• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
A Dark Type Rapid Spinner plz! And give it decent offenses to counter spin blockers. Oh and nerf Rain just b/c.
Nah, Ghost Spinners are where it's at. But to be honest I'd just like another decent Rapid Spinner, as it is I kinda have to choose between Tenta and Starmie... (Forry is awful and I can't use Donphan well)

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
Hmm i hope they remove the moves Minimize and Double team tbh.
Extremely gimmicky in stuff lick Battle subway. I just almost lost my lvl 100 gyarados to Lt.Surge's Raichu cause i had to switch my meganium, thanks to doubleteams = retarded balance.
I also got nuked by Dusknoir in the subway which spammed Double team, then used toxic and protect spam.
I realy realy hope GF removes those moves, or make them only usable like 2/3 times, or lower the amount of evasiveness gained.

I fear that item's can't be transferred from 5th gen to 6th gen AGAIN and some Pokemon i trained become obsolete because of better new egg moves and such.

Aurath8

Would a Scrappy Rapid Spinner be too much to ask...?

This.

We just need more spinners in general. Over 1/6th of pokemon learn entry hazards while all we have to repel them are 16 fully evolved pokemon and 3(Delibird/Spinda/Torkoal are just plain bad. So we have about 10 times more hazard letters than spinners.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
This.

We just need more spinners in general. Over 1/6th of pokemon learn entry hazards while all we have to repel them are 16 fully evolved pokemon and 3(Delibird/Spinda/Torkoal are just plain bad. So we have about 10 times more hazard letters than spinners.
Or give them evolutions. I can honestly see Delibird getting an evolution and benefiting greatly from its Dream World ability.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I agree, although we don't need tons of spinners. A meta game with hazards in isn't a bad thing and it's good that theres another tactic you can build your team around, we just need another decent spinner or two. That's all.

Or give them evolutions. I can honestly see Delibird getting an evolution and benefiting greatly from its Dream World ability.

Ive wanted a Delibird evo for so long :D I mean even if it gets one and it turns out to be a subpar Pokemons Ill still be happy with it haha.

Zachmac

I hope for a gimmick Pokemon that gains Technician and learn all the types of priority moves lol. Far from necessary from it would be fun to try out IMO.
I'm thinking of a water/fighting type. At least from the typing alone, the ability technician and the moves Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Aqua Jet, and Ice Shard would all make sense.

I really like this idea. If we're really lucky, it may even be dream world Froakie.
I agree, although we don't need tons of spinners. A meta game with hazards in isn't a bad thing and it's good that theres another tactic you can build your team around, we just need another decent spinner or two. That's all.
This would really help and hurt stall. For one, it'll give you more options then Donphan and Tentacruel, but it would also mean you'd have to prepare for more spinners then you had to before. If these guys are viable, it'd also mean you'd be facing spinners more commonly then before.

Two more sounds like a good number to me.

Soperman

The One and Only
Hmm i hope they remove the moves Minimize and Double team tbh.
Extremely gimmicky in stuff lick Battle subway. I just almost lost my lvl 100 gyarados to Lt.Surge's Raichu cause i had to switch my meganium, thanks to doubleteams = retarded balance.
I also got nuked by Dusknoir in the subway which spammed Double team, then used toxic and protect spam.
I realy realy hope GF removes those moves, or make them only usable like 2/3 times, or lower the amount of evasiveness gained.

I fear that item's can't be transferred from 5th gen to 6th gen AGAIN and some Pokemon i trained become obsolete because of better new egg moves and such.
They're not about to take out a move altogether. I don't think they've ever done that.
Two more sounds like a good number to me.
More for the lower tiers, it's really annoying there without usable spinners. Wartortle is the only MC spinner, and besides that only Pineco in NU/RU.

Aether13

I really really hope they clean the GTS, they need to make it so you can't ask for extreme cases of hacked pokemon i.e the unbelievable number of people who want level 9 or under Reshiram's or Zekroms.

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
I really really hope they clean the GTS, they need to make it so you can't ask for extreme cases of hacked pokemon i.e the unbelievable number of people who want level 9 or under Reshiram's or Zekroms.

Indeed, those level people asking for lvl 9 legendaries, it's rather annoying.
I also hope they make GTS more specific. It would be nice to be able to see the summary of Pokemon in the GTS.
Now it is more a way to fill the caught Pokemon rate in the pokedex. I think it would be nice to be able to trade for Pokemon which you have not yet seen.
How will i ever get stuff like Celebii now? Lol

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Orrr just give us another special Fighting move, Aura Sphere is kinda exclusive, Meinshao, Lucario, and Togekiss are the only non Legendaries to get it, and at least 2/3 of them have some connection to "Unseen Forces" (Aura and Extreme Happiness)

Something like

"Force Unleash"
Fighting
Special
85BP
100Acc

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
I hope that the weathers become more balanced. Like hail gets some more weapons to be viable and be even with the other weather types.

Soperman

The One and Only
Indeed, those level people asking for lvl 9 legendaries, it's rather annoying.
I also hope they make GTS more specific. It would be nice to be able to see the summary of Pokemon in the GTS.
Now it is more a way to fill the caught Pokemon rate in the pokedex. I think it would be nice to be able to trade for Pokemon which you have not yet seen.
How will i ever get stuff like Celebii now? Lol
Actually tho, that's basically the one thing they haven't bothered to check regarding WiFi in pokemon. I mean, rage-quitting and stuff the dealt with, but not this, which has been going on since DP? So annoying.
I want that freaking Latias for once T_T
i really hope it's not as shitty as bw
Hey, I like BW
But I do admit, the other games were somewhat better...

I really hope the don't go overboard with the story, like they very nearly did for BW2. I mean, during the eighth badge, your rival literally said "Beat the guy and let's go, I'm bored". Seriously, I get that story is important and all, but what about the gyms?

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I kinda liked the storyline in BW since there were a lot more twists and turns than usual, which makes a change from the standard "go become champion". I still think that that should be the main focus, but it's nice to have something keeping you guessing.