• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Barrysun

I'm taking on Venusaur, and already I got crappy helpers. some bringing in Electric Pokemon, not knowing Venusaur has Earth Power.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
YO BOOSTED HERBA MYSTICA DROPS

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Defeated Venusaur with Bulletproof Chesnaught with Swords Dance, Seed Bomb and Spiky Shield holding a Shell Bell, not sure about the last move as among the ones Chesnaught learns none really speak out to me (Leech Seed? Trailblaze?). Spiky Shield is for the turn your ability gets wiped and you become briefly weak to Sludge Bomb.

Caught it with a Safari Ball, boosted Herba Mystica drops are pretty sweet

Barrysun

another failure, and the highlight is the Arceus player decided to used Judgement on my Chestnut. (plus I got a pair of Iron hands for helpers)
update! I've just captured my first Venusaur!
the main star I've founded is Malamar, I've almost forgot about one of his moves can flip Venusaur's buffs into debuffs.

Last edited:

Scovillain

I guess the best Mew for this Venusaur is a physical Ice Mew? Light Screen, then Swords Dance + Ice moves?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Venusaur would be wrecked by Bulletproof Chesnaught which resists or is immune everything Venusaur could throw at it. Just remember to hold an Ability Shield or tech in Protect/Spiky Shield.

Defeated Venusaur with Bulletproof Chesnaught with Swords Dance, Seed Bomb and Spiky Shield holding a Shell Bell, not sure about the last move as among the ones Chesnaught learns none really speak out to me (Leech Seed? Trailblaze?). Spiky Shield is for the turn your ability gets wiped and you become briefly weak to Sludge Bomb.

I did Chesnaught with Belly Drum, Drain Punch. Seed Bomb and Spiky Shield
It makes me so happy when my boy gets to be useful in a raid.

Might try it out myself tomorrow when I have time.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
What build are you guys using for Chesnaught?
Mighty Chesnaught
Careful Nature
Ability Bulletproof
Held Item Shell Bell
124 ATK
252 SP.DEF
132 SPD

Moves
Bellydrum
Drain Punch
Protect
Seedbomb

Drain Punch until it resets your stats
Protect when it removes your ability
Bellydrum
Next turn Tera and spam Seed Bomb, you'll do enough healing to out pace Venasaur's damage
Win.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Mighty Chesnaught
Careful Nature
Ability Bulletproof
Held Item Shell Bell
124 ATK
252 SP.DEF
132 SPD

Moves
Bellydrum
Drain Punch
Protect
Seedbomb

Drain Punch until it resets your stats
Protect when it removes your ability
Bellydrum
Next turn Tera and spam Seed Bomb, you'll do enough healing to out pace Venasaur's damage
Win.
Perfect thanks!

Scovillain

So I concluded I can't defeat Venusaur with a +6 Ice Mew using Ice Spinner 8x, until, time runs out.

And relying on ai partners such as Gardevoir to use Life Dew or Bellibolt to use Light Screen.

After defeating Venusaur out of it's energy shell, 2 more Ice Spinners at +6 attack still doesn't do it.

Scovillain

So I concluded I can't defeat Venusaur with a +6 Ice Mew using Ice Spinner 8x, until, time runs out.

And relying on ai partners such as Gardevoir to use Life Dew or Bellibolt to use Light Screen.

After defeating Venusaur out of it's energy shell, 2 more Ice Spinners at +6 attack still doesn't do it.
WOHOO finally got it with Ice Mew +6 attack.

The previous protocol was.

-Haze
-Venusaur uses Amnesia
-3x Mud Slap
-3x Swords Dance
-2x Ice Spinner
Venusaur resets its negative stats.
-4x Mud Slap.
-Ice Spinner until time ran out.

Instead of doing 4x or 3x Mud Slap the 2nd time around, just did Mud Slap 1x, and was lucky on the 2nd time.

On the 1st time, I got Poisoned, but had Bellibolt in the beginning doing Light Screen.

With just 1 Mud Slap, I dodged Venusaur's attack twice...

But at the end, there's a part where Venusaur attacks twice in a row. So, Venusaur used Sludge Bomb twice in a row, knocking me out.

But 2nd time...

Had Dundunsparce in my team paralyzing him after the energy shell.

On the part where Venusaur was to attack twice, it was paralyzed once, then attacked 2nd. But I was lucky to not be poisoned the 2nd time around. The sad part is, some time early on, Venusaur's Earth Power made Mew's Special Defense -1. But, after breaking it out of it's energy shell, Mew's Ice Spinner with Shell Bell healed about 100 HP instead of 70. So it being paralyzed a few times made it.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
air baloon/tera steel Hisuian Goodra got me Venusaur on my first solo, which was great, because I don't enjoy much doing raids within specific timeframes. lost Empoleon's week, which is sad, because it's one of my favorite starters.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I guess the best Mew for this Venusaur is a physical Ice Mew? Light Screen, then Swords Dance + Ice moves?
Not all Ice Types work for this. I attempted a Ice Rider Calyrex. But he got wrecked instantly because of his speed before being able to attack

Origin Forme Dialga with Aura Sphere didn't work too well. Shouldn't dragons be resistant to rock?

Last edited:

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Not all Ice Types work for this. I attempted a Ice Rider Calyrex. But he got wrecked instantly because of his speed before being able to attack

Origin Forme Dialga with Aura Sphere didn't work too well. Shouldn't dragons be resistant to rock?
Venusaur’s Tera type is he ground, so Origin Forme Dialga is weak to its Tera-powered Ground type move.

Scovillain

Oh I got it to work. Replace Light Screen with Haze. Venusaur's Growth is +2 in Sunny Day. Then, Venusaur has to use Amnesia on next turn since we're all slower in the sun. And sometimes Venusaur uses Haze twice in a row, but only after doing a Haze.
Dragons aren't resistant to Rock or Ground. But you're right if if were Rock tera, Aura Sphere woulda been super effective, but in this setting you really need stab and terastallization stab.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Oh I got it to work. Replace Light Screen with Haze. Venusaur's Growth is +2 in Sunny Day. Then, Venusaur has to use Amnesia on next turn since we're all slower in the sun. And sometimes Venusaur uses Haze twice in a row, but only after doing a Haze.

Dragons aren't resistant to Rock or Ground. But you're right if if were Rock tera, Aura Sphere woulda been super effective, but in this setting you really need stab and terastallization stab.
And yet i don't have a Ability Patch to give Chesnaught it's Bulletproof ability.

I only occasionally accept the raid challenges since i already imported all of the starters.

Scovillain

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
And yet i don't have a Ability Patch to give Chesnaught it's Bulletproof ability.

I only occasionally accept the raid challenges since i already imported all of the starters.
I do A LOT of raids, if you want I can give you an Ability Patch so you can change Chesnaught's ability.