• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

6v6 Battle Team (Mega Herracross Team)

chap196

So this time I am thinking about building a 6v6 team rather than a 3v3 team. So here's the team:

Galvantula
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sticky Web

This Galvantula can setup sticky web and also Attack a little bit. Its move can also easily 2HKO magic Bouncer like Espeon, Mega Absol and Xatu. Thunder is Galvantula's strongest STAB and thanks to Compouneyes, it will nearly always hit.

Smeargle
Item: Liechi Berry/ White Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 HP/ 4 Def
Moveset
Spore
Shift Gear/ Shell Smash
Substitute
Baton Pass

I would only send out Smeargle on things that I can outspeed, thanks to sticky web, it can outspeed a lot more Pokemon (even Greninja is outspeed by Smeargle after sticky web setup). I will use Liechi Berry if I use Shift Gear or White Herb if I use Shell Smash It can easily get +2 Attack and +2 Speed and pass it to:

Herracross
Item: Herracrossnite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Moxie to Skill Link
EVs: 252 Attack/ 124 HP/ 132 Speed
Moveset:
Close Combat
Bullet Seed
Pin Missile
Rock Blast

This is my Mega Evolution. Close Combat and Pin Missile are for STAB while Bullet Seed and Rock Blast are for coverages. Its EVs allows it to outspeed Mega Aerodactyl after a Shift Gear boost. Although its counter are: Talonflame (it only becomes a counter if I don't have Substitute on Herracross), Aegislash since it resist all of Herracross attack, there might be more.

Rotom-W
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 76 Def/ 180 Sp Def
Moveset
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Rest

This is my wall and counter to Talonflame, it can switch in on Talonflame's Brave Bird and OHKO it with Hydro Pump. Will-O-Wisp can ruin other Physical Attacker while Rest allows it to heal itself and cure itself from status condition.

Talonflame
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Steel Wing

This Pokemon can counter Aegislash if it switches on a King's Shield. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are obviously STAB while U-Turn allows it to switch out. Steel Wing allows it to deal decent damage to Rock Type Pokemon.

Chandelure
Item: Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf/ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic/ Hidden Power Ice

Choice Specs Chandelure can OHKO a Sableye with 252 HP/ 252 Sp Def with Calm Nature by using Fire Blast while Talonflame even dies from a Fire Blast if it gets Flash Fire boost. Shadow Ball is for STAB and the other move are for coverages, I am thinking about replacing Psychic with Hidden Power Fighting to kill Tyranitar. Life Orb can also be used for flexibility or Choice Scarf to kill things like Gengar and other Flying and Levitates Pokemon.

Any suggestion and helps are appreciated.

Last edited:

coolerdynastic

I would go for Choice Scarf for Chandelure since he can outspeed more pokemon. Base 80 speed isnt something to be proud of

chap196

I would go for Choice Scarf for Chandelure since he can outspeed more pokemon. Base 80 speed isnt something to be proud of

The only reason I run Choice Specs is because Sticky Web from Galvantula will make it be able to outspeed Pokemon a lot easier, even Greninja is outspeed by Chandelure after it gets hit by Sticky Web. But I might still consider Choice Scarf incase it went against Flying and Levitate Pokemon.

coolerdynastic

Good point about Sticky Web, I almost forgot about its existance.Whatever it is you should also be prepared because some teams arent dumb enough to let the Sticky Web/other hazards to stay there in the entire game
In fact I might suggest Life Orb so that you can gain flexibility in your attacks. Chandelure learns a wide movepool of attacks and makes great use. The only thing you have to worry is the recoil damage he has to watch out for

Last edited:

chap196

Good point about Sticky Web, I almost forgot about its existance.Whatever it is you should also be prepared because some teams arent dumb enough to let the Sticky Web/other hazards to stay there in the entire game
In fact I might suggest Life Orb so that you can gain flexibility in your attacks. Chandelure learns a wide movepool of attacks and makes great use. The only thing you have to worry is the recoil damage he has to watch out for

Yeah, I guess I should try to use Life Orb instead then. I will need to test this team a bit more, thanks for the suggestion.

Ace Trainer Riana

I think you should have something to set up Stealth Rocks. Talonflame is your enemy, so you need an advantage over it. Rotom is a start, but you could use way to stop it so you can have a contingency plan in case it's knocked out.

coolerdynastic

You know I would recommend you to use Shell Smash instead of Shift Gear since Shell Smash doubles Sp.Attack and such you can baton pass the boost to a special attacker such as Chandelure. +2 Speed and +2 Special attack is not something everyone would like to see.
Yes the downfall would be the drop in defenses but I believe there is such item called White Herb
How often would Liechi Berry get activated compared to White Herb?Liechi only activates when Smeargle has very low HP left but considering his stats, i think any hit is enough to bring him down.

chap196

You know I would recommend you to use Shell Smash instead of Shift Gear since Shell Smash doubles Sp.Attack and such you can baton pass the boost to a special attacker such as Chandelure. +2 Speed and +2 Special attack is not something everyone would like to see.
Yes the downfall would be the drop in defenses but I believe there is such item called White Herb
How often would Liechi Berry get activated compared to White Herb?Liechi only activates when Smeargle has very low HP left but considering his stats, i think any hit is enough to bring him down.

Oh yeah, I should use Shell Smash with White Herb instead of Shift Gear with Liechi Berry, I will try Shell Smash out and see how good is it. As for Ace Trainer Riana, it would be nice if I have a Stealth Rock set up, but I don't have space for it, I don't know what Pokemon to take out too. Thanks for the suggestion everybody.

Nulava

Banned
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Spore / Dark Void
~Stealth Rock
~Sticky Web
~Magic Coat

Smeargle's main objective is setting up hazards.
Thats about it.

Hope this helps. :)

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
This chandelure seems to be working pretty nicely for me

Modest
252 Sp.atk, Speed, 4 Sp.def unless it needs the 4 in hp to make it uneven
Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, HP Ice
Focus Sash

coolerdynastic

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Spore / Dark Void
~Stealth Rock
~Sticky Web
~Magic Coat

Smeargle's main objective is setting up hazards.
Thats about it.

Hope this helps. :)

He is trying to be unpredictable as many Smeargles set up hazards whereas he attempted to boost and pass the stats to others
Edit: Why use Magic Coat for Smeargle?

Last edited:

chap196

Thanks for the suggestion everybody. For Nulava, as Coolerdynastic stated, I try to make an unexpected Smeargle that setup shell Smash and baton pass the boost. For Smealglerocks, I would not use Focus Sash as I think Chandelure is bulky enough and I want to use Life Orb or Choice Specs to make its Attack even stronger. I would try HP Ice out though as Psychic didn't cover much. Thanks for all the suggestion.

Nulava

Banned
Thanks for the suggestion everybody. For Nulava, as Coolerdynastic stated, I try to make an unexpected Smeargle that setup shell Smash and baton pass the boost.

You'll be lucky to pull that off considering how fragile Smeargle is, especially without Focus Sash.

By all means its up to you. I just hope that it works out for you. :)

chap196

You'll be lucky to pull that off considering how fragile Smeargle is, especially without Focus Sash.

By all means its up to you. I just hope that it works out for you. :)

Yeah I know, its quite hard to be able to use this smeargle, but Sticky Web allows it to even outspeed things like Timid Greninja. I usually use Substitute on a predicted switch and get a free Shell Smash. But if I use this Smeargle in 3v3 battle, I would definitely use Focus Sash.