thing among us. ;) But I can see my Swampert and Chansey ripping holes with their new friends Ononokusu and Urgamoth.

Last edited:
lol, Rain Manaphy weak. Actually I lose pretty badly to most forms of defensive waters. I'm not sure how to fix this besides maybe replacing Heatran with something. Possibly Natoreii who can rape Suicune, Gyarados, Hydration Vaporeon and I assume Manaphy while keeping a Dragon resist.

Maybe run Toxic Spikes on Natoreii instead of Forretress.. I don't know. A free slot on Forry would let him run Gyro Ball or something for coverage.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Use Roar over Dragon Tail on Gyarados. I used Dragon Tail for a while when I was testing this team, and it was really awesome and **** to hit Onono, Latios, and Garchomp swap ins, but you don't phaze subs. Meaning that SubBulk up stuff can basically demolish you with relative ease.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Wouldn't explosion/gyro ball be more handy on forry over volt change?

Singles, and that was a massive bump. I'm going to lock this because even though the team found success then, its pretty bad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.