• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Miraidon would probably be good here. Also here is a list of available Electric type mons:
Pichu line(Electric)
Magnemite line(Electric/Steel)
Voltorb line(Electric)
Jolteon(Electric)
Mareep line(Electric)
Shinx line(Electric)
Pachirisu(Electric)
Rotom(Electric/(Ghost/Grass/Ice/Fire/Flying))
Tynamo line(Electric)
Dedenne(Electric/Fairy)
Toxel line(Electric/Poison)
Pincurchin(Electric)
Pawmi line(Electric - - ->Electric/Fighting)
Tadbulb line(Electric)
Wattrel line(Electric/Flying)
Sandy Shocks(Electric/Ground)
Iron Hands(Electric/Fighting)
Iron Thorns(Rock/Electric)
Miraidon(Electric/Dragon)

Also Steel and/or Dragon types also might be good here.
In terms of resist, Miraidon, Toxtricity, Magnezone, Belibolt, and certain Rotom forms are the big ones that stand out as they have two resists to its potential attacks. Of those, Miraidon is looking the best as looking at its movepool it doesn't have any Ice, Dragon, or Fairy type moves it could run so basically the only thing it'd fear is Ghost moves, it can use Metal Sound to lower SpDef, and it provides some nice support in setting Electric Terrain. Magnezone and Belibolt also could do well here in a similar way, though Magnezone has to worry about the potential Fighting move. Toxtricity could be good as it can also support with Acid Spray or Screech, you just have to watch its health as its bulk is not the best, and Rotom I'm not as sure on, but could have potential since it does get Nasty Plot.

One funny thing you could do is run two Luxrays to automatically cut its attack down by -2 at the start of the match, but if it runs Hurricane and/or other special moves that's probably not going to do much.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Cool, we get a Decidueye. I hope I can just use the same Iron Hands I had built for post-game raids. I'm too lazy to train new Pokemon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Kind of hurts that the grass starter getting a raid on my birthday isn't Chesnaught but I was betting on Decidueye being next.

I've been thinking about potential counters. Hopefully it won't have anything knocks Iron Hands out

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Decidueye might have Low Sweep (the one Fighting move that isn't exclusive to the Hisuian form), so in anticipation of it being able to fight off Steel types, I think I will use my generational favorite Bellibolt.

Bellibolt has great support with Reflect and Chilling Water, and can boost itself with Charge Beam and Electromorphosis. Plus, it has pretty good bulk and resists Flying moves of course. As for what my full moveset will be, it sort of depends if it gets Double Team. Greninja had that probably because of it's low Defenses, but it's not impossible for Decidueye to have it. Also, would Decideye have Brave Bird even with the recoil damage, or would they settle with Hurricane with an only slightly lower Sp. Attack. It could even set up on its free turn with Rain Dance.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Out of curiosity, did anyone had success doing a solo run on Walking Wake? What strat did you use?

I plan on battling it daily between the 13th and Decidueye's raid day

ShadowForce720

You know when it comes to the seven star raids that have the Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark, they have this in common:

So far they have all been starters

- Their Terra type does not match any if their existing types

-Their Terra type hasn’t been used as a terra for a previous seven star raid

-They can learn a off move of their terra type that isn’t Terra Blast.

So the seven star raids so far have been the following:

Charizard(Fire/Flying) Terra type: Dragon

Cinderace(Fire) Terra type: Fighting

Greninja(Water/Dark) Terra type: Poison

Pikachu (Electric) Terra type: Water

Decidueye(Grass/Ghost) Terra type: Flying

So this means the remaining types that haven’t been used as Terra types for the seven star raids are the following:

Normal
Bug
Grass
Ground
Rock
Steel
Psychic
Dark
Ghost
Fairy
Electric
Ice
Fire

The following starters that are currently programmed in the haven’t been used for a seven star raid yet are the following:

Eevee(Normal)
Typhlosion(Fire)
Samurott(Water)
Chesnaught(Grass/Fighting)
Delphox(Fire/Psychic)
Rillaboom(Grass)
Inteleon(Water)
Hisuian Decidueye(Grass/Fighting)
Hisuian Typhlosion(Fire/Ghost)
Hisuian Samurott(Water/Dark)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
While themetically fitting Flying Tera Decidueye is one you can technically get without burning Tera Shards once you start breeding off the one from the raid (minus the Mightiest Mark). If you hatch a Rowlet with a Flying Tera type it retains the Tera type even after it evolves into Decidueye, unlike the other Mightiest Pokemon where you do have to use Tera Shards to replicate.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lvl 100 Gallade with Grass Tera Type, Sharpness, holding a Expert Belt and just spammed Swords Dance and Leaf Blade.

Thanks. Might give this set a try

I assume EV spread is the usual 252 HP 252 Atk, right?

A lvl 100 Arboliva spamming Giga Drain soloes no problem.

Despite the thing spamming sun powered Flamethrower? Is any set up move (like growth) necessary or just Giga Drain from turn 1?

Depending on the set, I might use the one I have in the "in-game" team

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast

Despite the thing spamming sun powered Flamethrower? Is any set up move (like growth) necessary or just Giga Drain from turn 1?

Depending on the set, I might use the one I have in the "in-game" team
With a Lv 100 Pokemon you should have no trouble soloing that raid, a 25 level advantage covers a lot of sins. I solo'd Walking Wake with the Toadscruel I built for the Pikachu raid even though it was at a type disadvantage. Flamethrower's got nothing on an over leveled salad topping!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks.

Yesterday I've tried Arboliva and after getting lucky with the the AI partners paralyzing it, I managed to one shot it with a +6 Giga Drain (not sure if landing a critical hit factored though)

Beloberto

Bug Catcher

I used the same Arboliva I had on my in-game team, so its EV are the usual mess that you would expect from a pokémon you train normally and its IV are mostly just Decent (SpA is "Very good").

HP/SpA EV would be ideal, but really, as long as it is on level 100 it should be enough. Arboliva is naturally bulky enough to not be OHKO by Flamethrower + Sunny Day and Giga Drain will fully replenish its HP every round, so it should be nearly impossible to lose.
Remember this is a 5* raid, so the enemy is level 75. If you have pokémon on level 100, type advantage should be enough.

Only after replying I saw you already did it.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Don't know if i ever find it again but does anyone have a strategy for Goodra with Fighting Terastal form? My Florges seemed great in theory but Goodra had Sludge Bomb in it's arsenal.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Don't know if i ever find it again but does anyone have a strategy for Goodra with Fighting Terastal form? My Florges seemed great in theory but Goodra had Sludge Bomb in it's arsenal.
Sounds like Slowbro spamming Amnesia, Nasty Plot and then Stored Power with Psychic Tera Type is the way to go.

Pokefan_1987

Sounds like Slowbro spamming Amnesia, Nasty Plot and then Stored Power with Psychic Tera Type is the way to go.
Is there any alternative to nasty plot. I dont have that Nasty Plot ?

Last edited:

ChandelureDetour

Is there any alternative to nasty plot. I dont have that Nasty Plot ?
Just use Espartha with Lumina Crash, Calm Mind and Roost. The ability should probably be Opportunist. Equip a Shell Bell so you don’t have to heal often. Began the raid by using Calm mind once or twice then spam Lumina Crash. Once it resets your stats repeat the Calm mind and Lumina Crash again.

Pokefan_1987

Just use Espartha with Lumina Crash, Calm Mind and Roost. The ability should probably be Opportunist. Equip a Shell Bell so you don’t have to heal often. Began the raid by using Calm mind once or twice then spam Lumina Crash. Once it resets your stats repeat the Calm mind and Lumina Crash again.
What levels are recommended for Espathra, normally i didn't add it to my pokedex early on use it since it's design is so damn ridiculous? Most bosses i defeated are level 75

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I've planned a support Magnezone with Dual Screens, Screech or Metal Sound, and Helping Hand to help for a OHKO strategy with a Miraidon user. I suppose if you really want to attack during the Tera Shield phase, you can drop one of the screens or Helping Hand for Discharge, which has a really decent 30% chance to paralyze which bypasses the shield effects.