• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
If you can do at least a double party, then you can try this strategy I used to OHKO.

Magneton w/ Eviolite or
Magnezone w/ Wide Lens
- Reflect
- Metal Sound
- Helping Hand

Miraidon w/Magnet or Expert Belt
Modest (258 SPATK)
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Electro Drift

1st turn - Magneton uses Reflect to trim down damage, and Miraidon uses Taunt to prevent Swords Dance (don't use any boosting moves during this turn, as Decidueye will use a buff remover)
2nd turn - Magneton uses Metal Sound, Miraidon uses Calm Mind
3rd turn - Magneton uses Metal Sound, Miraidon user uses ATK SPATK Cheer
4th turn - Magneton uses Helping Hand on Miraidon, Miraidon uses Electro Drift

As long as you can weather the assault and get the -4 SDEF and the +1 SATK boost from CM and the cheer, Electro Drift should be a full HP shot. I tried bringing him down to -6 SDEF (3 Metal Sound turns), but it seems that doing that will trigger the shield, and also seems to leave my Magneton to be KO'ed losing the Helping Hand.

The 85% accuracy of Metal Sound is a concern, making me have to reset some tries. If you prefer the Wide Lens, then use Magnezone for the extra bulk.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Next 7* is Bug Type Samurott (also not Hisuian like Decidueye)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Next 7* is Bug Type Samurott (also not Hisuian like Decidueye)
Geez,

What the hell is the counter going to be for this?

Grass is ineffective because of its tera typing.

Rock and Fire types are doomed by Swords Dance boosted Razor Shell

Its also packing Ice Beam or Blizzard for Flying types.

Add Shell Armor on it to protect it from crits and you got yourself a problem

Then you have stab boosted, Swords Dance boosted Megahorn and X-Scissor.

Going to be really interesting what the solution is cause I'm drawing a blank.

Red and Blue

Well that sucks. Samurott is my favorite Water starter final form and I just can't beat most of these 7 star raids. Guess I'll have to do a Oshawott through trading.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
...it could genuinely be Scovillain. Grass/Fire neutralizes either types weaknesses to Ice, Bug, Water, and, well, Fire roasts bug. Add on Moody for the ability to accrue buffs and Tera charge at the same time...
Fair Point.

I'm wondering if Spicy Extract and some Intimidate users could prove to be a good set up.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Geez,

Corviknight. It takes normal damage from Ice Beam/Blizzard and resists bug. Samurott has nothing Super Effective for Corviknight. It's not perfect however because in order to stay alive after Terasilizing you'd probably need to be a steel type rather than flying. You'd lose STAB, but would have no problem with Ice Beam or Blizard. ( Any fighting moves might be a problem at that point thought)

Also, I know it's not as high powered as X-Scissor or Megahorn, but I can easily see Samurott having Fury Cutter. It will build power with each successive hit, so in a raid with four players or NPCs you could possibly be one-shot on turn one if it chooses to Fury Cutter the three other people /NPCs before you.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
...it could genuinely be Scovillain. Grass/Fire neutralizes either types weaknesses to Ice, Bug, Water, and, well, Fire roasts bug. Add on Moody for the ability to accrue buffs and Tera charge at the same time...

Once you Terastilize you'll lose the protection of one of your types. It's actually going to be kind of hilarious if everyone just ends up brute-forcing it with Azumarill.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well that sucks. Samurott is my favorite Water starter final form and I just can't beat most of these 7 star raids. Guess I'll have to do a Oshawott through trading.
It legitimately takes hours to get right partners
Cause you get people that won't Terarize.... they need to nerf them hard.

ShadowForce720

Geez,

Look on the bright side it could of been much worse as it could have been Hisuian Samurott with its Hidden Ability being Sharpness.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
If I'm going to guess my pick, Dry-Skin Toxicroak would be my attacker. Poison typing reduces bug moves, and Dry-Skin would make it get a heal from water attacks. Taunt would prevent Swords Dance during the non-shielded phases, and you can use Stone Edge or Rock Slide for damage.

For support Storm Drain Gastrodon could be useful to draw in water attacks, then keep on spamming Chilling Water for the attack drops during the shield phase. Could also use Yawn during the initial start up to hope for a long sleep RNG.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Geez,

Not sure about this, but I've seen some say that a Fire Punch Iron Hands could work.

Copley Hill Gym

Fire punch Iron Hands looks like a godsend frankly.

The whole “7 star raids have to be as brutal as hell” sort of thinking from GF is starting to wear quite thin in my book. Tera raids are my least favourite part of this game.Thank god we’ve had the mega easy blissey raids for a few days that have allowed for some farming for items. That has been amusing to see all the different one hit tactics across the board!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Fire punch Iron Hands looks like a godsend frankly.

The whole “7 star raids have to be as brutal as hell” sort of thinking from GF is starting to wear quite thin in my book. Tera raids are my least favourite part of this game.Thank god we’ve had the mega easy blissey raids for a few days that have allowed for some farming for items. That has been amusing to see all the different one hit tactics across the board!
Decidueye was actually not too difficult thanks to it lacking Ground coverage outside of Tera Blast so bulky Electric-types can have a field day with it. Going to have to wait for someone to figure out a strategy as Samurott has pretty good coverage to deal with the types that hit Bug for super effective damage.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Geez,

Well, first you’re going to need a bulky pokémon with Taunt to keep Samurott from using status moves (as well as Reflect & other status moves). Then you’ll either need either a dual Fire type a secondary typing resistant to Water or a strong resistant Pokémon with Fire, Rock, or Flying type moves.

A few examples I can think of are Perrserker, Tera Steel Grimmsnarl, Corviknight, Tinkaton, Scovillain, Iron Hands, Koraidon, & Walking Wake.

Last edited:

ChandelureDetour

For supportive play, especially since that is usually a good choice when playing online I believe. If the Samurott boosts it’s stats then Gastrodon sounds promising on removing it with Clear Smog and Chilling Water well acting as a support mon with moves like Helping Hand and Mud Slap. Another solid choice I could see possibly being used would be Swalot thanks to having access to

For offensive play Gyarados also sounds like it would perform well thanks to the ability Intimidate and access to Taunt, Chilling Water, Crunch (For defense drops), Tera Blast (Flying) and possibly Hurricane all make Gyarados an immediate threat. Pelipper sets rain and has access to a powerful Hurricane with the major downside being the rain powers up Samurott. Salamence would been good if Samurott doesn’t carry Ice Beam.

Corviknight sounds solid for both survivability and general offense and Mirror Armor makes you immune to any stat drops Samurott May try to pull.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Bold of you to assume you'll actually get to Tera, with the completely unanswerable minus tera charge high level bosses love to spam unprompted.
That's fair. lord knows the raid boss likes to cheat! If you can't Tera at some point though it's going to be near impossible to win the raid once the shield goes up.