• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6 Samurai Deck

The Head Honchkrow

Well, I've recently started getting into Yu-Gi-Oh and after researching many 6S decks, I came up with this:

MONSTERS (15):

Grandmaster of 6S (x2)
Hand of 6S
Spirit of 6S
L6S Kageki (x2)
L6S Kizan (x3)
6S Zanji
Kagemusha of 6S (x3)
Elder of 6S (x2)

SPELLS (16):

Asceticism of 6S (x2)
Shien's Smoke Signal (x3)
Reinforcement of the Army
6S United (x3)
Gateway of the 6
Instant Fusion
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Book of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon (x2)

TRAPS (9):
Double-Edged Sword Tech.
Musakani Magatama (I'll see how this goes...)
Fiendish Chain (x2)
Bottomless Trap Hole (x2)
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning

SIDE DECK (15):

6S Irou
Soul Drain (x2)
Musakani Magatama
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon
Instant Fusion
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror (x2) (for Inzektors)
System Down (x2)
Macro Cosmos (x2)
Dimensional Prison (x2)

EXTRA DECK (15):

Shadow of 6S - Shien
Zubaba General (I'm gonna use an OCG version until I can get an TCG one)
Blade Armor Ninja
N16: Shock Master
N17: Leviathan Dragon
Gagaga Cowboy
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
L6S - Shi En
Colossal Fighter
Naturia Beast
Naturia Barkion
A.O.J. Catastor (Scarred Warrior as a place holder)
Fusionist (in case I need to get Naturia Beast out faster)
Karbonala Warrior (same idea as Fusionist, but for N16 or Kusanagi)
Flower Wolf (for Tiras)

Any suggestions or criticism are most welcome :)

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:
not a pro at six sams but i know what the deck does... ugh... shi-en... ugh... gateway... well, here goes.

45 cards is just too much. you generally want to make naturia beast and shi-en as fast as possible and this doesn't really allow you to.

-2 Silver Sentinel (i love this card.... but i'm not a fan of it in this particular deck, you aren't so reliant on your spells and traps that you need to bait MST's. but more importantly they won't be able to activate MST most of the time anyway.)
-1 Effect Veiler (if you're scared of monster effects, Fiendish Chain and Breakthrough Skill get protected by your synchro's and can be activated on your own turn; Effect Veiler doesn't help against Ophion.)
-2 Shien's Dojo (they don't make first turn Shi-En and imo they're just an unreliable win moar card.)
-1 Mizuho
-1 Shinai (hand of the 6s do what they do on its own and can be searched as well)
-1 Musakani (personal preference. but definitely try out different ratio's with cards like this.)
+1 Shien's Smoke Signal (first turn Shi-En man. Troll and Toad tells me they're cheap as well.)

I'd suggest getting a third asceticism when you have the money as well.

From this point you can either add a good trap card (compulsory evac device)(safe zone tech maybe?) or remove some cards and do what i've seen other people do and run triple upstart goblin to give the deck some more consistency. mained instant fusion seems like a possibility as well, but when you finish your extra deck i severely doubt you'll have the space

i won't go into the extra deck as you probably know but don't have the funds. but... yeah... crimson blader, though.

if i said something dumb, forgive me. i don't like six sams so i don't know them super well. but i do know they are quite a disgusting bunch of undividuals. they also seem to be pretty good this/next format. lol.

good luck with the deck. :]

The Head Honchkrow

Thanks for the suggestions!
I've ammended the first post accordingly.

Not sure how I'm gonna get Breakthrough Skill; the prices are ridiculous e.e...
Oh, and I actually have a Crimson Blader, so that works out great :D
Do suggest some ideas for the Extra Deck; I'd love to hear them :)

EDIT: Just noticed something; the Monster count has gone down considerably after taking your advice. Would it not be a good idea to put Silver Sentinel back in?
I also removed A.O.J. Catastor from the Extra Deck 'cause it's just waaay outta my reach atm.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:
you're practically running 18 monsters, i think it's fine.

Extra Deck Cards:
gem-knight pearl
Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn
Number 16: Shock Master
Lavalval Chain
i guess that instead of Ally of Justice Catastor you could get Scarred Warrior. (or X-Sabe Wayne if you're into special summoning from your hand)

gem-knight pearl and scarred warrior are cheap. :]

i did say crimson blader but i don't think you'll be tuning for lvl 8 very often. so you should see what works.

The Head Honchkrow

Got Scarred Warrior, so I added him in :)
You're gonna have to explain GK Pearl to me 'cause I'm not sure I get it.

I'm thinking of maining Instant Fusion like you suggested, but I'm not sure which cards I should remove...
It would make it a hella lot easier to summon Kusanagi and N16.
What do you think?

~The Head Honchkrow~

The Head Honchkrow

Ah, I see.
Since his use is highly situational though, can I just put him into the Side Deck?

BTW, I've given it some thought and incorporated Instant Fusion.
I've also added some cards to the Side Deck.

~The Head Honchkrow~

actually, i just realized you run excalibur... geez, wtf am i talking about. i guess it doesn't really matter too much if you run Gem-Knight Pearl or not.

also i would advise against only running 2 smoke signal. and if you're wondering what i think you should take out it's the second instant fusion. just one would probably be fine.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Run GM Pearl they are amazing (I run Gem Knights so I have a biased opinion on it).

The Head Honchkrow

So, turns out that Catastor will be included in the Collectable Tins this year, so hooray!
And speaking of tins, I'm thinking of adding Redox to my Deck, but I wanted some opinions first :)

~The Head Honchkrow~

he's a minus. you don't have enough monsters to throw away nor do you have any use for a level 7 (in case you were planning to add reactan). and for what it's worth, the warrior returning alive is a better card in most situations (elder, kizan, kageki, grandmaster.

i wouldn't add him.

The Head Honchkrow

Ah, OK. Gotcha.
But I'm guessing he'd be useful in something like a Naturia Deck, right?

EDIT: OK, I've shaken up the deck a bit, so thoughts? :)

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited: