• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Acer11

How am I supposed to deal with the boosted attack of Samurott in the raid? No matter what I try, my Pokemon always get knocked out in one turn.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I used a Alolan Ninetales with Freeze Dry Aurora Veil Dazzling Gleam & Nasty Plot.

Freeze Dry is surprisingly strong against a Tera Samurott.

I beat it 1st try alongside 2 Miraidon players and a Iron Hands player

Ninetales needs to have snow warning ability: aurora veil only works in hail but it reduces physical damage

LordSerperior

I soloed it with Miraidon with Electric Terrain/Parabolic Charge/Electro Drift/Thunderbolt. The defence drops from razor shell were annoying but not too bad.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Oh, well, this was much easier than I thought it would be looking at its moveset. Although I got lucky with 2 AI Partners having Intimidate.

Still, soloed on 1st try with Miraidon by just spamming Parabolic Charge the whole fight. Item was Covert Cloak.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Also did it with Miraidon, Parabolic Charge with a good support (Victreebel has been great for this) steamrolls this raid.

Last edited:

Luthor

Managed to beat the H. Sammurott with Miraidon. Beat both solo and online. One thing I did find caused me issues the first time was Aboliva as it kept changing the terrain to grassy terrain (which meant I wasn't hitting as hard). But when I instead got allies like Staraptor and Dudunsparce it was much easier.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
finally managed to play a little today and got Samurott with an untrained lvl 100 Miraidon traded from home on my first try. metal sound twice and then spammed electro drift, I didn't even have to use PP Ups. maybe the easier 7 star raid of all?

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
Our next Mightiest raid to tie with Christmas is the attack of robot Santa, Iron Bundle. It also seems to be a ”special” one in the vein of Pikachu and Eevee (not counting towards the usage of Tera types).

Mercifully Iron Bundle lacks any form of coverage so it looks like Steel-types would be best against it (special attackers preferred due to its low Special Defence). There is Fighting too but it is not too well versed on the special attacking side.

Scovillain

Our next Mightiest raid to tie with Christmas is the attack of robot Santa, Iron Bundle. It also seems to be a ”special” one in the vein of Pikachu and Eevee (not counting towards the usage of Tera types).
Could be a hint for a future Pikachu movie? Especially if it turns out to be the only paradox to get 7-star.

I hope it doesn't know any strong Water moves past Water Pulse cuz I intend to use Delphox for it. Mystical Fire -> Flamethrower.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Since the game (very likely) came to an end and there was nothing else for me to catch, I got myself a Home subscription so I could transfer my 3DS dex to Sword and Scarlet.

That to say Magearna solos the Iron Bundle raid with zero effort. I just gave my Magearna a Shell Bell and l it soloed easily by just spamming Flash Cannon.

ShadowForce720

You know although I can’t say for certain but I think that the raids after the Walking Wake/Iron Leaves raid will be for Raging Bolt/ Iron Crown and Gouging Fire/ Iron Boulder(not necessarily in that order).

Scovillain

I got the 7-star Iron Bundle. I couldn't defeat it with Delphox at some 2 attempts. Delphox using Sunny Day to power down Hydro Pump and then Mystical Fire to lower his SpA. So I got it with Volcanion. That damn thing knows not to use any Water moves on Volcanion, so it used Freeze-Dry, which Volcanion being part Water does not resist. But terastal to Fire and now it resists Freez-Dry. Volcanion lost the 1st time, but on the 2nd time, I taught it Sunny Day, but something else happened... Bellibolt used Light Screen at the start, so that was a wow.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
That to say Magearna solos the Iron Bundle raid with zero effort. I just gave my Magearna a Shell Bell and l it soloed easily by just spamming Flash Cannon.
It really does take zero effort. Mine was one I was using for battles back for USUM. Destroyed Iron Bundle solo with minimal effort.

Magearna @ Shell Bell
Calm Nature. 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Flash Cannon spam

Soul-Heart will boost your SpA to max with the correct (incorrect?) partners. And Iron Bundle falls with over half its time left. Probably going to keep fighting it for the rewards.

Pokefan_1987

Managed to beat it with my Zacian. A few Sword Dances and then Behemoth Blade. Zacian's blade is very strong since i never saw Iron Bundle resetting the stats but i did use sword dance a few more times at the halfway point along with my fairy tera form.

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
Defeated Iron Bundle with Iron Crown. Started with Metal Sound then spammed Tachyon Cutter popping of Calm Mind after your stats are reset. Good AI partners to get are Belibolt with Light Screen + potential paralysis and Tauros and Heracross who can shatter Iron Bundle’s Aurora Veil.

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole
Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, but did they update the raid NPCs? I was doing the Iron Bundle raid by myself; my partners were Bellibolt Sylveon and Mudsdale. Bellibolt actually provided solid support by throwing up Light Screen, and hitting Iron Bundle with Mudshot dropping its accuracy. I've never seen any NPC using any screens in a raid let alone a solid strategy... is this new or did I just not notice it before?

Tsukuyomi56

Doing Their Best
Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, but did they update the raid NPCs? I was doing the Iron Bundle raid by myself; my partners were Bellibolt Sylveon and Mudsdale. Bellibolt actually provided solid support by throwing up Light Screen, and hitting Iron Bundle with Mudshot dropping its accuracy. I've never seen any NPC using any screens in a raid let alone a solid strategy... is this new or did I just not notice it before?
Yes, the AI Raid partners will now use their support moves as appropriate.

Pokefan_1987

Yes, the AI Raid partners will now use their support moves as appropriate.
I just hope we never return to the old days of Gen 8 horrible A.I. like helping hand Poke-Kid's Helping Hand Eevee, Tackle Magikarp and Martin's Solrock. The only good ones are that were really rare are Peony and Peonia but they are more rare than Shinies