• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Sprinter1988

I want to start a Nuzlocke, but I don't really want to use nicknames. Would it be "against" the rules if I didn't? I feel like it's optional. The main reason I'm doing a Nuzlocke is to use different Pokemon, so I think as long as I follow all the other rules, it should be fine, right?

Let me know what you guys think if you want.

It's up to you if you nickname your Pokémon or not. You don't exactly have to but the general idea is that you give them nicknames to make them more special and making it hurt more if they "die"

Tjman461

it has been forever since i have updated so i will not list all the pokes i caught it is at the bottom. defeated korrina with bugsy. i evolved eevee to sylveon but i just got lucario from korrina instead beat ramos with lion beat clemont with boney easily now am in the fairy gym all pokes are fully evolved.

team:
(vivillion) bugsy level 43
(pyroar) lion level 42
(raichu) shocker level 43
(blastoise) squirter level 42
(marowak) boney level 43
(lucario) rio level 43

Dead:
(skiddo) Leafy: level 10-25
(braixen) firefox level 5-29

boxed:
(flabebe) flower level 14
(volbeat) BEATle level 13
(snorlax) lazy level 15
(spoink) piggy level 14
(zubat) batgirl level 13
(helioptile) elelizard level 16
(dwebble) bugrock level 13
(hariyama) Giant level 23
(solosis) butt bubble level 23
(sylveon) paul level 25
(slowpoke) slowy level 23

p.s. is anyone even reading this because i am thinking about quiting

Navarch

it has been forever since i have updated so i will not list all the pokes i caught it is at the bottom. defeated korrina with bugsy. i evolved eevee to sylveon but i just got lucario from korrina instead beat ramos with lion beat clemont with boney easily now am in the fairy gym all pokes are fully evolved.

team:
(vivillion) bugsy level 43
(pyroar) lion level 42
(raichu) shocker level 43
(blastoise) squirter level 42
(marowak) boney level 43
(lucario) rio level 43

Dead:
(skiddo) Leafy: level 10-25
(braixen) firefox level 5-29

boxed:
(flabebe) flower level 14
(volbeat) BEATle level 13
(snorlax) lazy level 15
(spoink) piggy level 14
(zubat) batgirl level 13
(helioptile) elelizard level 16
(dwebble) bugrock level 13
(hariyama) Giant level 23
(solosis) butt bubble level 23
(sylveon) paul level 25
(slowpoke) slowy level 23

p.s. is anyone even reading this because i am thinking about quiting

Don't quit if nobody is reading it. If you're having fun playing the game and doing the challenge, then just keep doing that. You shouldn't feel obligated to log it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I started a new Nuzlocke on X version and chose the male character. I changed my pajamas and then I saw Serena and Shauna in my yard. Afterwards, I pranced south so I could get my Starter Pokemon in Aquacorde Town. I ran through Route 1 and arrived in Aquacorde Town fast and saw Serena and Shauna again and met Tierno and Trevor too. They all gave me a silly nickname and then I chose Chespin as my Starter. Next Serena and Shauna got their Starters too, then attained the Pokedex from Trevor and the Prof's Letter from Tierno and I started walking away. Just as I was gonna leave Aquacorde Town, Shauna stopped me and challenged me. I used my new Chespin’s Vine Whip to thrash her Froakie, then I saved.

650.png
- Chestnut Lv. 5

What do you guys think of this challenge? I call it a tokenlocke
So basic nuzlocke rules apply but to catch a pokemon you must sacrifice a token. you get one token at the beggining and to earn more you must defeat rivals and gymleaders. Rivals give one and leaders give two.

You know what? I really like this so here we go. I will be doing this on X.

Chapter 1

My Day was just too happy when i walked out the door and found out that i would be given a pokemon. I grabbed my bag that i kept a token that i had found on the ground when i moved here. Two girls named Serena and Shauna greeted me and took me to the neighboring city. They brought me to a table were Trever and Teirno were at. When we arrived Teirno popped open a case and told me to choose one. After about 15 minutes of sitting there, i chose Fenniken. I immediately named him Fennik. Shauna challenged me to a battle, but her chespin didn't stand a chance. She gave me another token. And as confused as i was she didn't let me ask before she explained. To unlock the pokeballs for an encounter a token had to be used. This was due to the number of pokemon just sitting in a box unused. I then run to tell my mother that i am going to go on an adventure and i head off to the tall grass...

I start my voyage to become the very best, but unfortunately i had to learn to catch a pokemon from Serena. After that 10 minutes of my life gone i quickly head to Santalune Forest. No encounter interested me in route two but i had heard of the Three Monkeys in the forest. I see a weedle and get sad. All the way out of the forest i see 5 monkeys and 2 Pikachus. Sigh i guess they dont want me to be good at this game. On route three a bidoof popped out. That mon has a special place in my heart so i couldnt resist catching it. after a heal i put the game down for some rest.

Team:
Fennik/Fenniken-LVL9
Nuzz/Bidoof-LVL-4

Tokens: 1

Attachments

• Bidoof.jpg
    Bidoof.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Chapter 2

After healing i went and got my rollerskates. So much better than running. I beat the gym easily and gained my two tokens, but was so unevenly leveled. Fennik 14 Bidoof 4. Yikes! after much grinding on route 4 and two caterpie encounters, on on 4 and the other on 22, i head to lumiose. i take on sycamore with a level 12 bidoof and fennik evolved to Braixin. I choose bulbasaur and sacrifice a token to it and name it Twee. after talking to lysander and serena i head to route 5. But that was after a haircut. and in the route center it was BOOOOOOONNNNDDDIIIINNNGGG TTTTTIIIIIIMMMMEEEE!!!!! i got my first opowers. Yay. a nice visit from korrina and her lucarios just adds time to the run. an abra pops out, but i mulligan the encounter, seeing as noone catches that first try. Teirno battles me and nuzz takes care of him with one hp left. WOW! My encounter, a horde of Facel... Scragies!. I run and keep my tokens. In a batttle with a kadabra I Nearly have a heartattck as i accedentaly chose rollout for nuzz, but it dispatches it easily.Fennik and Twee dont stop leveling up as i get to next town.

Team:
Fennik/Fenniken-LVL17
Nuzz/Bidoof-LVL14
Twee/Bulbasaur-LVL-12

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Next Shauna healed Chestnut after we had fought and I dashed south along Route 1. Back in Vaniville Town, I gave the Prof's Letter to my mother and she gave me permission to go on a Pokemon journey and I snatched the Town Map from her. I then pranced back through Route 1 again and soon showed up in Aquacorde Town again and waltzed around and got a free Potion from a man, then I walked across the river and arrived at Route 2 and encountered my good sis Serena. I received ten Poke Balls from her after watching her tutorial on how to catch Pokemon and I caught a wild Bunnelby and named it Ted. I did some training next, thrashed a Youngster trainer, then saved before entering the Santalune Forest.

650.png
- Chestnut Lv. 8
659.png
- Ted Lv. 6

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I was thinking of doing a nuzlocke/badge quest in Omega Ruby, where I catch the first shiny I encounter in every area.
1. Standard nuzlocke rules 2 and 3 apply.
2. Standard nuzlocke rule 1 uses shinies instead of regular Pokemon. The first shiny I encounter in each city, town, cave, etc. has to be caught. If it faints or flees, I have to move on.
3. Shiny Clause is not in effect past the first shiny.
4. No healing items.
5. No gift or trade Pokemon (such as Latios, which I won't use [however, since it can be shiny, I will be going for that], and Corsola in Pacifidlog. The only exception is the starters.) can be used until after the Delta Episode.
6. No exp. share.
7. Last of all, no using PSS.
I have the full Pokedex waiting in Pokebank, so I can get the shiny charm as soon as possible. Right now, I am trying to SR for a shiny starter.

Last edited:
I just earned my first badge in my Y Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

I started with H (Butterfree - I hit enter/accept on accident when I was debating his nickname, so I'll definitely be changing it once I reach Camphrier Town) for some Bug VS Bug action. A couple of hits with "Confusion" took care of Viola's Surskit, who wasted its only attack opportunity on "Water Sport." When Viola sent out her ace, Vivillon, I stuck with H long enough to inflict some poison with "Poison Powder" before switching in Amelia (Pidgey.) I have a really bad history of losing members of the Pidgey family during Nuzlockes, so I wanted to make sure she could enjoy at least one moment of glory. With just a few flaps of her wings, Amelia was able to secure her first major victory.

Keroro {Froakie}
- Lv. 14, Timid, Aquacorde Town
Amelia {Pidgey}
- Lv. 15, Timid, Route 2
H {Butterfree}
- Lv. 14, Rash, Santalune Forest
Floatie {Azurill}
- Lv. 13, Relaxed, Route 3
Cottontail {Bunnelby}
- Lv. 13, Careful, Route 22

Although incredibly adorable, Floatie will likely get boxed once I'm able to catch more Pokemon. She's frustratingly weak, levels up slowly, has a less-than-ideal ability (Thick Fat), and I've already travelled with a member of her evolutionary family during my OmegaRuby Nuzlocke.

1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family. If a Pokémon faints, I still cannot catch any other members from the same evolutionary family in any future Routes/Areas.
2.) I must nickname every Pokémon that I catch/receive.
3.) I must release every Pokémon that faints.
4.) I can catch/receive Legendaries, but never use them in battle.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
6.) I can equip my Pokémon with any available held items.
7.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
8.) In Gym/Rival/E4/Champion battles, I can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader/Rival/E4/Champion.
9.) Battles must always be set to "Set", not "Shift."
10.) The EXP Share must be turned off at all times.
11.) I cannot earn more than two Affection hearts per Pokémon using Pokémon Amie.
12.) I cannot use "O Powers" at any time.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
I decided to do a Nuzlocke of X today, and I named my character Delphinus. I looked at my trainer id, saw it ended in 6, and chose Fennekin, who I named "Fantasma", and proceeded to watch Serena catch a Bunnelby. I wandered into the grass and found a Fletchling, who I named "Smogonbird". I was hoping for a Bunnelby or Pidgey, because I've used Talonflame a lot before. I went back to Aquacorde Town to heal, and saved.

EDIT: I played through some more and got my Santalune Forest, Route 3, and Route 22 encounters, which were a Weedle, Bidoof, and Azurril.

Pokémon:
Fantasma the Fennekin lv.11
Smogonbird the Fletchling lv.10
Weedle dee the Beedrill lv. 11
Wheeler the Bidoof lv. 3
Mainland the Azurill lv. 7
Deaths:
None so far

Last edited:
I just earned my second badge in my Y Nuzlocke...but I’m not feeling as celebratory as usual, since I experienced my first fatality immediately before challenging Grant.

I didn’t want the two companions who I planned to use against Grant to get too over-levelled before the match, so I relied on White Knight (Furfrou) to take down several of Grant’s apprentices. As I found myself just one Pokémon away from claiming victory over Hiker Bernard, Grant's top trainee, he decided to send out his Onix. Although I figured it would take a while to whittle down Onix’s health with “Rock Smash”, and White Knight had already sustained some damage from Bernard’s other Pokemon, I thought that Fur Coat would help him last long enough to get the job done. I completely forgot about Onix's propensity to carry “Bind”, which prevented me from recalling White Knight as Onix literally squeezed the life out of him. RIP.

Although I went into my match against Grant feeling rather somber, I thought I was pretty well-prepared, having equipped Keroro (Froakie) with a Cheri Berry to deal with Amaura’s “Thunder Wave”; however, I hadn’t expected Amaura to require three blasts of “Water Pulse” to defeat. Amaura’s bulk allowed him to stay standing long enough to paralyze Keroro twice, which made it imperative to withdraw him as soon as Grant’s ace, Tyrunt, came onto the field. Tyrunt turned out to have some respectable defenses as well, but after two hits of Cottontail’s (Diggersby) “Bulldoze”, the Cliff Badge was mine.

Keroro {Froakie}
- Lv. 27, Timid, Aquacorde Town
Amelia {Pidgey}
- Lv. 26, Timid, Route 2
Flitter {Butterfree}
- Lv. 27, Rash, Santalune Forest
Cottontail {Diggersby}
- Lv. 27, Careful, Route 22
Highness {Combee}
- Lv. 26, Bashful, Route 4
Red Hot {Charmander}
- Lv. 26, Docile, Lumiose City
Catastrophe {Espurr}
- Lv. 26, Hasty, Route 6
Dead Air {Drifloon}
- Lv. 26, Timid, Route 8
One aspect of this playthrough that’s going really well is that I’m catching plenty of Pokémon (too many, really) that I actually want to train. Prior to White Knight’s demise, I was rotating through a team of nine favorites, which has now been reduced to the eight you see above. Highness (Combee) is definitely starting to test my patience with her frailty and meager offensive power, but I’m determined to help her reach Lv. 29 and learn “Bug Buzz”, which she can't ever do as a Vespiquen. On the subject of airborne bugs, Flitter (Butterfree) has proven to be surprisingly useful, with his “Struggle Bug” able to take down entire hordes in one hit and Powder/Spore moves that make catching new companions a breeze.

1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family. If a Pokémon faints, I still cannot catch any other members from the same evolutionary family in any future Routes/Areas.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
7.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
8.) In Gym/Rival/E4/Champion battles, I can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader/Rival/E4/Champion.
11.) I cannot earn more than two Affection hearts per Pokémon using Pokémon Amie.

Last edited:
I just earned my third badge in my Y Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

After facing a tragedy at the Cyllage Gym, I managed to roll right over the apprentice trainers at the Fighting-focused Shalour Gym. Korrina, the Shalour Gym Leader, and I had actually battled once before, back in Geosenge Town. Although I defeated her two Lucario in that match, she inexplicably refused to award me a Badge; consequently, our Gym battle served as a re-match.

I approached our bout feeling pretty confident, since I’ve befriended some Flying and Psychic-type Pokémon during my journey through Kalos. I decided to lead with Highness (Vespiquen), who sported a Rocky Helmet, since I’d heard that Korrina loves to begin Gym battles with a “Fake Out” from her Mienfoo. A single “Gust”, combined with the Rocky Helmet recoil from Mienfoo’s “Fake Out” and “Power-Up Punch”, made quick work of it. Korrina’s Machoke took me by surprise when he hurled a devastating “Rock Tomb” at Highness; thankfully, her bulk allowed her to survive that attack with 6HP remaining. At this point, keeping Highness on the field certainly would’ve been a fatal error, so I switched in Catastrophe (Meowstic.) A single Mind Plate-boosted “Psyshock” obliterated Machoke, which meant it was time for Korrina to reveal her final selection. Instead of choosing one of her signature Lucario, she opted for Hawlucha instead, possibly because Catastrophe had been the one to defeat her Lucario back in Geosenge Town. Although I expected Hawlucha to fall as quickly as Machoke, it managed to withstand “Psyshock”, which gave Korrina time to utilize two Hyper Potions. After the third successive “Psyshock”, Hawlucha finally collapsed, and Korrina recognized that I was worthy of the Rumble Badge.

Keroro {Froakie}
- Lv. 32, Timid, Aquacorde Town
Amelia {Pidgeotto}
- Lv. 32, Timid, Route 2
Cottontail {Diggersby}
- Lv. 32, Careful, Route 22
Highness {Vespiquen}
- Lv. 33, Bashful, Route 4
Red Hot {Charmander}
- Lv. 32, Docile, Lumiose City
Catastrophe {Meowstic}
- Lv. 32, Hasty, Route 6
Dead Air {Drifloon}
- Lv. 33, Timid, Route 8
Dash {Jolteon}
- Lv. 32, Quiet, Route 10
Flitter (Butterfree) is still alive and well, but I sent him to stay with Professor Sycamore after I caught Dash (Jolteon) on Route 10. At that point, I realized that my travelling team was simply too big to keep everyone at a competitive level, and I really don’t need quite so many Flying-types with me on my journey.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Continuing my X challenge, I proceeded to beat Voila with help from Weedle dee, my Beedrill, Fantasma, my Fennekin, and Smogonbird, my Fletchling. Afterwards, I headed over to Route 4 and caught a Flabébé that I named "Flababy".

Current team:
Fantasma the Fennekin, lv. 13
Weedle dee the Beedrill, lv. 12
Miniland the Azurill, lv. 12
Flababy the Flabébé, lv. 7
Smogonbird the Fletchling, lv. 13
Wheeler the Bidoof, lv. 3

Last edited:
I just earned my fourth badge in my Y Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Although I’d expected the trek between Shalour City and Coumarine City to be fairly smooth and uneventful, Cottontail (Diggersby) was slain by Pokémon Breeder Foster’s Zangoose just as I neared the end of Route 12. I knew that Zangoose often have notoroiously high Attack, but I completely failed to see this one’s “Revenge” coming. RIP.

My Courmarine Gym challenge, on the other hand, went quite smoothly. Veteran gardener and Coumarine Gym Leader Ramos started off with his Jumpluff, whose “Acrobatics” made a decent dent in Red Hot (Charmeleon), even though I’d equipped him with an Eviolite. Before Jumpluff fell to Red Hot’s “Rock Tomb”, it managed to get off a “Leech Seed”, which racheted up the pressure for me to make a substitution. Surprisingly, Ramos's next choice was his usual ace: Gogoat. I decide to swap in Dead Air (Drifloon) to alleviate Red Hot’s “Leech Seed” problem, which proved to be the perfect choice, since Gogoat immediately launched a completely-ineffective “Bulldoze.” It soon became clear that Ramos had no way of handling my Ghost-and-Flying PokéPal, as Dead Air easily eliminated both Gogoat and Weepinbell with a combination of “Thunder Wave” and “Hex.” Before I knew it, I was looking down at the Plant Badge in my hand. Four down, four to go.

Keroro {Frogadier}
- Lv. 34, Timid, Aquacorde Town
Amelia {Pidgeotto}
- Lv. 34, Timid, Route 2
Highness {Vespiquen}
- Lv. 35, Bashful, Route 4
Red Hot {Charmeleon}
- Lv. 35, Docile, Lumiose City
Catastrophe {Meowstic}
- Lv. 35, Hasty, Route 6
Dead Air {Drifloon}
- Lv. 35, Timid, Route 8
Dash {Jolteon}
- Lv. 34, Quiet, Route 10
White Knight {Furfrou}
- Calm, Route 5
- Fell to Hiker Bernard's Onix at the Cyllage Gym
Cottontail {Diggersby}
- Careful, Route 22
- Fell to Pokémon Breeder Foster's Zangoose on Route 12

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
SO I decided to start a Wonderlocke on my Alpha Sapphire.

Just got the Playnav so I can start Wonder Trading.

My Rules:
[spoil]
- Pokemon on my team cannot be more than 2 levels higher than a Gym Leader/E4/Champion's highest leveled Pokemon.
- Dupe clause is in effect.
- Pokemon that faint are considered dead and can't be used.
- Must catch first Pokemon in each route/area. Failing to do so results in a failure and I cannot catch another Pokemon there.
- Shiny Clause in effect. Any Pokemon received from Wondertrade that are Shiny will be kept. Any Pokemon run into in the wild that are Shiny can be kept regardless of how it was encountered.
[/spoil]

My team consists of---

Party:
[spoil]
100.png
(ビリリダマ) Lv. 13
664.png
(Scatterbug) Lv. 2
037.png
(Vulpix) Lv. 5
[/spoil]

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Continued towards Lumiose in X. Got my Kanto starter, who is a Bulbasaur.

Party:
Fantasma the Fennekin, level 15
Miniland the Azurril, level 13
Flababy the Flabébé, level 12
Smogonbird the Fletchling, level 15
Weedle dee the Beedrill, level 13
Venus-pedia the Bulbasaur, level 10

Boxed:
Wheeler the Bidoof, level 9

I just earned my fifth badge in my Y Nuzlocke. Huzzah!

Although I’d hoped that my first encounter along Route 13 would be a Trapinch or Gible, I was immediately ambushed by a Dugtrio instead, so I figured I might as well put this new friend’s talents to good use at the Electric-centric Lumiose Gym.

Clemont wisely began our match with his Ground-immune Emolga; however, I’d prepared TripleThreat (Dugtrio) for such a situation, and he made quick work of Emolga with “Rock Tomb.” Just as Ramos had done back at the Coumarine Gym, Clemont sent out his usual ace, Heliolisk, next. I’d overheard Trainers at the Magenta Plaza Pokémon Center discussing how Clemont’s Heliolisk has mastered “Grass Knot” to trip up Ground-type opponents; consequently, I chose to remove TripleThreat from the field and replaced him with Dash (Jolteon.) Much to my surprise, Heliolisk lead with “Quick Attack” instead of "Grass Knot", but Dash was still able to take the hit like a champ before taking out Heliolisk with “Dig.” The battle against Clemont’s final choice, Magneton, proved to be somewhat prolonged due to its Sturdy Ability and Clemont’s supply of healing items. Dash managed to sponge hits from Magneton, partially thanks to its nifty Volt Absorb Ability, and eventually wore out the metallic Monster with a combination of “Dig” and “Discharge.”

Keroro {Frogadier}
- Lv. 38, Timid, Aquacorde Town
Amelia {Pidgeotto}
- Lv. 38, Timid, Route 2
Highness {Vespiquen}
- Lv. 38, Bashful, Route 4
Red Hot {Charmeleon}
- Lv. 38, Docile, Lumiose City
Catastrophe {Meowstic}
- Lv. 38, Hasty, Route 6
Dead Air {Drifblim}
- Lv. 38, Timid, Route 8
Dash {Jolteon}
- Lv. 39, Quiet, Route 10
Auraholic {Lucario}
- Lv. 37, Hasty, Tower of Mastery
TripleThreat {Dugtrio}
- Lv. 38, Calm, Route 13
Now that my Lumiose Gym challenge is behind me, I plan to keep TripleThreat at Professor Sycamore’s Research Lab. I realize that may seem like cold treatment after it performed admirably, but I’ve travelled with a Dugtrio before during another Nuzlocke journey, and my current travelling team has really swollen since I decided to take Lucario, who I received from Korrina, on the road with me. In other noteworthy team updates, Dead Air (Drifblim) evolved during a tussle with Team Flare at the Kalos Power Plant along Route 13.

White Knight {Furfrou}
- Calm, Route 5
- Fell to Hiker Bernard's Onix at the Cyllage Gym
Cottontail {Diggersby}
- Careful, Route 22
- Fell to Pokémon Breeder Foster's Zangoose on Route 12

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Continued towards Camphrier Town, and while in Lumiose, Fantasma evolved into Braixen and Smogonbird evolved into Fletchinder. On Route 5, I got a Bunnelby who I named "Bugs Bunny".

Party:
Fantasma the Braixen level 18
Smogonbird the Fletchinder level 17
Miniland the Azurril level 16
Bugs Bunny the Bunnelby level 12
Flababy the Flabébé level 15
Venus-pedia the Bulbasaur level 13

Boxed but not dead:
Weedle dee the Beedrill level 15
Wheeler the Bidoof level 9

Last edited: