• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Team Rate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipos

Hi again, I don't have much experience in setting up a "competitive" team and I would like to ask for some help on finishing/making this team. I used a lot of Smogon to help me, but I'm not too sure how these all fit.

Does this team really NEED a pokemon with Rapid Spin? I don't like any of the Rapid Spin pokemon, and a lot of them overlap in typings with the pokemon I already have.

Also, would this particular order work (except for the sweepers)?

;448;
Lucario with Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Counter
Lead

;251;
Celebi with Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold (+Def –Atk)
- Psychic/ Giga Drain (not sure which one....)
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
Setting up Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave

;380;
Latias with Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
Screens for the 3 Sweepers coming ahead
Gives the Healing Wish Celebi doesn't have

;149;
Dragonite with Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Superpower
Physical Sweeper, and perhaps my main sweeper.
Checks for Celebi

;395;
Empoleon with Choice Specs
Trait: Torrent
200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Surf
Now, I know Empoleon's not too common but I have a special fondness for this penguin (it's my first pokemon). I really don't like Heatran, and perhaps Empoleon could cover for some of the defensive capabilities Heatran had.. I'm not sure.

:637:
Volcarona with Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
Another Special Sweeper to take advantage of the screens and of Celebi. This team can be used for other Gens if this Volcarona is replaced.

Thank you!

Last edited:

chap196

For Volcarona
I don't think Hurricane covers a lot of type, actually it only covers Fighting since Bug Buzz can super effective Grass and Fire Blast can super effective Bug, also Hurricane is likely to miss too. I would replace Hurricane with Giga Drain to both cover a lot of type and to heal itself from the damage it loses from Life Orb. Also put Fiery Dance as a option for Fire Blast as 1 Special Attack boost from Fiery Dance make will make it as strong as Fire Blast.

Hope this help

! Q

I do what I want!
Edits/notes in blue;448;
Focus Sash & Inner Focus
Lonely
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Counter
This set has no SpAtks, so the Def drop is not needed and a SpAtk drop won't hurt. Also, I find Counter to be unreliable.
Joly & Swords Dance
or
Adamant & Agility

;251;
Leftovers & Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold
- Psychic/Giga Drain (not sure which one....)
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
I'm no expert on Celebi. Or Baton Pass. But it looks like you're not Baton Passing anything to the next guy, making Baton Pass about as good as an ordinary switch out. If you don't change anything else,
U-turn will at least break a Sturdy/Focus Sash.

;380;
Light Clay & Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
I see you don't have a nature. Any nature that drops Atk will be better than neutral, as she has no Atks to be hurt by it.

;149;
Choice Band & Multiscale
Adamant
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/Superpower
80 base Speed is... meh. He could use a Choice Scarf
Fire Punch > Waterfall
;373;
Focus Sash & MOXIE!!
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Joly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance
I would say that the one major thing Dragonite has over this is priority, witch is always nice to have.
Focus Sash to make sure you get a Dragon Dance in (but you'll have to find another item for Lucario).
4 SpDef to mess up a Download. Other than that, why not?
Joly cause Moxie will give you more than enough firepower.
Dragon Claw > Outrage, because Outrage will make him go kamikaze after all those Moxie boost.
Earthquake and Fire Fang for coverage.
Dragon Dance is the safest way to make sure you can outrun the foe.
Choice items are a bad idea for this set, as you will lose those hard earned Moxies if you need to switch out.

;395;
Choice Specs & Torrent
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Surf
I hardly know squat about Empoleon, but two water STABs? Do you really need both? Also, his Speed is unforgivably slow. He needs all the help he can get in the Speed department. However, he's a nice counter for Ice and Water/Ice foes.
;395;
Life Orb/Expert Belt & Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Modest
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Agility

:637:
Life Orb & Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

You need a spinner. If you have Volcarona, Dragonite, or Salamence, you need a spinner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.