• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The community's reaction and the backlash I'll get from being "stoopid". That aside, as long as there's the set to 100 option for online battles, I think I'll be fine.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
and also skateboard for the male, roller skates for the girls,

Wait, why would only the boys get skateboards and why would only the girls get roller skates? Also, in the trailer the male trainer was seen roller skating so I think it's safe to assume they are in the game.

Edit: And a non-legendary with Air Lock, considering that non-legendaries got Drizzle and Drought. The obnoxous weather wars that appeared in Gen V will continue in this gen if something that is not banned (read: Not Rayquaza) gets Air Lock.
Cloud Nine, same thing as Air Lock buddy

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Cloud Nine, heard of it? same thing as Air Lock buddy
Wow, what a douche. Cloud Nine's distribution is terrible, nothing even remotely viable in OU gets it. It's given to like Golduck and Altaria, and they both suck.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I'm hoping for new evolutions of older pokemon. Pokemon such as farfetch'd and luvdisc (like we all thought Alomomola would be) could use it.

Aurath8

I'd like a defensive power creep giving more power to stall and a more balanced playstyle. With an ever increasing amount of pokemon it will be even harder to be able to check the increasing amount of offensive threats without appropiate defensive options to compensate. That and weather needs a nerf. Maybe make it a 33% boost to Water/Fire moves instead with more Sand abusers.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I'd like a defensive power creep giving more power to stall and a more balanced playstyle. With an ever increasing amount of pokemon it will be even harder to be able to check the increasing amount of offensive threats without appropiate defensive options to compensate. That and weather needs a nerf. Maybe make it a 33% boost to Water/Fire moves instead with more Sand abusers.
Y u no love hail? If anything, it's hail that needs a boost, since the only decent option going for it is Blizzard Spam, and Kyurem's the only one that does that well in OU.

I too would like to see some more defensive Pokes coming in, not too many, because I do despise Stall, but at least something that'll give us more diversity in our teams. I'd also like to see some more cool typings and abilities.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
why this no post in 6th gen discussion.

Anyway hopes: I hope the Pokemon are nice, and so far their looking good, and I hope the world is better than 5th gen. In the 5th gen I didn't feel like I was really exploring anything, it was one big circle. I hope its more set up like Kanto was where you actually feel like your moving around a world and not going in a circle.

Fears: I'm kinda afraid that it might be a shorter game. I'm not sure how much a cart can hold and i'm afraid the 3D will take up to much space.Though i'm probably worrying for nothing. And I'm also afraid that it will be to damn easy again. 5th gen was to easy, and it was prolonged with huge level spikes between gyms that made you grind. It felt like a grind fest. I hope 6th gen has better pacing and prolongs the game with story and content and not just by forcing you to grind a few hours.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You mean change the stats of a Pokemon? Can they even do that? I mean yeah they can do it in the sense that is possible but are they allowed to?

In the strictest sense, yes, they are. The creators of the game can create, change, or remove anything they please with the games that they make, including change how stats work.
This was seen, for example, in the change from stat experience to EV's and IV's from generation I to generation II.

As far as the competitive department goes, I hope team preview is optional. That way, the people who don't want it can choose not to use it, and the people who do want it can choose to use it. The competitive metagame would default to team preview disabled.

Hopes:
1. They fix the GTS so everyone can't ask for a level 9 or under Zekrom, Reshiram, etc.

2. We get at least a Dragon Eeveelution, and hopefully also Ghost or Steel type.

3. A Dark Gym. Make it happen already, Game Freak.

4. An engaging plot that rivals Black/White's.

5. Another female professor, and even a female Rival.

6. If the region is based on Europe as a whole, and not just France, I want a literal Pokemon Colosseum based off of the Roman one.

7. Evolutions for Girafarig, Xatu, Audino, Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga, Jynx, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Illumise/Volbeat (Bug/Electic please), Dunsparce, Mawile, Spinda, Tropius (Give me my Grass/Dragon), Basculin, and Luvdisc.

Pre-Evolutions for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Absol.

8. Customizable characters.

9. RSE remakes eventually, with cool redesigns for May, Brendan and Wally.

Fears:

1. Another Fire/Fighting Starter.

2. Useless new HMs.

3. Too many expies of previous Pokemon. They kind of went overboard with them in Black/White.

4. Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve... I hate that mechanic.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Hopes:
1. They fix the GTS so everyone can't ask for a level 9 or under Zekrom, Reshiram, etc.

A Pokémon, whether legendary or not, is still a Pokémon. If one Pokémon can be asked to only be sent to a player if it's level 9 or under, another Pokémon can, too. In other words, the GTS can't differentiate between whether or not a Pokémon can be legitimately obtained at a level, because in order to do that, it would have to separate legendaries from non-legendaries, which it can't do.

2. We get at least a Dragon Eeveelution, and hopefully also Ghost or Steel type.

3. A Dark Gym. Make it happen already, Game Freak.

5. Another female professor, and even a female Rival.

Sure.

6. If the region is based on Europe as a whole, and not just France, I want a literal Pokemon Colosseum based off of the Roman one.

Wait, where did they say that the region was based off of Europe? o:

7. Evolutions for Girafarig, Xatu, Audino, Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga, Jynx, Farfetch'd, Chatot, Illumise/Volbeat (Bug/Electic please), Dunsparce, Mawile, Spinda, Tropius (Give me my Grass/Dragon), Basculin, and Luvdisc.

Girafarig, Dunsparce, Mawile, Sableye, and Luvdisc I can agree on. The rest just don't feel like they would have evolutions, in my opinion.

Pre-Evolutions for Skarmory, Tauros/Miltank, Absol.

Agreed. And with Tauros and Miltank, they could be the same Pokémon that evolve into either one or the other depending on gender.

9. RSE remakes eventually, with cool redesigns for May, Brendan and Wally.

Also agreed.

Fears:

1. Another Fire/Fighting Starter.

2. Useless new HMs.

3. Too many expies of previous Pokemon. They kind of went overboard with them in Black/White.

4. Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve... I hate that mechanic.

While I'm not "afraid" of another Fire/Fighting starter, I still wouldn't really want one. Useless new HM's are just for storyline purposes anyway, so I'm not afraid of them, either.

Despite common belief, there's more evidence than lack thereof that suggests that Black and White were meant to be a fresh new start just like Kanto was. This meant that there were bound to be Unova Pokémon that matched their Kanto counterparts. But because gen VI is after gen V, I hope there aren't too many counterparts to previous Pokémon.

And I don't mind the lattermost thing, either. Although for all intents and purposes, if they did make trade-to-evolve Pokémon, I'd rather have them be novelty Pokémon rather than extremely viable ones (for both in-game and competitive battling). That way, people wouldn't feel as bad if they couldn't get them.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I want a falcon pokemon with awesome stats and typing...still going on about this,even after 5 gens^^

I want a Dark gym and more Dark type pokemon

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Dream Radar, I've scammed a few people off of their high levelled shinies for legendaries that had horrid natures. No less, it would be tricky to program regardless and then there are events to consider. I doubt it will happen.

Yes please, it was very fresh.

Yes please, the ones that aren't great need to get the taste for blood.

Doubt that will happen but we can dream (even if the customization is simple like in Battle Revolution). Maybe something like Animal Crossing where you can change your character's head to be the head of one of your Miis? Look at it this way though, as long as you look as cool as EgoRaptor; what could go wrong? Answer; the desire of not wanting a sailor mouth. Wait, this has nothing to do with the competitive side!

On topic of the pathetically useless of the never used tier, I hope that they don't go overboard with new Pokemon and only make new starters, legendaries, evolutions of Pokemon that don't fair well on the battlefield, and the odd gimmick creature.

Soperman

The One and Only
I take the entry hazard part out of stall being destroyed then. I still hate how entry hazards centralise the metagame though. Defog needs to blow away hazards to fix it flavorwise.
Sorry, but entry hazards make the game a lot more interesting. They add a greater element of strategy in both teambuilding and battling, meaning you may have to save your spinner or lose a pokemon, giving the opponent an advantage. It's fun!

Anywaysssss:

Hopes: Few pokemon that will go into Ubers
Few Fighting types
An actually interesting side-thing (like the contests)
New types
Dual typing for moves (Well, unsure about this one, but still)

Fears:
They'll focus too much on the story, like they almost did in BW2
Lots of stupid, useless, and unnecessary pokemon (like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc and the Monkey-sages)
Ridiculous new mechanics
Lots of Fighting types.

Gawd I hate Fighting types.

AnakBaé

Hopes:
1. They will create more broken pokes with insane abilities such as Sand rush Exca, Speed Boost Blaziken, Multiscale D-nite, Tech Loom & etc.
2. Sword Dance will only boost "Slashing" type moves <- I know its sounds dumb, but it makes perfect sense if it work that way.
3. Moveset Change.
4. New Mechanics, hopefully new status effects.

Fears:
1. They wont change anything but adding new garbage pokes with ugly appearance and useless stats.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
My worst fear is that they're going to have a bad storyline/characters.

I have other things to fear, but this is the one that worries me the most. Please GF...please let X/Y have a good story...please....

As a fan I would really like to see a shuckle evolution even if it sucks but thats just me.

As a player i would like to see hail sun rain clear skies and sand more ballanced and for stall to become more viable again with effective walls but i fear that is all too much to ask so ill go with stall becomming more viable and hail being more capable of playing along with sun. sand and rain dont need any more toys

Elveman