• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Anybody have any ideas on how to solo an electric tera typed 6-star Quagsire?

You think a taunt weilding Toedscruel do the job?
Annihilape? The thing can solo almost every raid, so I always default to it when there is no obvious answer.
I suggest having two Annihilape trained, one with Defiant and another with Vital Spirit to use specifically against the Yawn users (like Quagsire).
I’m thinking Vital Energy @Metronome, start with Focus Energy, spam Drain Punch and eventually Rage Fist.
Since Quagsire has Unaware, it’s useless to boost your attack or lower its defense.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Annihilape? The thing can solo almost every raid, so I always default to it when there is no obvious answer.
I suggest having two Annihilape trained, one with Defiant and another with Vital Spirit to use specifically against the Yawn users (like Quagsire).
I’m thinking Vital Energy @Metronome, start with Focus Energy, spam Drain Punch and eventually Rage Fist.
Since Quagsire has Unaware, it’s useless to boost your attack or lower its defense.
taunt weilding ground tera type toedscruel ended up working

had the luck of an npc lowering its attack and taunt helped deny it using yawn, toxic, bulk up and rain dance long enough to get the rest of the stat decreases on it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
While Blaziken did end up having Earthquake was able to defeat it with Bellibolt with Reflect, Acid Spray and Parabolic Charge (also had Chilling Water but did not use it), caught it in a Sports Ball. Rerolling for the Intimidate users and/or Arbolivia will help make surviving its attacks easier.

Scovillain

Couldn't do this with Fire-Rotom without terastalling, those Brave Birds do massive damage after a Swords Dance.

So I'm going to try Nasty Plot Fire-Rotom later.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Havent gotten to it yet haven't gotten to renew my monthly subscription since i imported a Blaziken from both pokemon go and sword to check their stats a few weeks ago. Also Flying Tera isn't that interesting but what moves does Blaziken Tera have against water?

Does it have know Thunder Punch or does Brave Bird just hit everything really hard regardless of type like some Tera Bosses tend to do ?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Havent gotten to it yet haven't gotten to renew my monthly subscription since i imported a Blaziken from both pokemon go and sword to check their stats a few weeks ago. Also Flying Tera isn't that interesting but what moves does Blaziken Tera have against water?

Does it have know Thunder Punch or does Brave Bird just hit everything really hard regardless of type like some Tera Bosses tend to do ?
In regards to typing Flying Tera treats as a pure Flying-type which its STABs and Earthquake handles neatly (even more so with the scripted Swords Dance and Bulk Up). I still used Bellibolt against it though victory likes hinges on you getting the Intimidate users (Arobilivia also helps so it instead goes for Low Kick as its main move).

Edit: To avoid double posting our next 7-Star raid is seemingly predictably against Ice Tera Empoleon. Now getting Competitive as its HA gives it a noticeable buff now no longer needing to go mixed. Debuffing it will only lead to disaster so self-buffing will be the order of the day (Annhilape and Iron Crown look to be excellent options).

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
No news about any new upcoming raid events ?
check the front page of serebii

"
The next 7 Star Tera Raid Battle event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This event will feature a battle against an Empoleon with the Ice Tera Type and the Mightiest Mark. It can only be caught once per save file.
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on February 2nd through 23:59 UTC on February 4th and again from February 9th through February 11th. During the second run of the event, Blissey will return again with Tera Shard Rewards alongside Empoleon"

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Defeated Empoleon with a Tera Steel Mew with Skill Swap, Flash Cannon, Acid Spray and Life Dew. Skill Swap is the key so you don't have to worry about oft activations of things like Energy Ball from the AI partners triggering Competitive and causing things to go south.

Ran a Covert Cloak since I was paranoid about freeze hax but Empoleon ended up mostly spamming Surf (isn't Tera boosted Ice Bean stronger?), Moon Ball is probably the best apri-ball as it matches its colour scheme perfectly.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Got my Empoleon in a Safari ball. I cheated by using Mightiest Mewtwo. Skill Swap, Light Screen, Calm Mind, and Stored Power. RNG was kind to me, one of my NPCs was a Gardevoir with Life Dew.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Tried Empoleon Thursday night with just one other person, complete failure.

Did it today with a full party, instant success. Numbers really make a world of difference.

Anywho this was my set-up.

Keldeo:
Modest nature:
Item: Shell Bell
252 sp.atk 252 sp.def 4 HP
Secret Sword
Psych Up
Calm Mind
Sunny Day

Stellar Tera. (Went with this over Fighting because you keep the resistance)

Scovillain

Has anyone been able to defeat Empoleon without Skill Swap? I used Skill Swap Delphox.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Has anyone been able to defeat Empoleon without Skill Swap? I used Skill Swap Delphox.
I beat it using an Unaware tera fire Skeledirge. Calm nature and maxed out special defense and HP. Torch Song, Sunny Day (prevents freezing), Slack Off, and Protect (to live the turn where abilities are ignored). Held a Shell Bell for HP recovery.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So Poliwrath does do the trick

item: metronome
tera type: steel
ability: water absorb
moves: amnesia, belly drum, brick break and drain punch
max out special defense and attack stats

make sure you don't have any intimidate npcs or ones that have an increase chance of lowering Empoleon's stats.

strategy:
amnesia on first turn
belly drum next
then continuously use drain punch to heal up and keep doing damage
terastilize soon as you can, you now resist grass knot and the rest of its moves way more now
once empoleon wipes your stats repeat repeat the amnesia and belly drum set up
go back to using drain punch
by now the shield should be broken
rely on brick break once you run out of pp for drain punch

Gardevoir, Umbreon and Dudunsparce are excellent partners to have for this raid.

Luthor

I Managed to beat empleon yesterday with a steel tera Mew. I mostly acted as support using light screen, sunny day, Life dew and flash cannon. A Reshiram ally really helped. Though I will admit I the Drifblim ally that kept using will-o-wisp even once the shield was up was less than helpful for a lot of the battle. I can only assume they were new to raids or they were somehow choice item locked. So a mixed bag honestly.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I Managed to beat empleon yesterday with a steel tera Mew. I mostly acted as support using light screen, sunny day, Life dew and flash cannon. A Reshiram ally really helped. Though I will admit I the Drifblim ally that kept using will-o-wisp even once the shield was up was less than helpful for a lot of the battle. I can only assume they were new to raids or they were somehow choice item locked. So a mixed bag honestly.
Are you sure it was a player rather than one of the AI partners? I do recall there was a NPC who does have a Will-o-wisp Drifblim

Luthor

Are you sure it was a player rather than one of the AI partners? I do recall there was a NPC who does have a Will-o-wisp Drifblim

I can confirm as I was the host of that raid. So I saw them join remotely before i started the raid and while there was still slots and before some of the other partners including iron hands.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For the series of Kanto starters Mightiest raids (includes the return of Charizard) what would be good Pokemon for them?

Venusaur would be wrecked by Bulletproof Chesnaught which resists or is immune everything Venusaur could throw at it. Just remember to hold an Ability Shield or tech in Protect/Spiky Shield.

Everybody’s favourite ghost ape for Blastoise? It doesn’t have anything special for Fighting-types.

Missed Charizard when it first debuted but I am guessing Fairy-types would be good. Flutter Mane and Fairy Arceus look to be solid, Dachsbun can take advantage of the Fire moves with its ability but not a fan of Play Rough’s shaky accuracy.