• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We now have information on our next Mightiest Pokemon, Primarina with a Fairy Tera. Steel-types may be the preferred choice since Primarina does not get any non-Tera Blast coverage against them, hopefully it does not have a boosting move in its regular moveset like Meganium did.
Scizor, maybe?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Scizor, maybe?
That might be an option. Technician boosted STAB tera Bullet Punches could hit hard but I don’t see it being the best option.
Empoleon might work too
This is what I expect to be the best counter. It resists both water and fairy. It has access to Competitive in case there is any stat reducing shenanigans and returns the favor with STAB Flash Cannon.

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Defeated Primarina with Steel Tera Gholdengo with Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot, Recover and Protect (Modest nature, max EVs in Sp Atk and Sp Def with a Shell Bell). Despite Primarina having a good Special Defense stat Nasty Plot boosted Flash Cannon still does decent damage. Good As Gold also stumps Primarina as it tends to click Sing to no avail.

If you traded with Raifort, the Gimmighoul you get has a Steel Tera to save up on Tera Shards.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Defeated Primarina with Steel Tera Gholdengo with Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot, Recover and Protect (Modest nature, max EVs in Sp Atk and Sp Def with a Shell Bell). Despite Primarina having a good Special Defense stat Nasty Plot boosted Flash Cannon still does decent damage. Good As Gold also stumps Primarina as it tends to click Sing to no avail.

If you traded with Raifort, the Gimmighoul you get has a Steel Tera to save up on Tera Shards.
Thanks for this. I completely forgot about Goldengo. I already have one ready, so I don't have to build another Pokemon.

Scovillain

Defeated it with Scizor taking several turns, but most of them don't count.

Initially was level 92 Scizor, and to level 100, Sparkling Aria still knocks it out in 2 or 3 turns. Then changed it's personality to high SpD low SpA, was previous high Def low SpA. Then gave it 20 Zincs.

So now although I defeated Primarina, it wasn't without the help of Arboliva that had used Safeguard, as well as missing 2 Sings in a row.

Also don't see how to without either Bellibolt using Light Screen or Gardevoir's heal up.

Also I thought Primarina will reset my stats a 2nd time near it's death? Well it didn't. I think Venusaur or someone resetted your stats an extra time. I was Swords Dancing 3x.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Goldengo worked out well. I did have to rework its EVs though. Since Goldengo was one of the first raid mons I built when the game first came out, it had max Sp.A and max HP. I failed a few raids before deciding to max out its Sp. Def and then it was fine. Caught Pirimarina in a Beast Ball.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Beat it with Gholdengo

3x Nasty Plots, some juggling between Flash Cannon, Light Screen and heal cheers to get the tera charged. Nasty Plots again and then I just spammed Make it Rain.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I did mine online. One of the teammates brought a very interesting strategy: they came with a Water Absorb Araquanid and used Entertainment on nearly all teammates so Sing would heal HP.

The other teammate was the MVP using an attacking Jirachi

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
Our next 7-Star Raid is against Poison Tera Swampert. So far it looks like Psychic-types and Water Absorb Quagsire are the best options against, hopefully it will not go on a Curse or Bulk Up spamming spree like Meganium did with Curse. Main issues that many Psychic-types are not that bulky so neutral hits will still sting.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Our next 7-Star Raid is against Poison Tera Swampert. So far it looks like Psychic-types and Water Absorb Quagsire are the best options against, hopefully it will not go on a Curse or Bulk Up spamming spree like Meganium did with Curse. Main issues that many Psychic-types are not that bulky so neutral hits will still sting.
Slowbro or Slowking might be the way to go