• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@Romanticide: If Pikachu also counts as a starter of Pokemon Yellow, take a Pikachu. It may evolve from Pichu freely, but you may only use the Thunder Stone just before the E4, and it must soloed 10 trainers before it can evolve.
Elsewise, take a Charizard. Same restrictions, but must evolve by a rare candy. Name it Ash or May, depending on the gender. This name is for both Pokemon

Kalosian

So long
Romanticide, take a Piplup. It can evolve into Prinplup after beating an evolved Fairy-type, and into Empoleon after it defeats a trainer with a Ghost-type in their team. If you take nicknames, name it The Emperor.

Romanticide

Thank you both :) I think, even though I'd normally consider pikachu a starter, I'll go with charmander for the sake of keeping a consistent theme.

1. (Kanto) - Charmander // Free first evolution, final accessible only before the E4 via Rare Candy + must solo 10 trainers. Named Ash or May.
2. (Johto) -
3. (Hoenn) -
4. (Sinnoh) - Piplup // Must defeat an evolved Fairy type for first evolution, and must defeat a trainer with a ghost team member for final. Named The Emperor.
5. (Unova) -
6. (Kalos) -

TheASC

Master of Mastering
Romanticide, you get Nostalgia the Froakie. Nostalgia LOVES ash Ketchum from the 'good ol days' and respects him as much as possible...

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. Nostalgia must always be the highest level'd mon on your party (can be joint highest)
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.You have to catch 5 Kanto Pokémon before nostalgia can become a Frogadier (I know you have your team, you don't have to use any of these lol)
I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.No repels whatsoever. Nostalgia loves dat Pokédex!
Each pokemon to understand, the power that's inside! He needs to have hidden power before he can become a Greninja (TM is in southeast house in Anistar City so you can use your dark type to solo Olympia '_')

So to recap...

Nostalgia the Froakie.
Always at least joint highest Pokémon in party (If not, he isn't allowed into battle)
You're not allowed to use any kind of repel
To evolve into Frogadier, you need to catch 5 Kanto Pokémon (Charmander doesn't count)
To evolve into Greninja, you need to learn hidden power in Anistar City
He must solo Olympia and must never forget hidden power.
Have fun!!

Last edited:

EagleEye

Romanticide - Take a Snivy for your Unova starter, nicknamed Viper. / / It may only use grass type move's until it evolves, As a Servine it must solo 5 trainer's after using the move coil to evolve again.

Romanticide

1. (Kanto) - Charmander // Free first evolution, final accessible only before the E4 via Rare Candy + must solo 10 trainers. Named Ash or May.
2. (Johto) -
3. (Hoenn) -
4. (Sinnoh) - Piplup // Must defeat an evolved Fairy type for first evolution, and must defeat a trainer with a ghost team member for final. Named The Emperor.
5. (Unova) - Snivy // Only Grass type moves prior to first evolution, and to evolve again must solo 5 trainers after using Coil. Named Viper.
6. (Kalos) - Froakie // Must be at least joint highest leveled pokemon, no repels, can evolve once only after 5 Kanto pokemon are caught, twice only after learning Hidden Power which cannot be forgotten, and must solo Olympia. Named Nostalgia.

Thanks again!

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
2. (Johto) -
3. (Hoenn) -
5. (Unova) - Snivy // Only Grass type moves prior to first evolution, and to evolve again must solo 5 trainers after using Coil. Named Viper.
6. (Kalos) - Froakie // Must be at least joint highest leveled pokemon, no repels, can evolve once only after 5 Kanto pokemon are caught, twice only after learning Hidden Power which cannot be forgotten, and must solo Olympia. Named Nostalgia.

Thanks again!

Take a Torchic (eventual Blaziken). It must have the Blaze ability and cannot mega evolve. You cannot use it to defeat any gym leaders where its STAB moves have a super effective advantage.

Alternate: Take a Combusken with the hidden ability. It cannot evolve into Blaziken (eviolite is an acceptable hold item). You cannot use it to defeat any gym leaders where its STAB moves have a super effective advantage.

You have 2 Hoenn options. Pick the one you prefer.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I'm doing a one-Pokemon-only run for my x and need suggestions anyone have ideas. Please no starters or legendary pokemon.

PikachuFan91

I'm doing a one-Pokemon-only run for my x and need suggestions anyone have ideas. Please no starters or legendary pokemon.
You could have a Pikachu and keep it as such until it learns Thunder. If you get the Thunder TM you can evolve it freely. I'm only saying that you shouldn't evolve it because Thunder is a powerful move and I doubt you wouldn't want Thunder. I recommend teaching it Dig and Brick Break (are these TMs even available before completing the game?). The last move would be a move that's strong against Ground, but I can't think of one that Pikachu can learn.

This isn't specifically directed to you, it's directed to anyone who wants to do a Pikachu/Raichu-solo run.

Last edited:

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
OK good suggestions but I was planing of sending in an egg form my x so it isn't limited past starters and legendary.

and i don't consider picachu a starter.

Last edited:

PikachuFan91

OK good suggestions but I was planing of sending in an egg form my x so it isn't limited past starters and legendary.

and i don't consider picachu a starter.

I found Brick Break is really late in game, so you might want Iron Tail as an egg move instead (R.I.P., Iron Tail TM). Pichu isn't really good in the early routes until it's at level 10 or so. You might want it to inherit Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Dig if you have another game for it and Pokémon Bank. Pikachu isn't the most powerful, but it gets the job done well.

EDIT: So apparently Iron Tail isn't an egg move. Darn it GAME FREAK!

Last edited:

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
I suggest taking a Swalot, with this moveset maybe:

- Sludge Bomb/ Gunk Shot
- Energy Ball/ Bullet Seed
- EQ
- Power Up Punch

Or anything else you like ^^

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I will try to use swallot since I don't like linetone and I did a pikachu run in gen 4 although, if any one has any other sugestions feel free to post them I will start postingwhen i start the run.

Last edited:

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
I will try to use swallot since I don't like linetone and I did a pikachu run in gen 4 although, if any one has any other sugestions feel free to post them I will start postingwhen i start the run.

Jeeh ^^

Be sure to keep posting

CuriousHeartless

I've decided to buy Pokemon X and want to try this out. A couple of rules:

*I will be using a Froakie and a Bulbasaur. Feel free to add restrictions to them, as you would any other Pokemon.
*All members of the team must be fully evolved by the E4.
*I want a Fire type somewhere on the team.
*Only Pokemon available in Pokemon X. I can trade, but don't want to.
*A minor thing, but no nickname restrictions. I prefer to use my own there.

Team:
*Froakie (Needs restrictions)
*Bulbasaur (Needs restrictions)
*Fire type

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
@CuriousHeartless Take a talon flame for your fire type. it can evolve freely but It must learn and keep flame charge.

Bulbasaur - can't mega evolve until he has learned Synthesis or has soloed two gym leaders (take your pick)

Froakie- (Nicknamed Philip please but you don't have to:))- Can't become frogadiar until you have one outfit that is completely blue. (except for the bag)

Last edited:

EagleEye

@CuriousHeartless - Take a Nidorino. before you can evolve it to Nidoking it must solo 10 fairy type pokemon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
@CuriousHeartless: Take Klefki. It may only use damage-dealing moves (if you catch it with a status move, it must be dealt with as soon as possible; TMs, move deleter or level up). Flash Cannon and Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough must be in its moveset by the time you get to the Pokémon League.

Kalosian

So long
CuriousHeartless, take a Helioptile, evolve it after it defeats four Wailmer or three Staravia. It must also learn and keep Parabolic Charge and Dragon Tail. It must also have Dry Skin as its ability.