• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Team... I Guess

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Hey wait... Imperfect team? well yeah, this team's still quite... weak i guess. I'm not very well versed in terms of 5th Gen, so if there's anything that works better than something else, suggest? Its for 5th Gen DW OU, and i guess i did it since i wanted to abuse U-turn.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Wish/Iron Head

This Jirachi is different. Its different in the sense that its... well, different from other lead Jirachi. U-turn is the main difference, which lets me switch to a counter, and hit the common espeon switch-ins hard (Jirachi means for most people, Stealth rock). It also means I break sashes/Multiscale(on non-leftovers dragonite lead). Trick Turns me into a support Pokemon. Stealth rock is still here since after tricking, I can set up. Wish is useful for... healing. Iron Head, as suggested by lunar22, is for finishing up late-game or revenge kill.
Max HP for survival, Max Speed to outrun, Dump the rest in Sp Def for deeming download useless to the opponent (most of the time). Scarf lets me outrun stealth rockers and etc.

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Substitute/Protect

Espeon, used for he Magic Bounce, and nothing else, is the secondary Pokemon I U-turn onto, seeing that anti-leads are generally more common than lead leads. Still, she is useful later in the game since ferrothorn is such a nuisence with leech seed, thunder wave, spikes, stealth rock...
Espeon really can't sweep too well. I mean, she can but I don't know, Screens work better i guess. Psychic = Finishing off leads, Sub = ...scouting? hold on, better throw in Protect too. Max HP to survive 1 hit without wasting the item slot, 204 Spd for outrunning base 90s, 52 in Sp Att to make me a threat. Light Clay = 8 turn screens.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Rock Slide

Conkeldurr, the bane of all paralyzed people's existence. Or if he's behind screens, too. Bulk Up means i'm unstoppable, since most people run from him (like... tyranitar?) i get at least 1 bulk up, but 99% of the time i should have time to bulk up 6 times. Drain Punch means i can recover HP (who cares about base power when i have 4x 300++ attack?). Payback lets me get almost complete coverage. Rock slide means more coverage, but still not all neutral (I think). Leftovers is survivability. Max HP/Sp Def since attack and def are boosted to hell by bulk up anyway.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Substitute

The bane of everyone's existence! He stalls, paralyzes, phazes, combined with stealth rock he should be shipped off to ubers. Thunder wave lets me outspeed and cripple opponents, Dragon Tail changes whoever's on the other side so i can paralyze somemore, roost pairs very well with Multiscale, literally removing my 4x Ice weakness when i'm at full health after a roost. Substitute lets me hide from status inflictors. Leftovers for survivability. 252 HP is pretty basic, Def and Sp Def are just random spreads in favour of SP Def. The paralysis is mostly for Conkel, but supports the entire team.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd or 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover/Thunerbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam

My team's spinner. Not so important, but means that stall teams' toxic spikes don't get to me. Rapid Spin is explained, Recover nabs me a lifespan, Thunderbolt is another option if I find i'm too weak anyway to use recover. Surf and Ice Beam for... Damaging stuff i suppose. Life Orb so that my attacks at least do some damage, since i have 4 Sp Att EVs only. 252 spd outspeeds max speed base 100s. Hp may be dropped in favour of Sp Att if I find my lifespan is too pathetic (No recover, use with Thunderbolt)

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Surf/U-turn
- Flamethrower

Hydrogen Revenge Kills since i find my team isn't fast enough at times. The moves are coverage. Draco Meteor Kills everything that doesnt resist it. Focus Blast + Draco Meteor = full coverage over everything but Steel/Ghost types (which don't exist). Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn harder, and decimates Steel/Ghost if they did exist. Surf kills more stuff i suppose. U-turn can be used over surf since its coverage isnt amazing.

Ok... uh... This team doesn't fare too well so far... It hates Ferrothorn with substitute since Dragonite can't phaze it. Conkeldurr, Starmie, and Hydreigon can be substituted for something better that suits the team. Especially conkeldurr, since he's actually supposed to be a late-game sweeper that'll sweep through entire teams after a few bulk ups (or calm minds, nasty plots, swords dances)

Last edited:

lunar22

Da Boss Nigg@
I'd recommend trying to fit Iron Head somewhere on Jirachi if you can, this is because you're fitting too many support moves on a scarf set, and that if Rachi ever becomes stand alone or is your only reliable fast pokemon left to check/revenge something, having a reliable STAB move is valuable.

Your team can have a ton of trouble with Reuniclus. The ever so popular Trick room set runs through everything bar Dragonite and Jirachi in a single hit, and even then if they have taken previous damage you could be in for being swept by the standard moves it uses.

Timid is worth using on Starmie as it can be crucial that you outspeed Voltolos and Tornados and the Latis (Where as Modest fails to) if Rachi has lost its scarf (which seems to me its goal early anyways) and Hydreigon cant reliably handle them all, so timid would give you an extra check to those popular threats which you kinda really need.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Jirachi's early goal is not to lose its scarf, but rather to scout with U-turn. Afterwards, after he tricks it away, he throws rocks while the opponent switches. Iron Head could go over Wish, but Wish helps someone get a "free" switch-in (takes damage, turn ends, recover 202 HP). This is especially important for Dragonite since he needs to get in with full HP or he could be in trouble. Timid on Starmie sounds good.

Last edited: