• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Scovillain

Has anyone tried using Disable on Mewtwo right after he uses Calm Mind?

Too bad Delphox can't learn Recover and Victini doesn't exist yet. A team of 3 Delphox might be viable, with a support Pokemon that Thunder Waves, Light Screen, and healings. A Delphox that keeps using Mystical Fire to lower Special A, and 2 other Delphox's to Calm Mind and Shadow Ball.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Has anyone tried using Disable on Mewtwo right after he uses Calm Mind?

Too bad Delphox can't learn Recover and Victini doesn't exist yet. A team of 3 Delphox might be viable, with a support Pokemon that Thunder Waves, Light Screen, and healings. A Delphox that keeps using Mystical Fire to lower Special A, and 2 other Delphox's to Calm Mind and Shadow Ball.
Disable doesn't work if the Pokémon has the barrier up, which Mewtwo casts right after using Calm Mind and before you can even select a move.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
When people datamined that Mew would get a status bonus in this raid, I was afraid it meant raid would be designed to be challenging against a team of Mews and impossible to beat solo.

And it seems to be the case. From what I saw, no one has solo’d it yet or even came close to it.
Love Mewtwo, but not enough to pay the online subscription just for that.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
When people datamined that Mew would get a status bonus in this raid, I was afraid it meant raid would be designed to be challenging against a team of Mews and impossible to beat solo.

And it seems to be the case. From what I saw, no one has solo’d it yet or even came close to it.
Love Mewtwo, but not enough to pay the online subscription just for that.
7 day free trial with no renewal is your friend, resets every so often as well

Barrysun

Do the Mewtwo come as Modest and 6IV flawless?
Just caught mine and yes, Mewtwo does come with a Modest nature and perfect 6IV in all stats.
I went in with an all Mew Party in bug type tera. My Mew had Snarl, Leach life, Dew life and Psychic. (might need to switch Psychic to something else.
plus when the shields are down, Mewtwo WILL use rest and I was like *oh come on! just like stadium's Mewtwo!*
and like other raids this won't be my only capture as I still got other files to fill in. 1 down, 4 to go

Last edited:

LordSerperior

My switch online free trial had reset so used it to get myself the Mewtwo. It was 4 bug tera Mews and although two of them got knocked out, it wasn't too hard to beat the raid. Solo definitely feels impossible for this one.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Has Mewtwo used energy ball. I kinda think water with Bug Tera Samurott with Night Slash

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Beat on first try and seemed decently easy! Thank-you to @Wulava for the moveset because our four mew team beat him badly with 3 bug tera types and 1 psychic tera type. I'm sure I just got lucky with a good team, but woo that was fun using all mews against mewtwo.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Last edited:

Barrysun

going in for round 4, this time with a support Mew. with Light screen, Struggle Bug, Electric terrain, (stops rest) and shadow ball (main offence)

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
This Mewtwo feels like a Raid Boss on steroids...... even 4 mew barely scratch him
It really IS like the Mewtwo event in Sword and Shield: joltingly difficult from anything that came before it.

Naturally, people are prone to bringing Eternatus and Koraidon into these raids...and I also got someone who brought their Mew in completely unchanged from when they got it as a Mystery Gift, Level 5 and all.

Barrysun

Just captured another Mewtwo. this time I've stopped Mewtwo recovering HP with Electric Terrain. (no free HP napping for Mewtwo)
4 down and only have one more file that can catch Mewtwo

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Seriously the mew players i was with weren't great. Mine was a a Bug Buzz Nasty Plot Psychic and Amnesia.
I was trying to be attack focused and amnesia to buff my defense.

Thankfully i own a Mewtwo from the Crown Tundra among many legendaries that i have never imported. It would be a lot of time and
get the team luck in Dynamax Adventures to build up the whole collection of all of them. Zygarde is the biggest headache by far in that mode *shudders*

Copley Hill Gym

Walked it again. Four mews, all bug Tera type. This is the first 7 star raid I’ve been in for nearly a year that didn’t feel difficult, but we did have our strategy absolutely nailed down both times. I am now going back to my analogue pocket and Pokemon Gold until the release of the Teal Mask.

Scovillain

I missed out on the 7-Delphox raid cuz I didn't know about it. I hope they do Mewtwo again some day, but without Calm Mind, and see how much easier it would be.