• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7th Gen Nuzlocke Thread Challenge Thread!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
7th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!
Games in this gen: SM

What is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

A Nuzlocke challenge involves treating any Pokemon that you have in your party that faint 'dying', and hence said Pokemon cannot be used anymore in the challenge and must be replaced. In addition, you can only catch and use the first Pokemon you encounter in any city, town, cave or route. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances with Pokemon on that route. You complete the challenge when you beat the Champion/see the credits.

There are many other variations of such a challenge - such as having to nickname all your Pokemon (so you have a closer connection to your lost comrades) which will be used here, allowing for the first Pokemon you encounter to not include duplicates (so if you encountered a Pikipek in one route as your first Pokemon and got it and then encountered another in the next route, you can wait until a different Pokemon appears and treat that as your 'first Pokemon'), no legendaries, restriction on healing items that can be used (beyond Revives obviously) and so forth.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
  • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
  • If a Pokemon in your party faints you must box/release it and not use it anymore in your challenge.
  • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

woot21

super noob
Started a blind nuzlocke of Sun Friday, and do to work and other things haven't gotten that far. So far I've lost a Pichu, Pikipek, and Wingull. I just beat Hala and got the ride pager. My team is currently:
Kane (Torracat) 17
Yokozuna (Makuhita) 16
Trixie (Pom-Pom Oricorio) 13
Victor (Cutiefly) 14
Matilda (Zubat) 14

Planning to see where Tauros opens up besides Ten Carat Hill, and seeing if I get any other new capture chances. And before people ask how I have had 7 captures so far I'm counting each time a new name pops up, the Hau'oli Outskirts are different than Route 1. Loses happened due to Ilama's Smeargle, a wild Gumshoos, and Oricorio calling in help twice while I tried to catch it.

woot21 out dawgs

scififan21

Finally started my first Nuzlocke for this Gen. I'm doing so on Moon and currently at the Trainer's School about to take on the four traniers. I picked Litten as my starter and ended up with her being female.

Current Team:

Francis (Ledyba) Lvl: 7
Lilo (Litten) Lvl: 10

Deaths

None Yet

FallBird

I started my Pokemon Sun Nuzlocke a few days ago! Three deaths so far, but no major ones, which feels like a miracle after Wishiwashi and Lurantis. We're about to head up to Hokulani and take on Sophocles's trial.

Right now, I have:
Xenon the Primarina Lv. 34
Ray the Toucannon Lv. 33
Jony the Leafeon Lv. 33
Saul the Mudsdale Lv. 35
Adele the Drifblim Lv. 32
Tate the Pikachu Lv. 33

Currently, Tate and Adele are the ones I'm most worried about. Tate's obvious, but I'm holding out for Thunderbolt before evolving, and Adele has the worst moves imaginable. Here's hoping they both survive!

TxTrainer47

Just started my moon nuzlocke 2 deaths so far but grimer proving to be an ace

Deaths
Poplio
Pikipek

Team ATM
Grimer Lv 17
Mankey Lv 15
Yungoos Lv 15
Liligant Lv 13
Diglett Lv 13

Im playing with a type clause, Dupes/Species clause, No Refresh to heal status, but one question I have b4 I go any further would Ten Karrot hill and Ten karrot hill Farthest Hallow count as 2 different areas since since the area name pops up when entering

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Im playing with a type clause, Dupes/Species clause, No Refresh to heal status, but one question I have b4 I go any further would Ten Karrot hill and Ten karrot hill Farthest Hallow count as 2 different areas since since the area name pops up when entering

That's entirely up to you. People play both ways. You just have to decide if you want more opportunities to catch pokémon or if you want a greater challenge.

Kimi13

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I'd like to participate! Ther's no nuzlocke in french forums for Sun and Moon yet. Do we have to start some battles at some points?

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
If i would have done a blind nuzlocke when I first got the game, I would have lost the nuzlocke to Ilima's Smeargle. CURSE YOU WATER GUN

After thoroughly enjoying a regular playthrough in Sun, I've decided to tackle a Nuzlocke in Moon. I just cleared my first Grand Trial, and I've already suffered as many fatalities as my last two Nuzlockes (Red and Diamond) combined!

For my first-ever Trial against Totem Raticate, I instructed Pelt (Alolan Meowth) to lead with "Fake Out" to take advantage of the free flinch, but that didn't stop the Totem from summoning an ally Rattata. Pelt built up the power of her "Echoed Voice" while the Totem lowered her speed with "Scary Face" and her defenses with "Tail Whip." Thankfully, Rattata's Hustle Ability caused his "Quick Attack" to miss, and Pelt was able to one-shot him with her third overall "Echoed Voice." With much of Pelt's stamina reduced, I needed to get her off the field, so I relied on my partner Archer (Rowlet) to finish off the Totem. Although "Leafage" only inflicted a pitiful amount of damage on the Totem, Archer's natural bulk allowed him to survive long enough to emerge victorious.

With Normalium-Z in hand, it was time for the Grand Trial against Melemele Island Kahuna Hala, who'd given me Archer and gotten me started on the Island Challenge. Bloodlust (Zubat) defeated his Mankey with just one "Wing Attack", and her Inner Focus Ability allowed her to continue attacking even after his Makuhita struck with "Fake Out." Hala's ace, Crabrawler, boasted much greater endurance, however, and although Bloodlust withstood "All-Out Pummeling" with ease, she finally fell to a "Power-Up Punch" and "Pursuit" combination. Thankfully, my trusted starter Archer managed to end the match with "Peck."

Archer {Rowlet}
- Lv. 16, Relaxed, Overgrow, Iki Town
Cessna {Wingull}
- Lv. 16, Quiet, Hydration, Hau'oli City
Pelt {Alolan Meowth}
- Lv. 16, Bashful, Technician, Route 2
Temper {Mankey}
- Lv. 16, Calm, Vital Spirit, Route 3
Corsage {Petilil}
- Hardy, Chlorophyll, Melemele Meadow
Valkyrie {Pikipek}
- Quiet, Keen Eye, Route 1
- Fell to Rising Star Joseph's Alolan Grimer at Trainers' School
Succubus {Gastly}
- Bashful, Levitate, Hau'oli Cemetary
- Fell to a wild Alolan Rattata in Verdant Cavern
Toupé {Alolan Diglett}
- Gentle, Tangling Hair, Seaward Cave
- Fell to a wild Spearow on Route 3
Bloodlust {Zubat}
- Naughty, Inner Focus, Verdant Cavern
- Fell to Kahuna Hala's Crabrawler in Iki Town
1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family.
2.) I must nickname every Pokémon that I catch/receive.
3.) I must release every Pokémon that faints.
4.) I can catch/receive Legendaries, but never use them in battle.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
6.) I can trade strictly for the purpose of evolution and only using items obtained within this game, if any are required. I cannot perform any in-game trades.
7.) I can equip my Pokémon with any available held items, including Z-Crystals.
8.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
9.) In Rival/Trial Captain/Totem/Kahuna/E4 battles, I can only use the same number of Pokémon as the Rival/Captain/Kahuna/E4.
10.) Battles must always be set to "Set", not "Shift."
11.) The EXP Share must be turned off at all times.
12.) I cannot earn more than two Affection hearts per Pokémon using Pokémon Refresh.
13.) I cannot use Poké Pelago (aside from the obligatory introduction.)

Last edited:
Well...that run in Moon came to an unfortunate end not long after making that post. Before setting off for Akala Island, I wanted to take up Ilima on his offer for a rematch, and I approached it with WAY too much confidence. Temper's (Mankey's) "All-Out Pummeling" (from "Brick Break") failed to knock out Ilima's Gumshoos, who proceeded to annihilate Temper with a single "Breakneck Blitz." I tried to build up Pelt's (Alolan Meowth's) "Echoed Voice", but it couldn't accumulate enough power before Gumshoos flattened her with "Tackle." In order to reduce my chances of failure this time around, I've hesitantly decided to remove one of my usual Nuzlocke rules: only allowing the same number of Pokémon when battling against Rivals/Gym Leaders/Captains/Kahunas/etc. (basically anyone with a unique character sprite/model.) For example, that last Nuzlocke ended in failure because Ilima took out two of my Pokémon in a 2-VS-2 match, but this time I'll allow myself to use my entire travelling team against any opponent. So now I present: Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX.

Although I knew that I was playing it safe by leading with Hefty (Makuhita), my first Trial went even more smoothly than I expected. Hefty started with "Fake Out", allowing him to inflict a little damage on Totem Alolan Raticate without taking any in return. On the next turn, Hefty sponged "Tackle" attacks from the Totem and ally Alolan Rattata, before crushing the Alolan Rattata with a single "Brick Break." Hefty easily endured another "Tackle" from the Totem before clinching victory with one last "Brick Break."

Equipped with the Sharp Break I'd found along Route 3, Nightwing (Zubat) took down Kahuna Hala's Mankey and Makuhita using just "Wing Atttack." When Hala unleashed his ace, Crabrawler, I decided to replace Nightwing with Imago (Butterfree), since I figured that she could absorb an "All-Out Pummeling" even better than the bat. Surprisingly, Hala didnt even bother with a Z-move, instead opting to lower Imago's defense with "Leer" and then deal some neutral damage with "Pursuit." This combination couldn't stop Imago from whipping up "Gust" and firing off "Psybeam", thus earning me Fightinium Z.

Apollo {Rowlet}
- Lv. 17, Lonely, Overgrow, Iki Town
Gourmand {Alolan Rattata}
- Lv. 17, Adamant, Gluttony, Hau'oli City
Hefty {Makuhita}
- Lv. 17, Bold, Thick Fat, Route 2
Insidious {Gastly}
- Lv. 18, Serious, Levitate, Hau'oli Cemetery
Nightwing {Zubat}
- Lv. 17, Bold, Inner Focus, Verdant Cavern
Imago {Butterfree}
- Lv. 17, Serious, Compound Eyes, Melemele Meadow
Ammo {Pikipek}
- Lax, Keen Eye, Route 1
Predator {Spearow}
- Lonely, Keen Eye, Route 3
Goldilocks {Alolan Diglett}
- Hardy, Tangling Hair, Seaward Cave
- Fell to two wild Yungoos in an SOS Battle on Route 2
1.) I must catch the first Pokémon that I encounter in each Route/Area and no others. Shinies are an exception.
1a.) Duplicates Clause: I can only catch one member from each evolutionary family.
5.) I can accept gift Pokémon and use them in battle, if they are the first and only Pokémon that I obtain in that location.
6.) I can trade strictly for the purpose of evolution and only using items obtained within this game, if any are required. I cannot perform any in-game trades.
8.) I cannot use any healing items during battles (against Trainers or wild Pokémon), apart from any items held by my Pokémon at the start of the battle.
9.) Battles must always be set to "Set", not "Shift."
10.) The EXP Share must be kept off at all times.
11.) I cannot earn more than two Affection hearts per Pokémon using Pokémon Refresh.
12.) I cannot use Poké Pelago.

Last edited:
I just successfully passed my second Grand Trial in my Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX. Huzzah!

VS TOTEM WISHIWASHI
Even with a barrage of Scope Lens-boosted "Razor Leaf" attacks from Apollo (Rowlet), Totem Wishiwashi didn't go down easily. Thanks to a Sitrus Berry and "Heal Pulse" from ally Alomomola, Totem Wishiwashi managed to stay in School Form while lowering Apollo's attack with "Growl" and hitting surprinsgly hard with rain-boosted "Water Gun" blasts. Once Alomomola was defeated, however, Apollo was finally able to reduce the Totem to (the far less imposing) solo form. Apollo was fairly exhausted at this point, so I brought out Imago (Butterfree) to sweep away the Totem and ally Wishiwashi with "Silver Wind", thus earning me Waterium Z.

VS TOTEM SALAZZLE
Due to Quartz's (Carbink's) incredible dependability ever since it joined my team back at Ten Carat Hill, I felt pretty confident heading into Kiawe's Fire-type Trial at Wela Volcano Park. This confidence was quickly shaken, however, when Quartz’s first "Rock Tomb" missed Totem Salazzle completely. Although Quartz was able to immediately expel the poison from the Totem's "Toxic" thanks to the Pecha Berry I'd given it before starting the Trial, I wasn't sure Quartz could handle an onslaught from the Totem and her recently-arrived ally Salandit. Fortunately, Quartz's next two "Rock Tomb" blasts hit their mark and buried the Totem. Since the Totem had gotten off a "Torment" before being crushed, and Salandit had used "Taunt", I was forced to recall Quartz ("Rock Tomb" is the only damage-dealing move in its arsenal.) In spite of this minor setback, recently-evolved Gourmand (Alolan Raticate) made quick work of the remaining Salandit with a Silk Scarf-boosted "Hyper Fang", thus earning me Firium Z.

VS TOTEM LURANTIS
Although I managed to survive one of the Island Challenge's most intimidating Trials, Mallow's Grass-type Trial in Lush Jungle, it came at an exceptionally high cost. I decided to lead with Nightwing (Golbat), in hopes of dealing critical hits with Scope Lens-boosted "Air Cutter" strikes. Nightwing successfully eliminated Totem Lurantis's first ally, Castform, but not before "Sunny Day" was summoned to maximize the power of the Totem's "Synthesis." Fortunately, the weather changed back to normal just as the Totem summoned another ally: Trumbeak. Fearing the potential power of Trumbeak's "Rock Blast", I withdrew Nightwing in favor of Quartz (Carbink.) My plan was to crush Trumbeak as quickly as possible with "Rock Tomb"; however, things immediately went awry as Trumbeak plucked away Quartz's Sitrus Berry and the Totem utilized a hidden White Herb to unleash a single-turn "Solar Blade" that instantly reduced Quartz to rubble. RIP. Shocked and furious, I brought out Gourmand (Alolan Raticate) to obliterate Trumbeak with "Breakneck Blitz" (from "Hyper Fang") while the Totem gathered energy for another "Solar Blade." With all of the Totem's allies vanquished, I brought back Nightwing to sponge "Solar Blade" and "X-Scissor", while slowly but surely tearing away at the Totem. In a match-up that came right down to the wire, due to many missed "Air Cutter" attempts and the Totem stalling with "Synthesis", Nightwing ultimately emerged victorious, thus earning me Grassium Z.

VS ISLAND KAHUNA OLIVIA
True to his name, Plow (Mudbray) plowed right through Kahuna Olivia's entire team. Her Nosepass took Plow's "Double Kick" without much trouble, but could only inflict minimal damage with "Rock Slide" before getting flattened by "High Horsepower." Her Boldore managed to cause Plow a bit more pain with "Headbutt", but still met with the same fate after two strikes from "High Horsepower." Olivia didn't even bother ordering her Lycanroc to use a Z-move and commanded a neutral "Bite" instead. Thankfully, Plow didn't flinch and proceeded to wallop the werewolf with a single "High Horsepower", thus earning me Rockium Z.

Apollo {Rowlet}
- Lv. 28, Lonely, Overgrow, Iki Town
Gourmand {Alolan Raticate}
- Lv. 28, Adamant, Gluttony, Hau'oli City
Plow {Mudbray}
- Lv. 29, Mild, Own Tempo, Route 4
Septic {Tentacool}
- Lv. 28, Calm, Clear Body, Melemele Sea
Necromancer {Alolan Marowak}
- Lv. 28, Hasty, Lightning Rod, Wela Volcano Park
Savant {Oranguru}
- Lv. 28, Modest, Inner Focus, Lush Jungle
Ammo {Pikipek}
- Lax, Keen Eye, Route 1
Hefty {Makuhita}
- Bold, Thick Fat, Route 2
Predator {Spearow}
Dairy Queen {Miltank}
- Calm, Scrappy, Paniola Ranch
Lassie {Lillipup}
- Rash, Pickup, Route 5
Billabong {Psyduck}
- Sassy, Cloud Nine, Brooklet Hill
Aeromarine {Wingull}
- Careful, Hydration, Kala'e Bay
Supple {Igglybuff}
- Relaxed, Competitive, Route 6
Technicolor {Finneon}
- Relaxed, Swift Swim, Route 7
Crackle {Fletchinder}
- Naive, Flame Body, Route 8
Lighthearted {Luvdisc}
- Adamant, Swift Swim, Route 9
Deadwood {Phantump}
- Hasty, Natural Cure, Memorial Hill
Schnoz {Nosepass}
- Naughty, Sturdy, Akala Outskirts
Insidious {Gastly}
- Serious, Levitate, Hau'oli Cemetery
- Fell to Hau's Pikachu in Paniola Town
Imago {Butterfree}
- Serious, Compound Eyes, Melemele Meadow
- Fell to Rising Star Nicki's Miltank on Route 8
Quartz {Carbink}
- Impish, Clear Body, Ten Carat Hill
- Fell to Totem Lurantis & Ally Trumbeak in Lush Jungle
Nightwing {Golbat}
- Bold, Inner Focus, Verdant Cavern
- Fell to Savant in Lush Jungle
11.) I cannot earn more than two Affection hearts per Pokémon using Pokémon Refresh.

Last edited:
I just successfully passed my third Grand Trial in my Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX...but it came at a very high cost. :(

VS TOTEM VIKAVOLT
Just as she had done against Captain Mallow, Necromancer (Alolan Marowak) danced her way to an easy victory over Totem Vikavolt at Hokulani Observatory. Although the Totem withstood Necromancer's first "Flame Charge" surprisingly well thanks to an Occa Berry, her Lightning Rod Ability left the Totem and ally Charjabug with few options other than futile "Charge" and "String Shot." Necromancer eventually baked these bugs without sustaining any damage at all, thus earning me Electrium Z.

VS TOTEM MIMIKYU
For multiple reasons, I fully expected Acerola's Ghost-type Trial at the abandoned Thrifty Megamart to be my most terrifying Trial yet. My battle against Totem Mimikyu started out even scarier than I anticipated, with a single "Shadow Claw" instantly eliminating more than half of Tesla's (Magneton's) energy. After successfully breaking the Totem's disguise with "Flash Cannon", I withdrew Tesla to avoid certain doom. Savant's (Oranguru's) Ghost-type immunity proved to be especially beneficial, as she took zero damage from "Shadow Claw" on the switch-in, then proceeded to sponge "Sucker Punch" strikes from ally Haunter, while blasting away at the Totem with "Shadow Ball." Once Haunter was the only opponent left, I decided to bring back Tesla to finish the Trial with one last "Flash Cannon", thus me earning Ghostium Z.

VS ISLAND KAHUNA NANU
Island Kahuna Nanu, a man with a tragic backstory, taught me a couple things about tragedy during my Ula'ula Island Grand Trial. Going into this bout, I knew that my team lacked any optimal countermeasures for a Dark-type onslaught, but I thought that we could power through regardless. Things started out well enough, as Gourmand (Alolan Raticate) withstood Sableye's "Fake Out" and "Power Gem", before gnawing her way to victory with "Crunch." When Nanu sent out his Krokorok, I swapped in Plow (Mudsdale), whose Own Tempo Ability allowed him to enjoy a confusion-free power boost from "Swagger", setting the stage for an easy win with "Double Kick." Expecting a Z-move from Nanu's Alolan Persian, I brought back Gourmand, who found herself on the receiving end of a "Dark Pulse" instead. Although her "Hyper Fang" made a decent dent, Persian's "Power Gem" hit surprisingly hard, which prompted me to swap in Plow again. "Power Gem" was much less impactful against the hefty horse, and activated his held Sitrus Berry; however, "Dark Pulse" inflicted significant damage, and Persian's Fur Coat Ability rendered Plow's "Double Kick" virtually useless. As I started to panic, I called on Tesla (Magneton), while Nanu healed Persian with a Hyper Potion. With Persian's energy fully restored, Nanu finally decided to unleash a "Black Hole Eclipse", which Tesla narrowly survived thanks to its Eviolite. Although Tesla's "Flash Cannon" blasted away a sizable portion of Persian's health, I knew that Tesla wouldn't survive another attack, so I sent out Gourmand once again in hopes that she could sponge a "Dark Pulse" and finish the match. Tragically, Persian obliterated Gourmand on the very next turn. RIP. Blinded by hurt and anger, having lost the companion I'd met all the way back in Hau'oli City, I chose Plow - who promptly met with the very same fate. RIP. With the blood of two beloved teammates on my hands, and Tesla certain to join them if I sent it back out, I reluctantly called upon a fourth Pokémon: Apollo (Dartrix.) Since he was at full health, Apollo managed to survive Persian's super-effective "Power Gem" before finally bringing this bloodbath to an end with "Pluck", thus earning me Darkium Z.

Apollo {Dartrix}
- Lv. 39, Lonely, Overgrow, Iki Town
- Lv. 39, Hasty, Lightning Rod, Wela Volcano Park
Savant {Oranguru}
- Lv. 39, Modest, Inner Focus, Lush Jungle
Tesla {Magneton}
- Lv. 39, Gentle, Magnet Pull, Malie City
Fluoride {Bruxish}
- Lv. 39, Impish, Strong Jaw, Route 13
Graphite {Alolan Graveler}
- Lv. 39, Lonely, Sturdy, Route 17
Ammo {Pikipek}
- Lax, Keen Eye, Route 1
Hefty {Makuhita}
Predator {Spearow}
Dairy Queen {Miltank}
Lassie {Lillipup}
- Rash, Pickup, Route 5
Billabong {Psyduck}
Aeromarine {Wingull}
Supple {Igglybuff}
Technicolor {Finneon}
Crackle {Fletchinder}
Lighthearted {Luvdisc}
Deadwood {Phantump}
Schnoz {Nosepass}
Twinkle {Staryu}
- Docile, Illuminate, Hano Beach
Charlotte {Ariados}
- Naughty, Insomnia, Route 10
Exfoliate {Minior}
- Gentle, Shields Down, Mount Hokulani
Bamboozle {Pancham}
- Adamant, Iron Fist, Route 11
Chimney {Torkoal}
- Timid, White Smoke, Route 12
Rayovac {Charjabug}
- Relaxed, Battery, Blush Mountain
Conflux {Wishiwashi}
- Bashful, Schooling, Secluded Shore
Frigorific {Snorunt}
- Calm, Ice Body, Tapu Village
Monsoon {Magikarp}
- Calm, Swift Swim, Route 14
Locksmith {Klefki}
- Mild, Prankster, Thrifty Megamart
Coarse {Sandile}
- Naughty, Intimidate, Haina Desert
Languid {Slowpoke}
- Quiet, Oblivious, Route 15
Flatfoot {Gumshoos}
- Bashful, Stakeout, Route 16
Fovilla {Ribombee}
- Serious, Honey Gather, Ula'ula Meadow
Insidious {Gastly}
Imago {Butterfree}
Quartz {Carbink}
Nightwing {Golbat}
Septic {Tentacruel}
- Calm, Clear Body, Melemele Sea
- Fell to Team Skull Boss Guzma's Golisopod in Malie Garden
Macerate {Araquanid}
- Quirky, Water Bubble, Malie Garden
- Adamant, Gluttony, Hau'oli City
- Fell to Island Kahuna Nanu's Alolan Persian in Malie City
Plow {Mudsdale}
- Mild, Own Tempo, Route 4

Last edited:
I just successfully passed my final Trial in my Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX. Huzzah!

VS ISLAND KAHUNA HAPU
Like Nanu before her, Island Kahuna Hapu gave me a lesson in loss during my fourth and final Grand Trial. Possibly because she had just recently been chosen as Kahuna by Tapu Fini, Hapu made a show of her strength at the very start of our match, burying Fluoride (Bruxish) with a single critical-hit "Earthquake" from her Alolan Dugtrio. RIP. As I brought out Savant (Oranguru), Dugtrio whipped up "Sandstorm"; thankfully, Savant still managed to hit her mark with two "Energy Ball" blasts. Hapu continued to apply the pressure by calling upon her trusted Mudsdale next. Well aware of Mudsdale's strength and endurance, having raised one of my own during my journey, I chose this opportunity to unleash a "Bloom Doom" (from Savant's "Energy Ball"), which proved more than sufficient to fell the mighty steed. From that point forward, the momentum of the match swung drastically in my favor. I swapped in Apollo (Decidueye) when Hapu sent out Gastrodon, who seized victory with a single "Leaf Blade" strike. As Hapu's final selection, Flygon, took to the field, I chose the Pokémon who I'd trained specifically for this Grand Trial: Fovilla (Ribombee.) Between Fovilla's held Air Balloon and natural Dragon-type immunity, Flygon was unable to inflict any damage whatsoever as Fovilla boosted his stats with "Quiver Dance" and fired off a super-effective "Dazzling Geam", thus earning me Groundium Z.

VS TOTEM KOMMO-O
The heroes of my Poni Island Grand Trial proved themselves once again in my final Island Trial in Vast Poni Canyon. Admittedly, the fact that Totem Kommo-o was less experienced than Kahuna Hapu's entire team certainly worked in my favor. Although the Totem made me a little nervous by using "Protect" to waste my first turn and then immediately calling upon ally Hakamo-o, this ally ended up offering no help at all. While Hakamo-o simply boosted his own stats with "Autotomize" and "Work Up", the Totem inflicted decent (but ultimately insufficient) damage to Savant (Oranguru) with "Sky Uppercut." After two "Psychic" blasts, Savant vanquished the last Totem Pokémon on my Island Challenge. With only Hakamo-o left on the field, my victory was virtually assured, so I decided to bring out Fovilla (Ribombee) to unleash "Twinkle Tackle" (from "Dazzling Gleam") for the first time ever, thus earning me Dragonium Z.

Apollo {Decidueye}
- Lv. 51, Lonely, Overgrow, Iki Town
- Lv. 51, Hasty, Lightning Rod, Wela Volcano Park
Savant {Oranguru}
- Lv. 51, Modest, Inner Focus, Lush Jungle
Tesla {Magnezone}
- Lv. 51, Gentle, Magnet Pull, Malie City
Graphite {Alolan Golem}
- Lv. 50, Lonely, Sturdy, Route 17
Fovilla {Ribombee}
- Lv. 52, Serious, Honey Gather, Ula'ula Meadow
Ammo {Pikipek}
- Lax, Keen Eye, Route 1
Hefty {Makuhita}
Predator {Spearow}
Dairy Queen {Miltank}
Lassie {Lillipup}
- Rash, Pickup, Route 5
Billabong {Psyduck}
Aeromarine {Wingull}
Supple {Igglybuff}
Technicolor {Finneon}
Crackle {Fletchinder}
Lighthearted {Luvdisc}
Deadwood {Phantump}
Schnoz {Nosepass}
Twinkle {Staryu}
Charlotte {Ariados}
Exfoliate {Minior}
Bamboozle {Pancham}
- Adamant, Iron Fist, Route 11
Chimney {Torkoal}
Rayovac {Charjabug}
Conflux {Wishiwashi}
Frigorific {Snorunt}
Monsoon {Magikarp}
Locksmith {Klefki}
Coarse {Sandile}
Languid {Slowpoke}
Flatfoot {Gumshoos}
Incisor {Aerodactyl}
- Relaxed, Rock Head, Seafolk Village
Soggy {Gastrodon}
- Relaxed, Sticky Hold, Ancient Poni Path
Breach {Wailmer}
- Bold, Oblivious, Poni Breaker Coast
Stalwart {Boldore}
- Hardy, Sturdy, Vast Poni Canyon
Insidious {Gastly}
Imago {Butterfree}
Quartz {Carbink}
Nightwing {Golbat}
Septic {Tentacruel}
Macerate {Araquanid}
Plow {Mudsdale}
Niu {Exeggcute}
- Relaxed Chlorophyll, Poni Wilds
- Fell to two wild Tentacool in an SOS Battle at Hano Beach
Fluoride {Bruxish}
- Impish, Strong Jaw, Route 13
- Fell to Island Kahuna Hapu's Alolan Dugtrio in Vast Poni Canyon

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
So I got Pokemon Moon Version and I haven't decided what type of challenge I am going to do. Should I do a Nuzlocke, Wonderlocke, Combolocke, Monotype Challenge, or Shiny Trial Quest?

I just became the first-ever Champion of Alola and successfully completed my Moon Nuzlocke 2017 - REDUX. Huzzah!

VS ELITE FOUR HALA
In my first match at the brand-new Pokémon League atop Mount Lanakila, Fovilla (Ribombee) helped me to show Hala just how far I've come since he introduced me to Apollo (Decidueye) back in Iki Town. Making Hariyama his first pick proved to be a critical error, since Hariyama lacked any moves to effectively damage my Bug-and-Fairy buddy. Fovilla simply kept healing himself with "Roost" until Haryiama was unable to use "Close Combat" any more, then boosted his stats to the stratosphere with a series of "Quiver Dance" moves. With his speed and special powers significantly increased, Fovilla proceeded to blast away Hala's entire roster with "Dazzling Gleam." No Z-move required. Although this didn't make for the most satisfying victory, I knew that I needed to play it safe, since I still had at least three more Pokémon League matches ahead of me.

VS ELITE FOUR OLIVIA
My match against Olivia certainly wasn't the clean sweep that I enjoyed against Hala. Her Relicanth unexpectedly outsped Apollo (Decidueye) and immediately unleashed a "Yawn." Although Apollo reduced Relicanth to rubble with a single critical-hit "Leaf Blade", I had to recall him afterwards to keep him awake for the rest of the match. I took no chances with Olivia's ace, Lycanroc, and commanded Tesla (Magnezone) to fire off "Corkscrew Crash" (from "Flash Cannon") after it endured "Crunch", instantly securing my second win. Knowing that Probopass can utilize "Earth Power", I brought Apollo back onto the field, who absorbed said move and "Power Gem" before claiming victory with two "Low Sweep" strikes. Like Relicanth, Carbink fell to one critical-hit "Leaf Blade", leaving Olivia with only her Alolan Golem. I took this opportunity to give Bamboozle (Pangoro) a chance, who I'd trained specifically for my Pokémon League challenge. She inflicted sizable damage with "Hammer Arm", but found herself paralyzed by Golem's "Thunder Punch" soon after. At this point, I decided to instigate a Golem-VS-Golem brawl. Although Olivia managed to draw out this final showdown with her Full Restore supply, Graphite (Alolan Golem) eventually ended my second Elite Four match with a "Brick Break" and "Rock Blast" assault.

VS ELITE FOUR ACEROLA
Although not quite a clean sweep, my match against Acerola ended in a resounding defeat for the Ghost-type guru. After a rather unimpressive display against Olivia, Bamboozle (Pangoro) got her chance to really shine against Acerola's army of the undead. By boosting her strength with "Swords Dance" and instantly snapping out of Sableye's "Confuse Ray" with her held Lum Berry, Bamboozle was free to chomp through the competition with "Crunch." When Acerola's fast Froslass appeared, I instructed Bamboozle to strike with a priority "Bullet Punch" instead, then resumed the "Crunch" onslaught against Dhelmise and Palossand. With my victory looking certain, I decided to finally mix things up a little against Acerola's final pick, Drifblim, by bringing out Apollo (Decidueye) to close out the match with his signature "Spirit Shackle."

VS ELITE FOUR KAHILI
Continuing my seesaw-esque Elite Four experience, I endured another trickier match against Flying-type fancier Kahili. Determined to set up "Stealth Rock" with Graphite (Alolan Golem), I ended up giving Kahili's Skarmory a chance to lay down three layers of "Spikes" before finally frying him with "Thunder Punch." Thankfully, Mandibuzz missed with "Bone Rush", thus handing Graphite another victory. When Kahili uncaged her ace, Toucannon, I reluctantly withdrew Graphite in order to avoid a "Beak Blast"-induced burn, which meant Tesla (Magnezone) landed on a pile of spikes. Surprisingly, Kahili opted for "Screech" instead of "Beak Blast", after which Tesla let loose a devastating "Discharge." Less surprisingly, Kahili sent out her Baile Style Oricorio next, forcing me to make another substituion. Necromaner (Alolan Marowak) took the Fire-type "Revelation Dance" without much trouble, and even after an attack-reducing "Feather Dance", still managed to clobber Oricorio with "Shadow Bone." Fearing a super-effective "Dark Pulse" or "Shadow Ball" from Kahili's last resort, Crobat, I recalled Necromancer and brought out Graphite once again. After fighting through "Supersonic"-induced confusion, she successfully ended the match with one last "Thunder Punch."

VS PROFESSOR KUKUI
My heart sank when Bamboozle's (Pangoro's) "Bullet Punch" (boosted by her held Expert Belt and natural Iron Fist Ability) failed to OHKO Kukui's Lycanroc; thankfully, he opted for "Stone Edge" instead of "Stealth Rock" (which I had no way of removing from the field) and missed completely, allowing me to claim the first win with another "Bullet Punch." Although Alolan Ninetales's Fairy-type moves would've been devastating for Bamboozle, she had no chance of surviving a 4x-super-effective "Bullet Punch." Despite her impressive momentum, I decided to withdraw Bamboozle and leave Braviary up to Tesla (Magnezone.) One "Discharge" wasn't enough to beat the bird, so multiple turns were wasted as Kukui depleted his Full Restore supply. After Braviary finally fell, I brought back Bamboozle to absorb Snorlax's "High Horsepower" and earn another victory with "Hammer Arm." The switch-fest continued, as I sent out Necromancer (Alolan Marowak), expecting Kukui to order a Fighting-type move from Incineroar and worrying about the speed drop from "Hammer Arm." My hunch proved correct, as Incineroar utilized a useless "Cross Chop" on the Ghost-type Necromancer. Predicting that a Dark-type move would follow, I called upon Bamboozle, who easily withstood "Darkest Lariat" before lashing out with another devastating "Hammer Arm." For my final substitution, I relied on Necromancer to pummel Magnezone with "Bonemerang", thus bringing my Alolan Pokémon League challenge to a successful conclusion.

Apollo {Decidueye}
- Lv. 59, Lonely, Overgrow, Iki Town
- Lv. 59, Hasty, Lightning Rod, Wela Volcano Park
Tesla {Magnezone}
- Lv. 59, Gentle, Magnet Pull, Malie City
Graphite {Alolan Golem}
- Lv. 59, Lonely, Sturdy, Route 17
Fovilla {Ribombee}
- Lv. 59, Serious, Honey Gather, Ula'ula Meadow
Bamboozle {Pangoro}
- Lv. 60, Adamant, Iron Fist, Route 11
Ammo {Pikipek}
- Lax, Keen Eye, Route 1
Hefty {Makuhita}
Predator {Spearow}
Dairy Queen {Miltank}
Lassie {Lillipup}
- Rash, Pickup, Route 5
Billabong {Psyduck}
Aeromarine {Wingull}
Supple {Igglybuff}
Technicolor {Finneon}
Crackle {Fletchinder}
Lighthearted {Luvdisc}
Deadwood {Phantump}
Schnoz {Nosepass}
Twinkle {Staryu}
Charlotte {Ariados}
Exfoliate {Minior}
Chimney {Torkoal}
Rayovac {Charjabug}
Conflux {Wishiwashi}
Frigorific {Snorunt}
Monsoon {Magikarp}
Locksmith {Klefki}
Coarse {Sandile}
Languid {Slowpoke}
Flatfoot {Gumshoos}
Incisor {Aerodactyl}
- Relaxed, Rock Head, Seafolk Village
Soggy {Gastrodon}
- Relaxed, Sticky Hold, Ancient Poni Path
Breach {Wailmer}
- Bold, Oblivious, Poni Breaker Coast
Stalwart {Boldore}
- Hardy, Sturdy, Vast Poni Canyon
Everest {Alolan Sandshrew}
- Quirky, Snow Cloak, Mount Lanakila
Insidious {Gastly}
Imago {Butterfree}
Quartz {Carbink}
Nightwing {Golbat}
Septic {Tentacruel}
Macerate {Araquanid}
Plow {Mudsdale}
Niu {Exeggcute}
- Relaxed Chlorophyll, Poni Wilds
- Fell to two wild Tentacool in an SOS Battle at Hano Beach
Fluoride {Bruxish}
- Impish, Strong Jaw, Route 13
- Fell to Island Kahuna Hapu's Alolan Dugtrio in Vast Poni Canyon
Savant {Oranguru}
- Modest, Inner Focus, Lush Jungle
- Fell to Hau's Flareon on Mount Lanakila

Last edited:
So I know I've been rotating between Nuzlockes an awful lot, but... I started Sun again.

My rules are:

-Standard rules apply.
-Battles are in Set mode. Shift makes it too easy, so Set gives that little extra challenge.
-I can Wonder Trade one Pokemon before each trial and keep them in a separate box for breeding to make my selection of Pokemon a little more interesting. However, the first thing I get, I have to keep.
-I'm allowed to ignore Pokemon that evolve through trading.
-If I clear an island's Grand Trial with no deaths, I'm allowed use the Island Scan once there, regardless of what I've caught there before as a bonus.

I've cleared Melemele Island so far. My Trumbeak, Ace, was an important teammate for both. His Brick Break allowed me to clear out Gumshoos in just a couple of hits. He struggled a bit more against Hala- a couple of Plucks took out Mankey and Makuhita, but Crabrawler's Z-Move nearly took him down, leaving him with a mere 10HP. After that, though, I healed, and finished it with Pluck.

Afterwards, I went to Akala and fought Dexio. I took him out in just a couple of bites from my Persian, Iko. I'm just about to head to Paniola now.

UPDATE: I'm just at Brooklet Hill now, though I'm not going to take it on yet- I need to train, and desperately. Things went pretty well up until Route 5- I fought Hau, who was a cakewalk with Sprout and Ace. Afterwards, I went to the ranch, picked up my Eevee egg, bred another (thanks to me getting one through Wonder Trade). Both eggs hatched, giving me Socrates and Brooke the Eevees. I put Socrates on my team with a Soothe Bell to evolve him into Espeon. As I plan to evolve Brooke into Vaporeon despite her detrimental nature, though, I boxed her for later.

Afterwards, I went to Route 5, and caught myself a Fomantis named Vivian. This was great- I didn't have anything that could counter Wishiwashi, and Vivian gave me a slight edge against it.

Fifteen minutes and one level later, Vivian's dead.

So because I still had my Melemele Island Scan (I'd wanted to save it for a Deino), I decided to use it to catch myself a Chikorita. That one tiny little potato ended up nearly decimating half my team with Poisonpowder and Leech Seed. I caught her, however, with no deaths and named her 'Viridi' simply because of how destructive she is. She's Adamant, which is interesting, I guess?

But if there's a little bit of optimism Vivian's death gives me, it's that Ace might not suffer from the early bird curse I seem to have. Normally, they're my first deaths. But Ace wasn't. Sure, I might replace him with Icarus the Rufflet later, but least he'll be alive, right?

UPDATE: Socrates and Viridi evolved! I also boxed Kazoo- a full team of six at this point is a little exhausting.

UPDATE: And so, Wishiwashi has fallen before Viridi. Before I took on the trial, I went back to Route 1 to find a Munchlax- given the Chikorita line's tanker stats, I figured that Leftovers would be a good option for Viridi- and I wasn't wrong. Thanks to it and Leech Seed, Viridi was rarely not at full health. I started the battle by setting up with Leech Seed, then Poisonpowder. It Soaked her, but it made absolutely no difference. Afterwards, I whittled at it and its partners with Viridi's Razor Leaves. Soon enough, though, the poison did its work, and Wishiwashi fell. It only took a few more Razor Leaves to take out its partner Alomomola.

I'll leave the team as is until I get the Volcano Park encounter. If it's nothing special, I'll return Sprout to my team for backup. However, unless something happens, it's all Socrates from here.

UPDATE: Salazzle down! I had to clear the Battle Royal first, but Ace's Pluck was enough to deal with Hau's Dartrix and end the match. Afterwards, I went right to the trial. Because Socrates has Ground-type Hidden Power, I took out most things with him easily. However, the Totem gave me a little trouble- although she only got to poison him, her partner Salandit's Venoshock left him with 31 health. Worried about Soccy, I switched to Iko and let her take care of it.

I'll put Brooke on my team now, seeing as I get the Water Stone soon. When I evolve her, I'll train her up.

UPDATE: So I took on the dreaded Lurantis...

Beak Blast. Ace took a Razor Leaf, but Lurantis never called for help or did anything of real consequence. I'm a bit overlevelled, though, so I'm not going to grind before Olivia.

UPDATE: The battle with Olivia actually made up for Lurantis' lack of difficulty. Even before her, Plumeria was a bit challenging- though I led with Socrates, I quickly switched to Iko in fear of Bite. Iko, despite her reliability, had some trouble taking it out, though she managed in the end. I switched back to Socrates for her Salandit, but he got poisoned, so I switched out again. Brooke had little trouble taking it out, though.

I got all of my team to level 29 to match Ace before I took her on. I led with Brooke against her Nosepass. Brooke didn't quite take it out with Scald, letting it Thunder Wave her. However, as Olivia used a Full Heal, I took the chance to Paralyze Heal her. A second Water Pulse from Brooke was enough to finish her. Boldore was pretty easy too- it survived Brooke's Scald thanks to Sturdy, and hit her with Headbutt, but it quickly fell, too.

The problem was Lycanroc. As I wasn't too keen on having Brookie die (I had a feeling she would), I switched to Viridi. She took the Continental Crush, barely surviving with a measly 9HP. From there, I entered a cycle of setting up and healing. Finally, though, the creature fell to her Razor Leaf, and I received the Rockium crystal for my troubles.

Unfortunately, thanks to Vivian's death, I don't get an Island Scan for Akala. I've also been considering replacing Viridi- she doesn't even have much potential as a tank any more. I'll evolve her into Meganium, however, before I make any solid decisions. Given Iko's rather weak stats, despite Technician, and her type clashing with Blade's whenever he evolves, she'll likely be on the way out, too. But I will enjoy the time I have left with her.

Also, I discovered that I can still high-five Brookie and Soccy. Needless to say, I spent a good few minutes doing that.

UPDATE: I continued on to Malie City after dealing with the Aether Paradise for the first time. Nihilego was actually pretty easily dealt with- Brooke took it out in two Scalds without taking much in return. However, with no opportunity to switch around my team, the battle against Hau was infinitely worse. Though I sent out Viridi to take his Raichu's attacks and set up, I soon had to switch her out simply because she was taking too much damage. Iko finished it instead. When he sent out Vaporeon, I healed Viridi and sent her out. It took a Razor Leaf, but immediately afterwards, he sent out Dartrix. So I one-upped him by throwing Ace out there to take it out with Pluck. Afterwards, all I had left to do was take out his Vaporeon with Viridi.

Then I went shopping and have Viridi Swords Dance in place of Poisonpowder. Efficient as that strategy is, I think I'd rather be able to boost her rather meh Attack while using her Leftovers and Leech Seed to survive. I plan to give Return to her as soon as I find it. I also plan to grind a lot for the next Trial- my team's has a lot of close calls lately.

UPDATE: And speaking of close calls, Totem battles have been kind of dicey. Vikavolt went okay- I led with Blade, and though he struggled a bit against it, he managed to overcome paralysis and take it down quickly enough. Mimikyu's, however, was a whole other story. I'd trained a Pawniard to at least whittle down its HP a bit so that Brooke could Shadow Ball it.

Big mistake. He was killed instantly by its Play Rough. I was forced to throw my plan out the window and send out Viridi to take hits. And she struggled with that- after Leech Seeding, all I could do was simply keep healing her and let it take Mimikyu out. It did without much consequence, but I was terrified that I was going to lose Viridi all throughout the battle. Finally, Mimikyu fell, and I threw out Brooke to Shadow Ball the Haunter.

Also Sprout died in grinding. Whoops.

Current team:
Income roar/Blade, level 37 (M)
Toucannon/Ace, level 37 (M)
Espeon/Socrates, level 37 (M)
Meganium/Viridi, level 38 (F)
Vaporeon/Brooke, level 38 (F)

Dead:
Fomantis/Vivian, level 14-15 (F) (Killed by wild Yungoos' Pursuit)
A. Diglett/Sprout, level 11-22 (F) (Killed by Fearow's Assurance)
Pawniard/Kronos, level 1-33 (M) (Killed by Totem Mimikyu's Play Rough.)

Last edited:
Hi! Im starting a Nuzlocke on Pokemon Sun! I recently played one on my own, but sadly got swept about halfway through (Rest In Peace Grimes The Alolan Ratticate and Trash Panda The Bewear), so i thought i would start one here!
Rules I am Playing With Are: [spoil]1. If a Pokemon Faints It Is Dead And MUST Be Released. 2. You May Only Catch The First Pokemon Of A Route (I will explain in this what i am considering routes and new areas.) 3. Nickname EVERYTHING. 4. Dupes Clause (Limit 5, Then catch 6th encounter regardless) 5. Type Limit (I can only have one of each type, including secondary, on my team, meaning i cant have a Rowlet (Grass/Flying) and a Spearow (Normal/Flying) on my team at the same time, the newest one caught must be boxed.) 6. Set Team (No Switching box unless a death or type overlap happen) 7. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]
After a video chat between an 11 Year Old kid and a shirtless man, in which he learned my name gender and race, I pass out on my bed. After waking up I head out of my room just to have the man from the video chat burst into our house and demand that i go on some adventure. Says he'll give me my own Pokemon to care for, which is cool... i guess... but anyways, as i get to where i'm supposed to get a Pokemon, the professor tells me to go find Hala, but i find Lillie instead, because i'm a rebel. Well, i wish i found Hala instead, because i had to risk my life to save something from a flock of Spearow! (I Say This Now, But They Will Probably Have The Last Laugh) Anyways, we return to Iki Town and i get my starter Hobbes the Litten! After a couple battles and a couple tutorials, im ready to catch my second partner. With the luckiest of luck i get Pikipek, which i name Choco (Based off Chocobos, which was what i named my first ever Pidgey). Then i go to see the professor at his house, but on the way i get stopped by a Wingull, which was caught and named Yours. I couldnt use him yet, as Pikipek occupied my Flying type, so he was boxed when that became available. After the Festival battle, which i nearly lost, dang you Pichu, I went to the trainer school, and caught myself an Alolan Meowth. Named Diddle, He wasted no time in becoming one of my favourites on the team, at least in the top 3! The next post will be longer, and cover more of the story, this was just the intro peice!

Party
[spoil]Litten-Hobbes-LVL10
Pikipek-Choco-LVL9
A/Meowth-Diddle-LVL7[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]
Wingull-Yours-LVL6[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]None... yet[/spoil]

Last edited:
Back again! This time more has happened, and so far it is very good. After the school, i caught a A/Grimer in the Hau'oli City grass patches. Named Dread Crystl (Character Restrictions), who had to be boxed. Diddle saved the day against Ilima with fakeout. The trial proved no challenge with Choco and Brick Break. After i caught a Yungoos named SknkBr. Boxed aswell. Then i went to Melemele Meadow and caught a Cottonee! Named CabbagePatch, she was able to join the party! Spearow attacked outside, but was caught and named Falcp, as i made a mistake in typing. Choco and Hobbes evolved before the Grand Trial also, so that helps. Hala also proved no challenge, except for when he brought Choco to a very low 8/59 Health Points. But, as i did clear it without any deaths, i get the bonus Island Scan encounter, which will be done on the day of writing this, a Tuesday. While Searching for my Island Scan Pokemon, I encounter A/Diglet Which joins the team with the name Lady Locks! Well... The island scan didnt work out too good for me, Deino, Died to a crit hit. So... No Island Scan for Melemele... Went and got my encounter for Seaward Cave, A zubat named Cyrus. Akala Island Next Addition

Party
[spoil]Torracat-Hobbes-LVL17
Trumbeak-Choco-LVL16
A/Meowth-Diddle-LVL16
Cottonee-CabbagePatch-LVL14
A/Diglet-Lady Locks-LVL12[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]
Wingull-Yours-LVL6
Grimer-Dread Crystl-LVL5
Yungoos-SknkBr-LVL12
Spearow-Falcp-LVL12
Zubat-Cyrus-LVL13[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]None... yet[/spoil]

Rules I am Playing With Are: [spoil]1. If a Pokemon Faints It Is Dead And MUST Be Released.
2. You May Only Catch The First Pokemon Of A Route (I will explain in this what i am considering routes and new areas.)
3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
4. Dupes Clause (Limit 5, Then catch 6th encounter regardless)
5. Type Limit (I can only have one of each type, including secondary, on my team, meaning i cant have a Rowlet (Grass/Flying) and a Spearow (Normal/Flying) on my team at the same time, the newest one caught must be boxed. Evolutions Dont Count, so if i have a A/Meowth, i can have a Pancham and evolve it into Pangoro without boxing either the A/Meowth or Pangoro)
6. Set Team (No Switching box unless a death or type overlap happen)
7. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]

Last edited:
Back Again! Akala proved a challenge, as it did in my previous run by myself. Lana, 3HKO, no problems. Kiawe, 1HKO, no problems. Mallow, 4 pokemon, Cubone Choco CabbagePatch Dread Crystl all dead, 1 dead in Route 8 Due to a crit rollout onto a new capture, Mudweiser the Mudbray. Diddle died to a Formantis crit quick attack. Caught and evolved a Magikarp, named Lil' Fishy. Still need to get Lush Jungle encounter, rebuilding and releveling.

Party
[spoil]Torracat-Hobbes-LVL27
Gyrados-Lil' Fish-LVL23
Morellul-Muffin-LVL14
Lilipup-Ash-LVL15[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]
Wingull-Yours-LVL6
Igglybuff-Puff-LVL17
Tungoos-SknkBr-LVL12
Spearow-Falcp-LVL12
Zubat-Cyrus-LVL9
Tentacool=LLCoolJ-LVL19
Formantis-Magnum-LVL16
Flechinder-Nova-LVL20[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]A/Diglet-Lady Locks
A/Meowth-Diddle
Mudbray-Mudweiser
Trumbeak-Choco
Cottonnee-Cabbagepatch
A/Grimer-Dread Crystl
Cubone-Acci
[/spoil]

Rules I am Playing With Are: [spoil]1. If a Pokemon Faints It Is Dead And MUST Be Released.
2. You May Only Catch The First Pokemon Of A Route (I will explain in this what i am considering routes and new areas.)
3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
4. Dupes Clause (Limit 5, Then catch 6th encounter regardless)
5. Type Limit (I can only have one of each type, including secondary, on my team, meaning i cant have a Rowlet (Grass/Flying) and a Spearow (Normal/Flying) on my team at the same time, the newest one caught must be boxed.)
6. Set Team (No Switching box unless a death or type overlap happen)
7. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]