• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ah okay, basically, it doesn't get the stats boost that Mew gets. And Mew's stat boosts means nobody else comes close to it.

Unless of course, a Tera form Mewtwo or so, can resist both Psychic, Fighting, and Ice. Which is a no show.
Pretty much.

Like there are other strats that can work like Lokix for example, but that also requires a decent amount of set-up to actually work and you need to coordinate on Discord to pull it off.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I realized over something... a Shedinja could wall Mewtwo with it's Wonder Guard since he doesn't have the moves to hurt Shedinja. Not even Ice Beam can penetrate Wonder Guard since shedinja isn't weak to Ice and Mewtwo doesn't have Mold Breaker to bypass it. But Shedinja isn't in Paldea.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I have a Bug Mew... wrong nature and a Steel one with a good one. So onto changing the latter one to Bug if I can so I train it up for a raid. Was thinking of an all around build.

Lucked out and got to rerent Scarlet from the library today. Transferring stuff over tonight and am planning on doing some training.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I have a Bug Mew... wrong nature and a Steel one with a good one. So onto changing the latter one to Bug if I can so I train it up for a raid. Was thinking of an all around build.

Lucked out and got to rerent Scarlet from the library today. Transferring stuff over tonight and am planning on doing some training.
If you are doing it multiplayer, no need to change any. Bug Mew will do fine with any nature. As for the Steel Mew, if you use a support build the Tera type is irrelevant.
If you are doing it solo, it's better to change the nature of the Bug type since mints can be bought while tera shards require grinding.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
If you are doing it multiplayer, no need to change any. Bug Mew will do fine with any nature. As for the Steel Mew, if you use a support build the Tera type is irrelevant.
If you are doing it solo, it's better to change the nature of the Bug type since mints can be bought while tera shards require grinding.

It's a neutral one. Gentle. I actually like the Steel ones nature. I'll be checking to see if I have enough tera shards for a change tho.

Well I don't lol. Just 16 of them.

The Bug one has a nature that doesn't help it Sp. Attack wise. Great speed tho. It's Jolly. I'll check to see if I have enough mints as well. Went with Modest ones. It seems to help.

Raising up both Mews. They're both up to lv 34 so far.

Thinking of putting Leech Life on the Steel Mew.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Just tried the raid for the first time with some randos. Almost won. It was going great until Mewtwo used Rest and after that all of our Mews started fainting. No faints until Mewtwo was almost in the yellow. Got it down to the red I was the last one to faint.

I used Struggle Bug x3 until I could Tera, then used Swords Dance to get to +6 while using Leech Life in between if I needed to heal. Once I hit+6 I used Leech Life until the stat reset. Then repeated.

For some reason one guy started using Phantom Force, which I don't understand.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Just tried the raid for the first time with some randos. Almost won. It was going great until Mewtwo used Rest and after that all of our Mews started fainting. No faints until Mewtwo was almost in the yellow. Got it down to the red I was the last one to faint.
I know some people have managed to block Mewtwo from using Rest by having a Mew use the move Electric Terrain.

ebevan91

I know some people have managed to block Mewtwo from using Rest by having a Mew use the move Electric Terrain.

I might do that because I never actually used the 4th move which was Light Screen. I'll just assume someone else has it.

Edit: Yep, Electric Terrain did the trick. I think we could’ve won without it since the timer was only at the halfway point but we ended up with almost 1/3rd left so it was a pretty comfortable victory. Used the Master Ball on it because why not?

Last edited:

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole
Okay... so apparently you can OHKO Mewtwo with Magikarp. While I'm not surprised people found a way to break the raid it's noteworthy that it took them more 3 days to do it. Normally someone figured out how to cheese the raid 15 minutes after it goes up!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I used Struggle Bug x3 until I could Tera, then used Swords Dance to get to +6 while using Leech Life in between if I needed to heal. Once I hit+6 I used Leech Life until the stat reset. Then repeated.

For some reason one guy started using Phantom Force, which I don't understand.
Trying to understand these guys you encounter in Tera Raid Battles is pure futility. I've played hundreds of raids of various sorts, and my best assessment is that they don't understand what they're doing either.

Phil Rohan

I've done the Mewtwo raid a few dozen times now, and lost every one. (Ranging from being very close to winning, to doing so little damage it's barely noticeable on the HP bar.) So far I've found that Light Screen or some other defence support is vital - the Mew I'm using doesn't have great Defence, so after a few Calm Minds Mewtwo can easily 2HKO (or even OHKO) it with Psystrike, which is annoying.

It's also a shame that Lucky Chant is no longer available - I've had a couple of times when an ill-timed critical hit Psystrike from Mewtwo has cost us the match.

ebevan91

Trying to understand these guys you encounter in Tera Raid Battles is pure futility. I've played hundreds of raids of various sorts, and my best assessment is that they don't understand what they're doing either.

I tried another one where a guy used a Blissey and someone else used a Weavile. I normally wait to say I'm ready because if there's someone that doesn't pick Mew I back out, but I wasn't paying attention that time. Then I couldn't run from the raid once it started. Those 2 Pokemon were killed instantly so I just made it end even quicker by attacking them instead of the Mewtwo.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
After two entire days trying it non-stop, I decided to give up on trying to solo this fight. I will probably use the 7-day free subscription next week and get it done on multiplayer.

On multiple occasions I got pretty close, once I would have really done it if I had 1 extra second on the timer, but the amount of luck you need for the solo strategy is just so absurd it's maddening.

Of course, since it is entirely up to luck you might as well get it done on your first attempt. Or you could go over 10 attempts in a row without even making to the Tera part.
Just to summarize how much luck you need:
- on the first 10 rounds you need Mewtwo to miss at least 6 times, if it lands 4 hits you need to reset (depending on which rounds/moves, even 3 hits might be enough).

- after it resets buffs around the 75% mark, you need it to miss for the next 2 rounds. If it lands a hit in any of those rounds, you need to reset (and, believe me, even with -6 accuracy and Paralysis, it WILL hit you on the reset turn).

- after it uses Rest, you need your AI partners to lower its defense by at least 5 stages. If they don't lower it enough, you will run out of moves before you can kill it.

- after the final buff reset, you need it to miss every move (remember it will attack twice per round). Aura Sphere is the only one that will not OHKO.

- the entire fight, you need Mewtwo to not get any critical. Since criticals bypass accuracy changes, if it gets a critical it will 100% land and you need to reset.

- and all that on top of also having to reset if Ice Beam freezes you, which is standard for any raid boss with freezing moves.

If any of that doesn't align, it's useless.

Of course, you also need to have at least 2 certain AI partners from the available list, but there's a bug in the game you can exploit to make sure you will have the same partners in every attempt. So at least this part is not luck based (well, you still need to reset the game until you get the right partners for the first time)... but, again, thanks to a bug, not by design.

It's really just clearing the area and hoping for lightning to strike. People shouldn't treat it as a proof that the raid is doable on solo, because it was very clearly not designed to be.

I saw also another solo strategy using Skeledirge that relies less on luck, but even that one took 10 hours of successive attempts for the guy who invented it to succeed (and he advises people to not try it) - and it also requires you to make use of a glitch in the game, so, again, it's not doable by design.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I have not put a dent into this Mewtwo.

How the hell do you break through that freaking' wall?
Yup Mewtwo tera shield and natural defenses on top of that is just too strong if your pokemon has not activated it's Teraform but this boss is unforgiving in terms of damage output and considering the raids with a time limit/10 turns. Mewtwo getting his tera boss shield or whatever it is too busted since bosses don't get to activate them until turn 3 is over for everyone usually.

Some of these raid pokemon take a LOT of your remaining time if a party member is KO'ed

Bus

I have not put a dent into this Mewtwo.

How the hell do you break through that freakin' wall?
I have yet to beat him myself, even when among a group of 4 Mews, but from what I've seen, his Defense is far weaker than his Special Defense (thanks in part to him spamming Calm Mind). Physical based Mews running moves like Leech Life or X Scissor along with Sword Dance seems to be the way to go. We got him down to almost KO'ed but we didnt have a supporter (and I was Special Attack based, so I basically wasn't helping) and we ended up losing.

If you could coordinate with a full team before going on the raid, I'd say maybe have 3 Mews running the physical set with one being your Support mew for Light Screen, Life Dew, and anything else that helps. Also, having all four Mews spamming Struggle Bug works wonders since it automatically lowers Special Attack even through shields; eventually coming pretty close to nullifying Mewtwo's attack.

Have yet to test this myself because its hard to coordinate since there are no Mics or anything lol, but I would say the best bet would be:
Mew x4 (Bug Terra)

First 3 turns, the 3 attack Mews use Struggle Bug until they're really to Terra
Support Mew sets up Defenses (Light Screen, Defense Cheer, maybe Attack Cheer)

Buff with Sword Dance at least twice with the 3 Mew while Support mew spams Life Dew or Struggle Bug incase his stat changes are wiped

Then Terra Leech Life should help carry the team to victory.