1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

6th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Challenge Forum' started by bobandbill, Oct 19, 2013.

1. AithneAdura

AithneAdura Challenge Runner

I'm doing a Bug Monotype in Omega Ruby.
    I chose Treecko as my starter so that Brendan would use Torchic for extra challenge.
    As well as this, my "starter" is a traded Venipede, so that he cannot overlevel.
    In addition, I'm not allowed to use revives, elixirs, or leppa berries.
    I also am putting a restriction on my pokemon's levels. They cannot be >3 levels above the next gym leader's highest leveled pokemon.
    I've just arrived in Slateport and am about to confront the dastardly Team Magma in the Oceanic Museum.
    My current team is:
    :543: Evyn/Venipede LV 18
    ;269; Kiana/Dustox LV 18
    ;283; Dubv/Skurskit LV18
    ;290; Lillia/Nincada LV 18

2. Aromatic Mist

Aromatic Mist Sensuble

Playing through Alpha Sapphire with a mono water team, and it's been pretty fun so far. All of my team is named after foods I associate with them via their animal counterpart, their own appearance, or in-jokes.

Team so far:

Ramen the female Milotic, Level 17
    Chip the male Pelipper, Level 35
    Blueberry the male Marshtomp, Level 34
    Grape the male Azumarill, Level 34
    Cress the female Ludicolo, Level 34
    Jelly the male Tentacruel, Level 34

EDIT: Beat Winona, accidently 3v4 when it was meant to be 4v4. Also did all the Mt Pyre shtick, so my team's levelled up a bunch.

Ramen the Milotic, Level 36
    Chip the Pelipper, Level 36
    Blueberry the Swampert, Level 36
    Grape the Azumarill, Level 36
    Cress the Ludicolo, Level 36
    Jelly the Tentacruel, Level 38

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  3. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

So, if I decide to, say, do a Flying monotype run of OR/AS, is Pinsir (who is only part Flying when Mega Evolved) usable? Is an Altaria (holding its Mega Stone) usable on a Fairy-type team?