• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Announced! Hopes? Fears?

Zachmac

I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.
Nah, the idea is perfectly good. The 3DS is capable of more then just being a "3D DS", you know. Even if it wasn't in 3D, the DS won't be able to handle it. And if you're friends don't want the 3D, they can either...
1. Turn the 3D off. Yes, you can do that, or...
2. Don't play any future handheld games. Ever. This thing is replacing the DS, just as the DS replaced the GBA.

Orithan

Nah, the idea is perfectly good. The 3DS is capable of more then just being a "3D DS", you know. Even if it wasn't in 3D, the DS won't be able to handle it. And if you're friends don't want the 3D, they can either...
1. Turn the 3D off. Yes, you can do that, or...
2. Don't play any future handheld games. Ever. This thing is replacing the DS, just as the DS replaced the GBA.

Agreed. No big company, especially something as big as Gamefreak, in their right mind would want to produce games for a outdated/dying console or handheld when the new handheld/console can do just that and more. Just like nobody in their right mind would Bullet Punch a Ferrothorn (unless they are certain that it is actually a Zoroark).

Trace★

Banned
I just hope this new generation won't kill stall, it seems like it gets worse for the defense teams every year xD

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I have a feeling that even though stall covers Terrakion, a Steel/Ghost with Levitate would be the perfect Terrakion stopper. It'd go well with Heatran too, as most things are resisted by both other than electric and water...

Osada

Pokemon lover
I have 3 hopes:
1. they can determine who's doing RQ and declare the opponent the winner,,
2. is they can banned pirate (such as R4 or such thing)game to compete in a battle against other player,,
3. keep awesome surprise,,

that's all,,

BladedScizor

Hoping they come up with more ways to get rid of entry hazards.

Other than that, I think a good idea would be to introduce more entry hazards like Stealth Rock, only of different types, like Grass, Fire, and Psychic, so that Pokemon just weak to Rocks don't keep getting singled out as 'crap'. I figure there possibly should be the caveat that only one Stealth Rock-esque entry hazard can be up at a time, but then again, I suppose there are drawbacks and advantages either way; having more than one such entry hazard could spell near-instant, overly cheap doom for Pokes with just the wrong type combinations, though if more ways to remove entry hazards do come up, it would be easier to make an opponent waste his time setting up when there are more entry hazards available to throw around.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Hoping they come up with more ways to get rid of entry hazards.

Other than that, I think a good idea would be to introduce more entry hazards like Stealth Rock, only of different types, like Grass, Fire, and Psychic, so that Pokemon just weak to Rocks don't keep getting singled out as 'crap'. I figure there possibly should be the caveat that only one Stealth Rock-esque entry hazard can be up at a time, but then again, I suppose there are drawbacks and advantages either way; having more than one such entry hazard could spell near-instant, overly cheap doom for Pokes with just the wrong type combinations, though if more ways to remove entry hazards do come up, it would be easier to make an opponent waste his time setting up when there are more entry hazards available to throw around.

Add competitive options on the wifi base. (not the PO variant)

That means, if you are the one calling for a challenger, you can make customized rules that ranges from:

a. Banning certain pokemon you don't want to face anytime [hate facing the same Terrakion, Latios, Heatran, Celebi, Jirachi, and Landorus you fight 50 times? Disable them! Then your opponent will surely have none of those pokemon you encountered repeatedly]

b. Restricting certain items and the amount of items heldable [want to reduce the amount of choice items users or leftovers users? you decide on how many.]

I know they had to make a game on the 3ds one day or another but seriously, that's a bad idea. All the people I know hate 3D, its less and less popular every day. I'll buy the game anyway, but I still think they should have made it like the others and kept 3D pokémon battle for the wii.

I know where you're coming from.. I thought the 3DS was going to be a gimmicky system, like the Wii.

But it's actually not! My sister bought one, and it's pretty much just a more powerful DS.

The 3D part is just a bonus, you don't have to use it, and you don't need it.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
downside of the 3DS is that there not that much made...

Anyways, my hopes for gen VI are:
A Memento-like move that reduces Defences instead.
A wifi club option that enforces Sleep/Freeze clause on request.
And please, keep Eeveelutions single typed.

And a Tinted Lens Dragon... That'd be damn awesome! (inb4 double Steel types)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Add competitive options on the wifi base. (not the PO variant)

That means, if you are the one calling for a challenger, you can make customized rules that ranges from:

a. Banning certain pokemon you don't want to face anytime [hate facing the same Terrakion, Latios, Heatran, Celebi, Jirachi, and Landorus you fight 50 times? Disable them! Then your opponent will surely have none of those pokemon you encountered repeatedly]

b. Restricting certain items and the amount of items heldable [want to reduce the amount of choice items users or leftovers users? you decide on how many.]

Except if you 'ban' certain Pokemon that most competitive players use, or restricting certain items, you'll just be left with a few people which you'll probably fight times over times if same, you're on at the time when most people are playing. Not very viable, IMO. But okay...

Also, I'd like some changes to really crap moves. Defog should just be a Tauntable, yet unblockable Rapid Spin. It makes it partially better and partially worse than Rapid Spin.

^ this statement. Defog should be like that. It would be like Whirlwind/Dragon Tail or Roar/Circle Throw.

King91

I'm all fired up!
My main hope is for the RQ'ers to get the losses they deserve and the other person gets the win they deserve, to give some purpose to playing on wifi. On a side note I'd like to see some good fire types, I feel like Volcarona's the only one I've liked and found viable (Do not use legendaries so Heatran doesn't count for me.) for too long.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
My hopes for 6th gen? I personally want it not to be dominated by weather teams. It gets quite dull after a bit if you ask me. I would like to see Regigigas maybe get his turns for slow start halved to 3 so it make make it fair. Eliminate stealth rock in some way lol. My fears? Oh god.... More generic move sets.

Mr.Bento

Pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Well I'm still in the middle of training my new team that I have anticipated for a while :c so not a big fan of X and Y in the competitive sense as there may be new threats, but I suppose it's worth it for the awesome new gameplay >.<

fitzy909

Just another guy
i want the competitive battling scene to be less focused around weather. it gets tedious always worrying about weather. i also want to see new stand alone pokemon, as well as pokemon getting much needed evolutions. (i'm looking at you farfetch'd)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I think it would be pretty cool if there were new weathers that were unique and if a few pokemon got cloud nine like abilities only they got rid of the weather.

Spidy

a get rid of weather ability would be cool

but also some more pokemon to summon weather

Sycavar

This generation I figured out that not only we see new pokemon in each gen but we get to see new potential for prior gen pokemon, few examples, Breloom, Cloyster, I want to see Sawsbuck turned into a successful paraflincher with it's hidden ability is Serene Grace but only has one move to abuse it with (snore).

Hayate Ayasaki

Hopes:
Garchomp gets dragon dance and fire punch, Salamence gets Brave Bird, they bring back the half defense mechanic for explosion xD On a more serious note I'd like it if the dragon of the next generation would be fire/dragon and purely special based with at least 100 base speed if not 101 would be fun to troll with they change the mechanics of curse so that the pokemon is still cursed after switching out, an ability that punishes priority users the same way magic bounce punishes hazard setters. something to give hail teams a boost, a fire/grass type

Fears: More over 135 base stat pokemon like haxorus and chandelure, more broken abilities, a new typing, the dragon will be as underwhelming as hydreigon, More steel types, More weather abusers, more ice sharders and worst possible outcome a new hazard i.e. flame spikes burn the user upon switching lol