• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think I'll just stick with the Mewtwo I have in SWSH

Copley Hill Gym

I just find this a nonsensical argument. People must be paying for Home at the minimum. The online services aren’t that much more per month. If you’ve got a switch then there’s no way you’re only buying it for Pokemon.

If you’re truly only interested in the switch and Pokemon titles and also just very offline, single player play - really? For real?

I just find it astonishing that we’re getting complaints like this - TPC went out of their way to make sure everyone could get a Mew via a download code, made a big deal of support Pokemon, there’s several strong strategies out there - Mewtwo is hard, for sure, but even in single player we’ve seen some successful strategies.

Personally, I think the complaints are the equivalent of this:

NYPICHPDPICT000007776549.jpg

Ignition

It’s always tomfoolery time
So basically, "I find it difficult to believe that people play games differently than me". I am not interested in playing any of my switch games online because I am usually only interested in single player content.

I personally don't have a problem with it because I either use the free trial if its available and if not am okay with missing out on stuff but I can see where people are coming from.
Pokémon fans have a general problem with understanding that people don’t play the games the same way they do. I do have Switch Online and completely understand the frustration from others.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If a content of a game is locked behind the online subscription (and we are not talking about a strictly online game, like Splatoon), then it is locked behind a paywall.
The fact that the player might have already that subscription already because of other games is irrelevant.
Mewtwo isn't even locked behind a paywall because it can be solo'd.

Yes the set-up is heavily RNG based, only one moveset works and you must use Mew. But it's doable and there's proof.

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
I just find this a nonsensical argument. People must be paying for Home at the minimum. The online services aren’t that much more per month. If you’ve got a switch then there’s no way you’re only buying it for Pokemon.

If you’re truly only interested in the switch and Pokemon titles and also just very offline, single player play - really? For real?

I just find it astonishing that we’re getting complaints like this - TPC went out of their way to make sure everyone could get a Mew via a download code, made a big deal of support Pokemon, there’s several strong strategies out there - Mewtwo is hard, for sure, but even in single player we’ve seen some successful strategies.
As someone whose interests in Switch titles tend to lean towards single-player games (the Xenoblade and Kirby series along with Pikmin 4 to name a few) and do not have a huge collection of Pokemon I don't really feel the need to cash out on NSO or a premium Home subscription. While I am aware that a solo strategy exists not too willing to subject myself to One Fell Jump 2.0 (a pretty hellish Dandori challenge from Pikmin 4) trying to attempt it.

LordSerperior

People must be paying for Home at the minimum.
Again, this is what I do so everyone must be doing it because how else can you find anything enjoyable. Surprise, I don't pay for home because I don't care about having a living dex or whatever else people use it for. I play each game as its own standalone thing and I am fine with leaving the Pokémon I used in that game and start over fresh each time.

Not to mention someone can find value in paying for Home because they use it more and not find value in Switch online? I mean I don't necessarily care for the paywall argument but the fact that it's beyond imagination that people find enjoyment in different things - really? For real?

Scovillain

You misunderstand, I'm talking about the unrivaled Mewtwo Ice Beaming.
Ah okay, basically, it doesn't get the stats boost that Mew gets. And Mew's stat boosts means nobody else comes close to it.

Unless of course, a Tera form Mewtwo or so, can resist both Psychic, Fighting, and Ice. Which is a no show.

I'm thinking GF troubleshooted to calculate Mew's stat boosts.

Scovillain

Okay, someone found a way, via solo-Mew.

Mud-Slap
Amnesia
Bulk Up
Leech Life

Tera Bug yep. Note that when Mewtwo uses Rest, that magical shell is not formed again, so defeating it with full health is easy if you Bulk Up'd.

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole

Mud-Slap
Amnesia
Bulk Up
Leech Life

Tera Bug yep. Note that when Mewtwo uses Rest, that magical shell is not formed again, so defeating it with full health is easy if you Bulk Up'd.
You also need specific partners: Bellibolt to paralyze Mewtwo with discharge and (or) Weavile, Mudsdale, or Arcanine to drop its defense after the shield breaks; and a lot of lucky RNG to go your way. There's a Poketuber on YouTube that demonstrates exactly how the strategy works.

ebevan91

Mud-Slap
Amnesia
Bulk Up
Leech Life

I haven't attempted this raid yet but I pretty much only do them solo so I'll try this.

Scovillain

You also need specific partners: Bellibolt to paralyze Mewtwo with discharge and (or) Weavile, Mudsdale, or Arcanine to drop its defense after the shield breaks; and a lot of lucky RNG to go your way. There's a Poketuber on YouTube that demonstrates exactly how the strategy works.
Yea, that's where I got this from lol. Mud-Slap 1st, then boost, then Leech Life. Drop its defense?

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole
Yea, that's where I got this from lol. Mud-Slap 1st, then boost, then Leech Life. Drop its defense?
Yes. Weavile and Arcanine both have Leer, which they can use after the shield goes down to drop Mewtwo's defense. Mudsdale has Rockslide which has a 50% chance to drop Mewtwo's defense even through the raid shield.

Scovillain

Yes. Weavile and Arcanine both have Leer, which they can use after the shield goes down to drop Mewtwo's defense. Mudsdale has Rockslide which has a 50% chance to drop Mewtwo's defense even through the raid shield.
Meh, when the shield goes down, you won't need none of that.