• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Barrysun

Biggest problem is that Mewtwo has Aura Sphere to counter Dark Types otherwise a few could rise to the challenge. They made him
TOO GOOD. I'm glad i have my own Mewtwo from a Gen 8 import and i gave up on gen 9 raid mewtwo.

Too many bosses have been notorious.

Iron Leaves and Walking Wake: Very high defense stats and high attack
Hisuian Samurott: Right after it gets of a few sword dances it hits very hard with Megahorn
Chesnaught: Normal type gave it very few effective counters
Delphox: Instantly uses Dazzling Gleam to hurt everyone before the fight begins (so not fair)
Mewtwo: Gets the raid boss shield right at the match and its stats turn the raid into scratching a adamantium wall
I'm happy I got 5 Mewtwos from this raid. (got three extra switches, each with their own profile) I wonder what's the next 7 star raid. (ether another legendary or repeated raid battles

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Mewtwo still exists for people that didn't update. I haven't got luck with my level 100 Delphox using Shadow Ball. Shell Bell heals 1 HP. My 1st Shadow Ball caused Mewtwo's Special Defense to go down, still 1 HP gained from Shell Bell.

I also Mystical Fire and Sunny Day + Mystical Fire to lower attack. Mewtwo's Psystrike can 2HKO my Delphox, though Delphox can take Aura Sphere's and Ice Beam better.

With all that set aside, the question is, who in the BB DLC can go against Mewtwo, and what move tutors come out.

Looks like Victini still won't come to the Paldea 'dex huh.

You never know with Victini. They added Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Phione and Manaphy by stealth in the Teal Mask. IIRC they weren't in the leaked list for either of the DLCs but turned up anyway in TM. I think (hope) from this that they'll add more legendaries and mythicals in the Indigo Disk.

Also, could the next 7 start raids be the Sinnoh starters?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You never know with Victini. They added Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Phione and Manaphy by stealth in the Teal Mask. IIRC they weren't in the leaked list for either of the DLCs but turned up anyway in TM. I think (hope) from this that they'll add more legendaries and mythicals in the Indigo Disk.

Also, could the next 7 start raids be the Sinnoh starters?
You can already import them, but no pokedex entries. They removed Flamethrower from Infernape natural learnset including move reminder instead gets Raging Fury. Sure 120 base power seems great but you need to compensate for it getting confused after 2-3 turns. Ingredient trekking for TM's

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
I'm happy I got 5 Mewtwos from this raid. (got three extra switches, each with their own profile) I wonder what's the next 7 star raid. (ether another legendary or repeated raid battles
If they are not repeating previous 7-star raids, maybe one of the Sinnoh starters. Though I am not sure what Tera type will be used for Empoleon since we already used Ice and Flying.

Pokefan_1987

If they are not repeating previous 7-star raids, maybe one of the Sinnoh starters. Though I am not sure what Tera type will be used for Empoleon since we already used Ice and Flying.
Most likely Steel for Empoleon. For Torterra i'd guess it would be Ground so it can hit hard with Earthquake/High Horsepower

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Worthy remembering H.Decidueye's ability is Scrappy so can't exploit ghost's immunity to fighting.

Anyway, the tera type makes sense but... I've maxed my grass tera shards already lol

Red and Blue

Worthy remembering H.Decidueye's ability is Scrappy so can't exploit ghost's immunity to fighting.

Anyway, the tera type makes sense but... I've maxed my grass tera shards already lol
Well if Scrappy is a factor than there is still the Poison type which resists Grass and Fighting.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
With the 7-star raids resuming with the Hisui trio, this guess I made in July might end up being right:

On second thought, we actually have 6 since we also have the Paldea starters.

If you include the already datamined Mewtwo, it gives you:

- Charizard, Pikachu, Mewtwo
- OG counterparts of Hisui trio
- Kalos trio
- Galar trio
- Hisui trio
- Paldea trio

Exactly 18, the amount of existing types - and considering they avoided repeating types on the Mighty Raids, they could be aiming to cover all 18.

Considering old leaks
I would guess the Paldea starters will be the last ones, after the Tera Forms have been announced, so we’ll have an incentive to go after them

Once the Hisui trio is finished, we'll be missing only three 7-star pokémon to complete the 18 types, which obviously fits a final batch of starters.

But since the Sinnoh starters were coded in the game after Teal Mask, it could be them instead of the Paldea starters as I guessed originally.

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole

That's a shame. It would have been fun to use the Flying Tera Decidueye we got from the previous raid. Could probably still use it though, Fighting isn't normally effective against Ghost or Grass, and once it teras Dicidueye will resist fighting anyway.

Red and Blue

Salazzle or Iron Moth sound like good options. Toxricity as well if it knows any Flying type moves.

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
Having already bred myself a H-Decidueye the Mightiest one is likely only for collection purposes. In terms of good Pokemon against Decidueye guessing Skeledirge and Iron Moth, just be aware Skeledirge does not hard wall it since it most likely has Scrappy. Also it is the second 7-star raid Pokemon whose Tera type matches its native typing (Mewtwo being our first).

Edit: The Lousy Three would also be good candidates with Okidogi looking the most promising due to having the highest Defense stat, only issue is Decidueye may be packing SE Flying-moves before you can Tera.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

I'm thinking H Samurott is next as both H Decidueye and Samurott have made their debut in Pokemon Masters EX
Both Unovan and Hisuian Samurott has already been raid bosses. They were Bug Tera Type.

Pokefan_1987

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
But will it have the same Tera Bug type as Unovan Samurott so it can make use of the bug move Megahorn or Normal to make it a defensive Swords Dance attacker ?
Assuming we are not doubling up on already used Tera types (Normal was used for Rillaboom), H-Samurott may be Tera Dark to double up on Ceaseless Edge. Setting Spikes is irrelevant but STAB, Tera and Sharpness boosts will make it hurt a lot.

Pokefan_1987

Still aside from Ceaseless Edge Hisuian Samurott doesn't have that many Dark Moves

Dark Tera Supports: Thief, Fling, Sucker Punch, Snarl, Taunt, Dark Pulse, Knock Off and Lash Out
For Dark Moves it could really use Night Slash but it doesn't have it.

Tera Ground only supports: Dig Bulldoze and Drill Run for Hisuian Samurott.