• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7 deadly sins

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I have decided to make a team based on the 7 deadly sins. How I'm going to do it is simple really. Start a new game, name my character Pride then after I beat the league complete the team. I need suggestions on how to make the team useful AND resemble the nicknames.

Smeargle (Envy)
own tempo modest

blast burn
frenzy plant
hydro pump
transform
---------------------------------
Marowak (Wrath)
rockhead adament

double-edge
earthquake or bonemerang
aerial ace
brick break
-----------------------------------
Swalot (Gluttony)
sticky hold modest

sludge bomb
water pulse
shockwave
gastro acid
Lopunny (Lust)
cute charm docile

bounce
grass knot
skyuppercut
attract
Slowbro (Sloth)
oblivious adament

zen headbutt
iron tail
brickbreak or secret power
avalance
----------------------------------
Breloom (Greed)
effect spore serious

drain punch
giga drain
stone edge
toxic

Metallica

i think your team is pretty good but on smeargle change the a few of the moves because of its weak stats. i would change one of the elemental beams with a move like flare blitz or wood hammer. Then change another to double team to help it not get damaged so much.keep one of the elemental beams and transform. thats how Smeargle could represent "Envy" a little better with
out fainting easily.on the other hand your team is good.Thats what I say.

wagnerelli

Candygram!
I have decided to make a team based on the 7 deadly sins. How I'm going to do it is simple really. Start a new game, name my character Pride then after I beat the league complete the team. I need suggestions on how to make the team useful AND resemble the nicknames.

Smeargle (Envy)
own tempo modest

blast burn
frenzy plant
hydro pump
transform
Marowak (Wrath)
rockhead adament

double-edge
earthquake or bonemerang
aerial ace
brick break
-----------------------------------
Swalot (Gluttony)
sticky hold modest

sludge bomb
water pulse
shockwave
gastro acid
Lopunny (Lust)
cute charm docile

bounce
grass knot
skyuppercut
attract
Slowbro (Sloth)
oblivious adament

zen headbutt
iron tail
brickbreak or secret power
avalance
----------------------------------
Breloom (Greed)
effect spore serious

drain punch
giga drain
stone edge
toxic

Smeargle: Keep Attacks on minimum. Smeargle's stats suck all around and his attack and special attack especially suck. Hyper Beams are terrible in general, Smeargle does not have the defenses to survive the recharge turn. Use things like Spore and Ingrain to Baton Pass.

Marowak: For this role, Rampardos would be very good as well with his thrashing about and what not. For Marowak, make sure you have Swords Dance and a Thick Club. Always go with Earthquake. Double Edge is good but make sure he has Rock Head

Swalot: Don't know much about him, sorry.

Lopunny: LOL at role. Try this:

Lopunny@Black Steel Orb
Ability: Klutz
Adamant Nature
-Trick
-Sky Uppercut
-Charm
-ThunderPunch/Fire Punch/ Ice Punch/ Dizzy Punch

Slowbro: I see you are trying a Physical Sweeper for it, like what I'm doing for my Slowking. Here is my Slowking's moveset it should work the same.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Avalanche

Breloom: That moveset is terrible. Try something a lot more like this:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Poison Heal
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Hope I've been helpful.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Smeargle: Keep Attacks on minimum. Smeargle's stats suck all around and his attack and special attack especially suck. Hyper Beams are terrible in general, Smeargle does not have the defenses to survive the recharge turn. Use things like Spore and Ingrain to Baton Pass.

Marowak: For this role, Rampardos would be very good as well with his thrashing about and what not. For Marowak, make sure you have Swords Dance and a Thick Club. Always go with Earthquake. Double Edge is good but make sure he has Rock Head

Marowak is my idea of wrath, with the mother being killed and all. Rampardos was another one was considering at the beginning though.

Swalot: Don't know much about him, sorry.

Niether do I! :(

Lopunny: LOL at role. Try this:

Lopunny@Black Steel Orb
Ability: Klutz
Adamant Nature
-Trick
-Sky Uppercut
-Charm
-ThunderPunch/Fire Punch/ Ice Punch/ Dizzy Punch

This one could also represent lust, but only if I chose to have attract instead of trick or charm.

Slowbro: I see you are trying a Physical Sweeper for it, like what I'm doing for my Slowking. Here is my Slowking's moveset it should work the same.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Avalanche

I didn't think about curse...

Breloom: That moveset is terrible. Try something a lot more like this:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Poison Heal
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Breloom doesn't seem greedy at all :(. I think with this one I'll stick with mine.

Hope I've been helpful.

Thank ya both! I just hope others rate my ideal 7 deadly sins team *hint hint*

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Slowbro and Breloom look more like this.

Slowbro@lefties
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Protect
- Stone Edge

osiem_zero_jeden

on my tummy
im thinking that your marowak should represent wrath more with moves like counter (not sure if he can learn it...), or rage, thrash, and endeavor, you know, to like keep each other even. even so, i prefer ramparados, for no apparent reason.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
shouldn't smeargle be replaced with a pokemon with covet? That's the most envious move of all.

Draining breloom and attracting lopunny make sense enough, but shouldn't wrath be a pokemon with rage or outrage, gluttony be a pokemon with stockpile and swallow and laziness be a pokemon with rest and slack off?

I guess you serious battlers can only take theming so far.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
hes trying to make brellom with drain attacks i think.... right?

Right. I was having trouble with a pokemon with a truly greedy move set and I was playing "Fullmetal Alchemist: Duel Sympathy" and it said Greed wanted immortality above all else and that is where I got the idea. The whole idea of a team based on the 7 deadly sins however was thought of before I saw a single episode of Fullmetal.

im thinking that your marowak should represent wrath more with moves like counter (not sure if he can learn it...), or rage, thrash, and endeavor, you know, to like keep each other even. even so, i prefer ramparados, for no apparent reason.

My idea of someone being wrathful is someone attacking hard, fast, and nonstop. Plus the whole "cubone wearing its parent's skull" thing helped the idea!

Smeargle can't learn transform by the way. It just can't sketch it.

Can he learn it at all? He could in leafgreen!

shouldn't smeargle be replaced with a pokemon with covet? That's the most envious move of all.

Draining breloom and attracting lopunny make sense enough, but shouldn't wrath be a pokemon with rage or outrage, gluttony be a pokemon with stockpile and swallow and laziness be a pokemon with rest and slack off?

I might have to give smeargle covet after all.

I guess you serious battlers can only take theming so far.

With slowbro, the original definition of sloth is not using your full knowledge. Combine that with the modern definition and you have *drumroll* SLOWBRO!! With the swalot I hate swallow so I chose that ability canceling move... With wrath...all ready explained.

I want a team that repesents the 7 deadly sins but is still a tough team, so if I have to step a few steps away from the idea to make them usefull and able to actually win I will.

More ideas wanted!

fuzzletop07

Jasan le Singe
Smeargle can't learn transform by the way. It just can't sketch it.
Can he learn it at all? He could in leafgreen!
Yes, Smeargle can learn Transform, I happen to have one strangely enough (No it isn't hacked). I was going to make a Smeargle quite similar to yours actually, but since it's stats are low, it has a hard time withstanding even weaker attacks.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Yes, Smeargle can learn Transform, I happen to have one strangely enough (No it isn't hacked). I was going to make a Smeargle quite similar to yours actually, but since it's stats are low, it has a hard time withstanding even weaker attacks.

Before my leafgreen erased itself I had a smeargle with the three elemental hyperbeams and volt tackle, and he never lost a battle and his nature was a serious nature. I miss him. Anyway, he has better stats than ditto (if I recall) and I can turn smeargle into a very envious pokemon.

Still looking for advice!!

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
Try this for Smeargle:
Jolly@Quick Claw
Sheer Cold
Lock-On
Mind Reader
Guilitine
1-Hit KO Smeargle