• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm thinking that the Hisuian starters will be Water for H. Samurott and FIre for H.Typhlosion going off of how H.Decidueye looks.

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
I'm thinking that the Hisuian starters will be Water for H. Samurott and FIre for H.Typhlosion going off of how H.Decidueye looks.
Though Water was already used for Pikachu, if we are not repeating already used Tera types we may end up with Dark for H-Samurott.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Personally, I've been thinking Steel as an option for H.Samurott....

But looking at the learnset, seems like it barely has any steel options.

Guess it's either water or dark then

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.

You forgot that Tera Blast exists. It uses the Tera type as a attack with decent 80 base power and 100% Accuracy. It does start off as a normal move though so it really only fits best on Special Attackers. Samurott does have 108 Special Attack compared to it's 100 physical Attack as base stats, so Tera Blast isn't a waste if you survive until you can Terastallize. The 8 points are odd though.

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
You forgot that Tera Blast exists. It uses the Tera type as an attack with decent 80 base power and 100% Accuracy. It does start off as a normal move though so it really only fits best on Special Attackers. Samurott does have 108 Special Attack compared to it's 100 physical Attack as base stats, so Tera Blast isn't a waste if you survive until you can Terastallize. The 8 points are odd though.
All the of 7-star Pokémon to date had a corresponding move (that is not Tera Blast) to their Tera type if it does not match their native typing. Charizard did have Tera Blast but it was one of its extra moves and its main Dragon move for the raid was Dragon Pulse.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
You forgot that Tera Blast exists. It uses the Tera type as a attack with decent 80 base power and 100% Accuracy. It does start off as a normal move though so it really only fits best on Special Attackers. Samurott does have 108 Special Attack compared to it's 100 physical Attack as base stats, so Tera Blast isn't a waste if you survive until you can Terastallize. The 8 points are odd though.

There are normal types with high special attack and there are also high base power special attacking normal type moves. In fact, Tera Blast uses whichever stat is higher on the pokemon that uses it: Attack or Special Attack. Therefore, no pokemon is at a disadvantage when using it. This means any of the 7 star raids could use Tera Blast using their most beneficial attacking stat.

Pokefan_1987

If it does get Dark then i hope it doesn't get Avalanche, Blizzard, Ice Beam or Icy Wind (Dragon killing moves) That should allow Koraidon to become viable by using it's ability to weaken Water moves. Because i'm dreadfully tired of seeing people spamming Annihilape and Iron Hands. They get knocked more often than you think.

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole
How am I supposed to win this raid with the attack constantly boosting?
Give it a burn, Wilowisp cuts its attack in half. Chilling Water will also drop it's attack. Reflect to take less damage from physical attacks... I found its speed to be more of a problem than its attack...then again I was using slow ass Skeledirge.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I just kept rerolling the AI partners until I got Drifblim and then it was over pretty fast with Unaware Skeledirge @ Shell Bell, Fire Tera.
Literally just spam Torch Song the entire fight and that's it.

- Drifblim is not exactly needed, but it saves you from having to waste 2 turns applying Will-o-Wisp (specially welcome after you take the shield down, since Decidueye will be attacking twice per turn).
- Since Skeledirge's base speed is higher than Decidueye's, as long as you have perfect IV (or hyper trained) speed you will be faster than it, so you won't have to worry about Triple Arrow flinching.

There are probably even better options than Skeledirge, but I really wanted to solo a 7-star raid with my starter and this was finally the chance to do so.
Also gave me an excuse to stop being anal about my Ability Patches and use one instead of saving all of them for a hypothetical "better oportunity"

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

I managed to defeat Deciduye at least once out of 2 battles. I had Ice Rider Calyrex. I'm glad i defeated Deciduye, now i finally have a english named Hisuian Deciduye. A shiny Hisuian would be nice but i don't really have any pokemon i would be willing to trade for a shiny.

Pokefan_1987

But Deciduye was less problematic than other bosses. Did the developers make it easy or does Deciduye have a bad movepool to be a raid boss aside from the scrappy ability?

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
But Deciduye was less problematic than other bosses. Did the developers make it easy or does Deciduye have a bad movepool to be a raid boss aside from the scrappy ability?
Decidueye’s move pool is pretty poor when dealing with types it is weak against. Both Alolan and Hisuian Decidueye have no Ground coverage (outside of Tera Blast) to respectively deal with Electric and Poison so those types were excellent against it. Then again we need a relatively easy balm after Mewtwo.

Edit: Dealt with Decidueye using Poison Tera Arceus with Iron Defense, Acid Spray, Recover and Judgment (EVs in Defense and Sp Attack), used a Premier Ball since I only have one Level Ball in my inventory. Using Recover when you are around 70-ish percent of your HP is a good safety net for critical hits that may occur.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Decidueye’s move pool is pretty poor when dealing with types it is weak against. Both Alolan and Hisuian Decidueye have no Ground coverage (outside of Tera Blast) to respectively deal with Electric and Poison so those types were excellent against it. Then again we need a relatively easy balm after Mewtwo.

Edit: Dealt with Decidueye using Poison Tera Arceus with Iron Defense, Acid Spray, Recover and Judgment (EVs in Defense and Sp Attack), used a Premier Ball since I only have one Level Ball in my inventory. Using Recover when you are around 70-ish percent of your HP is a good safety net for critical hits that may occur.
Wouldn't Poison Tera Eternatus be much stronger for the STAB ? Taunt is great in decidueye fights

I already sent it to VIOLET alongside zamazenta zacian glastrier spectrier calyrex and all the other galar legendaries and a bunch of others.
I wish incineroar along with the tapus, Ultra Beasts and every missing starters could be added already.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
Wouldn't Poison Tera Eternatus be much stronger for the STAB ? Taunt is great in decidueye fights

I already sent it to VIOLET alongside zamazenta zacian glastrier spectrier calyrex and all the other galar legendaries and a bunch of others.
I wish incineroar along with the tapus, Ultra Beasts and every missing starters could be added already.
Forgot to state that Arceus is also holding the Toxic Plate to get STAB on its Poison moves. Poison-types for the most part work best as Decidueye is more inclined to use Brave Bird or Shadow Claw against them.

Pokefan_1987

Still it's odd that a grass pokemon isn't weak to ice move (in the games Ice hurts Grass) and instead in the raid it is only resistant weak to water and fire