• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6th Member

Tony

Edit to get the main question through on 1st post :

I guess what I'm really asking here summed up is

1.Should I can Luxray or not?

2.Can anyone shed some light on Gachomp for me? So far he sucks really bad and the only signs of him even being decent is at lvl 55 when he gets Dragon rush

3.For a dark type team member whats best, out of the obtainable pokemon pre pal park? Weavile, or Honchkrow? or.. is there even a 3rd option? I don't see one lol

Last edited:

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
A good time would be after getting to the Pokemon League, but not fighting them so you'll have time to train your 6th Pokemon.

Tony

I think its kinda ridiculous.. they need to let pokemon have 4 moves as well as HMs and just not make the HMs be usuable in battle its insane that I have to drag a bibarel and/or a japanese prinplup with me instead of a valuable 6th member ><

Tony

while we are on the subject lol

I have Infernape, empoleon, torterra , staraptor , luxray as my team

what type should I go for 6th ... Im thinking dragon

or tyranitas if I Can manage to get one before the E4 >_>

ChariMence

Heh, I hate that too. But right now I only got a team of 4 (Kadabra, Prinplup, Luxio, Staravia). My other 2 are the stupid egg that won't hatch that I got from some guy before Route 209 and a Geodude/that grass Pokemon =P

I think I already know my other 2 Pokemon, but haven't caught em yet.

And get an Alakazam as your 6th. =D

[EDIT]: Yay, I'm a boulder trainer now! =D

Last edited:

Tony

Heh, I hate that too. But right now I only got a team of 4 (Kadabra, Prinplup, Luxio, Staravia). My other 2 are the stupid egg that won't hatch that I got from some guy before Route 209 and a Geodude/that grass Pokemon =P

I think I already know my other 2 Pokemon, but haven't caught em yet.

And get an Alakazam as your 6th. =D

[EDIT]: Yay, I'm a boulder trainer now! =D

I'm really thinking for the 6th either
(and this is obviously for pre E4 pre pal park)
Drifblim
Gachomp
Heracross
Gengar

or
Tyranitar(If possible lol)

idk

anyone got really good suggestions for non pal park pre E4 6th member?

ChariMence

Alakazam/Kadabra. He is a very good Pokemon. If you want we could even trade to evolve yours AND mine! =D Yeah, Alakazam is awesome! ^.^

[EDIT]: I beat half the E4 with him on my LeafGreen =) and he was still Kadabra

Last edited:

TogeticTheRuler

Try shellos:Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Defog? The 4th Im not sure if it can learn, and meant the evolution of shellos

Nanop33

Shiny Dialga 4Ever!
Try Floatzel with:
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam
Return or Frustration

I'm not really good at suggesting Pokemon with good moves but you can try this Floatzel with this moveset

Tony

I been thinking and Im gonna go with spiritomb as a 6th member

no weaknesses 3 immunities @_@

Tony

NVM.... LOL I just found out HOW to get stupid spirtomb and I CANT lol

so .... forget that idea

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

Umbreon master
I used the stupid Beaver until I got to the E4, as did most Im sure. It was annoying, it's a part of every game though. I agree they should have somekind of HM sub-moveset or something.

You may want to go with something with a FIRE attack, or a FIRE type in general. ((I dont have the names down yet, so be patient with me >.< )) There is this LV. 63 BELL Pokemon in the E4 that took me 35 minutes to KO (I had to keep using Potions until it ran out of Attack Moves and keep using Calm Mind) because I didnt have anything to harm it effectively, and it has Earthquake. So, if Infernape is weak by then or anything, it could get KOed, and nothing in your team would be good against it. It was the only PKMN in the E4 that gave me problems.

Last edited:

Tony

Ok well bump

I haven't really had any good ideas

and I kinda need a 5th and 6th cause I don't think Luxray is cutting it like the others

I've thought up
Gengar
Weavile(right now its weak but looks like TMs can fix that)
Wormadam
Lucario (But do I need fighting when I have an infernape?)
Honchkrow
Garchomp (can anyone defend this pokemon? so far I think he sucks)
Alakazham(sigh.. I'd rather not raise him like a 10th time...)

I heard you REALLY need a dark on the team for the E4 or it'll be alot tougher hence Weavile and Honchkrow, Gengar (seeing as he can use dark moves and is a ghost its almost the same thing)

So I guess what I'm really asking here summed up is

1.Should I can Luxray or not?

2.Can anyone shed some light on Gachomp for me? So far he sucks really bad and the only signs of him even being decent is at lvl 55 when he gets Dragon rush

3.For a dark type team member whats best, out of the obtainable pokemon pre pal park? Weavile, or Honchkrow? or.. is there even a 3rd option? I don't see one lol

help please :D

Tony

any not ledgendary ideas?

I just want to know... does gachomp always suck forever

whats the best dark pokemon I can get my hands on

Skuntank kicks major butts.
Or Drapion if you're crazy. And want it generally known.
Weavile is fast and decent, but all too normal.
As to Luxray, KEEP IT.
It comes in handy.
And if it has Crunch, you don't really need a Dark Pokemon. Seriously.
What could you possibly need a Dark-type for, anyway?
Oh, and what is your team and where are you at gamewise?

Tony

Skuntank kicks major butts.
Or Drapion if you're crazy. And want it generally known.
Weavile is fast and decent, but all too normal.
As to Luxray, KEEP IT.
It comes in handy.
And if it has Crunch, you don't really need a Dark Pokemon. Seriously.
What could you possibly need a Dark-type for, anyway?
Oh, and what is your team and where are you at gamewise?

at the moment

53 Infernape
52 Empoleon
50 Torterra
50 Staraptor
45 Luxray
36 Gabite (sucks *** now but jost got lectured on how late evolvers turn good later? lol)

thats my current team , and a lvl 32 sneasel is kinda sitting around in case >_>;

*infamous94*

<Don't mess with him
53 Infernape
52 Empoleon
50 Torterra
50 Staraptor
45 Luxray
36 Gabite (sucks *** now but jost got lectured on how late evolvers turn good later? lol)

thats my current team , and a lvl 32 sneasel is kinda sitting around in case >_>;

Ok, time for me to step in. You may want to train your pokemon more, because Aaron (E4 #1)'s weakest pokemon is level 53 >.>. You also should have kept your Gabite a Gible, because it learns all the same moves as Garchomp/Gabite except for at earlier levels, at least until level 37 because that's what level Gible learns Dragon Rush, then evolve it at level 38. But, since you already evolved it, just keep it a Gabite until level 49, or in other words evolve it into Garchomp at level 50. So, your team just needs to be trained to level 60+, and your good.