• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7-Star Raids - Strategies, Speculation & Discussion Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
What's the point of discussing it when we have no idea when it's coming?

It's at least two to three weeks away at this point, given we're now two raid weekends down.
Maybe....on that same delay guess If raid hiccups keeps happening frequently, then up the HOME incorporation would be delayed further.
Worst guess it wont drop until fall or winter

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Does anyone else have ideas that can defeat the dangerous Delphox that is coming?

It's going to hit hard on poison steel and fighting types.
If Home transfers opens up before Delphox is released, Heatran would dunk on it. Flash Fire gives it a Fire immunity and has resistance to Psychic and Fairy (Focus Miss is the only worry). Main niggle would be it having Flash Fire negated for a turn if you go Tera Steel.

Sadly Heatran is post-game exclusive in most of the Switch games (bar Dynamax Adventures in SWSH, you don’t have to beat Peony to be able to go to the Max Lair) and is of course not an option for those only with Scarlet/Violet. Not sure why you said Fighting as Fairy resists it (unless you meant everyone’s favourite ghost ape).

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
If Home transfers opens up before Delphox is released, Heatran would dunk on it. Flash Fire gives it a Fire immunity and has resistance to Psychic and Fairy (Focus Miss is the only worry). Main niggle would be it having Flash Fire negated for a turn if you go Tera Steel.

Sadly Heatran is post-game exclusive in most of the Switch games (bar Dynamax Adventures in SWSH, you don’t have to beat Peony to be able to go to the Max Lair) and is of course not an option for those only with Scarlet/Violet. Not sure why you said Fighting as Fairy resists it (unless you meant everyone’s favourite ghost ape).

With Home now confirmed for next week, transfers open up before Delphox so Heatran is an option for those that can transfer.

Barrysun

I do have to wonder, after the Delphox event, do they planned on doing repeats on the 7-star raids? (Unless they have another 7-star planned with a different Pokémon)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I do have to wonder, after the Delphox event, do they planned on doing repeats on the 7-star raids? (Unless they have another 7-star planned with a different Pokémon)
We’d still have Rillaboom.

Barrysun

We’d still have Rillaboom.
oh yea, I've forgoten about Rillaboom. hopefully we can get a repeat of the 7 star Pokmemon after Rillaboom gets released. (unless they are going to start doing the legendary Pokemon for 7 star raids)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
oh yea, I've forgoten about Rillaboom. hopefully we can get a repeat of the 7 star Pokmemon after Rillaboom gets released. (unless they are going to start doing the legendary Pokemon for 7 star raids)
I think they’d might do the Hisuian starters and then repeats or Legendaries.

Barrysun

I think they’d might do the Hisuian starters and then repeats or Legendaries.
not sure, since they are just regional versions of the said Pokemon and I wouldn't mind doing Charizard again since two of my save files didn't have him. (plus anyone else who are starting a new walkthrough)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
never got charizard because i refused to rush through the game just to get it

so, that would be nice to have another chance at getting it.

Barrysun

never got charizard because i refused to rush through the game just to get it

so, that would be nice to have another chance at getting it.
Let's hope we can get a 3rd chance with Charizard in the future. since by the time I've opened up two more save files for the raids, Charizard's raid was already done and Cinderace's raid was up.

Pokefan_1987

Let's hope we can get a 3rd chance with Charizard in the future. since by the time I've opened up two more save files for the raids, Charizard's raid was already done and Cinderace's raid was up.
Unless it really matters to you to get a Dragon Tera Charizard or because it's a easy to get a level 100 you'll be import one after next week HOME update on (May 30st/31st) from you other switch games. It will most likely be a default Fire Tera Type.
They did that for Walking Wake and Greninja...those didn't have different Tera Typings than their usual main element.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Unless it really matters to you to get a Dragon Tera Charizard or because it's a easy to get a level 100 you'll be import one after next week HOME update on (May 30st/31st) from you other switch games. It will most likely be a default Fire Tera Type.
They did that for Walking Wake and Greninja...those didn't have different Tera Typings than their usual main element.
I do these 7-star Tera Raid Battle events for the large amounts of Tera Shards they give out. Every time they've covered, I could stop worrying about grinding out the Tera Shards.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I use the 7-stars mostly for farming vitamins.

=======

As for the rumored Delphox fairy, maybe Ceruledge or Armarouge are viable? Looking at Delphox movesets, there's a few options. The later in particular resist to both original STABs and the tera type.

Unless it ends up getting Shadow Ball. But looking at it's moveset, it doesn't seem like it has something besides that.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
+
I use the 7-stars mostly for farming vitamins.

=======

As for the rumored Delphox fairy, maybe Ceruledge or Armarouge are viable? Looking at Delphox movesets, there's a few options. The later in particular resist to both original STABs and the tera type.

Unless it ends up getting Shadow Ball. But looking at it's moveset, it doesn't seem like it has something besides that.
I'm kicking myself for updating my game for the Paradox mon raids that ended up getting canceled and taking Chesnaught with them. I have 200-ish defense vitamins and was going to continue to farm Chesnaught until the next raid was announced, but we all know how that turned out. As for Delphox, it looks like we're getting HOME compatibility before the next 7-star, so it opens up some options.

Pokefan_1987

+

I'm kicking myself for updating my game for the Paradox mon raids that ended up getting canceled and taking Chesnaught with them. I have 200-ish defense vitamins and was going to continue to farm Chesnaught until the next raid was announced, but we all know how that turned out. As for Delphox, it looks like we're getting HOME compatibility before the next 7-star, so it opens up some options.
If you have a strong Chesnaught from your mobile app, you can import it when maintenance finishes and then speed up levels with candies

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding the 7-star raids how would you rank them difficulty wise? For me it would be:

Easy: Decidueye, Chestnaught
Medium: Typhlosion, Samurott, Cinderace
A bit difficult: Inteleon, Pikachu
Hardest: Greninja

Cannot rank Charizard as I was not able to unlock its raid on time.