• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Quilladin. Level 21. Evolved on Route 5. Nicknamed Chesto. It defeated 3 wild Skiddo by itself at Route 5 before evolving into Quilladin and must defeat 3 wild Haunter at Route 14 before evolving into Chesnaught. It must have at least one attacking Grass move and Spiky Shield in its final moveset.
-Squirtle. Level 13. Nicknamed Shellshock. He can only evolve into Wartortle once I have 3+ badges and into Blastoise once I have 7+. His final moveset can only include attacking/damage-dealing moves, 3 of which must be HMs or Rock Smash. His only held items can be Berries (of any kind) or his Mega Stone. No Mega Evolving unless my opponent also uses a Mega. The last move must be Hydro Pump and must solo Ramos's Gogoat (as a Wartortle?! You guys are so mean. But I guess I asked for it) without items. If it cannot solo the Gogoat, it has to solo Lysandre's Gyrados.
-Combee. Female. Checkmate. It must evolve before reaching level 29 and cannot learn bug buzz. Before evolving, it must land the KOing move on at least one of Grant's pokemon. As a Vespiquen, it must have attack order in its final moveset. Died while trying to catch ....you.
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 12. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-
-

Thank you for the suggestion. I honestly really like Espurr and Meowstic and I already soloed a gym with Chesto (Viola's, where he learned Rollout) so I think I got this. I unfortunately don't get the reference but it does sound familiar in my defense. If anyone wants to add restrictions, but has already posted, you can VM or PM me the details and I will edit my team with the credit required. You may not suggest Pokemon, only restrictions that can apply for existing Pokemon.

Shellshock has been updated by pheonix12 and ultimate_charmander.

Btw, does anyone want me to catch the Route 7 Snorlax, or should I just defeat it? Also, there is now a lot more emotion behind ....you, since he killed Checkmate just after I got her. (I'm doing this like a nuzlocke, too) So, I need three Pokemon, not just two.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
ultimate_charmander, take a Magikarp. It must not evolve until it learns Flail. It must defeat all of Flannery's Pokémon by itself. It must have Surf in its final moveset.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hello Pink Celebi!

I would like you to catch a Skitty, only have rock smash or cut as it's attacking move and it must not be used in team flare battles.

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
Thank you
1) ralts-can't evolve it into Kirlia until it is level 50 and has soloed two of Wally's Pokemon in the Victory Road battle. It can't know any Psychic or Fairy moves after level 30 and has to know Shadow Sneak. Must also be teamed with a Pokemon under level 40 against Tate and Lisa and it is the only Pokemon you can use when facing wild legendaries. You can only evolve it again after beating the E4, but before Steven.
2) magikarp-must not evolve until it learns Flail. It must defeat all of Flannery's Pokémon by itself. It must have Surf in its final moveset.

Tbf at least it ends up being a powerhouse

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Quilladin. Level 21. Evolved on Route 5. Nicknamed Chesto. It defeated 3 wild Skiddo by itself at Route 5 before evolving into Quilladin and must defeat 3 wild Haunter at Route 14 before evolving into Chesnaught. It must have at least one attacking Grass move and Spiky Shield in its final moveset.
-Squirtle. Level 13. Nicknamed Shellshock. He can only evolve into Wartortle once I have 3+ badges and into Blastoise once I have 7+. His final moveset can only include attacking/damage-dealing moves, 3 of which must be HMs or Rock Smash. His only held items can be Berries (of any kind) or his Mega Stone. No Mega Evolving unless my opponent also uses a Mega. The last move must be Hydro Pump and must solo Ramos's Gogoat (as a Wartortle?! You guys are so mean. But I guess I asked for it) without items. If it cannot solo the Gogoat, it has to solo Lysandre's Gyrados.
-Skitty. Can only know Cut or Rock Smash (when available) and can't be used in Team Flare Battles.
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 12. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-
-

Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM. Thanks for the suggestion, Regi. I think it'll be difficult to use it, but I'll be fine.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
SerenadingCelebi, take Route 7 Snorlax, and nickname it Road diglett. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once you get both.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Squirtle. Level 18. Nicknamed Shellshock. He can only evolve into Wartortle once I have 3+ badges and into Blastoise once I have 7+. His final moveset can only include attacking/damage-dealing moves, 3 of which must be HMs or Rock Smash. His only held items can be Berries (of any kind) or his Mega Stone. No Mega Evolving unless my opponent also uses a Mega. The last move must be Hydro Pump and must solo Ramos's Gogoat (as a Wartortle?! You guys are so mean. But I guess I asked for it) without items. If it cannot solo the Gogoat, it has to solo Lysandre's Gyrados.
-Skitty. YoKitty10. Level 10. Can only know Cut or Rock Smash (when available) and can't be used in Team Flare Battles.
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 15. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-Route 7 Snorlax. Nicknamed Road diglett. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once I get both.
-

Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM. Thank you, MoonSong, that's what I was waiting for. Thank you, Regi, for the nickname update.

Last edited:

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
MoonSong, take Charmander, but it can only evolve into Charmeleon after soloing Pokeball Factory with no items or Pokemon Center trips. If it can't do that, it has to solo Frost Cavern but never know a Fire-type move. It can evolve into Charizard after soloing three of Serena/Calem's Pokemon in the Victory Road and can only mega evolve once per visit to an area. (It can only mega evolve once the entire way through the E4 and Champion, as well as visiting towns and the Battle Mansion)

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Squirtle. Level 18. Nicknamed Shellshock. He can only evolve into Wartortle once I have 3+ badges and into Blastoise once I have 7+. His final moveset can only include attacking/damage-dealing moves, 3 of which must be HMs or Rock Smash. His only held items can be Berries (of any kind) or his Mega Stone. No Mega Evolving unless my opponent also uses a Mega. The last move must be Hydro Pump and must solo Ramos's Gogoat (as a Wartortle?! You guys are so mean. But I guess I asked for it) without items. If it cannot solo the Gogoat, it has to solo Lysandre's Gyrados.
-Skitty. YoKitty10. Level 10. Can only know Cut or Rock Smash (when available) and can't be used in Team Flare Battles.
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 15. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-Route 7 Snorlax. Nicknamed Road diglett. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once I get both.
-Honedge. Your Mom. I can't evolve the Honedge until I beat the 6th gym. Also if I want it to become an Aegislash I must make one of its moves Protect and beat the 8th gym.

Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM. Thank you, Emolga, I love Honedge!

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Given so far:
Fennekin (Ylvis): No restrictions
Honedge: Evolves into Doubled after it solos an entire route of trainers. Can not evolve into Aegislash until I obtain the Mountain Kalos Dex/ reach Mountain Kalos.
Dedenne (Mususimus): Must be male, have Cheek Pouch, be caught in a Premier Ball, and know & keep Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave.
Swablu (Pirra/Tellex): Must learn a dragon type move and fly before evolving. Once evolved it must keep a dragon type move.
Psyduck: Must be caught while surfing on Route 22, have a Lonely nature, hold a Water Stone, and cannot evolve.
Charmander: can evolve into Charmeleon after soloing all initial trainers in the Battle Chateu. Can only evolve into Charizard after soloing Ramos' gym and can only Mega evolve once per area. (I edited this restriction because I found the original too challenging, but I still made it restricting (for me).)

I will be starting this soon.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Skitty. YoKitty10. Level 11. Can only know Cut or Rock Smash (when available) and can't be used in Team Flare Battles. Died at the hands of Road diglett.
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 16. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-Route 7 Snorlax. Nicknamed Road diglett. Level 15. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once I get both.
-Honedge. Your Mom. Male, ironically. Level 15. I can't evolve the Honedge until I beat the 6th gym. Also if I want it to become an Aegislash I must make one of its moves Protect and beat the 8th gym.

My second death also happened while trying to catch a Pokemon. I was trying to immobilize Snorlax with Attract when it OHKO'd poor YoKitty10. Now I need yet another Pokemon, so I'm open for suggestions that present a challenge and don't make the Pokemon virtually useless. Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM.

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
Still needing 4 more guys really liking the restrictions so far
1) ralts-can't evolve it into Kirlia until it is level 50 and has soloed two of Wally's Pokemon in the Victory Road battle. It can't know any Psychic or Fairy moves after level 30 and has to know Shadow Sneak. Must also be teamed with a Pokemon under level 40 against Tate and Lisa and it is the only Pokemon you can use when facing wild legendaries. You can only evolve it again after beating the E4, but before Steven.
2) magikarp-must not evolve until it learns Flail. It must defeat all of Flannery's Pokémon by itself. It must have Surf in its final moveset

I can trade in some other pokemon and breed if need be

Kalosian

So long
ultimate_charmander, take a Meditite. It must be female and caught in a Heal Ball. It can evolve freely but in order to Mega Evolve, it must defeat seven wild Chimecho on Mt. Pyre without leaving the area between the battles, and it must then solo five trainers who has one Dark-type on their team. It must learn and keep at least two elemental punches of your choice. If you take nicknames, name it Ophelia.

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
Thank you
2) magikarp-must not evolve until it learns Flail. It must defeat all of Flannery's Pokémon by itself. It must have Surf in its final moveset.
3) meditite named ophelia -must be female and caught in a Heal Ball. It can evolve freely but in order to Mega Evolve, it must defeat seven wild Chimecho on Mt. Pyre without leaving the area between the battles, and it must then solo five trainers who has one Dark-type on their team. It must learn and keep at least two elemental punches of my choice

A pokemon I glance past every time its available and yet I love its typing looking forward to using her

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Quilladin. Level 22. Evolved on Route 5. Nicknamed Chesto. It defeated 3 wild Skiddo by itself at Route 5 before evolving into Quilladin and must defeat 3 wild Haunter at Route 14 before evolving into Chesnaught. It must have at least one attacking Grass move and Spiky Shield in its final moveset.
-
-Male Espurr nicknamed ....you. Level 16. He can only evolve after Serena/Calem's Espurr and must solo one gym of my choice.
-Route 7 Snorlax. Nicknamed Road diglett. Level 16. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once I get both.
-Honedge. Your Mom. Male, ironically. Level 17. I can't evolve the Honedge until I beat the 6th gym. Also if I want it to become an Aegislash I must make one of its moves Protect and beat the 8th gym.

I am still looking for a replacement for YoKitty10, if anyone's interested. Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I think I have an idea for SerenadingCelebi:

Pick up Helioptile - It must be female and caught with either an Ultra Ball or a Premier Ball.
It cannot be allowed to evolve until it defeats one of Clemont's pokemon with either Parabolic Charge or Quick Attack.
If it does not defeat one of Clemont's pokemon, it has to defeat 3 Level 20+ Ground type pokemon in the field to evolve.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
-Quilladin. Level 22. Evolved on Route 5. Nicknamed Chesto. It defeated 3 wild Skiddo by itself at Route 5 before evolving into Quilladin and must defeat 3 wild Haunter at Route 14 before evolving into Chesnaught. It must have at least one attacking Grass move and Spiky Shield in its final moveset.
-Helioptile - It must be female and caught with either an Ultra Ball or a Premier Ball. It cannot be allowed to evolve until it defeats one of Clemont's pokemon with either Parabolic Charge or Quick Attack. If it does not defeat one of Clemont's pokemon, it has to defeat 3 Level 20+ Ground type pokemon in the field to evolve. Died at the hands of Team Flare Grunt's Scraggy.
-Route 7 Snorlax. Nicknamed Road diglett. Level 16. It must have Dig and Block in its final moveset or at all times once I get both.
-Honedge. Your Mom. Male, ironically. Level 17. I can't evolve the Honedge until I beat the 6th gym. Also if I want it to become an Aegislash I must make one of its moves Protect and beat the 8th gym.

Don't forget, guys, if you want to add to any restrictions of any of the Pokemon, you can do so via PM or VM. Thank you, Trot Away. Honestly, I've never used Helioptile in a playthrough before and it's going to be a pain to evolve, but thanks!

My Helioptile, named Lightning, just died to a Team Flare Grunt using a Scraggy with Brick Break. I am really bad at handling these Pokemon. So, once again, I ask you for another suggestion. I can go up to Geosenge and I have the Sail Fossil.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
SerenadingCelebi, restore your Sail Fossil into an Amaura which must be Male and named Isley. It can evolve freely but must always know at least one Normal-type move and one Electric-type move. If it is ever hit by a Fighting-type move and survives, you must give it 10 Calcium as soon as possible afterwards.