• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

ChandelureDetour

What levels are recommended for Espathra, normally i didn't add it to my pokedex early on use it since it's design is so damn ridiculous? Most bosses i defeated are level 75
Espartha is one of the best Psychic types in the game. Investing into Hp and Sp.Atk EV gives it the power to survive any Fighting and Poison raids fairly effortlessly. Lumina Crash is a broken move exclusive to Espartha and harshly lowers opponents Sp.def even under a barrier. Any raid that is at least hit neutral by Psychic has Espartha perform great in.

My Espartha
Ability : Opportunist/Speed boost
Item : Shell Bell (Very good source of healing for raids)
EV 252Sp.ATK/252HP/4Def
Moves : Lumina Crash, Stored Power, Roost/Reflect, Calm mind.

Stored Power works great with Opportunist/Speed boost and Calm mind for high damage after 3 Lumina Crashes as set up. My turn order is always Calm mind, Lumina Crash x3 then switch to stored power if Opportunist activated or you Calm mind twice. Shell bell keeps you so healthy Roost is only optional if you can’t out heal the bosses damage. Reflect helps cover your Physical weakness and Calm mind keeps your Sp.Def high allowing you to play aggressive the entire game.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
That Goodra with fighting type has not appeared again. But does anyone have a consistent strategy against Iron Leaves (Paradox Virizion) I really hate the insane ammount of coverage it has.
It's really odd that a psychic type can survive shadow balls from a skeledirge who is part ghost that has several torch song boosts before hand.

My scizor can barely survive 3 rounds before dying since my allies don't always know what they are doing.
I've even tested my Mimikyu who has a Dark Terastal type that would be a natural counter can barely put a dent on this boss.

Last edited:

ChandelureDetour

That Goodra with fighting type has not appeared again. But does anyone have a consistent strategy against Iron Leaves (Paradox Virizion) I really hate the insane ammount of coverage it has.
It's really odd that a psychic type can survive shadow balls from a skeledirge who is part ghost that has several torch song boosts before hand.

My scizor can barely survive 3 rounds before dying since my allies don't always know what they are doing.
I've even tested my Mimikyu who has a Dark Terastal type that would be a natural counter can barely put a dent on this boss.
Armarouge
Ability : Flash Fire (Don’t use weak armor)
Item : Shell Bell
EV : 252HP/252Def/4Sp.Atk
Moves : Clear Smog, Acid Spray, Lava Plume, Iron Defense or Will o wisp. Burns help keep teammates alive and Clear Smog removes the Sword dance buffs (Also removes Acid Spray Debuffs).

Scizor
Ability : Technician
Item : Shell Bell
EV : 252HP/252Atk or Def /4Atk or Def (I used HP252/Atk252/Def4)
Moves : Fury Cutter, Iron Defense, Sword Dance, Filler move. Fury Cutter becomes a 160 power damaging move after 3 uses which is how long it takes to terastylize. Becoming pure bug or steel leaves you more vulnerable. This Scizor set works great solo but working with teammates can drag it down and not let it finish in time. Heal Cheers and Shell Bell keep you in green most the game and you survive all attacks even at when Iron Leaves is maxed. Remember Fury Cutter loses power if you don’t use it consecutively so you should Iron defense at the start. With Technician Fury Cutter’s damage should be 80, 80, 160. With some luck and good teammates this should win.

Don’t forget about defense cheers if you don’t have an Ai teammate.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Tomorrow's the day for Decidueye

Going to see if Toxtricity is the way to go.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Ten minutes until Dicidueye. I wonder if they'll give it something tricky to cover its lack of coverage for electric types. As things are looking right now, this might be one of the easier 7-star raids.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Ten minutes until Dicidueye. I wonder if they'll give it something tricky to cover its lack of coverage for electric types. As things are looking right now, this might be one of the easier 7-star raids.
Honestly I don't see how, since Decidueye doesn't know a single ground type move.

It will only be a threat if it starts to spam Nasty Power, Energy Ball or Leaf Storm.

EDIT: Its happening, move set includes

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Defeated and caught Decidueye, compared to Cinderace, Greninja and Pikachu there is no major "gimmick" to its fight and decent bulky Electric-types not weak to any of its moves should be able to handle it. Watch out for Feather Dance however if you run physical attackers, found Belibolt to work best as it is not as heavy as Miraidon (so takes less damage from Low Kick).

It does get Swords Dance but isn't spam happy with it compared to Cinderace.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I got my Decidueye- it hurt me a little to put it in a Friend Ball, because everybody is going to put it in a Friend Ball, but it's just too perfect.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I got my Decidueye- it hurt me a little to put it in a Friend Ball, because everybody is going to put it in a Friend Ball, but it's just too perfect.
Same. I didn't want to use any of the Apricorn Balls unless there's an easier way to obtain them outside of bidding. But as you've said, Decidueye and the Friend Ball are made for each other. I just had to.

On a related note, I defeated it using a build I found. It's a Lv.100 Miraidon holding a Terrain Extender.
Turn 1-3: Metal Sound
Turn 4: Charge
Turn 5: Electro Drift (OKHO'd it immediately in this turn)

This strategy doesn't really work well once it puts up its shield. So I quit the battle a few times until I got it right.

I think Bellibolt works better. But I'm too lazy to make a new build. I just went with what I already had and make a few adjustments where necessary.

Barrysun

I've failed to beat Decidueye but haven't giving up yet. most of the problems my teammates kept getting KOed. (even with a team of Iron hands (including myself) and Miraidon I still haven't beaten him yet.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
So level 100 Bellibolt, with Assault Vest and just spam Parabolic Charge. After the shield breaks, use Acid Spray and then finish with another Parabolic Charge.

Just got Decidueye this way.
I got inspired by your strategy. And used Bellibot as well. I went and maxed out special attack and HP. Spray then spam parabolic charge. It’s shield goes up then spray again then spam parabolic charge.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Nest Ball is where its at.

EDIT: Its really cool getting to see Decidueye fly in-game.
I admittedly considered the Nest Ball, since it also fits and has the advantage of NOT being a friggin one-per-game apricorn ball, but Friend Ball won in the end. (It does look cool while flying, I liked that about LA, Decidueye flew a lot in that game)

Pokefan_1987

Miraidon isn't working for me. He's still stuck with Dragon Tera Type (don't have any electric ones)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Miraidon isn't working for me. He's still stuck with Dragon Tera Type (don't have any electric ones)
Did you trade away the “alpha” Miraidon (a.k.a the big meanie) that you catch in Area Zero? That one has a default Tera type of Electric unlike your ride one whose default Tera type is Dragon.

Pokefan_1987

I never knew he could he catched, i used a master ball on a iron valiant instead of evil miraidon or the 4 legendaries of ruin.
Never mind i caught him: the winning team was 3 Miraidon's and 1 Gholdengo. I spammed a few Metal Sounds and i suspect the Miraidon's were level 100 compared to my level 83.
I also lasted longer by giving a Covert Cloak to not suffer from Feather Dance's negative attacks.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Yep, you can beat it in solo player fairly easily with Bellibolt. The only portion of the fight that can be a problem is after the shield is up there is flurry of attacks between you setting Acid Spray again and being able to use Parabolic, but as long as you survive this round the fight has 0 difficulty.
Used Float Stone as a held item, so Leaf Blade was the only attack that could do some damage.

Went with Dusk Ball since I only have one Friend Ball and that one is saved for Caterpie (even though we know with 99,9999% certainty it will not be added in the DLC).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So level 100 Bellibolt, with Assault Vest and just spam Parabolic Charge. After the shield breaks, use Acid Spray and then finish with another Parabolic Charge.

Just got Decidueye this way.

Assault Vest?

*Checks the moveset*

Ah, it's because of Air Cutter... Still this move has a higher crit chance so isn't that an issue?

Just used Miraidon for an easy win. Didn't even need any other players. Now to wait for the better Alola starters

Hopefully we Koraidon gang will get a time to shine in one of those.

Used Float Stone as a held item, so Leaf Blade was the only attack that could do some damage.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll build one with this item.