• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Generation - Horrible or Great?

Do you like/hate Gen V?

• Love it

Votes: 181 90.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 20 10.0%

• Total voters

Creeper

om nom nom
Well, I'm stuck. Everyone has been hating on 5th Generation's Pokemon, but I actually like a few of them. I want to know if the fanbase mostly hates/loves Gen. V. I personally love the Pokemon. I want to know if you hate it or love it.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Everyone has different opinions, just that some are more stupider than others.

Myself am one of the rare person who actually likes all region and pokémon and don't see any problem with them.

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
I love every generation mon. Especially this one. So many unique type combos, and awesome pokes to choose from. I think they have outdone themselves in this gen IMO :D

I respect people who don't like it, but I hate when they say these 4 words:

RUNNING
OUT
OF
IDEAS

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

RUNNING
OUT
OF
IDEAS

I hate those words too, as not only is it stupid but it is also wrong.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I love every generation mon. Especially this one. So many unique type combos, and awesome pokes to choose from. I think they have outdone themselves in this gen IMO :D

RUNNING
OUT
OF
IDEAS

Those words... how I hate them so... *grits teeth*

I hated this gen at first, but it's grown on me tremendously. There are so many Pokemon I love, and the games are great, too. There may be some that are worse than others, but every gen has those.

rocky505

The people who say "running out of ideas" have just ran out of ideas for themselves. But I am also one of those who love all gens.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

RUNNING
OUT
OF
IDEAS

A punch in the face for everyone who says that? I think so.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
I have to point out that Generation 1 (for being the original) and Generation 2 (for ALL of the huge leaps
in gameplay) are absolutely my favorite two. However I feel that (stand-alone) Gen 5 would have to be
the best. It more than makes up for the failure I felt D/P were.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I doubt GF is running out of ideas, because there are over 7,000,000,000 species of animals on Earth, even more legends, and there are only 649 Pokemon. So yeah, they're not gonna run out of ideas for a while. I love 5th Gen, it brought so many more aspects to Pokemon. My sister thinks otherwise, her entire reason for hating the generation is the Snivy line. -_-;

Zachmac

Myself am one of the rare person who actually likes all region and pokémon and don't see any problem with them.
From the looks of the poll, you're actually part of the majority.

I personally think most people who hate gen 5 are stuck in the past. I mean, I'll admit most of my favorite pokemon are from earlier gens, but that's just my personal preference, and I've still got a good chunk from later gens. Haxorus, Samurott, Yanmega, Glaceon, ect. And in general, gen 5 is my favorite, even if most of my favorite pokemon are in gen 1.

kilroy40

Brock 'n' Roll
I hate how some say the new poke'mon aren't creative and is Vanillite as an example. I say the Vanillite line is pretty creative.
And also Black and White 2 as proof of GF running out of creative ideas. I say making a sequel in the same gen is creative as it has never done before.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Absol-utley love this generation! The pokemon are very well designed and the type combos are amazing (Dark/Steel is AWESOME)

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I dunno, there are some things I like better about gen 5, some things I like better about gen 4.

I like Sinnoh better than Unova overall. The location, characters, and pokemon.

But I don't hate gen 5

Zachmac

I don't think it's a "is gen 5 your favorite", I think it's more of "is gen 5 good".

Just saying.

Zazie

So 1991
Niether great nor horrible.

Before the games were released I was excited because of the triple/rotation battles, reusable TMs and other cool ideas. Then I played them and didn't like the restrictively paced single player, lack of triple/rotation battles and downplayed features. Black and White 2 have the potential to make things better however.

At least its not mediocrity that was Diamond and Pearl. (the only thing they did right in those games was the physical special split)

Zachmac

Before the games were released I was excited because of the triple/rotation battles, reusable TMs and other cool ideas. Then I played them and didn't like the restrictively paced single player, lack of triple/rotation battles and downplayed features. Black and White 2 have the potential to make things better however.
I'm sorry, but this argument is kind of biased. I know that you're upset about lack of triple/rotation, but they don't even exist in previous gens. Just saying.

Also, what do you mean by downplayed features?

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
RUNNING
OUT
OF IDEAS

I really want to throw people who say it into a pound filled with Carvanha and Sharpedo. Gen 5 isn't perfect but it is best. Even game critics loved it and gave it perfect score.

Stymie