• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
Actually tho, that's basically the one thing they haven't bothered to check regarding WiFi in pokemon. I mean, rage-quitting and stuff the dealt with, but not this, which has been going on since DP? So annoying.
I want that freaking Latias for once T_T

In what way did they fix rage quitting? I still face a lot of peeps in random matchup who tend to quit just before the win/loss is calculated. This happens against people with lots of wins most of the time.

Zachmac

In what way did they fix rage quitting? I still face a lot of peeps in random matchup who tend to quit just before the win/loss is calculated. This happens against people with lots of wins most of the time.
Well, it's mostly fixed in tournaments.

Maybe they'll implement something that lowers a rage quiter's score next time.

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
Well, it's mostly fixed in tournaments.

Maybe they'll implement something that lowers a rage quiter's score next time.

That would be nice :)
It may be hard to determine if someone Dc'ed or quit on purpose.
However the amount of games lost does not show to other people. So they might as well give the win to the player who does not disconnect/shut down the system. Don't know if they would do this though.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Didn't they do that with Shock Cannon in the 3rd Gen or am I just hallucinating.

You mean Zap Cannon?

It lost it's TM status, but it was still there, learnable by Nosepass, Magneton, and the Regi.

Without some moves being TM's anymore we forget about them.

Soperman

The One and Only
In the tourney, I heard that there was a dramatic drop in the number of rage quits during the tourney (which is slightly more important imo)

R2D2

Trainer since 1999!
In the tourney, I heard that there was a dramatic drop in the number of rage quits during the tourney (which is slightly more important imo)

That's true of course. I never participated in any tournament so far. The only one i could join was the tourney of 2 weeks ago. But i only do single battles. (not too fond of doubles/rotations) So i deciced not to play in that one.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Agreed with all the Wi-Fi ness. I'd like a really decent Wi-Fi ranking or battling system/community. Like an online frontier of sorts in which you can compare results with others, stuff like that. Obviously, it'd have to flow well, which basically means punishments for ragequitters.

Bring back flat level 100 battles for wifi 6v6 matches. I don't care what else they do, just give us back our user friendly wifi.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Fears? Whether or not it's compatible with gen 5. I have a VERY strong feeling it won't be...

I want to see the Fire type reigning in the OU environment in the 6th Generation!

I feel like Scizor is going to hold that top stop for a while. And I think Fire types have made there mark in OU. Heatran is #5 on PO. And Ninetales Infernape and Volcarona are not all too far behind. I kinda want to see and Ice type become a huge force in OU. And not because of its ability like Obamasnow. Basically it would be cool to see a decent Ice type that is stronger on the defense side than others. I wonder if there would be a good type combo to make that happen or if there is one at all. I am too lazy to think of one right now XP

Zachmac

I feel like Scizor is going to hold that top stop for a while. And I think Fire types have made there mark in OU. Heatran is #5 on PO. And Ninetales Infernape and Volcarona are not all too far behind. I kinda want to see and Ice type become a huge force in OU. And not because of its ability like Obamasnow. Basically it would be cool to see a decent Ice type that is stronger on the defense side than others. I wonder if there would be a good type combo to make that happen or if there is one at all. I am too lazy to think of one right now XP
Need a defensive type? Just add steel!

Though x4 weaknesses to fighting and fire are both bad for stopping dragons, if it gets good attack and Ice Shard, it can still come in on a dragon attack and Ice Shard. Eh, Ice will never be a good defensive type...it's only hope is for it's offensive abilities to help it, or for the type chart to be adjusted in it's favor. And neutrality to stealth rock is always a plus.

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
This might sound odd and random, but I want at least one more user of Attack Order, who can be viable at least up to RU or UU. I personally love the move, and would love it if I could have access to it on something other than Vespiquen.

Draqunity

I have about one fear; that simulators will be imageless due to 3D. I can't stand fighting nothing.

My hopes? Weather gets nerfed, D/P OU pokemon become useful again, like Flygon.

Zerogamer

i hope they put this in to effect for people that rage quit or wifi disconnects for any reason at all lost points as this in courage those to pick and choose there fights.
from my point of view you dont need to know for rage quit just let both players take a lose in points then you see as more people are will to finish the fight and it keeps those that get over the one hour banned by disconnecting by not turning there ds off but moving away from their wifi signal

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
My hope's are for the Pokemons that are in the lower tiers to become OU & my fear is Scizor dropping out of OU due to too many fire types...

BenL

Veteran
I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.

Hopes:

1- Bring back no-preview of teams and when your pokémons automatically turn level 100 when battling online
2- Lots of new usable pokémons that look cool and make some of the ancient pokémons useful in competitive battling
3- Evolutions for some of the older mons like Arbok, Golduck, Pinsir, Banette even Farfetch'd
4- Starters final evos will be awesome

Fears:

1- Tons of crappy looking pokés with awful stats
2- Another Fire/Fighting starter
3- Bad story
4- The 3D will make long cinematics when searching for a pokémon in the grass or at the start of a battle

The Master Chief

Hopes: the starters can be used competitively, they give us more type combinations (not only starters) your character is customizable

Fears: that this will bring pokemon downhill if its no good. ;^;