• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Raven, here are your choices:

- Helioptile. Must be the second Helioptile you see. Can only evolve after all other party members capable of doing so have evolved at least once. May only learn Surf if all other non-HM Water moves in your party are 60BP or less in power, and no other Pokemon can learn Surf if it does. Name it Sprinkles.

- Eevee. Must be the opposite gender to your playable character. Can only evolve into a type not covered by the rest of your team in terms of either typing or damage-dealing moves, though there are no further restrictions on its evolution. It is only allowed to use Normal-type moves until its evolution; once it has evolved, it is no longer allowed to use Normal-type moves at all once possible. Name it Bob or Bobessa.

- Chingling. Must be taught Attract by TM and solo three Flare Grunts before it can evolve. After it has done so, it must solo as much of Malva's fight as possible; if it faints during Malva's fight, it cannot be revived until Diantha has been defeated (but can be if it loses to any other E4 member). Name it Obnoxious.

Last edited:

andrew.scott9

I'm real interested in this as well. Playing Alpha Sapphire and this looks fun! Give me a team guys/gals! Just nothing too crazy lol

Bananarama

The light is coming
andrew.scott9, take a Mudkip. Name it Liek, and it can only evolve into Marshtomp if it defeats at least 2 Youngsters. It can evolve into Swampert without any restrictions. Also, it needs to learn Surf.

Kalosian

So long
andrew.scott9, take a Makuhita. It must be the first Pokemon you catch in Granite Cave and it must be caught before you beat Brawly. Immediately after being caught, it must solo the Backpacker outside of Granite Cave (though you might heal it first if it gets straight to your party after you have caught it). It can evolve freely but must participate in at least 2 Gym Battles throughout the game. Regarding its moves, its final moveset must contain either Seismic Toss, Close Combat or Fake Out. If you take nicknames, name it Big Smasher.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
andrew.scott9, take a Taillow and name it Warp. It must wait until Level 30 to evolve, but there are no further restrictions on doing so. All of its moves must be ones learned naturally - no TMs or HMs are allowed with the sole exception of Fly. If it faints in a battle against any Team Aqua member, it is only allowed to know three moves for the rest of your journey from that point.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@andrew.scott9 - Catch a Lunatone (you know, because of Pokémon Moon), and make sure it learns Cosmic Power and Moonblast.

For me:
After I catch enough Wurmple in AS to trade over the rest of my Y favorites. I'm going to restart Y, and I'd like to do a scramble challenge.

- Pokémon should come from Y or AS, because I might have trouble getting them otherwise.
- I'd like a challenge, but I'd also like it to be something I can remember, so please don't make conditions too convoluted. Feel free to limit evolution.
- I don't need any help with nicknames. You can suggest them, but I may not take them.

1 - Fennekin [starter] (Cut) - No heal items. *I was kind of thinking of going with Froakie, since I raised both a Chespin and Fennekin before. . . so we'll see on this one.*
2 - Furfrou (Charm, Sucker Punch) - TMs only if Quiet/Lonely.
3 - Mudkip - Trade (Earthquake, Surf/Waterfall) - 4 hearts for Swampert.
4 - Budew - Evolve to Rosarade after learning new status move.
5 - Ekans - Female (Poison Sting) - solos a gym leader to evolve.
6 -

Last edited:

Bananarama

The light is coming
VampirateMace, take a Furfrou. It must learn the moves Charm and Sucker Punch. You can only teach it TMs if it has a quiet or lonely nature.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
VampirateMace, take a Mudkip. Traded it over as soon as you have reached Santalune. It can evolve into Marshtomp freely, but in order to become a Swampert, you must play with it in Pokemon-Amie until it has four hearts, and it must complete four different regimens in Super Training. It must learn Earthquake and either Surf or Waterfall, it may not know both.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
VampirateMace, take a Fennekin. It can evolve freely into Braixen and Delphox but it always has to hold a Lagging Tail as an item. Its nature must be either Modest or Timid. You're not allowed to use any healing items on it, Potions, Berries, etc. You're not allowed to switch it out of battle, however you can switch in. It must always be your highest level Pokemon. It must solo Grant, the Rock Type Gym Leader, as well as at least 3 other Gym Leaders. It must also solo Siebold, the Water Type Elite Four. It must solo all of your rivals. It must solo anything in the Battle Chateau. It must always know HM Cut. You must get it to five hearts on Pokemon Amie before the third gym. If it faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently or released. Its replacement will be an Unown who must also always hold a Lagging Tail, and it has to be either the ? or ! design. If you want to keep your Delphox forever, without the Lagging Tail, Cut, soloing the Gym Leader, and any other restrictions, you must sacrifice one of your Pokemon and permabox/release it and replace it with the Lagging Tail Unown.

Sorry

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
VampireMace, take a Budew. It can become Roselia whenever, but must evolve into Roserade as soon as it learns a new status move as a Roselia (e.g. Grasswhistle, Leech Seed, Toxic), no sooner or later. Said new status move must be kept for the entire journey and used on either Lysandre's Mega Gyarados or Diantha's Mega Gardevoir successfully.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Yeah, Räven, that's way too complicated. I have no hope of getting all that right.

I'll simplify it a bit:

VampirateMace, take a Fennekin. It can evolve freely into Braixen and Delphox but it always has to hold a Lagging Tail as an item. You're not allowed to use any healing items on it, Potions, Berries, etc. You're not allowed to switch it out of battle, however you can switch in. It must always be your highest level Pokemon. It must always know HM Cut. If it faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently or released. Its replacement will be an Unown who must also always hold a Lagging Tail. If you want to keep your Delphox forever, without the Lagging Tail, Cut, soloing the Gym Leader, and any other restrictions, you must sacrifice one of your Pokemon and permabox/release it and replace it with the Lagging Tail Unown.

That decreased it by like two whole lines, if you don't like it I can simplify it further

Also I would have given you Froakie but you already had Mudkip so I thought it'd be unnecessary

FallBird

@VampirateMace,

Take an Ekans. It must be female, and it must always have the move Poison Sting. She cannot evolve until she solos a gym leader of your choice.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'll simplify it a bit:

VampirateMace, take a Fennekin. It can evolve freely into Braixen and Delphox but it always has to hold a Lagging Tail as an item. You're not allowed to use any healing items on it, Potions, Berries, etc. You're not allowed to switch it out of battle, however you can switch in. It must always be your highest level Pokemon. It must always know HM Cut. If it faints, it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently or released. Its replacement will be an Unown who must also always hold a Lagging Tail. If you want to keep your Delphox forever, without the Lagging Tail, Cut, soloing the Gym Leader, and any other restrictions, you must sacrifice one of your Pokemon and permabox/release it and replace it with the Lagging Tail Unown.

That decreased it by like two whole lines, if you don't like it I can simplify it further

Also I would have given you Froakie but you already had Mudkip so I thought it'd be unnecessary

*shrug* turns out I don't actually have a mudkip handy anyways. But even if I go with Froakie, I'll use some of those rules for it.

kneepa17

Hey guys I have been playing Pokemon VG and TCG for a long time now. I want to start doing one of these challenges. I will be playing AS. I was thinking of maybe putting in a mono type challenge as well in here to add a creativity in your responses as well. I am wanting to go with Grass type (that limits me to only one starter so I need 5 Grass types) I do not want to hard of a challenge. Nicknames optional, I am not good at that so I don't care either way.
1. Treecko

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Monotype, huh?

Fine then. Nab yourself a Tropius and name it Groucho. Groucho must keep the moveset it was caught with for the enitire journey - the only time you are allowed to change its moveset is if you wish to teach it a HM, and that may only happen once. It must be caught in a Net Ball.

kneepa17

Trpoius, awesome thanks! Should be interesting

Hey guys I have been playing Pokemon VG and TCG for a long time now. I want to start doing one of these challenges. I will be playing AS. I was thinking of maybe putting in a mono type challenge as well in here to add a creativity in your responses as well. I am wanting to go with Grass type (that limits me to only one starter so I need 5 Grass types) I do not want to hard of a challenge. Nicknames optional, I am not good at that so I don't care either way.
1. Treecko
2. Tropius (Groucho) Same move set it was caught with (can only change for an HM, and only once). Must be caught with a net ball

kneepa17 Take a Cacnea. It can evolve freely, but must hold the best potion available to you, up to max potion, but cannot use it. Must have two TM moves, including hm's if you want, getting them as the TM's are aquired, with the exception of return and protect if desired.

I was planning on doing one as well, but not a Monotype. Mine will be a no repeat type, and nuzlocke. Must be catchable on X the version i plan on doing this on. Plan to Nuzlocke Team so far is;

1.Chespin/Bill- Cannot be boxed, and must know Vine Whip until wood hammer is available. Evolves to Chessnaught after 4th badge, no matter the balance of levels at the time.

kneepa17

Awesome! Like it so far

1. Treecko
2. Tropius (Groucho) Same move set it was caught with (can only change for an HM, and only once). Must be caught with a net ball
3.cacnea - can evolve, must hold the highest potion available but cannot use it. Must have 2 tm moves (hms ok) getting them as they are aquired (cannot use return and protect)