• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Again, more off-topic junk deleted / edited out. Calm down people or you will get infracted. -____-

Sorry, kind of.

Just realized I forgot Glalie. I know we have Froslass now, but I think Glalie needs an evolution. Ice/Dark is obvious, but that's terrible typing. He'd need some seriously good stats or some gimmick like Shell Smash or something to ever be viable...

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I really want a Castform evo to NOT be a Psuedo-legend.

90/70/90/110/120/100

Then maybe it'll see the lights of OU. Luvdisc is completely hopeless, Delibird has that glaring 50% SR weakness (unless SR was nerfed), Spinda might get an evo, but it's hugely doubtful...

/meh.

I really want a Castform evo to NOT be a Psuedo-legend.

90/70/90/110/120/100

Then maybe it'll see the lights of OU. Luvdisc is completely hopeless, Delibird has that glaring 50% SR weakness (unless SR was nerfed), Spinda might get an evo, but it's hugely doubtful...

/meh.

Actually, assuming the same typing and moveset, a Castform evo with that stat spread would be pretty good. That would be pretty nice bulk (especially on the special side) and great SpA. Don't forget that Castform also learns many of the essential weather moves (Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard), so it'd have those to throw around. Weather Ball could see some use since no matter which weather you're in, you'll have a base 100 move to throw around with STAB, bar Sandstorm. I could see a Rain abuser set with something like Weather Ball / Thunder (or Thunderbolt) / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump being pretty good. That kind of set up could be really dangerous for key members of Sand and Sun teams, which would be pretty cool.

I really hope they give Castform a new evo in 6th Gen. Even if they just boosted his base stats to 90 each, that would at least make him usable and less of a gimmick.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Actually, assuming the same typing and moveset, a Castform evo with that stat spread would be pretty good. That would be pretty nice bulk (especially on the special side) and great SpA. Don't forget that Castform also learns many of the essential weather moves (Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard), so it'd have those to throw around. Weather Ball could see some use since no matter which weather you're in, you'll have a base 100 move to throw around with STAB, bar Sandstorm. I could see a Rain abuser set with something like Weather Ball / Thunder (or Thunderbolt) / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump being pretty good. That kind of set up could be really dangerous for key members of Sand and Sun teams, which would be pretty cool.

I really hope they give Castform a new evo in 6th Gen. Even if they just boosted his base stats to 90 each, that would at least make him usable and less of a gimmick.

Yes, and Forecast needs to be given a Rock/Sandstorm form. 90/90/90/90/90/90 seems pretty meh to me, although I guess he'd be an okay weather check, he'd probably need a Scarf. Or, for that matter, you could use (lol) Eviolite Castform. OceanicLanturn's spread is good, if he got that he'd definitely be OU.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
So the three starters were revealed to be pure types... Does anyone think, just by their typings, that they'd have a chance in LC?

Normally starters aren't very popular in LC. I could see Froakie and the fire one being walled by Chinochou, that is, if there's no annoying Ferroseed v.2.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
If there is something that MAY change certain pokemon's performance ... it is new Items. This idea of mine, I found it from Timegate Traveller of Pokestar Studios. If you have seen the Ledian holding a lance at chapter 2, then you can understand my idea below.

Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 10 (REALLY SLOW HUH?).

For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptive power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)

If they still can do this idea though, great.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
One thing i hope is, Gliscor stays as powerful as he is, or gets a small buff. Hes my favorite pokemon, and i would hate to see him get nerfed. Also, a poison legendary.

EDIT: I would also like to see a lot of the weaker pokemon get some buffs.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
jireh the provider said:
For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptive power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)

As fun as making a tank Skarmory would be, this would be too overpowered. Just imagine how overpowered Rotom's formes would be. Granted, most non-evolvers are NU, but you have to keep in mind that a few of them are in the higher tiers. All of Rotom's alternate formes would end up in Ubers, since they pretty much get a Specs boost with no drawback.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Tropious, Chimecho, and Absol; while playing through Sapphire they always felt like a trio of some sort. Chimecho has Chingling but the other two don't, in fact they're all okay. Evolutions?

Also, some abilities need balance. A reduction to speed increasing abilities caused by weather? Speaking of which, I still find Solar Power needs to lose the recoil unless someone gets an evolution that would be overpowered without it.

Ugh...I'm still worried about a weather dominant metaknightgame and how bland it is.

Mono-type teams used in standard OU for the win! Now Arcanine, help me find a way to make Torkoal evolve into a Fire-Steel type that knows Slack Off!

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
I just hope there are new pokes who can learn rapid spin, and/or to have a new ability/item/move to remove entry hazards. They are too OP currently, especially stealth rock.
Also, I'd like some more different type combinations such as ghost/steel and grass/ghost.
I'd also be nice if the metagame would be somewhat more balanced. I hope GF improves a lot of currently bad pokemon to make them viable in OU. With all the new pokemon, we'd have a very broad OU tier, with many pokes viable in it. I understand not all pokemon can be equal and some have to be better than others (everything>farfetch'd>delibird), but I like the idea of a very broad tier.

When I saw this game was getting released so soon after 5th gen I immediately felt like it was too soon and this game was gonna feel rushed. And then when I saw the starters that feeling grew. I dunno I personally do not like the direction designs are going based off of those three. They keep getting...more and more cartoony every gen. I guess I am somewhat exited to see what 6th gen will be like but also worried lol.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I just hope there are new pokes who can learn rapid spin, and/or to have a new ability/item/move to remove entry hazards. They are too OP currently, especially stealth rock.
Also, I'd like some more different type combinations such as ghost/steel and grass/ghost.
I'd also be nice if the metagame would be somewhat more balanced. I hope GF improves a lot of currently bad pokemon to make them viable in OU. With all the new pokemon, we'd have a very broad OU tier, with many pokes viable in it. I understand not all pokemon can be equal and some have to be better than others (everything>farfetch'd>delibird), but I like the idea of a very broad tier.

Glad I'm not the only one to think of a ghost steel typing.

New hope: their is such a power creep/ defensive creep that some ubers are dropped down to ou.

New fear; we start having so many pokemon that we need more tiers and then certain tiers are almost never played

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
I personally just want something to rock all the OU Dragons a bit... A couple new 'mons that throw them off their balance and just generally get rid of a little bit (not too much) of their preferability would be nice...

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Ah psycho I knew you'd post a thread like this.

Anyway I'm hoping nature and weather plays a prominant role gamewise. Landscape, location or even competitively I think it could be interesting. I don't think it'll play a huge role like in RSE but considering the graphics on a 3DS I'm sure there will be more detail in the natural and urban landscape

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
WE need better haxers ad abusers of serene grace. Only Togekiss, Jirachi, and shaymin Sky forme do it well. The others ... meh.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
I want the crits to hit a little less. Too many times have I lost a battle because someone got lucky and got a crit and took off a nice chunk of HP.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I want the crits to hit a little less. Too many times have I lost a battle because someone got lucky and got a crit and took off a nice chunk of HP.

I think the option to disable crits on wifi battles would be nice, but crits are often key in defeating things like Calm Mind spammers.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
I think the option to disable crits on wifi battles would be nice, but crits are often key in defeating things like Calm Mind spammers.

True enough, but, it sometimes seems the crits are a bit over the top. I understand it doing more damage then it would without a crit, but sometimes a non effective move that crits takes me down by more then half.

I think one new mechanic that could be interesting would be - and follow me on this one - 7 Pokemon battles. One of the big problems in 5th Gen was that there were so many powerful and viable Pokemon in OU that it was impossible to counter everything with just 6 teamslots. But what if you had an extra one? This could give stall teams a boost since they would have a little extra room to cover all the roles that a stall team needs while also having a better chance of being able to counter most (if not all) offensive threats. Of course, this could have an adverse affect as well, since offensive teams would be able to carry one more sweeper or stall breaker, but it would certainly be an interesting change.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I think one new mechanic that could be interesting would be - and follow me on this one - 7 Pokemon battles. One of the big problems in 5th Gen was that there were so many powerful and viable Pokemon in OU that it was impossible to counter everything with just 6 teamslots. But what if you had an extra one? This could give stall teams a boost since they would have a little extra room to cover all the roles that a stall team needs while also having a better chance of being able to counter most (if not all) offensive threats. Of course, this could have an adverse affect as well, since offensive teams would be able to carry one more sweeper or stall breaker, but it would certainly be an interesting change.

Agreeing to this. BUT if we are applying this mechanic, the battles must be set around the Rotation and Triple Battles.

What I meant is that rotation, double, and Triple battle mechanics must be expanded greatly. Like, lets say in the modified Rotation battles, you will release 3 pokemon with 2 on the back and 1 on the front. But with the new mechanics added, a fourth slot is added to the side of the field. Which means that fourth slot can replace any pokemon from behind (the one attacking fromt can't be interfered) without wasting a turn