1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

6th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Challenge Forum' started by bobandbill, Oct 19, 2013.

1. gamer2332

gamer2332 Explorer of the Sky

One time, I did a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Challenge in X. I gave up after a while...
    The rules are...
    1. You can have up to 4 battling Pokemon on your team. (The other 2 can be used to train up (if you're using XP share) or for slaves, but not for battle!)
    2. Your Kalos and Kanto starters MUST stay on your team at all times. (They must take the 1st and second slots of your party, respectively)
    3. Save only at cities/towns. (You can't save in gyms, caves, routes, etc.)(I recommend saving in a Pokemon Center, if applicable (Which is likely the case!))
    4. Starters can't evolve! (Others can, just not your Kanto/Kalos starters)
    5. No items under the medicine tab with exception to vitamins.
    6. You can't use Super Training, Pokemon-Amie, or the PSS. Period!
    7. If ANY of your starters faint, restart from your last save point!
    8. The Fly HM may only be used from town to town, and Dig and Escape Ropes may not be used inside caves and other things.

I might be forgetting some rules. Whatever they were, I have a whole post about it on Miiverse!
    EDIT: Looking at the other posts, I may have posted in the wrong spot, let me know!
    EDIT 2: This doesn't really work well with other games, because you only get one starter in the main campaign, but let me know if you have any ideas!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. VoidPlayz

VoidPlayz New Member

Take A Cacnea. It Must Solo Wallace Before Evolving, be level 70 Before You Can Use It In The Elite Four And Must Have Sand Attack In Its Moveset. Nickname: KingKactus

3. SilverMorty

SilverMorty Well-Known Member

Crash & Charm take a Xatu. It can only leanr TMs after it uses Ominous Wind to get an all stats boost 3 times (doesn't have to be in the same battle)

4. Crash & Charm

Crash & Charm Change is coming!

Pink puffs

Audino @ Bunnursey
    It must have Regenerator and its final moveset must be Heal Pulse / Entrainment / Return / Psychic.

Mareep @ Fluffy.
    It can evolve to Flaffy at any time, to evolve to Ampharos it must defeat 5 ground type pokemon. Once it's an Ampharos and you get it's mega stone you can only mega evolve it when fighting team flare or the E4/champion.

Smoochum @ Aurora
    It can only evolve after it freezes any Mime Jr. in a Mime Jr. Horde battle.

Alomomola @ Ma-Ti male / Gi if it's female
    Must have Hydration, it's final moveset must have Rain Dance, and must hold the Damp Rock at all times if it has Rain Dance.

Slowking @ The One
    It must have the ability Oblivious and its final moveset: Power-Up Punch/Hidden Power/Grass Knot/Swagger.

Miltank @ Whitney
    Final movest must be rollout, stomp, attract, and Milkdrink

all spots filled

Green Grapes

Cacnea @ KingKactus
    It Must Solo Wallace Before Evolving, be level 70 Before You Can Use It In The Elite Four And Must Have Sand Attack In Its Moveset.

Xatu @ Zatz
    It can only learn TMs after it uses Ominous Wind to get an all stats boost 3 times (doesn't have to be in the same battle)

Need 4

Rules read them
    POKEMON AS
    Scrabble type
    I am doing another challenge this time all the pokemon must be the color Green(any part of the evolution line)
    PLease leave nicknames
    at least one mega pokemon
    I would like to have some other pokes that are parts of evolution lines.
    Also I am going to do this nuzlock style so an extra team of 6 pokemon are going to be available for subs. on this team it must use the same rules as above except all of the pokemon must be Green.
    If any pokemon faints it will be boxed aand is not to be used for the rest of the challange

5. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

Crash and Charm, run a Lotad named Lily if female, or if male, Colin.
    -It must always know Mist.
    -It can only evolve into Lombre after it has soloed Wattson.
    -It can only evolve into Ludicolo after the Primal storyline.

6. Crash & Charm

Crash & Charm Change is coming!

Pink puffs

Audino @ Bunnursey
    It must have Regenerator and its final moveset must be Heal Pulse / Entrainment / Return / Psychic.

Mareep @ Fluffy.
    It can evolve to Flaffy at any time, to evolve to Ampharos it must defeat 5 ground type pokemon. Once it's an Ampharos and you get it's mega stone you can only mega evolve it when fighting team Aqua or the E4/champion.

Smoochum @ Aurora
    It can only evolve after it freezes any Mime Jr. in a Mime Jr. Horde battle.

Alomomola @ Ma-Ti male / Gi if it's female
    Must have Hydration, it's final moveset must have Rain Dance, and must hold the Damp Rock at all times if it has Rain Dance.

Slowking @ The One
    It must have the ability Oblivious and its final moveset: Power-Up Punch/Hidden Power/Grass Knot/Swagger.

Miltank @ Whitney
    Final movest must be rollout, stomp, attract, and Milkdrink

all spots filled

Green Grapes

Cacnea @ KingKactus
    It Must Solo Wallace Before Evolving, be level 70 Before You Can Use It In The Elite Four And Must Have Sand Attack In Its Moveset.

Xatu @ Zatz
    It can only learn TMs after it uses Ominous Wind to get an all stats boost 3 times (doesn't have to be in the same battle)

Lotad @ Lily If female/Colin If male
    It must always know Mist. It can only evolve into Lombre after it has soloed Wattson. It can only evolve into Ludicolo after the Primal storyline.

Need 3

Rules read them
    POKEMON AS
    Scrabble type
    I am doing another challenge this time all the pokemon must be the color Green(any part of the evolution line)
    PLease leave nicknames
    at least one mega pokemon
    I would like to have some other pokes that are parts of evolution lines.
    Also I am going to do this nuzlock style so an extra team of 6 pokemon are going to be available for subs. On this team it must use the same rules as above except all of the pokemon must be Green.
    If any pokemon faints it will be boxed aand is not to be used for the rest of the challenge

7. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Crash & Charm, take a Treecko. It must evolve into Grovyle inside of the second Gym, it may then later evolve into Sceptile after beating a wild Pokemon with an encounter rate of less than 10%. It can Mega Evolve from any point when you have gotten the Mega Stone. It must also learn and keep Detect. Nickname it Junglelite.

8. FallBird

FallBird Well-Known Member

Crash & Charm,

Take a Ralts. Name it Aren. If female, your Kirlia may evolve after defeating 5 trainer pokemon using only Disarming Voice. It may not mega evolve until it has learned Moon Blast. If male, your Kirlia must solo Flannery's gym using only the move Psychic before it can evolve. Gallade cannot mega evolve unless you teach it Leaf Blade.

9. TheBraveGallade

TheBraveGallade Well-Known Member

Double Team!

You must use 12 pokemon regularly

Rules:
    1.Catch more than one pokemon before each gym.
    2.Have at least 6 pokemon before the 4th gym, and 12 before the eighth.
    3.All your pokemon must be within a ten level gap(difference between highest and lowest is less than five)
    4. If a newly captured pokemon is overleveled put it in the PC untill it is not. If it is underleveld you may grind it up untill it is not.
    5.Unless otherwise mentioned, do not deliberatly grind wild pokemon.
    6.You may use one EXP share(1~5 gen) or one lucky egg traded from another game to prevent being too underleveled.
    7.You may not use revives in regular battles.
    8. In boss battles(gym, league, plot, rival, superboss) you may use up to Three revives.
    9. If you faint you may grind your team, but you have to grind your entire team by 2 levels.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  10. terrytorterra

terrytorterra Ka-BOOM

Looking to restart my Y Version run. 2 Things

1. No egg move requirements
    2. No X-exclusive Pokemon

Anything else is fine. Hit me with it.

11. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

terrytorterra, take a Hoppip. Catch it in a Heal Ball. It must have Leaf Guard as its ability. It can evolve into Skiploom after it beats a wild Flabébé of each color, and into Jumpluff after landing the final hit on both of Grant's Pokemon. It must learn and keep Sleep Spore, but it may never know Stun Spore or Poison Powder. If you take nicknames, name it Cotton Heart.

12. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

terrytorterra, take Fennekin as your starter. It can evolve into Braixen after learning Psybeam at level 17, and Delphox after learning Flamethrower by level-up at level 41. Its nickname should be Kumori, if you're using nicknames.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  13. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

terrytorterra, take a Pikachu. Nickname it Ohtani. Before evolving into Raichu using the Thunder Stone, it must learn Thunder.

14. terrytorterra

terrytorterra Ka-BOOM

K, so the team so far is this

;187;
    Cotton Heart the Hoppip:
    - Catch in Heal Ball
    - Leaf Guard ability
    - Keep Sleep Powder
    - Never learn Stun spore and Poison Powder
    - Evolve into Skiploom after defeating Flabebe of each color (red, blue, yellow, white, orange)
    - Evolve into Jumpluff after landing last hit on both Grant's Pokemon (Tyrunt, Amaura)

Kumori the Fennekin
    - Evolve into Braxien after learning Psybeam at lv 17
    - Evolve into Delphox after learning Flamethrower naturally at lv 41

;025;
    Ohtani the Pikachu
    - Evolve into Raichu after learning Thunder

Need 3 more, also if you'd like to add some things to the existing ones, that should be fine too. (Not Hoppip, that one's hard enough already :p)

Again,
    1. No Egg move reqs
    2. No X-Exclusive Pokemon

15. ghjkl-pokemon

ghjkl-pokemon New Member

Hi guys. I'll be trying a "Jekelocke", which in short is a collection of restrictions that apply for x amount of routes. The goal is to activate all of the pre-defined restrictions throughout the playthrough or I'll consider the run a fail.

Here's a list of the restrictions, with the number representing how many routes it must stay active for:
    Use only 2 pokemon in each given battle

Use only berries as hold items and healing. (revives are fine)

2 Gyms
    No X battle items

Lead with a Pokemon that doesn't know any attacking moves

On a route with trainers, avoid all trainers that you can

Use a mono type team

Pick up all items, any TM must be taught if possible

No repels, cant run from fights

Use only special or physical moves

Lead with a weather pokemon

Exp share off

Lead with the lowest level pokemon

You can only use premier balls

Replicate actual confusion. Roll a dice to determine what move to use in a battle.

Remove STAB moves

Something smogon tier based

10 x Horde Encounters each Route

No O-Powers

Super Training after every trainer battle

No Pokecentre heals

Use team from route previous

Probably also important to read through some of the Nature-Modifiers I have as well, though I will manually explain each nature in the playthrough as I go.
    Naive
    Must lead. Switches out upon taking damage

Brave
    Must lead. Can't use repels or run from battle

Adamant
    Must lead. Can't switch for 2 turns

Bold
    Can't lead. Can only switch into type disadvantages

Careful
    Can't lead. Can only switch into type advantages

Relaxed
    Can't lead

Quiet
    Can't lead. Can't be used untill turn 3

Gentle
    Can have no attacking moves

Serious
    Must buff itself before any other move

Modest
    On a crit, switch out

Mild
    If a non-crit KO's an enemy pokemon, box this pokemon

Jolly
    Must be involved in every battle. Can't switch out

Timid
    Can't be used in consecutive battles. Must use switching attacks whenever possible

Hasty
    Must be switched into by turn 3

Lax
    Must use an items on this pokemon every second turn

Bashful
    Can't be used in consecutive battles

Rash
    Can only use 1 attack each encounter

Lonely
    Must be the only of its type

Naughty
    Whenever you switch, roll dice to see if this pokemon comes out instead

Docile
    Can't learn any new moves

Impish
    Roll dice to see if this pokemon holds any new item you pick up

Sassy
    Roll dice for which move to use

Quirky
    Must learn any new move or picked up TM

Calm
    Can only level up (100 - x)/20 times

Hardy
    Can ignore any perma-death rules or swapping mechanics. If below half HP, must heal

We start the journey through Kalos (Pokemon X) with a fresh Jekelocke ruleset prepared!

I start my narrative in Aquacorde Town, this isn’t the starting area with your house, but it’s the area just yonder. We meet the crew and they suggest nicknames for me. Sheridan was my actual player character name so S-kins was among the list of nicknames suggested for me, but I know I’ll simply read that as “skins” every time. I manually enter Sherry and my new friends seem unphased.

In my mind, the journey officially starts when I’m asked to pick a starter. I pull out a number generator and with a roll of 2 Fennekin is designated as my new partner. I call him Fenn, a simple nickname to match the simplicity that our group has role modelled thus far for naming conventions. I do the intro battle with Shauna then figure I should check the nature, just in case it’s a nature that I can start working with even though most of this playthrough can’t really start until I get 2-3 pokemon.

Impish. I check it on the list and it states; Roll dice to see if this pokemon holds any new item you pick up. “Right on!” I think to myself, then assume that phrase only came to my mind because I had just 5 minutes ago had my family’s pet Rhydon stop me in my tracks to shower me with affection.

Pokemon acquired! Fennekin / Fenn / Male / Level 5 / Impish - Roll dice to see if this pokemon holds any new item you pick up

I receive a potion from a man who represents the nearby store, with a roll of 5, Fenn snatches the potion straight out of the man's hand. Cute? I head to the store and purchase 15 pokeballs and drain my money down to a lowly 500 coins. Of course, Fenn is inquisitive and I offer it, with a roll of 4, and he takes a liking to a Pokeball and chooses to mostly ignore the premier ball, with a roll of 3. I’m glad I now have my only potion and premier ball safely in my bag, perhaps Fenn is actually aware that I may need these items, and that I’m more than happy for him to have one of the 15 generic pokeballs.

I choose to move on, off to Route 2: Avance Trail! Here I decide I’m going to activate the “Pick up all items, use TMs” modifier since I think it might force some more interactions with my impish starter and perhaps force me to use items that I may not otherwise want to, especially given that I have no items or money to my name.

Route Modifier activated: Pick up all items, use TM's. 10 Routes left!

However, part of the intention for this modifier was to be forced to learn any TMs I come across, and that generally requires having Pokemon in the party that are able to do so. This being a clear issue as I have only 1 pokemon. So, I decided to extend the effective length of the modifier from 6 to 10 to maximise the chance it has a meaningful effect on my playthrough.

It’s also the first route with pokemon, so the official rules for the Faulty Technology rules kick into gear, thus it’s in my best interest to catch a bunch of pokemon when I see fit.

Global Modifier activated: Faulty Technology! (Google this for a summary of how it works, else just read through and it will make sense eventually)

Shauna is up for a chat and she states forthrightly that she desires to catch pokemon which are cute. Given that I’m new to town and want to fit in, I decide I too will prioritise catching a cute pokemon! I consider this an Impromptu Mini-modifier. Pidgeys everywhere, one scruffy Bunnelby, but finally a Zigzagoon. The beady eyes, the zigzag little mouth that I feel inclined to call a cute little furrowed mouth... and of course the animation of her hopping about, you’ve sold me! I throw my single premier ball and see Fenn paw at his Pokeball at the same time.

Impromptu Modifier activated: Catch a cute Pokemon to help befriend Shauna!

The level 4 female Zigzagoon is captured! The “tiny racoon pokemon” gets named “Tiny G”, because it’s a cute tiny racoon but I do also suspect she will grow up to be a bit of ”goon”. Not to mention that I think Shauna would probably enjoy some K-pop. I check the nature and evidently, she’s Relaxed, which according to my nature ruleset simply means that she “Can’t lead”. Works for me.

Pokemon acquired! Zigzagoon / Tiny G / Female / Level 4 / Relaxed - Can’t lead

Youngster Austin guards the entrance to the Santalune Forest, but he’s no match for an Ember from Fenn, especially with our first burn proc. One poor little level 5 Zigzagoon is sent back into the youngsters Pokeball.

16. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

TerryTorterra, get a Gulpin, nickname him Stockpile, if you take nicknames. This pokemon must learn Stockpile and must keep Stockpile through the whole game. It also must have the relaxed nature. It cannot evolve until it solos Ramses.
    Edit: oh sorry, I realized this is an old post.

17. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

I just started something similar to a Naturelocke but if your Pokemon faint twice its dead.
    I'll be going over nature modifiers as we go on but its not the same as the guy above.
    I also got all the way to Lumiose already so I'll end there.
    Now I've chosen a Chespin and nicknamed it Vineyard and started that battle with Shuana. My Chespin has the Bold nature (ugh) meaning that it always has to be in the front of the party (seriously). I destroyed her Froakie and started going to route 2 (of course after the letter). Ignored the Pidgey since its automatic. Caught a Scatterbug with the Adamant nature and nicknamed it Bugsy. Adamant nature makes it unable to learn new moves after knowing 4. I went through Santalune Forest while catching a Weedle and nicknamed it Papar Wawsp (something someone made up at school, I think). It has the Docile nature (ugh) which forces me to switch into it on the first turn of battle. With a Bold and Docile pokemon, I'm on a rough start. On Route 3, I caught a Bunnelby and nicknamed it Hoppers. It has the Gentle nature which makes it only capable of knowing moves that does damage less than 71. I changed at Santalune, defeated the skater in front of the gym, and went to route 22. Found a Scatterbug. I ignore it with Dupes Clause and next was a Male Litleo (what are the odds?). Wow, I was lucky. I nicknamed it Quinn. It is Sassy meaning it must know a fire move (easy) and every time when I first switch out (other than forced ones), I must switch for him. I train a bit and then headed for the gym. The gym was easy with Vineyard knowing rollout. Once defeated (of course there was a switcheroo fest in the beginning of the battle), I head for route 4. Found and caught a Ledyba and nicknamed it Lady. It has the Quirky nature which makes the die to choose a move for us to use. I trained and evolved Vineyard and headed for Lumiose. I put Lady in the box and went to defeat Sycamore, which was a breeze with Vineyard and Quinn. I chose Squirtle and saved.

Team:
    Vineyard the Quilladin - Lv 16 - Bold
    Bugsy the Scatterbug - Lv 7 - Adamant
    Paper Wawsp the Beedrill - Lv 11 - Docile
    Hoppers the Bunnelby - Lv 8 - Gentle
    Quinn the Litleo - Lv 12 - Sassy
    Mason the Squirtle - Lv 10 - Bashful

Boxed:
    Lady the Ledyba - Lv 8 - Quirky

18. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Sorry for Double Posting. I probably will be doing this often. Now, I'm up to Shalor City with 2 (technically 1) dead. So, Mason with the Bashful nature makes it only usable immediately after 1 of my pokemon faints. So, I caught a Furfrou on Route 5, nicknamed it Chloe, and then noticed it was Impish which is a nature I'm only allowing on ghosts and darks. Well Chloe is now technically dead. I did the stuff in Camphrier and Parphum Palace. On route 6 I got a Venipede that I nicknamed Stan. Has the Naughty nature which I'll explain later. On route 7, I got the Snorlax and nicknamed in Fatterhorn after someone else's Snorlax. I went to the battle chateau, did the double battle, watched Mason evolve, and entered connection cave. Got myself a Whismur that I named Coldplay. It has the serious nature which won't be explained because this one won't be used. Route 8 encounter was a Drifloon that I named Chris. Has the Lonely nature which again, I won't explain till later. Did Ambrette Town stuff, defeated team flare, and collected my fossil pokemon. My Route 9 pokemon was a Hippopotas that I named Hippopotanuse. Has the Timid nature. Glittering Cave, a Bold Machop named Mr. Sports. Fossil was an Amaura that I named Littlefoot. Has the Relaxed nature which makes it have to know a sleep move. Had to wait to get Rest TM before able to use it. Water Route 8 was a Jolly Dwebble named Mr. Rock. Defeated the Rock Gym with some pokemons first life going away. Also, now all pokemon who have fainted the first time cannot be used until after a gym battle has been complete. Route 10 was a Gentle Eevee named Psych. Defeated Team Flare there. Defeated Korrina in Geosenge, with a few first lives lost like Psych that I wanted to evolve into an Espeon for Korrina's gym. Route 11 got a little tragic since the Brain and Brawn on this route defeated my Quinn's Second Life making my first (official) loss. I replaced him with a Throh I caught and named Izaiah. Has the Naughty nature which makes it that I can't use the Amir with it and every attack I roll a d20, on a 1, it randomly chooses a move instead of obeying. Next is a Solosis in Reflection cave that I named Carlin. Just noticed it has the Impish nature. Why can't i use actual Psychics against Korrina!? Now I'm in Shalor, faught with Serena for the bracelet, and saved.

Team:
    Vineyard the Quilladin - Lv 35 - Bold
    Papar Wawsp the Beedrill - Lv 31 - Docile
    Isaiah the Throh - Lv 26 - Naughty
    Mason the Wartortle - Lv 29 - Bashful
    Hoppers the Diggersby - Lv 20 - Gentle
    Carlin the Solosis - Lv 25 - Impish

Died once since Grant:
    Littlefoot the Amaura - Lv 21 - Relaxed
    Hippopotanuse the Hippopotas - Lv 16 - Timid
    Fatterhorn the Snorlax - Lv 24 - Careful
    Mr. Sports the Machop - Lv 17 - Bold
    Psych the Eevee - Lv 24 - Gentle

Boxed:
    Lady the Ledyba - Lv 8 - Quirky
    Bugsy the Vivillon - Lv 19 - Adamant
    Stan the Venipede - Lv 12 - Naughty
    Mr. Rock the Dwebble - Lv 13 - Jolly
    Coldplay the Whismur - Lv 14 - Serious
    Chris the Drifloon - Lv 15 - Lonely

Graveyard:
    Chloe the Furfrou - Lv 9 - Impish (died of Impish nature rules)
    Quinn the Litleo - Lv 27 - Sassy (died to Brain and Brawn's Mr. Mime on Route 11)

19. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

This place hasn't been doing stuff anymore so sorry for quadruple posting. I'm about to fight the E4 now so here's a quick rundown of everything. I defeated team flare, watched Chris, Shrek, Stan, Trinity and Olliver die. Caught Yveltal that I named Helheim. Has the lonely nature. Then, I went to Route 18. Caught a Torkoal that I named Leia. Has the lonely nature, I went through the route while catching a Sandslash that I named Sandy. Has the Lax nature. Next is Couriway Town where I defeated Sycamore and caught a Brave Poliwag I named Kermit and headed towards Route 19. Caught a Hasty Quagsire that I named Quoth. I beat up Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor on the bridge without a loss. I went towards Snowbelke and immediately went onto Route 20 where I caught a Foongus that I named Fun Guy. In the Village I caught a Gothorita that I named Gianna. I defeated Wulfric with the loss of Izaiah and headed to Route 21 where I caught a Floatzel that I named Duke. I went to Victory Road and caught a Graveler that I named OHKO. Has the Sassy nature. I lossed Hippopatanuse and Quoth there. Now I'm at the league ready for what is to come except I may wanna grind first.

Team:
    Littlefoot the Aurorus - Lv 48 - Relaxed
    Helheim the Yveltal - Lv 61 - Lonely
    Leia the Torkoal - Lv 55 - Lonely
    Poseidon the Lapras - Lv 70 - Docile
    Psych the Espeon - Lv 48 - Gentle
    OHKO the Graveler - Lv 57 - Sassy

Boxed:
    Blade the Ralts - Lv 5 - Jolly
    Mr. Rock the Dwebble - Lv 13 - Jolly
    Coldplay the Whismur - Lv 15 - Serious
    Diggy the Dugtrio - Lv 27 - Bashful