• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
On my way to Mt. Chimney

0 Deaths

Party:
Osiris (Grovyle)
Fenrir (Mightyena)
Raijin (Electrike)
Apollo (Loudred)
Susano (Ninjask)
Scylla (Tentacool)

PC BOX:
Rama (Zigzagoon)
He Bo (Magikarp)
Ah Puch (Zubat)
Hou Yi (Taillow)
Aphrodite (Dustox)
Ne Zha (Roselia)
Vulcan (Numel)

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just made it to the weather institute. Pancham also evolved which is nice. I really hate training tynamo, it cant do anything DX
Current team:
E X I L E the crobat lv 34
spiritomb lv 33
pangoro lv 34
slowpoke lv 33
roselia lv 34
tynamo lv 25

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Just got to Route 119!

Team:
Osiris (Sceptile)
Ah Puch (Zubat)
Raijin (Manectric)
Anhur (Sandslash)
Rama (Linoone)
Kukulkan (Latios)

RIP:
Scylla (Tentacool)

PC:
Susano (Ninjask)
He Bo (Magikarp)
Fenrir (Mightyena)
Hou Yi (Taillow)
Aphrodite (Dustox)
Ne Zha (Roselia)
Vulcan (Numel)
Nox (Koffing)
Apollo (Whismur)
Jing Wei (Swablu)
Guan Yu (Trapinch)
Poseidon (Carvanha)
Awilix (Spoink)

So I decided to restart this Nuzlocke. My last one was going well, but I really wasn't enjoying it...

My rules are:
-Standard three rules
-Dupes and shiny clause is on
-EXP Share is only allowed if I have something that needs to be trained from a much lower level. In that case, I can only bring that and any Pokemon that hasn't reached the next gym leader's ace's level.

I decided to start with a Fennekin nicknamed Sirius this time, as I've never properly used Delphox. I reached Santalune City a few minutes ago, and I'm currently training my team.

EDIT: I defeated Viola! Melia was my main Pokemon. Her Gust 2HKO'd Surskit, and though Melia took a critical Tackle from Vivillon, she took it down as well without much hassle.

Melia and Sirius evolved. Now that I have Return, I'm training PomPom. Not sure about Hawthorn- I'm going to choose Bulbasaur when I get to Sycamore (as it's my favourite Kanto starter), so I'm considering boxing him in case it dies.

EDIT: I defeated Sycamore and got my Bulbasaur! I led with Sirius against him. One Ember OHKO'd it. After, I sent out PomPom, who took out Squirtle and Charmander with one Return each. I can't wait until she evolves.

Current team:
(Braixen) Sirius, level 17
(Pidgeotto) Melia, level 18
(Azurill) PomPom, level 17
(Bulbasaur) Kane, level 12

(Scatterbug) Flax, level 3
(Litleo) Major, level 5
(Budew) Hawthorn, level 8

Dead:
N/A

Last edited:
I planned a "new" (might be new, might have been said), and I call it... The VegasLocke! It is a Nuzlocke only applicable to the 6th gen, unless you come up with something creative to fuffil the 6th gen parts. Rules are as follow;

1.Any pokemon that faints, is dead and may be boxed, as there is a way to revive them.

2.Catching, now here's where it gets tricky. Like a normal locke, you may only catch the first pokemon in a route, exceptions for self killing mons, Explode, Self Destruct, etc. Now you need either a die or a RNG 1-6. If the number is 1-3, Wondertrade it. 4 or 5 Keep it. and for 6, you may revive one mon from your box, at the cost of the encounter, or either of the previous 2 ways. Your Choice.

3. Nickname the pokemon that you can, but you dont have to if you are wondertrading that mon.

4.Dupes Clause is not an optional bonus in this locke, it is mandatory to have, for diversification purposes. You can wondertrade again if it is a dupe, even if you didn't keep the mon. If it shows in your dex as being caught, you can dupes clause it.

So I didn't update, but I've made a decent amount of progress. I defeated Clemont last night. Here's just a summary of what happened-

-Added Caesar the Furfrou, Ecoco the Zubat/Crobat, and Mantra the Mienfoo to my team.
-Got to Grant. Defeated him with Mantra and PomPom the Azumarill.
-Went through Reflection Cave. Replaced Mantra with Digby the Sandile.
-Sirius, Kane, and Digby evolved before Korrina. Replaced Caesar the Furfrou with Irk the Tauros.
-Defeated Korrina and got the Mega Ring. Got to Coumarine and got the Good Rod. Replaced PomPom with Yelv the Octillery.
-Destroyed Ramos with Sirius and Ecoco.

I managed to defeat Clemont and Serena last night. Clemont was cake with Digby- though I was a little afraid when I learnt that his Heliolisk had Grass Knot, Digby was underground by that point, and he OHKO'd it the next turn.

Serena was a bit tougher, if only because her Meowstic was tankier than expected. I led with Yelv because of his Signal Beam. However, it did less damage than I thought it would, and he was brought down to 40HP with its Psychic. I was a little unsure what to do next, as I was sure he couldn't tank a hit from an Absol, but chanced switching to Kane. Two Petal Dances took it down, whereas her Greninja was OHKO'd by it.

I got to Laverre City and began to train my team for Valerie. I'll go in at level 45.

EDIT: So I defeated Valerie. I nearly messed up and lost Sirius, actually- I believed she'd leave with Mr Mime. However, she sent out Mawile instead, and, foolishly, I sent him right out into a critical Crunch. Sirius survived, however, and countered with a OHKO Flamethrower. Afterwards, I sent out Kane, and took the rest down with three more Venoshocks.

After training the rest of my team, I ventured into the Frost Cavern. Irk's slower EXP gain was starting to bug me, so I boxed him in favour of my catch there, Ikynn the Bergmite. She evolved quickly, and though she's still lower-levelled than the rest of my team, I trained her until she was at least level 47.

I took out Team Flare in the Frost Cavern pretty easily, thanks to the combined efforts of Ecoco amd Yelv, trained my team to level 50/51, and left for Anistar. I'll train my team to level 52 before I tackle Olympia.

Current team:
(Delphox) Sirius, level 51
(Venusaur) Kane, level 51
(Crobat) Ecoco, level 52
(Krookodile) Digby, level 50
(Octillery) Yelv, level 51
(Avalugg) Ikynn, level 47

(Scatterbug) Flax, level 3
(Litleo) Major, level 5
(Budew) Hawthorn, level 8
(Audino) Evangeline, level 12
(Furfrou) Caesar, level 32
(Spritzee) Breeze, level 14
(Pidgeotto) Melia, level 20
(Ninjask) Ghost, level 24
(Snubbull) Faoladh, level 19
(Lunatone) Eventide, level 17
(Amaura) Sylvalum, level 20
(Chingling) Spirit, level 21
(Mienfoo) Mantra, level 27
(Solosis) Luca, level 23
(Lucario) Grex, level 32
(Azumarill) PomPom, level 37
(Chinchou) Glare, level 25
(Lapras) Kallian, level 30
(Trapinch) Trenchant, level 27
(Horsea) Slingshot, level 25
(Skrelp) Seagan, level 25
(Shellder) Nether, level 25
(Quagsire) Void, level 30
(Tauros) Irk, level 47

Dead:
N/A

EDIT: So I forgot to mention- I finished the Nuzlocke a while back with Sirius the Delphox, Kane the Venusaur, Ecoco the Crobat, Digby the Krookodile, Yelv the Octillery and Zanza the Hydreigon.

Last edited:

Navarch

Started a Nuzlocke yesterday on X. I'm at Parfum Palace right now. Haven't ran into too much trouble, but so many of my encounters have been normal types.

The Squad™:

Gareth the Froakie Lv. 18 (Rash)
Preston the Pidgeotto Lv. 18 (Bold)
Frida the Flabebe Lv. 16 (Brave)

Dead:
Flynn the Sentret Lv. 15 (Wild Honedge's Fury Cutter)

topher4167

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just finished a Wedlocke on Y a few weeks ago! My final team was

Male Abomasnow and Female Tyrantrum
Male Ursaring and Female Slowbro
Male Lucario and Female Lapras

Sadly, I lost Lucario in the fight against Wikstrom ): somehow Lapras pulled it through though! I had so many deaths in this challenge, including a series of deaths that resulted in Ursaring and Slowbro. Between the last gym and the E4, I had at least 3 deaths in that "couple" slot. But this was the first challenge I've ever completed! I can't wait to do one in Sun!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Taking a hiatus from my White 2 Nuzlocke, and going to do my traditional Smitelocke in Y again.

EDIT: Current Team:

Loki the Froakie
Artemis the Zigzagoon
Vamana the Caterpie

Last edited:
I didn't really like how my last Y Nuzlocke went, so, for something different, I started a Wonderlocke. My rules are as follows:

-Standard two rules apply
-I will be allowed to keep gift Pokemon- the starters and fossils, namely. I don't want to be left with no options if my Pokemon are too high-levelled.
-Battles are played in Set.
-Dupes Clause applies- if someone WTs a Pokemon I've been traded or caught before, I can throw it back in to avoid having a team of just Pidgeys. To keep things interesting, I'm also going to allow myself to retrade if the Pokemon received is one I've caught for Wonder Trade. The main draw of the challenge for me is the varied selection. I don't want to be restricted to the same old Pokemon I could find normally.
-Pokemon obviously sent out to troll like Lucdisc and male Combee will be thrown right back into Woder Trade.
-Due to the number of breedjects on WT, a Pokemon will be considered immune to death until it hits level 4. After that, though, it's able to die.
-Shinies can be caught and kept.
-If a Pokemon's level is too high, I can choose to either keep it or throw it back into Wonder Trade.
-If a type's become too abundant, I can retrade all Pokemon of that typing until I receive the next badge to ensure variety.

I've gotten to Santalune now, and I have a pretty interesting team thus far. I'll train to level 15 or 16 before fighting Viola.

EDIT: I defeated Viola. It was a cakewalk- Lapin Sparked her Pokemon into oblivion.

Since then, I've progressed to Camphrier town. I got a Gastly for a Skitty, a Cascoon for Charmander, a Gible for Doduo and a Froakie for Honedge, which I'll start training soon. I'm probably going to throw Sparta into Wonder Trade now that I'm sure my Pokemon will obey me.

EDIT: Remember that Froakie? Well, he kind of died. It was the Masquerain on Route 9 that did him in. Still, I do have a solid team now, so no big deal.

Anyhow, I've defeated Grant. I've also realised why Durant is never found early in the game- it's overpowered. A Hone Claws and two Metal Claws were enough to get me the Badge.

I'll probably train to level 28 before I dare take on Korinna's two Lucario. Charmeleon should be able to handle them, but I don't want her to die. I've also started to name my Pokemon. I mean, sure, not 'officially', maybe, but I'll be including their names with my updates.

Team so far:
Durant, level 28, male (Shakespeare)
Gabite, level 26, male (Grackle)
Charmeleon, level 26, female (Daenerys)
Mightyena, level 26, female (Black Tar)
Pikachu, level 26, male (Cadwell)
Prinplup, level 26, male (Captain)

Dead:
Frogadier, level 1-24, male (Ichiro) (Killed by that Masquerain's... Something. Sorry, Ichiro, can't remember. But you died, I know that much.)

Last edited:

Lucia

Starting a Nuzlocke of X. Rules are as follows:

- Basic two rules
- No healing during battle
- No mega evolution
- EXP share turned off
- Dupes Clause
- Battle Style Set
- No depositing a pokémon unless I need a specific HM or they're dead, it's in my party till it faints

And yeah. I'll keep you all posted as I go :)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Almost done with a Nuzlocke in Alpha Sapphire.

Party:
Izanami (Sableye)
Loki (Kecleon)
Sylvanus (Cradily)
Amaterasu (Latias)
Ymir (Walrein)
Kukulkan (Seviper)

PC:
Bastet (Skitty)
Scylla (Tentacool)
Athena (Zigzagoon)
Jing Wei (Wingull)
Neith (Dustox)
Fenrir (Mightyena)
Bacchus (Spinda)
Rama (Meditite)
Nu Wa (Trapinch)
Vulcan (Numel)
Chang'e (GLoom)
Odin (Relicanth)
Hel (Shuppet)
Guan Yu (Doduo)
Ao Kuang (Magikarp)
Xing Tian (Lairon)

DEAD:
Osiris (Grovyle)
Agni (Torkoal)
He Bo (Azumarill)
Poseidon (Wailmer)
Raijin (Manectric)
Awilix (Exploud)
Camazotz (Crobat)

Badges: 8

Last edited:

Lucia

Beat Viola, On route 5.

Team:
Wolfie (Fennekin, level 14)
Gayle (Fletchling, level 14)
Buzzinga (Beedrill, level 14)
Arthur (Psyduck, level 13)
Akiza (Budew, level 15)
Scooby-Doo (Furfrou, level 12)

In Box:
None

Dead:
Ivy (Bulbasaur, level 12, died to the trainer with the Kadabra)

I would have had a Bidoof too, but Gayle one-shotted it so I missed it. Oh well, it's just a Bidoof. Wolfie nearly died to Viola's Vivillon, but lived with 1 HP. I ran into some difficulty with the Kadabra trainer, half my team was weak to Confusion and nothing could switch in, so I had to pick someone to kill off and I chose Bulbasaur because Budew was better at the time and Roserade would be better in the long run, I think, or at least more unique.

EDIT: Well, I just got swept by the Furfrou couple... only an Espurr left... great.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know I've started and restarted Nuzlockes so many times by this point, but I decided to make things interesting and start a Monotype Nuzlocke run, with my chosen type being the Dark type.

My rules are as follows:
-I am actually taking away the first Pokemon in every route rule. However, I can still only catch one Pokemon per Route.
-Faint=death, as per usual.
-Every Pokemon must be nicknamed.
-I can trade my capture for routes away over Wonder Trade to get a new Dark-type. However, none of them can be used until I can breed them, unless they already have a nickname.
-Dupes Clause is off. If I get a Dark-type through trading, I'm sticking with it, even if it's one I already have.
EDIT: After further consideration, Dupes is on unless I choose to keep it.
-Shiny Clause is on, but I can't use it unless it's Dark-type.

I started with a Froakie named Yami. I put a Scatterbug up on the GTS looking for a Poochyena to get my second Dark-type of the run. I'm just at Santalune now. I'm planning to trade a Ditto over from OR so I can breed my Pokemon.

EDIT: I made it to Santalune, and received a Pancham named Pam-Pam through WT. Because he was nicknamed, he's going on my team.

EDIT: I defeated Viola. I relied on Yami for it. A couple of Quick Attacks and Water Pulses respectively took out both her Pokemon. Afterwards, I defeated Sycamore and got a Houndour for my Squirtle, went to Route 5, caught a Scraggy named Slink (later changed to Obsidian) and continued on. I'm almost at Parfum Palace now.

EDIT: I cleared through more of the gamr, expanded my team, and now I'm at Cyllage.

Team So Far:
(Frogadier) Yami, level 25
(Scraggy) Obsidian, level 25
(Poochyena) Sam, level 25
(Houndoom) Farley, level 25
(Sandile) Snark, level 25

Dead:
None

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Decided to finally complete a 6th gen nuzlocke before S/M. Only have a week left, though. But here goes.

My rules:
-1st encounter only. If I faint the first encounter unintentionally, the next encounter I don't faint is the one for the route.
-Nickname everything.
-Mega Evolution is allowed.
-Exp. Share is allowed.
-Amie is not allowed except for obtaining Sylveon.

Picked the male character and named him "Ares". Met my rivals, went through the whole starter thing.

Current Team:
"Yakooza" the Lax Froakie Lv. 6

Dead:
None

Boxed:
None

Well, I'm in trouble right now. I managed to defeat Grant with no trouble at all. Yami took out Amaura, while Obsidian took out Tyrunt. I got to Shalour with no problems. I started to make progress in Korrina's gym. However, my Skuntank, Dokuro, didn't quite manage to take out a Hariyama, and got utterly annihilated by its Belly Drum-boosted Smellingsalts. I managed to trade for a Murkrow and Vullaby, thankfully, so I'm not completely out of options, but I am afraid right now.

I'll breed another Murkrow that I can nickname before I train again and continue where I left off. I can only hope it survives.

EDIT: Nimbus the Murkrow joined the team!

EDIT: I don't know how... But I defeated Korrina. Her Mienfoo and Machoke weren't a problem- Nimbus OHKO'd them both. However, a Flying Press from Hawlucha took her down below half. Not wanting to lose her, I sent out Yami instead, with the same result. I stalled it until it ran out of PP, though, and finished it with a Water Pulse as it used Hone Claws.

EDIT: I made it to Coumarine City and began to train. Yami evolved again. I reckon I'll be training my team to level 38. My intention was to leave all of them but Nimbus at 36, but then I trained Yami and Sam to 38 by accident, so... That's history.

EDIT: I took down Ramos and Clemont with little problem. Nimbus managed to take down his Jumpluff and Gogoat, though Farley had to come in to finish off Weepinbell. I pretty much swept through most of the Power Plant with Snark- she evolved, along with Obsidian. As for Clemont, Snark took out Emolga (though got paralysed in the process), and Obsidian took out his Heliolisk and Magneton.

Team so far:
(Greninja) Yami, level 39
;262; Sam, level 38
:560: Obsidian, level 40
;229; Farley, level 39
:553: Snark, level 41
;198; Nimbus, level 39

Deaths:
;435; Dokuro, level 21-34 (Killed by a Hariyama in Korrina's gym)

Last edited: