• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I never knew he could he catched, i used a master ball on a iron valiant instead of evil miraidon or the 4 legendaries of ruin.
Never mind i caught him: the winning team was 3 Miraidon's and 1 Gholdengo. I spammed a few Metal Sounds and i suspect the Miraidon's were level 100 compared to my level 83.
I also lasted longer by giving a Covert Cloak to not suffer from Feather Dance's negative attacks.
I pretty much had the same raid team the only difference was bellibolt for gholdengo.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I never knew he could he catched, i used a master ball on a iron valiant instead of evil miraidon or the 4 legendaries of ruin.
If you didn't caught the second Miraidon, it will just respawn on the same location once every day. Just go back and you can catch it.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
If you didn't caught the second Miraidon, it will just respawn on the same location once every day. Just go back and you can catch it.
Any suggestions for team composition for how to catch it? I'm not sure about how to trap into hypnosis or other traps so it becomes easier to catch....and before you suggest it, Timer Balls always seem to fail when try to use correctly.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Any suggestions for team composition for how to catch it? I'm not sure about how to trap into hypnosis or other traps so it becomes easier to catch....and before you suggest it, Timer Balls always seem to fail when try to use correctly.
I don't know about making it easier to catch, but Palossand would be a great pick to stall the fight while you throw your balls. It is immune to 3 moves Miraidon has and resists the last one (plus it can also heal with Shore Up). It can probably survive Miraidon for as long as you need to catch it.

ShadowForce720

When it came to the Decidueye I caught I put it in a Moon Ball, sure it doesn’t evolve via Moon Stone but Owls are generally associated with night.

Copley Hill Gym

I keep saying this, but Tera raids are the worst part of S/V. Particularly online ones. I really don’t enjoy losing when helpless. It’s not a game at that point but a slog.

Decidueye is really taking the proverbial here with its setup and sheer number of moves. I saw FOUR attacks in a row this morning which wiped out my Miraidon.

Pokefan_1987

For anyone who has not caught Decidueye, there is a reason it is difficult. Decidueye is level 100. Most raids like Walking Wake (Suicune) and Iron Leaves (Virizion) were level 75

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I keep saying this, but Tera raids are the worst part of S/V. Particularly online ones. I really don’t enjoy losing when helpless. It’s not a game at that point but a slog.

Decidueye is really taking the proverbial here with its setup and sheer number of moves. I saw FOUR attacks in a row this morning which wiped out my Miraidon.
I see a lot of people criticizing the online raids, I can’t judge those because I don’t have Switch Online. But the solo raids? While SwSh seemed to want to force you to pay for SO by having the solo raids be painfully annoying, in SV it seems like solo are much easier than multiplayer based on comments from people doing multiplayer. I do raids for fun now, something I would never thing to do in Sword.

As for Decidueye, in solo the only problem is that “four/five attacks” turn you mentioned. As long as you survive that turn, Bellibolt has no problem.
Miraidon should be even better except for Low Kick. You can try giving it a Float Stone, which will reduce LK power from 120 to 100…

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd say the trick for solo'ing Decidueye is getting lucky getting at least one of the Intimitade partners (P.Tauros, Arcanine and Staraptor).

Will-o-wisp Drifbloom helps as well

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I've been playing around with Toxtricity online. It's a surprisingly good support set for the fight as Nuzzle in the shield phase can steal away some of Decidueye's attacks if it starts to chain, Taunt in the first two turns before it puts up the shield causes it to not get off its Swords Dance, and Acid Spray lowers its Special Defense for all of the Bellibolts and Miraidons running around. Its typing also gives it decent bulk from most of its attacks so the only thing it has to worry about is Spirit Shackle and I found a Sitrus Berry can help in tanking a couple of those. It's pretty good here, especially since it is easy to not pull off the OHKO every time.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
For anyone who has not caught Decidueye, there is a reason it is difficult. Decidueye is level 100. Most raids like Walking Wake (Suicune) and Iron Leaves (Virizion) were level 75
For the record, every 7-star Tera Raid Battle Pokémon is at Level 100. It's strongly recommended your Pokémon be Level 100 as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not going to lie, Bellibolt isn't really doing it for me in the daily attempts at Decidueye. I can win but it's kind of requires a few reseting, specially RNG not screweing me with critical hits

So, any other options to solo it besides Miraidon (don't have it)?

ChandelureDetour

Not going to lie, Bellibolt isn't really doing it for me in the daily attempts at Decidueye. I can win but it's kind of requires a few reseting, specially RNG not screweing me with critical hits

Bellibolt still seems likes the best solo choice. If you want some variety maybe try an ice type like Glaceon or Avalugg. Both get a huge defense boost in snow and have access to solid bulk with recovery. Glaceon sounds better considering Snow Veil gives you evasion and Snow Body is a free leftovers if you use a turn on Snow.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

As the poster above me stated Bellibot with a modest nature really is the best choice. I use Acid Spray and Parabolic Charge and hold a float stone. Spray to start and Spray again after it resets its own stat drops. Bellibot might get KO’d once but after you come back terastallize and go crazy with parabolic charge. At that point each hit fully heals Bellibot. It helps to get either Tauros or Staraptor as one of the CPU teammates to cancel out the Swords Dance boost. Decidueye can be taken down quite efficiently with that strategy.

Pokefan_1987

At least the AI are smarter than Sword Shield but usually in SV you have to wait the whole day before your partners have different pokemon. You don't get a randomizer for them.

ChandelureDetour

At least the AI are smarter than Sword Shield but usually in SV you have to wait the whole day before your partners have different pokemon. You don't get a randomizer for them.
I haven’t noticed or tried this yet but apparently if you close the game and reopen it you get different teammates.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
?????
The partners are always picked at random from the 18 available options. You can enter a raid multiple times in a row and the partners will be randomly picked each time.

If you got the exact same partners twice in a row, congrats, the chances of that happening are lower than finding a shiny (nearly 1 in 5000).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
?????
The partners are always picked at random from the 18 available options. You can enter a raid multiple times in a row and the partners will be randomly picked each time.

If you got the exact same partners twice in a row, congrats, the chances of that happening are lower than finding a shiny (nearly 1 in 5000).

There was this one day where I got Arboliva trainer (Logan, I think) 4 times in a row.

Afieldofheathers

Style Points
Honestly, I got Decidueye on like, the second try if not the first, because Miraidon wasn't a complete liability for once. Bellibolt under Electric Terrain just lives any one attack Decidueye puts out and heals it back with Electromorphosis Parabolic Charge.