• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th gen takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tancar911

V Where's Squirtle?
I am finding that no matter where i'm going in the gen 4 section, people are always wanting to trade for a genesect, or give a black/white fc unknowingly. Do you think it's about time to go to gen five, or ahould i stay with gen four, where i can actually remember all the pokemon/moves etc?

TechYes

Pokemon Connoisseur
People shouldn't be using the 4th gen forums to trade in their 5th gen forums. But since I'm not a trade mod, I can't really do anything.. If you think it's an issue bring it up with the Trade forums staff.

Shutting.

I think you missed the point completely, guy.

Let me give you my experience because I've been in the same situation for a while in the past.

When new games and new sets of pokemon came out, my first reaction was "Screw that, original 151 for the win", but what ended up happening was I'd go so long without playing any pokemon, then pick up the newer version of the game - like it's brand new. This made it feel less like a "transition" and more like the first time I ever played. I had to do that for all of the new games. I skipped completely over D/P/Pt because those were lame, but I'm into White now and I love it! It only took 2 years away, and a GBA emulator playing fire red to make me get up and buy a 3ds for the games ^_^

My answer to your question is, even though it's intimidating to jump into a new generation with unknown pokemon, it's okay to be new at something. Everyone has to go through it at some point. And don't worry - because you're not going to lose any of that old information you have in your head about all of the previous generations. There are a plethora of wikis and help pages to answer any questions you encounter along the way, and plenty of friends to make as you ask for help here on Sb forums.

So get out there, grab the first black/white and get started :D

Status
Not open for further replies.