• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

AithneAdura

Challenge Runner
I'm doing a Bug Monotype in Omega Ruby.
I chose Treecko as my starter so that Brendan would use Torchic for extra challenge.
As well as this, my "starter" is a traded Venipede, so that he cannot overlevel.
In addition, I'm not allowed to use revives, elixirs, or leppa berries.
I also am putting a restriction on my pokemon's levels. They cannot be >3 levels above the next gym leader's highest leveled pokemon.
I've just arrived in Slateport and am about to confront the dastardly Team Magma in the Oceanic Museum.
My current team is:
:543: Evyn/Venipede LV 18
;269; Kiana/Dustox LV 18
;283; Dubv/Skurskit LV18
;290; Lillia/Nincada LV 18

Playing through Alpha Sapphire with a mono water team, and it's been pretty fun so far. All of my team is named after foods I associate with them via their animal counterpart, their own appearance, or in-jokes.

Team so far:

Ramen the female Milotic, Level 17
Chip the male Pelipper, Level 35
Blueberry the male Marshtomp, Level 34
Grape the male Azumarill, Level 34
Cress the female Ludicolo, Level 34
Jelly the male Tentacruel, Level 34

EDIT: Beat Winona, accidently 3v4 when it was meant to be 4v4. Also did all the Mt Pyre shtick, so my team's levelled up a bunch.

Ramen the Milotic, Level 36
Chip the Pelipper, Level 36
Blueberry the Swampert, Level 36
Grape the Azumarill, Level 36
Cress the Ludicolo, Level 36
Jelly the Tentacruel, Level 38

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
So, if I decide to, say, do a Flying monotype run of OR/AS, is Pinsir (who is only part Flying when Mega Evolved) usable? Is an Altaria (holding its Mega Stone) usable on a Fairy-type team?

Alright. I'm finally picking up Omega Ruby again for the first time in years. Who want's to hit me up with a mono-type team?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Alright. I'm finally picking up Omega Ruby again for the first time in years. Who want's to hit me up with a mono-type team?
How about a Flying-type run? Hoenn Dex has a good number of Flying Pokemon, such as Swellow, Gyarados, Altaria, Pelipper, Tropius, Skarmory, Xatu, Crobat, and Salamence (sadly available very late), although you may have trouble dealing with Wattson.

I hope it is not late to post but I'm planning on when I get Omega Ruby (Which may be in a long time) to do a mono challenge because I've never done a challenge before and I wanted to start easy with a mono challenge. I will do a Ground Mono challange. I am allowed Mega Evolution. I only can use legendaries after I beat Wallace. I will not transfer or trade any Pokemon (Except for a Stunfisk I'm planning on using). Plus, all my Pokemon will be nicknamed.

Last edited:
I want to do a Fire type mono-type challenge in X. I already chose to play as a guy and did all the little things in my house in Vaniville Town. I passed through the short Route 1 afterwards and arrived in Aquacorde Town. I met my friends Shauna, Tierno and Trevor and I got a nickname from them and chose my Starter which is Fennekin. I left to Route 2 after shopping and I got a Pokemon capture tutorial and arrived at the Santalune Forest when I completed training Fennekin in the grass.

653.png
Level 8