• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'd like a Poison-type legendary. I don't even give a **** how non-viable it would be, I'd still find a way to use it. Literally every other type except Bug has a legendary, give Poison some love.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
My hopes for Gen 6 is simple. More defensive power creep. seriously, gen 5 has such a huge boost in power creep that it's not even funny. I also want a perma-TR setter, wishful thinking. I also want Gen 6 OU Metagame to be more interesting. Gen 5 OU is literally rain + clear skies and occasional other teams. Yeah.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I really hope that they use some animals that haven't been made into Pokemon yet. We've seen tons of pigeon Pokemon, so why not make the regional bird a Kiwi, or maybe a Bird of Paradise? There's so many ideas they could be using that they haven't even touched yet.
And, I agree, a Poison legend would be awesome. We have WAY too many Dragon and Psychic legends, I just want to see something new...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
A permanent Trick Room setter would be broken because there's no way to override it. At least if Rain or Sun really screws you over you can carry Hail or Sandstorm somewhere to cancel it. However, an item like Light Clay or the Weather Rocks for Trick Room would be nice.

On-topic, I'm reqlly hoping for that Ice-type Def buff in Hail like what was rumored at the beginning of 5th Gen. Just imagine Regice with that if Ice Body gets released. It'd be like a Stallrein with way more bulk and great offensive presence with STAB Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
^YES! I've been wanting this since DPPt. It would certainly add some value to Hail. Right now all Hail really is is Blizzard spam.

Anyone else think Fighting should lose its super-effective coverage against Steel and Rock? It just doesn't make sense... Maybe it could hit Bug and like Water or something instead.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Lol the type chart is fine as it is. I don't get why fighting should lose its super-effective coverage against rock and steel since they're breakable. How fighting beats bug (don't tell me you squash them, because bugs in the Pokemon World are the size of a human) or how it beats water type. Tbh the type chart isn't as overpowered as everyone perceives them to be. And no type chart changes were made after Gen 2, which should never be changed again.

Hail and sands are counterpart. Let's see this thing...

Hail:
+ 100% Blizzard
+ Pokemon with Ice Body recover HP
+ Pokemon with Snow Cloak raises evasiveness
+ Ice Pokemon do not get damaged by hail.

Sand:
+ Pokemon with Sand Force gets extra damage on Ground, Rock and Steel (?) moves
+ Pokemon with Sand Rush gets double speed
+ Pokemon with Sand Veil raises evasiveness
+ Rock type pokemon have their special defense raised by 50%
+ All Pokemon except for Ground, Rock and Steel are damaged by sand.

So Sand definitely has a bunch of more, cooler perks than hail. Besides, Steel is arguably the best defensive typing: takes no damage from sand. Whereas you can hardly build a hail team without taking hail damage. Lastly, there's also this unfair 50% advantage.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Using that logic nearly everything should be weak to fighting...

Anyways, I've been thinking...

How badass would a pot leaf Pokemon be? My God, make it happen now GF.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I don't o_O

My hopes for Gen 6 is simple. More defensive power creep. seriously, gen 5 has such a huge boost in power creep that it's not even funny. I also want a perma-TR setter, wishful thinking. I also want Gen 6 OU Metagame to be more interesting. Gen 5 OU is literally rain + clear skies and occasional other teams. Yeah.
This is why I'm hoping some of the little guys get a boost like Shuckle with Recover. Speaking of which, I hope Castform evolves into a pseudo-legendary with 100 in base stats across the board while gaining a new baby form that can learn Recover while the new evolution can learn Calm Mind. If anything, don't make any new Pokemon bar starters, legendaries, and evolutions for the little guys that never stood a chance.

So Sand definitely has a bunch of more, cooler perks than hail.
...urge...to...make...pun...

Whereas you can hardly build a hail team without taking hail damage. Lastly, there's also this unfair 50% advantage.
Really? I've made a team consisting of Abomasnow, Cloyster, Cryogonal, Froslass, Kyurem, and Mamoswine (4 OU, 1 UU, 1 RU) and though it does have the basic problems, it works quite well.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Using that logic nearly everything should be weak to fighting...
Actually, if there were a Pokemon of every type, it's only weakness would be Rock. Coincidence much? I think not. That would be interesting though, maybe Arceus' Dream World ability.

How badass would a pot leaf Pokemon be? My God, make it happen now GF.
What do you mean by "pot leaf"?

Anyways... Abomasnow evo? Sounds interesting... Abomasnow's stats are pretty terrible right now, so I'd like that too actually. Might convince me to make a Hail team.
Yeah, the old Christmas tree is only OU due to its ability, if it weren't for that...would be an ice touch. Yeah, puns!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
potted-plant.jpg

Considering your description, that's going to be an absolute "no".

Haha, yeah I figured. Just wishful thinking on my part.

People's thoughts on giving **** like Delibird and Castform evolutions?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Haha, yeah I figured. Just wishful thinking on my part.

People's thoughts on giving **** like Delibird and Castform evolutions?
Rock Grass type? Delibird still has that double Rock weakness. If its Dream World ability changed sure. Considering its move-set: I would honestly want a tank but that typing only goes so far. Solid Rock ability? Like I said before, Castform, give it a pre-evolution and make its final for a pseudo-legendary with access to Recover and Calm Mind. The other guys like Spinda get a shout out too.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Rock Grass type? Delibird still has that double Rock weakness. If its Dream World ability changed sure. Considering its move-set: I would honestly want a tank but that typing only goes so far. Solid Rock ability? Like I said before, Castform, give it a pre-evolution and make its final for a pseudo-legendary with access to Recover and Calm Mind. The other guys like Spinda get a shout out too.

Mhm. Spinda's got weird stats, 60/60/60/60/60/60 means he could really evolve into anything. I'd like a tanky physical sweeper so I could abuse Contrary Superpower but that's just me. Castform is in the same bin, but I suspect a Castform evo would be a fast special sweeper. Delibird... Ugh, Delibird is hopeless. Just give it an evo for the sake of putting Delibird in LC where he can maybe do something, haha. Uh... How about Phione? Maybe there should be some way to evolve Phione into another Manaphy? Shuckle should get an evolution that can learn Recover and Seismic Toss, then he might see the light of at least UU. What other gimmicky POS am I forgetting?

Oh Luvdisc. Well, since they already made Alomomola I don't even know what to do with Luvdisc.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Again, more off-topic junk deleted / edited out. Calm down people or you will get infracted. -____-