• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Barrysun

I founded out on my first try is when I Terastllize my Pokémon, it started doing more damage to the tera Pikachu.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just took the Meowscarada I got from dex completion, used Knock Off to get rid of the Light Ball then spam STAB super effective Miracle Seed boosted Flower Tricks

I used Arboliva to solo the Pikachu raid. It was pretty easy.

Arboliva level 100. Gave it Covert Cloak to prevent paralysis from Thunder. 252 EVs in HP and SpA. The rest in Def or SpD, your choice. Mine was in Def for Iron Tail, although the SpD for Surf or Thunder might be preferable. Hyper trained in everything except Atk. I went ahead and did Speed too because why not? Moves were Giga Drain, Sunny Day, Growth, and the 4th doesn't matter. I gave it Solar Beam since I taught it Sunny Day as well but you shouldn't need it. Use PP Ups or PP Max on Giga Drain.

Opened up with Sunny Day to eliminate rain, nerf Surf, and nerf Thunder accuracy. Then used Growth 3 times. Sun = boosted Growths. Then I used Giga Drain so I could build up Tera energy but fainted before I could do it 4 times (Pikachu stole energy once). You will likely faint once so don't worry. I had to repeat the 3 Growths and continue to use Giga Drain to build up energy, but once I Terastallized it only took 4 turns to take out the shield. If your HP is fine Solar Beam would definitely speed things up since you wouldn't need to heal. Maybe you could alternate between Giga Drain and Solar Beam.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had Seed Sower as the ability for a little extra healing from the Grassy Terrain.

Did you tried to solo with those sets? I need one for after the event is done so I can farm it daily

ebevan91

Did you tried to solo with those sets? I need one for after the event is done so I can farm it daily

Yes I made that post after doing it solo. It's actually much easier doing it solo because other human players bring Pokemon to the raid that don't resist Surf sometimes and when their Pokemon faint the timer goes down fast.

ChandelureDetour

I ran basically the same Arboliva and the fourth move should be Synthesis in so you can remain healthy the whole game and so Growth boosts aren’t wasted on fainting. Soloing without a single KO is extremely easy with that extra Synthesis heal in Sun.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I soloed with my starter Meowscarda using Knock-Off and Flower Trick and holding a Miracle Seed. I only had one KO from Play Rough, and I was able to avoid any others due to a combination of luck and Terastalizing to become pure Grass-Type.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I also used Arboliva as well, it's one of my favorite support option for this as while it can't debuff (Clodsire or Gastrodon should take that role) it can still support with Seed Sower and Sunny Day, and it's bulky enough to stomach a few hits while it prepares for Grass Tera.

This raid was kind of nice for me as it was fun to have all the Grass types people were running for this. I've seen and heard of Gogoat, Arboliva, Appletun, Frapple, Meowscarda, and even Sawsbuck all being used to success for this.

ebevan91

I ran basically the same Arboliva and the fourth move should be Synthesis in so you can remain healthy the whole game and so Growth boosts aren’t wasted on fainting. Soloing without a single KO is extremely easy with that extra Synthesis heal in Sun.

I didn't even think about Synthesis. I should probably switch out Solar Beam for that since I've rarely used it anyways.

Copley Hill Gym

I've seen some daft playing by players in this particular raid. If you have a clodsire there (like mine) it is obviously being used to create specific support by way of dropping the Pikachu's special defence so that the special grass users can terastalize, then knock it out of the park with solar beam or similar.

However I have seen people just point blank refuse to terastalise their grass types and then lose the rest of the team that match. Who does that benefit?

Also, shout out to the Garchomp user who used earthquake on my clodsire. Repeatedly. What the hell? Why?

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yes I made that post after doing it solo. It's actually much easier doing it solo because other human players bring Pokemon to the raid that don't resist Surf sometimes and when their Pokemon faint the timer goes down fast.

Nice to hear. I have one in my in-game team so I guess that's the one I'm using.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yep tried yesterday and it went well though if you have the patience, I’d reset for an Intimidate teammate.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Here is my video covering the first success at it! I was using Gogoat. Be warned though: there are some not-so-nice remarks about people using Meowscarada.

Play Rough only did ~45% after the Light Ball was Knocked Off, I had a teammate who spammed the Defense boosting cheers ASAP, and there were 2 Arboliva who had Strength Sap to weaken its physical attacks. I probably got lucky with cooperative teammates but Knock Off Toedscruel should be good. And, yes, you still do keep the Light Ball afterwards!

I see, so this is a Pokémon that needs to be supported via Defense boosts. This is the first I've ever seen anyone recommend a "glass cannon" kind of Pokémon to a 7-star Tera Raid Battle, but then again, the Pikachu one features is the glassiest of glass cannons so far.

Also, shout out to the Garchomp user who used earthquake on my clodsire. Repeatedly. What the hell? Why?
You likely encountered a griefer. They're rare, but they do turn up from time to time.

Copley Hill Gym

Meowscarada can absolutely tank the Pikachu raid, provided it has the support it requires (e.g. heal up and the defensive version plus repeated dropping of Pikachu's special defenses by clodsires). I have seen one knock it out in one shot - but that was after we as a team (without communication between us!) managed to virtually set it up to knock it out by just playing the support roles.

Honestly, I think the grass types have nailed this - Arboliva, Meowscarada, Lurantis, Gogoat - and for support, Clodsire with water absorb is literally the best one you can find.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
@ebevan91 tried the Arboliva set and it did the trick nicely. Thanks for the suggestion.

Had to pass Synthesis to him via mirror herb. I was going for Strenght Sap but it doesn't work on shields.

Battle flows nicely. Thankfully Pikachu doesn't reset stats (at least it didn't pull that trick in the ones I've done so far).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I ****ing hate seven star raids!
Unfair bullshit is what it is!
Hate the brain dead idiot that decided to lock the legends behind it

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If you’re talking about the new paradox Pokémon, they are 5-star raids so they’ll be manageable.

ebevan91

PSA: The grass Pokemon you used in the Pikachu raid will EVISCERATE Walking Wake.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like you only get 1 of the new Paradox mons per save file. So if that is indeed the case, you'll need to either trade or join a raid in the opposite version to get both. I managed the latter and caught Iron Leaves natively and joined a Walking Wake raid to snag them both. They're 5 Star, so it's not terribly hard but they're not a cakewalk either, you should bring something high level (like, Lv. 80+) that's SE against them.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I would assume Storm Drain Gastrodon would be effective too. It would be immune to Surf and all of its electric attacks as well as being able to withstand Iron Tail if it had the move. Gastrodon would have to look out for Trailblaze or Grass Knot, however.

Other possible moves it may know: Play Rough, Brick Break, Reversal, Fake Out & possible dual screens.
Arboliva is a good choice too. Especially if you have it run strength sap

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
They are actually regular 5-Star Raid Pokemon, not sure why people are saying the Grass-types used for Pikachu are great against Waking Wake when it knows Flamethrower (Appletun and Flapple will not like Dragon Pulse). For Iron Leaves a strong Ghost-type would be best (Unaware Skeldirge and Gholodengo seem to be the best).