• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Scovillain

So Meganium knows Body Press, meaning you can't use Hydreigon. Therefore, Scizor it is.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Meganium being able to use Curse freely means that it is not really an easy breezy raid that people think it was. Initially used Skill Swap Contrary Malamar with Night Slash, Throat Chop and Protect to beat it and caught it in a Friend Ball. Thanks to my outbreaks resetting (and refreshing my raids) found a better solution in Ghost Tera Unaware Skeledirge with Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Protect and Slack Off (Modest nature, max EVs in Def and Sp Atk with a Shell Bell).

Torch Song until you can Tera before using Shadow Ball. On the turn your ability is negated use Protect so you are not potentially eating a +6 Zen Headbutt or Seed Bomb. After that use Torch Song three times then use Shadow Ball for the victory (used Torch Song on the turn you break its shield). Seems like they are now adding Herba Mystica to the event raid den drop pool, the Ultra Smoky Sandwich grants Psychic Raid Power Lv 2 for farming.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Meganium being able to use Curse freely means that it is not really an easy breezy raid that people think it was. Initially used Skill Swap Contrary Malamar with Night Slash, Throat Chop and Protect to beat it and caught it in a Friend Ball. Thanks to my outbreaks resetting (and refreshing my raids) found a better solution in Ghost Tera Unaware Skeledirge with Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Protect and Slack Off (Modest nature, max EVs in Def and Sp Atk with a Shell Bell).

Torch Song until you can Tera before using Shadow Ball. On the turn your ability is negated use Protect so you are not potentially eating a +6 Zen Headbutt or Seed Bomb. After that use Torch Song three times then use Shadow Ball for the victory (used Torch Song on the turn you break its shield). Seems like they are now adding Herba Mystica to the event raid den drop pool, the Ultra Smoky Sandwich grants Psychic Raid Power Lv 2 for farming.
I saw this exact Skeledirge build and used it as well. Worked just fine. Got a bit unlucky and almost fainted because Meganium somehow managed to pull off 3 consecutive Zen Headbutts (first one being a crit) leaving me with 14 HP before I managed to Slack Off.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Yeah, I was just about to post about Skeledirge. Skeledirge basically ignores its entire strategy as Unaware means it doesn't care about the stat boosts (aside from the ability wipe turn) and its typing is perfect to exploit its terrible coverage. It's not completely a win button as you do have to go a bit slow to stack up boosts and be mindful of the ability wipe, but if you get past that point you should be able to take the win.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was thinking about Scizor or Ceruledge but the point about Skeledirge's ability is pretty good. Might end up using it instead.

We'll see. I'll probably try with Scizor and Ceruledge first. If they don't work, then Skeledirge that is.

Barrysun

I've got my first win with Scizor!
with moves, Fury cutter, Brick break, Lunge, and swords dance.
I only needed brick break to remove Meganium's reflect and light screen so I can deal respective damage with furry cutter.
one of my helpers brought in Malamar to skill swap it's ability to Contary. (making curse useless)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Scizor didn't work for me on solo so I shifted to Skeledirge.

Since I didn't want to waste resources giving it ghost tera and then fire tera again (in case I needed), I end up giving him Stellar Tera type.

Battle dragged on a lot but I end up managing to do it.

Scovillain

I concluded you can't via solo Scizor or Mew. Mew even +6 attack and Leech Life at tera bug. I seriously think GF did something to nerf using Mew.

So I finally did via Malamar Contrary.

1st was level 75, then level 90, then level 100. And in the middle of the energy shell, when Meganium resets her stats back to normal, it can 2HKO with Body Press. So had to buff up Defense and HP, and then finally able to do it.

Too bad Meganium is female. But I'll just get it to offer to trade some day.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well to share my results of the raid, it's possible to solo 7 star meganium with mew, but it's only the matter of landing a critical hit. upon my solo results with mew, I used swords dance 3 times and then spam leech life with metronome hold item so after that fail, i was close to finishing it.

With a Team, I used uxie and 3 of my friends used different pokemon so I was using uxie for support. My friends were using umbreon, mandibuzz, and shadow or ghost calyrex. there was a particular reason why I used uxie, one of them is reflect is reduce physical damage, the other is using wonder room to swap defenses so body press damage will be reduced, and lastly, using mud-slap to reduce accuracy so we can get the time to attack it while evading the attacks.

If it helps knowing my uxie's build for this raid, I had both phyiscal and special defense EVs maxed out and a little on the HP. move set would be mystical power, mud-slap, reflect, and wonder room. Hold item is light clay and tera type is bug just to reduce damage from both body press and seed bomb.

Copley Hill Gym

I used my original Skeledirge yesterday with the traditional shell bell build and encountered no problems. Mind, we were an online group of FOUR Skeledirges so we basically all spammed torch song and then shadow ball until completion. Meganium was the easiest one thus far.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Only tried it today, and turns out you can solo with @shell bell Skeledirge even if it is Fire tera. So, if you don't want to use up your Shards switching its tera to Ghost, you don't need to (although I don't know what is the point in saving up shards now the game's life span is basically over).
Having an Intimidate AI partner is probably required to ensure you'll survive that single turn Unaware is turned off.

Basically just attack it with whatever until it resets your stats, Tera once you survive the post-nullification round and then spam Torch Song while setting up Sunny Day to max damage. Don't bother with Shadow Ball until the shield is down, since it will be causing less damage than Torch Song while the shield is up due to the damage penalty the shield causes (since your Tera type is not Ghost).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Only tried it today, and turns out you can solo with @shell bell Skeledirge even if it is Fire tera. So, if you don't want to use up your Shards switching its tera to Ghost, you don't need to (although I don't know what is the point in saving up shards now the game's life span is basically over).
Having an Intimidate AI partner is probably required to ensure you'll survive that single turn Unaware is turned off.

Basically just attack it with whatever until it resets your stats, Tera once you survive the post-nullification round and then spam Torch Song while setting up Sunny Day to max damage. Don't bother with Shadow Ball until the shield is down, since it will be causing less damage than Torch Song while the shield is up due to the damage penalty the shield causes (since your Tera type is not Ghost).
Actually you can use Protect on the turn Unaware is negated, you don’t have to worry about needing to roll for an Intimidate partner. Getting Gardevoir means health is not of particular concern thanks to Life Dew.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Actually you can use Protect on the turn Unaware is negated, you don’t have to worry about needing to roll for an Intimidate partner. Getting Gardevoir means health is not of particular concern thanks to Life Dew.
It's another option, sure. But I would still go with "Slack Off+Intimidate" instead of "Protect+Gardevoir" simply because this late I don't give enough f**** about the game anymore to keep rolling for one specific partner (while a partner with Intimidate is pretty common, since 3 of the 18 options have it).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
It's another option, sure. But I would still go with "Slack Off+Intimidate" instead of "Protect+Gardevoir" simply because this late I don't give enough f**** about the game anymore to keep rolling for one specific partner (while a partner with Intimidate is pretty common, since 3 of the 18 options have it).
Actually Gardevoir was more of a helpful partner than straight up needed to win (have farmed Meganium multiple times without needing to reroll for it).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like the idea of using Sunny Day to buff Torch Song. Might test it at some point.