• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Challenge Ideas

Zekrom2525

i know we still have to wait to play pokemon x/y but we could post challenge ideas ( for example: Nuzlocke, solo run,etc )

please post challenges for the 6th generation pokemon games

i was thinking maybe on day 1 start by doing a Nuzlocke maybe.

InVicta

Kakuna Matata!!
How about the usual, plus things like; Wedlockes, Egglocke (Although I dont know what this is)

PokemonXY

#PokemonXY
Maybe something where you can get 6 Pokemon for the whole game from route 1 and your starter.

Chandelurefan1

Here is an idea... All Generation Challenge

Since there would be six generations of Pokémon as of Pokémon X and Y, how about a challenge where you run through the game with a team consisting of Pokémon from each of the six generations

Example:
Dragonite- Generation 1
Ampharos- Generation 2
Absol- Generation 3
Gallade- Generation 4
Chandelure- Generation 5
Gogoat- Generation 6

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Here is an idea... All Generation Challenge

Since there would be six generations of Pokémon as of Pokémon X and Y, how about a challenge where you run through the game with a team consisting of Pokémon from each of the six generations

Example:
Dragonite- Generation 1
Ampharos- Generation 2
Absol- Generation 3
Gallade- Generation 4
Chandelure- Generation 5
Gogoat- Generation 6

That would actually be really neat. I'd play that.

Maybe a JobLocke? Basically, you'd pretend you had a certain kind of occupation, and would have a bane and a boon based on that. Example- if you were a chef, your bane could be that you could only catch Pokemon that can hold berries in the wild, but your boon could be that you can revive Pokemon with a Revival Herb when the die (but you'd probably need something else- maybe you have to release a boxed Pokemon when you do it?).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Is this thread... Approved?

Anyway, how aout a Dex Challenge?

Where you can only use Pokémon from a certain partof the Dex?

Eg. Mountain Kalos, no. 1-50, etc.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
^What I meant.

What about a GiftLocke, where you can use only Gift Pokémon, including your starter? I've seen someone do it with SS before.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
^What I meant.

What about a GiftLocke, where you can use only Gift Pokémon, including your starter? I've seen someone do it with SS before.

Oh, sorry :p

Oh, Giftlockes are rather fun to do, IMO, so that would be great to have here.

Uh, Statlocke?
Where the Pok'emon you use must all have one specific Stat better than the rest (eg, Magcargo, Steelix, Dusknoir, Defense, etc.)
I did this and it was quite fun.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
dirkac said:
Anyway, how aout a Dex Challenge? Where you can only use Pokémon from a certain partof the Dex? Eg. Mountain Kalos, no. 1-50, etc.
So… Dexlocke, or DistrictLocke (the three regional districts)?

How about a Dual type challenge?
Only Pokémon of the two types chosen by the user may be used.
I'll be doing a Dual-type challenge. Types will be Water & Fairy
Pokémon allowed: All monotyped Water types and monotyped Fairy types, and Marill and Azumarill (both Water/Fairy)

If there is a Pokémon with a type combo with those two types, it may be used.
However, if one picks Steel & Bug
They can't use Scizor because it must start as a Bug/Flying. They can, however, use Pineco because it is Mono Bug and evolves into Bug/Steel.

telivisionhead

Gym leader challenge:
Before going to beat the gym leader of the town your pokemon must not be higher leveled than the gym leaders highest pokemon (Unless there is a gym leader that randomly has a pokemon that is higher leveled than the gym leader after that)
Only use the pokemon the gym leader has. If they have double of that pokemon you can too.
Have the same moveset
Change your team to the next gym leader of the town when you battle them
At the elite four choose any of there teams or team flares teams OR even some pokemon you used before but the level limit it still ON. Yup, a bummer
Seeing X and Y have many pokemon and a new type this would be awesome. A bit like a character challenge but changing pokemon and only gym leaders. In Kalos region there is alot of pokemon, old faces in new places but also new Kalos pokemon. This would probably be best in X and Y.

Vikings

Oracle
Fire only team? Since you're able to get 3 starters (including the Game Stop event Torchic), you could limit yourself to only using fire types, since you'll already have Torchic, Fennekin, and Charmander.
You can only use basic Pokemon. No Pokemon that are able to evolve.
You can only use Pokemon that have the letter X or Y in their name? :s

gabric

I had an idea for an extremely hard challenge. the wondertrader challenge. you can only use the first 6 pokemon you get from wonder trading excluding repeats. so you would catch a few pokemon then immediately trade them for something random. chances are you will get 6 random early game commons. one mercy rule I think would be good would be that you can have 10 wonder trades total and you can pick any 6 pokemon from them. and to make it harder. any pokemon you receive higher than lvl 20 you must wait until you face a gym leader with a pokemon of higher lvl before you can use it. if you receive a pokemon of higher lvl then the last gym leader you cannot use it even for the elite four

crobatman

Since there is so much variety, a Scramble Challenge x 2 would be good. You have to raise 12 pokemon and defeat the elite 4 twice with them. Use 6 of your scramble pokemon the first time fighting the elite 4, and then the other 6 during the second time, but you have to keep them all around the same level throughout the game.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Fire only team? Since you're able to get 3 starters (including the Game Stop event Torchic), you could limit yourself to only using fire types, since you'll already have Torchic, Fennekin, and Charmander.
You can only use basic Pokemon. No Pokemon that are able to evolve.
You can only use Pokemon that have the letter X or Y in their name? :s

If we drop the letter clause and basic-mon clause then it's perfect. Having a Fire/Flying, Fire/Fighting, and Fire/Psychic would be really easy, and that's what I'm doing right now on my Y version.

So could a normal 6th gen Scramble, Nuzlocke, Monotype challenge thread be posted?

Räven Velish

black lives matter
What about a challenge where no items can be used? Nothing, no potions or anything. It just came from the top of my head.

Or a challenge where you can only use a first-rate Rattatta.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
maybe a ''now you will''-challenge?

where there is a special topic for it. You would start like this:

member 1: I have just resetted pokemon X. Now I will....
member 2: Walk a hundred steps
member 1: Done! Now I will....
member 3: save 10 times
member 1: Done! Now I will

of course the same member could give more rules, or harder restrictions, such as switch to your Y game and make 100 froakie eggs

of course you could also deny some hard things, but do not deny that many. preferably choose 1 not per 10 options or something

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
a wonder locke, its a nuzlocke but you wonder trade the pokemon caught on each route whatever you get from wonder trade is the pokemon from that route you get to use