• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th generation PO team (first PO team made on my own..)

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
My new hazard layer. Skarmory has amazing defense and can wall out many attacks, such as physical electric moves that are thrown at me. Spikes is a great replacement to Stealth Rock because I can set it up twice and make the opponent get more residual damage from switchouts. Brave bird is a strong stab that does have recoil, but does a ton of damage to pokemon that do not resist Flying type attacks. Roost is great for that HP recovery, so that when I am setting up more than once, I can just use Roost to heal my HP back to full. Finally, there is Whirlwind, which is mainly used so that I can throw off their strategy by making them waste a turn by switching.

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam
Jolteon. The best Special Sweeper on my team and a better replacement for Ampharos. Timid nature is great to have because Jolteon, who already has a high speed. gets an extra boost from the nature. Volt Switch is useful on this set because I can use it to deal damage to water type pokemon while switching out, or just switch out to avoid a move that can potentially take down Jolteon. Also, it is a useful stab move. Then comes Thunderbolt,which is not only a strong stab, but it is used to take down pesky hazard layers like Skarmory, who would normally wall Physical attacks. Also, Thunderbolt could get the parahax and help me win a battle. Along with that, it is used to take down those water types, that are generally difficult to take down. Next, there is HP ice. This is used to take down those pesky dragon types in OU , such a Hydriegon,Salamence, or Flygon, which could set up and kill my team really badly. Then it is a way to kill pokemon that can potentially take out Jolteon, such as dugtrio or some other ground type. Finally, we have Signal Beam, which is generally used to take down the most annoying psychic types in the tier, such as Espeon which could easily render my setting up useless.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
Here we have a great replacement for Leafeon, Celebi. Natural Cure allows automatic healing of status conditions on the switch out, therefore allowing Celebi to continue serving as an effective wall. Giga Drain is one of the most important moves on Celebi, because not only is it used to take out Ground/Water/Rock types which could potentially result in a loss, it is a great source of recovery as well. It also serves as protection for Jolteon, taking out those types that could potentially KO Jolteon. Next, we have Recover, which is used to heal off damage, and stall off a team to take further attacks or to heal HP later in the battle if hit by a super effective move before switching out. Next ,we have Thunder Wave, which is used to get the parahax on a pokemon ,therefore hendering its speed. This is used to take out those speedy sweepers, such as Jolteon, if it doesn't have Volt Absorb. It can also paralyze other sweepers on a team, like Dragonite, which normally set up and sweep. Lastly, there is Leech Seed. Leech Seed is generally a late battle move, and it is used to get health from the opponent, when say they are down to their last pokemon.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spd
Nature : Relaxed
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Tentacruel is the sole support of this team. Tentacruel not only serves as a special wall on this team, but also as a physical wall and a rapid spinner who can take out the various entry hazards, like Stealth Rock, which screw with my Dragonite or Infernape's sweeping abilities. Relaxed is great to have because it raises the defense of Tentacruel, allowing it to withstand more Physical hits. Scald is am must have on Tentacruel, because it serves as a status conditioner on my team, and it is a STAB move which can kill off potential threats or hinder their abilities of sweeping by inflicting a burn . Next, we have Toxic Spikes, which is another reason to have Tentacruel. I can send out Tentacruel after Skarmory and set up Toxic Spikes, while I switch out and watch the team get easily poisoned. Third, we have Rapid Spin . Rapid Spin is useful because it can take out the numerous entry hazards which threaten Jolteon,Infernape or Dragonite, therefore crippling my abilty to sweep a team. Lastly , we have HP Ground. HP Ground is used to take out those pesky electric type sweepers like Electivire or Jolteon ,which could possibly take out my entire team to a loss.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Lastly , we have one of the best sweepers on the team, Infernape. The Jolly nature helps it hit fast and hard, therefore crippling teams in a instant. First, we have the move Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is generally used a strong stab and to eliminate pokemon like Abomasnow, which could kill off my Dragonite, therefore crippling my team severely. Close Combat and U-Turn tie into together so, I will explain each one and how they help this pokemon. First, Close Combat is used to generally take out those types that are weak to fighting or one of those sweepers, that is sent out, literally mean death. Then after the -2 defense drop, I just go for a U-turn and switch out into another pokemon that can deal with the one sent out. Finally, there is Mach Punch. Not only is Mach Punch a STAB, it is a priority move which can be used to take out sweepers like Abomasnow or Hydriegon, which could take out an entire team.

Dragonite (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

The physical sweeper of my team and an effective one at it too. Dragon Dance allows me to set up a couple of times and make a dangerous threat to many pokemon of the tier that don't resist Dragon type moves. Fire Punch is there to potentially kill off the pokemon that may wall outrage, such as Lucario or any other dangerous steel types. Lastly, ExtremeSpeed is there to kill off the pokemon that have low health before they attempt to make another move
(hope this is in the right thread...)

Last edited:

Fabulous Ampharos

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Impish nature on RegiRock. Also, Counter may be good on it. Survive Scizor's +4 BPunch and retaliate hard.

Ampharos. Charge is practically wasting a turn, as after Charge you're dead. It may enjoy some speed investment, and the rest into Hp. Replace Charge with Hidden Power [Ice]. You might like a better sweeper like Jolteon though, who already got great great speed.

DNite, give him Leftovers.

Charizard is best used as special sweeper, since it got stronger special attacks. If you want physical, Dragon Dance/Belly Drum is recommended, to actually do damage.

On Leafeon, go with max Def and Hp, not speed, since its a wall.

Chingchar

Give Dnite roost and the multiscale to boost it's defence at the start then roost the damage off to get another def boost but if you fight this team do not underestimate it! You have been warned.

Fabulous Ampharos

Impish nature on RegiRock. Also, Counter may be good on it. Survive Scizor's +4 BPunch and retaliate hard.

Ampharos. Charge is practically wasting a turn, as after Charge you're dead. It may enjoy some speed investment, and the rest into Hp. Replace Charge with Hidden Power [Ice]. You might like a better sweeper like Jolteon though, who already got great great speed.

DNite, give him Leftovers.

Charizard is best used as special sweeper, since it got stronger special attacks. If you want physical, Dragon Dance/Belly Drum is recommended, to actually do damage.

On Leafeon, go with max Def and Hp, not speed, since its a wall.

Thanks for the advice....now what EV's should I invest in on Ampharos ?
Ching, I like my Dnite's moveset, so I think I don't want roost on it..

Last edited:

SirIllo

$UP@-$W@G STARE GMFO
Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Ice Punch

Regirock's main job is to set up those stealth rocks while walling out some other attacks. Drain Punch is great for HP recovery and Toxic is there to poison those pesky pokemon that can potentially sweep. Lastly, Ice Punch is there so I can take down those pesky dragon type sweepers like Salamence.

Ampharos (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Power Gem
- Charge

One of the main sweepers of team. She is an effective special sweeper when it comes to thunderbolt, and charge assists that by powering up the next Electric type move I plan on using. Agility raises my speed and allows me to outspeed a lot of the tier after using it about 3 times. Lastly, Power Gem was added to take down those pesky Ice types that could potentially be a threat to Dragonite.

Dragonite (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

The physical sweeper of my team and an effective one at it too. Dragon Dance allows me to set up a couple of times and make a dangerous threat to many pokemon of the tier that don't resist Dragon type moves. Fire Punch is there to potentially kill off the pokemon that may wall outrage, such as Lucario or any other dangerous steel types. Lastly, ExtremeSpeed is there to kill off the pokemon that have low health before they attempt to make another move.

Leafeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar
- Leaf Blade

The main wall of my team and an excellent one at it too. The Wish coverage allows me to switch out into another pokemon, such as Dragonite, without fear of being killed due to Wish. Protect is there to stall of opponents that have been poisoned by toxic or to block super effective moves to allow a switch in. Roar allows me to throw off their tactics by switching them into a pokemon to throw off, say their setting up with physical or special sweepers. Finally, Leaf Blade is there to take out any Rapid Spinners such as Wartortle or Blastoise which could remove Stealth Rocks.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef/4 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Roar

My Special Wall and my Rapid Spinner. Scald allows me to inflict burn hax on a pokemon ,causing it to take residual damage each turn as I stall it our using Protect. Protect is there to that if Scald gets a burn, I can stall the opponent easily by protecting Blastoise. Lastly, Roar is there in case my opponent switches to a pokemon that could potentially take out my Rapid Spinner. Lastly, Rapid Spin is there to take out any potential energy hazards,especially Stealth Rock, which could ruin my Dragonite or my Charizard.

Charizard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Kind of a second physical sweeper that can cover for Dragonite's 4x weakness to ice. Earthquake is ideal for killing off those electric types that could potentially take out my Blastoise and leave me with no Rapid Spin support. Brick Break was added in to take out ice types and steel types which could potentially wall out my Dragonite's attacks. Aerial Ace is there to take out those pesky grass types, such as Whimiscott, which love to set up through the use of moves like Sleep Powder. Lastly, Roost is there to get some of that HP recovery if it is lost by a move like Ice Beam.

(hope this is in the right thread...)

RegiRock needs that attack to be truly effective. give it an impish nature and it can stall. even an adamant nature would be good. all-in-all, 8.5/10

Fabulous Ampharos

RegiRock needs that attack to be truly effective. give it an impish nature and it can stall. even an adamant nature would be good. all-in-all, 8.5/10

Drain Punch i need to keep ? Wow....thanks for the high rating.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I thought it was an OU team....Darn, I'm so stupid...
Well, excuse me. Seeing as Dragonite is your only OU Pokemon, it's a perfectly legitimate assumption to make that you may have mistaken him for a UU Pokemon while making a UU team.

Fabulous Ampharos

all in all, each and every one of your pokemon(bar dragonite) is outclassed by something or other, and can't deal with any of the top ou threats, like thunderus-t, genesect+dugtrio, salamence, etc.

I never thought of that to be honest. I don't know the top threats of OU....how are my pokemon outclassed ?

Klaus™

Banned
if you dont know the threats then i strongly suggest you look at some articles on smogon, or the like. each and everyone has an ou regular that can do the job better. in short, each and every one sucks. you have the right idea(kinda) but the wrong pokemon to do the job.

Fabulous Ampharos

if you dont know the threats then i strongly suggest you look at some articles on smogon, or the like. each and everyone has an ou regular that can do the job better. in short, each and every one sucks. you have the right idea(kinda) but the wrong pokemon to do the job.

So you're saying my whole team sucks ? And how do I have the wrong pokemon but the kind of right idea ?
I don't put in depth thought into my teams...

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
1) just a bit. as your first team, dont expect much.

2) you have the right concept, but the wrong tools to wield it with. simple as that.

3) if you dont put any thought into your teams, then there's no point in doing anything, or even expecting the best team ever.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

2) you have the right concept, but the wrong tools to wield it with. simple as that.

3) if you dont put any thought into your teams, then there's no point in doing anything, or even expecting the best team ever.

This.

Perhaps you should read up more on Competitive Battling before making a team. Just knowing about EVs and natures and such won't get you anywhere.

Hey, stop minimodding. Be happy I quit modding, because you minimod so much that if I still modded here you would have been banned for it months ago.

How about you stop being useless and actually help the OP? Instead of saying "LOLZ YOUR TEAM SUCKS" why not offer advice on what to improve? This is called rate my ****ing team, where we offer advice on how to fix teams especially for people like InsaneDragoniteHD who clearly are new and need our help. He posted this team to get actual advice from experienced people not to just have someone say "go check Smogon". If you don't even have the decency to help people with their teams directly then get out of CRMT.

@ InsaneDragoniteHD

Drop Regirock for...

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 Hp / 252 defense / 4 sp def

Spikes
Brave Bird
Roost
Whirlwind

Takes hits almost as well but with much better typing and long term survivability.

Get rid of Ampharos for...

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Ice (you play PO, so you have no excuse not to use Hidden Power)
Signal Beam

Jolteon is faster than Ampharos even after it uses Agility. It also helps check Tornadus and Thundurus as well as Gyarados.

The Dragonite set is fine. However for the love of God run Multiscale. It gives you 2x defense at full HP, which is awesome when you're trying to Dragon Dance on something. Maybe Lum Berry > Dragon Gem, but I can see where the initial power boost can come in handy.

Leafeon is kind of a bad Pokemon, but with Skarmory as a physical wall you can kind of replace it with Celebi.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 224 Defense / 32 Speed

Giga Drain
Recover
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed / U-turn

Blastoise isn't a completely useless Pokemon. Your set is fine. Consider Tentacruel though, who can absorb Toxic Spikes, use Toxic Spikes, is immune to poison and has better overall uses than Blastoise.

Charizard however, is terrible. Besides being flat out bad, running two Stealth Rock weak Pokemon on the same team is very dangerous. Try Infernape!

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly
Iron Fist / Blaze
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Flare Blitz
Close Combat
U-turn
Mach Punch

Infernape is faster, hits harder, has better typing and movepool than Charizard.

These changes make your team drastically different but would give you a solid foundation to start with. Try them out :)

Chingchar

Try this set for Tentacruel:
073.gif

Tentacruel
Item: leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EV spread 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Moveset
~Toxic Spikes
~Rapid Spin
~Scald
~Giga Drain/ Protect

so this set is kind of simple use toxic spikes rapid spin to blow away hazards Scald to hopefully burn but can also do a fair amount of damage. Giga Drain to heal Tentacruel or if your fighting a rain team you could always go with Protect Leftovers will heal you and then rain dish will also heal you in the rain if think that this doesn't heal enough then you obviously haven't fought on that does this yet (trust me they are really annoying) but if you're not fighting a rain team then Giga Drain is your best option as it can also hit Jellicent for a lot of damage. the good thing about Tentacruel is it's base speed is fairly high for a defensive pokemon anyway make sure you try it as it will really help your team.

Fabulous Ampharos

This.

Perhaps you should read up more on Competitive Battling before making a team. Just knowing about EVs and natures and such won't get you anywhere.

Sorry, i dont read massive articles on how to create teams...
@darklord2155 I do think of my teams flaws, but i can't really think in depth because i dont know that much. F i was willing to read artcles,Id have a better team.
@Blue Harvest thank uou,i'll take those into.account.

Klaus™

Banned
Hey, stop minimodding. Be happy I quit modding, because you minimod so much that if I still modded here you would have been banned for it months ago.

How about you stop being useless and actually help the OP? Instead of saying "LOLZ YOUR TEAM SUCKS" why not offer advice on what to improve?
lolwut? please tell, how was i minimodding? by saying his pokemon were outclassed? by saying he couldn't handle the top threats with it? he even openly stated that he doesn't put time and effort into his teams. that's not a rookie mistake. that's just.....never mind. dont want to start a flame war. but please, tell me. how was i minimodding?

and excuse me if i dont believe in drastically changing 5/6 members of a team. then, its not even their team anymore. did you ever figure maybe the best advice was to go to smogon, read a few articles, and make a new team? no? no. instead, you make an entirely new team for him, and yet, he probably still doesnt understand how to make a team proper. instead, he'll rely on others for it.

Ilan

lolwut? please tell, how was i minimodding? by saying his pokemon were outclassed? by saying he couldn't handle the top threats with it? he even openly stated that he doesn't put time and effort into his teams. that's not a rookie mistake. that's just.....never mind. dont want to start a flame war. but please, tell me. how was i minimodding?

and excuse me if i dont believe in drastically changing 5/6 members of a team. then, its not even their team anymore. did you ever figure maybe the best advice was to go to smogon, read a few articles, and make a new team? no? no. instead, you make an entirely new team for him, and yet, he probably still doesnt understand how to make a team proper. instead, he'll rely on others for it.

That is exactly what I thought, I think it is better for him to make a new team... or at least change some pokemons (not 5/6) to match RU where some pokemons here can work...

Well or even NU..but like half team need to be changed anyway, cause they don't match the tier.
It isn't recommended at all for new plays not to use the tier pokemon for tiers you can go to the tier listing (which is also your threat list) and choose only from there.
I think that only advanced players (at least in team building) are experience enough to put a lower tier pokemon to work specially for an unique niche (like I use golurk in my OU team despite he being NU)

So you really need to build a new team.. or change 3/6 of them at least for NU or RU cause most of your team is NU which most of them are outclassed in OU.