• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Team, "Balance"

zaaza13

LAST EDIT: After first post

Shuckle w/ Leftover
Sassy
"Sturdy"
252 Def/252 Spec. Def/4 Hp
-> Stealth Rock
-> Toxic
-> Power Share
-> Rest

This is just a tanking and stalling pokemon and more of a pokemon to start each battle (Stealth Rock and Toxic). If I get too low HP, I would use rest and then switch to my Blissey and use Armotherapy. I would use this as the starting pokemon, set up stealth rock and poison the opponent first, make sure the enemy doesn't obtain any advantages. Took out Double Team for Power Share, appearantly it's banned, o_O I'm bad at this D=

Salamence w/ Leftovers
Adamant
"Intimidate"
252 Att./252 Speed/4 Hp
-> Outrage
-> Dragon Dance
-> Earthquake
-> Fire Fang

My main physical attacker, dragon dance to boost attack and speed to maximize effectiveness against the opponent. This is more of a pokemon trying to get OHKOs so the opponent doesn't get a chance to get a pokemon with ice beam or any ice move to take my Salamence down.

Venusaur w/ Leftovers
Sassy
"Overgrown"
252 Spec. Att/252 Hp/4 Speed
-> Sludge Bomb
-> Leech Seed
-> Sleep Powder
-> Energy Ball

I don't really know what this is for... I replaced Hidden Power (Grass) because I couldn't figure out how to make Hidden Power to become grass so.. ya D= If anyone can give me a link to the elements guide of hidden power, that would be very nice of you, thank you... For now, I'm stuck with this moveset? Maybe I should change it with another pokemon =/
EDIT 2011-09-06:
Can anyone help with making HP work for a specific element? I can't seem to be able to use it well.

Chansey w/ Evolite
Bold
"Natural Cure"
252 Hp/252 Def./4 Spec. Def
-> Seismic Toss
-> Ice Beam
-> Aromatherapy
-> Softboiled

Kinda of a tank but not really, more like a healer. When shuckle is asleep with rest, I can use aromatherapy to wake up shuckle and allow shuckle to keep stalling and tanking. If I cannot or needs someone to tank/kill for Salamence. Higher Def. because of Evolite is awesomee~~

Scizor w/ Choice Band
"Technician"
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-> U-Turn
-> Pursuit
-> Brick Break
-> Iron Head

My second physical sweeper, hits hard and fast. With STAB moves of course. One thing I'm having trouble is using the Technician ability, so whether if I should replace Iron Head with Bullet Punch or whatnot. Other than that, amazing sweeper, had really good times with this pokemon :)

Porygon Z w/ Choice Specs
Modest
"Download"
252 Spec. Att./252 Speed/4 Hp
-> Tri Attack
-> Ice Beam
-> Dark Pulse
-> Thunderbolt

My main special attacker, has a pretty large coverage area. I'm kind of disappointed that I don't know where to stick Nasty Plot into the moveset without making Porogon Z weaker, since Nasty Plot make this pokemon almost unbeatable....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my 5th gen team, I know it doesn't use any of its pokemon but I find it a really nice team to use and I don't know much about 5th gen pokemons, moves, and abilities... I'm a noob..

Please rate and give feedbacks, I will love it =D Thank you

Reason for edit on 2011-09-06:
-> Had a few online matches with my friends (they sucked) and tested out a few moves(ets) and see how my team works out together. It's quite balanced IMO :p (as the name of the thread suggested)
-> Took out Tyranitar (D:) since SS isn't helping my team AT ALL. well... only when im stalling with Shuckles >.<
-> Did a lot of testing with IVs for Hidden Power but can't seem to find the right numbers... (Was using Pokesav)

Last edited:

Shining Fire

A little rusty
First of all, you need EVs listed on your team. If you don't know what they are, go here. Longer Descriptions too.

Shuckle w/ BrightPowder Leftovers
Sassy
-> Stealth Rock
-> Toxic
-> Double Team Power Share
-> Rest

This is just a tanking and stalling pokemon and more of a pokemon to start each battle (Stealth Rock and Toxic). If I get too low HP, I would use rest and then switch to my Blissey and use Armotherapy. Evasion moves and items are banned.

Salamence w/ Life Orb
Naughty Adamant (+Atk,-Sp.Atk)
-> Dragon Claw Outrage
-> Dragon Dance
-> Earthquake
-> Fire Blast Fire Fang

My main physical attacker, dragon dance to boost attack and speed to maximize effectiveness against the opponent. This set will be a lot harder hitting if you go full physical.

Venusaur w/ Leftovers
Sassy
-> Sludge Bomb Substitute
-> Leech Seed
-> Sleep Powder
-> Energy Ball/Hidden Power [Fire]

I don't really know what this is for... I replaced Hidden Power (Grass) because I couldn't figure out how to make Hidden Power to become grass so.. ya D=
Maximizes coverage and restoration.

Blissey Chansey w/ Leftovers Evolite
Bold
-> Seismic Toss
-> Ice Beam
-> Aromatherapy
-> Softboiled

Well, we all know the purpose of Blissey, I use it to heal up the team with aromatherapy while everyone else except Shuckle has BrightPowder. Kinda of a tank but not really, more like a healer. Evolite Chansey has way better defenses then Blissey.

Tyranitar w/ Leftovers
Adamant
-> Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-> Earthquake
-> Dragon Dance
-> Substitute/Crunch

Another physical attacker, but I couldn't decide on Rock Slide or Stone Edge and I'm thinking of taking Substitute for Crunch for a STAB move and my team don't have a dark type move. SS isn't that good for your team, pick something else.

Alakazam w/ Life Orb
Timid
-> Psyshock
-> Recover
-> Shadow Ball
-> Hidden Power [Electric]

My only special attacker and I kinda want to switch this with another special attacker but I couldn't decide yet so I just use this for now.

ALTERNATE POKEMON
Staraptor w/ Choice Scarf/Band
Adamant
-> Pursuit
-> Close Combat
-> Double Edge
-> Brave Bird

I'm thinking of switching this for salamence since this can cover some other types.

Porogon Z w/ Choice Specs
Modest
-> Tri Attack
-> Ice Beam
-> Dark Pulse
-> Thunderbolt

This is my alternative for alakazam and i haven't decided on what item to go with it. Better than Alakazam, use it.

This is my 5th gen team, I know it doesn't use any of its pokemon but I find it a really nice team to use and I don't know much about 5th gen pokemons, moves, and abilities... I'm a noob..

Please rate and give feedbacks, I will love it =D Thank you

What are you're Abilities? You need to post them, too.

Last edited:

zaaza13

I wonder why Psyshock instead of Psychic and why Life Orb? Alakazam doesn't gain anything from Physical Attacks.. At least I assumed so

xScruffyx

I wonder why Psyshock instead of Psychic and why Life Orb? Alakazam doesn't gain anything from Physical Attacks.. At least I assumed so

Psyshock uses your pokemons sp.attk but damages your opponent based on their def. so its used for pokes like blissey who have very low def. and Life orb raises ALL attacks by 30%, not just physical. Of course you take the 10% recoil damage though.

zaaza13

Psyshock uses your pokemons sp.attk but damages your opponent based on their def. so its used for pokes like blissey who have very low def. and Life orb raises ALL attacks by 30%, not just physical. Of course you take the 10% recoil damage though.

Thank you for explaining this :) I never knew this, all new and helpful information, thank you...

For Tyranitar, I've decided to replace it with Scizor (info in my first post) and please give feedback on whether if I should use it or not, thank you.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Any particular reason Shuckle has next to no HP investment? HP is the only defensive stat that it actually really needs boosting in. :/

zaaza13

Any particular reason Shuckle has next to no HP investment? HP is the only defensive stat that it actually really needs boosting in. :/

Oh... i was focusing on the def. and spec. def a lot and i never realized.. then what should i replace it with?

ASB

Weather Team Hater
252 HP, 220 Def, 36 SDef with a Sassy nature.
Pardon the delay.
With this, your defenses should be almost exactly even.

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Some main threats (well revenge killers mainly) that i would look out for would be Scizors Superpowers against Porygon and Ttar/ Its Bullet Punches against Ttar and Shuckle, as well as Scarfed Hydreigon's Flamethrower against Venesaur and Draco Meteor against Salamence

zaaza13

Some main threats (well revenge killers mainly) that i would look out for would be Scizors Superpowers against Porygon and Ttar/ Its Bullet Punches against Ttar and Shuckle, as well as Scarfed Hydreigon's Flamethrower against Venesaur and Draco Meteor against Salamence

Oh, right, I forgot all about the 5th gen pokemons... I heard Hydreigon is a really powerful pokemon, because of its HIGH base stats... and i'm wondering If I should replace Salamence with a Hydreigon? I have one in my bank(not yet EV trained). I feel like Salamence has too much of a weakness towards Ice since probably 80% or more of the pokemons can learn an ice move (e.g. Ice Beam).

Never what I said about Hydreigon, It has the same total amount of base stat as Salamence... what a tough choice, but I guess you're right, I would have to watch out for Scizor and Hydreigon...

Last edited:

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
I wouldn't replace Salamence with Hydreigon because that would jsut add to your Fighting weakness and seeing as Chansey and Scizor can both take Ice attacks aimed at 'mence it shouldnt matter.

The Tyranitar

It`s got a lot of mistakes like Staraptor is a horable choice scarf poke so get Braveary or Terrakion or anything. Also I don`t see what Porygon is doing and you seem to have a scizor problem P.S. Shukle should not be there Tyranitar should be lead and get mix ape it`s so rare and checks a lot of teams and beats Scizor this way you will be super strong

Mr.Karp

@ Thick Club
Well, a Staraptor with Reckless and Life Orb is nice. Brave Bird deals ALOT of damage.

zaaza13

It`s got a lot of mistakes like Staraptor is a horable choice scarf poke so get Braveary or Terrakion or anything. Also I don`t see what Porygon is doing and you seem to have a scizor problem P.S. Shukle should not be there Tyranitar should be lead and get mix ape it`s so rare and checks a lot of teams and beats Scizor this way you will be super strong

Sorry if you haven't notice, but I took out Tyranitar for Scizor because if SS is activated, then it'll be pretty bad for my entire team since all of them aren't resistant to the weather damage.. It was suggested by people who posted earlier... Porygon Z is there as my main Spec. sweeper, Just having phy. sweeper isn't enough and venusaur isn't a great spec. sweeper in my mind

Staraptor is just an alternative choice incase a pokemon doesn't fit