• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Generation Rate My Team

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
EVs are arranged in the following order: HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed

Absol:
Justified
Jolly
4/252/0/0/0/252
- Absolite
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Dark>Psychic/Ghost
Dark<Fighting/Fairy/Dark

Fairy>Fighting/Dragon/Dark
Fairy<Steel/Poison/Fire

Neutral Damage to Fighting/Fairy/Bug (Needs Teammate with Type Advantage)

Psycho Cut:
Advantageous to Fighting
Neutral to Fairy
20 Less Power
100% Accuracy

Aerial Ace:
Advantageous to Fighting/Bug
Neutral to Fairy
30 Less Power
Can't Miss

Assuming No Stat Changes:
Absol can live with Psychic, Ghost, and Dark.
Absol will be screwed by Fighting, Fairy, and Bug.
Everything else is neutral.

Anything which tries to set up entry hazards or status conditions is screwed.

Blissey:
Natural Cure
Bold
- Leftovers
252/0/252/0/4/0
Softboiled
Protect
Aromatherapy
Toxic

Everything aside from fully set up sweepers, Fighting-type sweepers, Steel-types, Poison-types, and Pokémon with Immunity is most likely boned.

Togekiss:
Serene Grace
Modest
240/0/0/216/0/52
- Leftovers/Life Orb
Dazzling Gleam
Air Slash
Roost
Flamethrower

None as of yet.

Options for Consideration:

Alakazam (Special Sweeper)
Gengar (Special Sweeper)
Gardevoir (Special Tank)
Gallade (Physical Tank + Priority)
Starmie (Special Sweeper + Spin)
Aegislash (Awesome Stat-Switching Gimmick + Sand)
Lucario (Type-Coverage Sweeper + Priority + Sand)
Vaporeon (Wish)
Sylveon (Wish)
Goodra (Versatile Tank + Phaser)

Also, I've recognized that my Absol's survival is instrumental to the team (it screws over people who think they can get away with status damage or entry hazards, and is a straight-up kickass sweeper if I just predict the opponent's move correctly, which is a big if; it should be used sparingly, mainly as a late-game sweeper, and I think I might make a Naive one with special attacks).

Last edited:

chap196

For Togekiss
I would replace Flamethrower with Thunder Wave as it makes Togekiss be able to outspeed your opponent easier (70 base Speed is quite low even with Choice Scarf) and can also annoy your opponent with Serene Grace Air Slash. Also Flamethrower didn't cover much at all. I would use Leftover or King's Rock instead of Choice Scarf, so it can switch move and can either heal itself or increase the chance to flinch your opponent Pokemon. Also I would put 252 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 4 Def or Sp. Def as Togekiss's EV.

Hope this help

Truly Deceptive

Well, if it's not using Choice Scarf, it might as well have Roost, too. Also, deciding between Flamethrower and Aura Sphere determines several important fields of coverage. Aura Sphere would be useful against multiple Dark-types, Rock-types, and a few Normal-types (not so much Steel; Aegislash is immune and Skarmory, Metagross, and Jirachi resist it well, as do Ferrothorn and Forretress), whereas Flamethrower would help take out those obnoxious Steel-types which are hard to reach (on top of Bug-types, which might threaten Absol, and I'm starting to wonder why I questioned this in the first place while Aura Sphere's Power has also dropped by 10, whereas Flamethrower really isn't that much weaker now, and it's not like Scarf Modest Aura Sphere is going to be able to OHKO Mega Tyranitar or anything like that, and, furthermore, Normal-types aren't really prevalent in the game anyways, and Fairy-types also have Dark-types handled).

...you know what? I'm just going to get rid of Aura Sphere and Scarf.

Anyways, thanks for your advice, but I've just realized that Aura Sphere really isn't worth it.

chap196

Well, if it's not using Choice Scarf, it might as well have Roost, too. Also, deciding between Flamethrower and Aura Sphere determines several important fields of coverage. Aura Sphere would be useful against multiple Dark-types, Rock-types, and a few Normal-types (not so much Steel; Aegislash is immune and Skarmory, Metagross, and Jirachi resist it well, as do Ferrothorn and Forretress), whereas Flamethrower would help take out those obnoxious Steel-types which are hard to reach (on top of Bug-types, which might threaten Absol, and I'm starting to wonder why I questioned this in the first place while Aura Sphere's Power has also dropped by 10, whereas Flamethrower really isn't that much weaker now, and it's not like Scarf Modest Aura Sphere is going to be able to OHKO Mega Tyranitar or anything like that, and, furthermore, Normal-types aren't really prevalent in the game anyways, and Fairy-types also have Dark-types handled).

...you know what? I'm just going to get rid of Aura Sphere and Scarf.

Anyways, thanks for your advice, but I've just realized that Aura Sphere really isn't worth it.

Aura Sphere is actually more useful than flamethrower IMO. Flamethrower covers only Bug that Aura Sphere won't. You don't want to sent Togekiss to fight with Ferrathorn anyway. I have seen many Togekiss using Aura Sphere and barely see any using Flamethrower because Aura Sphere usually covers type that Air Slash don't.

Truly Deceptive

...I just explained: Bug-types could be a threat to Absol, and Aura Sphere's remarkably weaker than it was before. Furthermore, aside from what Fire already gets (Ice and Steel), Fighting-types only cover Dark-types (which Dazzling Gleam should already take care of), Normal-types (which aren't really that common, actually, not as useful as they used to be), and Rock-types, which it probably wouldn't have been able to do much against even if it did have Aura Sphere. I also concluded Aura Sphere as not really being worthwhile due to the fact that it lost 10 Base Power, whereas Flamethrower only lost 5, and is now more blatantly stronger for it, as well as how the old threats which already resisted Aura Sphere noticeably are still as tough as ever while Aura Sphere's not getting any better. Perhaps I could have gone for Psychic, seeing how that also has 90 Base Power, but then I'd be giving up coverage on a plethora of Steel-types (including Aegislash, which would bone Togekiss in about 24 different ways if it didn't have Flamethrower, which I'm now considering replacing with a stronger Fire-type move; Aura Sphere is useless against Aegislash, and not so good against Scizor, Metagross, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Lucario, the increasingly popular Mega Aggron, and, perhaps later on, Jirachi). All its disadvantages relative to Flamethrower (which also covers Bug-types for Absol) make it dispensable to me.

Anyways, the reason for the new EV arrangement: it just barely outspeeds Rotom-W without Speed investment (I researched that Rotom-W is going to be a noteworthy counter to Togekiss on another site whose name shall not be mentioned owing to the heinous crime it has committed of outlawing Garchomp in Gen IV), and the damage it would take from entry hazards would be rounded down even further from if its HP was any higher (Stealth Rock would do 92 HP of damage instead of 93), on top of the fact that Leftovers would still heal it for 23 HP and it's just one digit greater than a multiple of 10 in the event that I opt to use Life Orb, and the Special Attack investment is just enough to get the final additional point given by its beneficial Modest Nature.

...how verily convenient.

Last edited:

chap196

...I just explained: Bug-types could be a threat to Absol, and Aura Sphere's remarkably weaker than it was before. Furthermore, aside from what Fire already gets (Ice and Steel), Fighting-types only cover Dark-types (which Dazzling Gleam should already take care of), Normal-types (which aren't really that common, actually, not as useful as they used to be), and Rock-types, which it probably wouldn't have been able to do much against even if it did have Aura Sphere. I also concluded Aura Sphere as not really being worthwhile due to the fact that it lost 10 Base Power, whereas Flamethrower only lost 5, and is now more blatantly stronger for it, as well as how the old threats which already resisted Aura Sphere noticeably are still as tough as ever while Aura Sphere's not getting any better. Perhaps I could have gone for Psychic, seeing how that also has 90 Base Power, but then I'd be giving up coverage on a plethora of Steel-types (including Aegislash, which would bone Togekiss in about 24 different ways if it didn't have Flamethrower, which I'm now considering replacing with a stronger Fire-type move; Aura Sphere is useless against Aegislash, and not so good against Scizor, Metagross, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Lucario, the increasingly popular Mega Aggron, and, perhaps later on, Jirachi). All its disadvantages relative to Flamethrower (which also covers Bug-types for Absol) make it dispensable to me.

Anyways, the reason for the new EV arrangement: it just barely outspeeds Rotom-W without Speed investment (I researched that Rotom-W is going to be a noteworthy counter to Togekiss on another site whose name shall not be mentioned owing to the heinous crime it has committed of outlawing Garchomp in Gen IV), and the damage it would take from entry hazards would be rounded down even further from if its HP was any higher (Stealth Rock would do 92 HP of damage instead of 93), on top of the fact that Leftovers would still heal it for 23 HP and it's just one digit greater than a multiple of 10 in the event that I opt to use Life Orb, and the Special Attack investment is just enough to get the final additional point given by its beneficial Modest Nature.

...how verily convenient.

Well it is YOUR team, so it is your choice. I am just Suggesting, but if you use Flamthrower, any Rock + Steel Type Pokemon will give you trouble. Also I don't see Mega Aggron as a popular Mega Evolution, I see normal Aggron more often. But again it is your choice.