• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Gallade level 100-Grass tera type-Sharpness

Holding Expert Belt

Swords Dance and Leaf Blade

Got it on the first go for Walking Wake.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
not sure why people are saying the Grass-types used for Pikachu are great against Waking Wake when it knows Flamethrower
Any pokémon you used against on a 7* is likely level 100 and these ones now are level 75... Even against Sunny Day + Flamethrower, I just spammed Giga Drain with Arboliva and the fight was quickly over.
When you have 25 levels of advantage there's no need to strategize or anything like that.

ebevan91

They are actually regular 5-Star Raid Pokemon, not sure why people are saying the Grass-types used for Pikachu are great against Waking Wake when it knows Flamethrower (Appletun and Flapple will not like Dragon Pulse). For Iron Leaves a strong Ghost-type would be best (Unaware Skeldirge and Gholodengo seem to be the best).

I've done the Walking Wake multiple times and it only ever used Flamethrower once (on my Arboliva) and it didn't even take my HP out of the green and I'd already taken some damage too. Also that was under Sunny Day.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
They are actually regular 5-Star Raid Pokemon, not sure why people are saying the Grass-types used for Pikachu are great against Waking Wake when it knows Flamethrower (Appletun and Flapple will not like Dragon Pulse). For Iron Leaves a strong Ghost-type would be best (Unaware Skeldirge and Gholodengo seem to be the best).
Maybe not appletun and flapple but arboliva and lurantis definitely are. That's how I beat it

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I used Meowscarada and Grimmsnarl for these fights and one easily

Pokemon Power

Man, Iron Leaves is extremely difficult to topple! Especially when it uses Psyblade!! My Ceruledge should be standing up to that move since it's part Ghost-type, but it always knocks her out without the "Not very effective" prompt!! Even with assistance from other players online, and constantly using EXP candies to raise the level of my Pokemon, I can't defeat it!!!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Man, Iron Leaves is extremely difficult to topple! Especially when it uses Psyblade!! My Ceruledge should be standing up to that move since it's part Ghost-type, but it always knocks her out without the "Not very effective" prompt!! Even with assistance from other players online, and constantly using EXP candies to raise the level of my Pokemon, I can't defeat it!!!
I recommend trying to wipe away Electric Terrain, it gets a 50% damage boost with it active.

If solo, try to get the Arboliva NPC on your team, nullifies it pretty well.

Pokemon Power

I recommend trying to wipe away Electric Terrain, it gets a 50% damage boost with it active.

If solo, try to get the Arboliva NPC on your team, nullifies it pretty well.
Finally beat it. Man, that took many tries. I'm thinking about waiting until next time this type of event happens to go after Walking Wake.

ShadowForce720

For those of you still having trouble with Walking Wake and Iron Leaves here are two builds I found on YouTube that actually work:

Against Walking Wake:

Lurantis:
Level:100
Nature: Modest(Sp.Attack+, Attack-)
Ability: Contrary
Terra type: Grass
Max EV’s in Special Attack, and HP
Held Item: Shell Bell
Move set:
Synthesis
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

Against Iron Leaves:

Forretress:
Nature: Adament(Attack+,Sp.Attack-)
Ability: Sturdy
Terra type: Bug
Max EV’s in Attack, and HP
Held Item: Leftovers
Move set:
Reflect
Ice Spinner
Curse
Bug Bite

Also when it came to Lurantis and Forretress I did Hyper Train all their stats.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I had to do a lot of runs for a second win against Iron Leaves.

The main problem is that it needs very specific coordinated play to beat.

I've tried a support Armarouge with Will-o-wisp and Reflect. In my final run, I had to resort to using Taunt so it doesn't get Sword Dances off.

But it's like super complicated. One way to deal with the terrain is using another but... Grass and Psychic boost its STABs so it's not a good trade off. And most Ice Spinner users are weak to either Leaf Blade, Psyblade or Megahorn.

And with the dumb shields and status wipe it can heal off burn and with shields up, we can try it again unless relying on stuff like Flamethrower

I was looking at bulbapedia and a support Scizor with Defog might be a good bet since it resists the 3 main attack moves and Defog gets rid of terrain (and the Quark Drive boost) but I'd say an ally with taunt, reflect and will-o-wisp would still be the most optimal.

Forretress:
Nature: Adament(Attack+,Sp.Attack-)
Ability: Sturdy
Terra type: Bug
Max EV’s in Attack, and HP
Held Item: Leftovers
Move set:
Reflect
Ice Spinner
Curse
Bug Bite

Now that's an interesting set. Ice Spinner gets rid of terrain and Reflect boost defense.

Shame it doesn't learn leech life for sustaining.

But looking at the moveset, Payback seems like a good way to attack it since it doubles base power from going last since it's so slow.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Has this happened to anyone else?

During the Iron Leaves raid, its stats will suddenly jump from 0 to +6 WITHOUT using Sword Dance. I've seen this happen in my own solo raids and in online raids with other people. I initially chalked it up to lag when it came to online, but it shouldn't do that when I'm offline, so I think this is a bug. Its attack literally goes from 0 to +6 in one turn, with no animation or dialogue relaying this information to the player. Has anyone else experienced this?

ChandelureDetour

Has this happened to anyone else?

During the Iron Leaves raid, its stats will suddenly jump from 0 to +6 WITHOUT using Sword Dance. I've seen this happen in my own solo raids and in online raids with other people. I initially chalked it up to lag when it came to online, but it shouldn't do that when I'm offline, so I think this is a bug. Its attack literally goes from 0 to +6 in one turn, with no animation or dialogue relaying this information to the player. Has anyone else experienced this?
Iron Leaves used Sword dance on everyone else except you. The messages isn’t displayed if the move is used against someone else. Sometimes the raid Pokemon may use a move when at a certain point of HP or the timer.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Iron Leaves used Sword dance on everyone else except you. The messages isn’t displayed if the move is used against someone else. Sometimes the raid Pokemon may use a move when at a certain point of HP or the timer.
That honestly seems like a design flaw... then again this game has lots of design flaws, so what's one more? Thanks for the clarification

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wonder what the counter will be, rock types are out because of leaf blade and leaf storm being likely.

So we're looking at an electric type that can build up power and then try to one shot.

ebevan91

Wonder what the counter will be, rock types are out because of leaf blade and leaf storm being likely.

So we're looking at an electric type that can build up power and then try to one shot.

I wonder if it'll use Rain Dance/Hurricane. Yes Decidueye can learn Rain Dance. It has a good 100 special attack to pair with its 107 physical attack.

ShadowForce720

Miraidon would probably be good here. Also here is a list of available Electric type mons:
Pichu line(Electric)
Magnemite line(Electric/Steel)
Voltorb line(Electric)
Jolteon(Electric)
Mareep line(Electric)
Shinx line(Electric)
Pachirisu(Electric)
Rotom(Electric/(Ghost/Grass/Ice/Fire/Flying))
Tynamo line(Electric)
Dedenne(Electric/Fairy)
Toxel line(Electric/Poison)
Pincurchin(Electric)
Pawmi line(Electric - - ->Electric/Fighting)
Tadbulb line(Electric)
Wattrel line(Electric/Flying)
Sandy Shocks(Electric/Ground)
Iron Hands(Electric/Fighting)
Iron Thorns(Rock/Electric)
Miraidon(Electric/Dragon)

Also Steel and/or Dragon types also might be good here.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Miraidon would probably be good here. Also here is a list of available Electric type mons:
Pichu line(Electric)
Magnemite line(Electric/Steel)
Voltorb line(Electric)
Jolteon(Electric)
Maree line(Electric)
Shine line(Electric)
Pachirisu(Electric)
Rotom(Electric/(Ghost/Grass/Ice/Fire/Flying))
Tynamo line(Electric)
Dedenne(Electric/Fairy)
Toxel line(Electric/Poison)
Pincurchin(Electric)
Pawmi line(Electric - - ->Electric/Fighting)
Tadbulb line(Electric)
Wattrel line(Electric/Flying)
Sandy Shocks(Electric/Ground)
Iron Hands(Electric/Fighting)
Iron Thorns(Rock/Electric)
Miraidon(Electric/Dragon)

Also Steel and/or Dragon types also might be good here.

Toxtricity might be a good choice. It resists grass, flying, and fighting if it has a fighting move. If it doesn't have a fighting move I might try a Magnezone as well.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Already have Miraidon, Belibolt and Iron Hands built up but I am not sure who to use. Miraidon and Belibolt both have Parabolic Charge for self healing but Belibolt’s main advantage is Acid Spary can still debuff through the shield (whereas Metal Sound from Miraidon gets blocked).