• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7th Gen Nuzlocke Thread Challenge Thread!

So... Back Again! Ive been struggling this nuzlocke, more than normal.(Got through X and Black without any deaths). Hobbes Is the only one left of the previous teams. Caught a Staryu and evolved it into Starmie, named Starlord, he has been decent in the help of not losing this run. He got psychic after he needed it, for the Nihilego Fight. Muffin, Lil' Fish, Ash, SknkBr, Falcp, Cyrus, Magnum all joined the dead box. Many encounters have gone there too, they will just be put in the dead counter. Got past Vikivolt by the skin of my teeth, hoping for better luck later on in encounters, and survival for them. Hobbes Evolved, but now i realize that might have been a mistake for the next Totem, Mimikyu. I have been avoiding Poke Refresh, but am now using it. Rest of the island in a Future Installment.

Party
[spoil]Inciniroar-Hobbes-LVL34
Starmie-Starlord-LVL-30[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]
Wingull-Yours-LVL6
Igglybuff-Puff-LVL17
Tentacool=LLCoolJ-LVL19
Flechinder-Nova-LVL20[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]A/Diglet-Lady Locks
A/Meowth-Diddle
Mudbray-Mudweiser
Trumbeak-Choco
Cottonnee-Cabbagepatch
A/Grimer-Dread Crystl
Cubone-Acci
Gyrados-Lil' Fish
Morellul-Muffin
Lilipup-Ash
Yungoos-SknkBr
Spearow-Falcp
Zubat-Cyrus
Formantis-Magnum[/spoil]

Rules I am Playing With Are: [spoil]1. If a Pokemon Faints It Is Dead And MUST Be Released.
2. You May Only Catch The First Pokemon Of A Route (I will explain in this what i am considering routes and new areas.)
3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
4. Dupes Clause (Limit 5, Then catch 6th encounter regardless)
5. Type Limit (I can only have one of each type, including secondary, on my team, meaning i cant have a Rowlet (Grass/Flying) and a Spearow (Normal/Flying) on my team at the same time, the newest one caught must be boxed.)
6. Set Team (No Switching box unless a death or type overlap happen)
7. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]

Last edited:
Back Again! The rest of the island was great! Got a haunter in the Thrifty Megamart after sweeping the Totem. I traded it for the Graveler in the PMC, getting that Golem named Veler. Po Town brought no troubles, rolling through with A/Golem. Got no more encounters, but lost Starlord to a random trainer crit. Remember when I said the rest of the island was great? Well, i lied from the start. Nanu, and his Krookodile, swept my team. This to me is a loss, and i will be restarting. No one survived, no one still lives. Will try to get the other run started now... Cya From the last of this run.

Party
[spoil]Dead[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]
Wingull-Yours-LVL6
Igglybuff-Puff-LVL17
Tentacool=LLCoolJ-LVL19
Flechinder-Nova-LVL20[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]A/Diglet-Lady Locks
A/Meowth-Diddle
Mudbray-Mudweiser
Trumbeak-Choco
Cottonnee-Cabbagepatch
A/Grimer-Dread Crystl
Cubone-Acci
Gyrados-Lil' Fish
Morellul-Muffin
Lilipup-Ash
Yungoos-SknkBr
Spearow-Falcp
Zubat-Cyrus
Formantis-Magnum[/spoil]

Rules I am Playing With Are: [spoil]1. If a Pokemon Faints It Is Dead And MUST Be Released.
2. You May Only Catch The First Pokemon Of A Route (I will explain in this what i am considering routes and new areas.)
3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
4. Dupes Clause (Limit 5, Then catch 6th encounter regardless)
5. Type Limit (I can only have one of each type, including secondary, on my team, meaning i cant have a Rowlet (Grass/Flying) and a Spearow (Normal/Flying) on my team at the same time, the newest one caught must be boxed.)
6. Set Team (No Switching box unless a death or type overlap happen)
7. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]

Back Again! This time with a new run... Started off good, chose Rowlet, Grhoot, and managed to catch a Pikipek, Ari, on Route 1 Outskirts. Though we were more prepared this run, Ari lived a short life, dying to Popplio with a crit water gun after a missed attack. Insult to Injury. Its alright, as Grhoot is overleveld at this point and OHKOs everything in its path. That was until the Trainer School, where we encountered and caught Polarity the Magnamite. Polarity has also now reached the point of overleveling, and over critting. We have killed two encounters due to crit attacks from Polarity. But we will move on. Polarity easily beat the first trial, resisting everything and being 4 levels over the Totem. We got a Zubat named Nic in Hau'oli Cemetary. Verdant Cave had a Yungoos for us, which i Named Yoki. Route 3 Held a Cutifly for us, caught and named Polken. Seaward Cavern Had An A/Diglet for us, which we named Logan. Grand Trial Halu didnt give us any trouble, and Grhoot evolved after the battle. I did a little traveling around the island after, and then it was time to go to Akala Island!

Party
[spoil]Grhoot-Dartrix
Polarity-Magnamite
Logan-A/Diglet
Nic-Zubat
Yoki-Yungoos
Polken-Cutifly[/spoil]

Box
[spoil]Pablo-Smeargle
Tylenol-Caterpie
Diantha-Carbink
Eyeclops-Roggenrola[/spoil]

Dead
[spoil]Ari-Pikipek[/spoil]

3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
4. Dupes/Species Clause (Limit 5 then encounter is void)
5. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nWPkJuDQw4ePzA3hRgyR2phM9SXb5AL9ma9zmxpma6o/edit?usp=sharing List of areas and captures i have made. (will be different than in these writings)

Last edited:
Back Again! Lana's Trial was easy, Grhoot OHKO'd the Totem, which surprised me. Then it was time for Totem Salazzle. While training on the hill, Two deaths that made me quite sad happened. One, Grhoot to a 3 crit rockblast that had all 5 shots hit. Wow. Then Polarity. Died due to a Dragon Rage from a Salandit, only after i couldn't escape. Went and caught David the Magikarp in Paniola Town. Is now a gyrados. Dander the Cubone and Tylenol the Caterpie Joined the Team. Totem Salazzle is about to receive the vengeance of a Thousand Water Droplets, in a form i call Hydro Vortex, based off scald. It did, Nearly OHKOing it, and sweeping up the rest. Accidently killed the route 8 encounter. Lush jungle, after two battles, Nic Evolved Twice! Crobat easily busted through the challenge with a Crit Cross Poison. Easiest that trial has ever been. Onto Akala Outskirts and Diglet Tunnel. Repels are god tier. Akala Outskirts and Memorial Hill didn't have anything special. Forgot about the Plumaria fight, but they got bodied. Kahuna Olivia was easy, but didn't go down without a fight. Lycanrock's Continental Crush took out David. Got another Staryu, and evolved it again. Onto Aether Paradise and Nihelego... Going to try and body it with Dander, who has yet to evolve.

3. Nickname EVERYTHING.
5. Island Scan (Same as the one found above, i thought that was a cool idea)[/spoil]

Last edited:
Nihelego fled, after a Hydro Vortex from Rosalina. Then it was time for Ala'ala Island! Maile Garden offers us an Araquanid, named Aquisha. A Water Bubble Monster, that i cannot wait to use. Totem Vikivolt was no problem with a newly evolved A/Marrowack Doing work. Guzma was a different story though, as Gollisopod took many a life before Nic was able to take the monster down. Nic, Aquisha, and a new Skarmory named Skylar, were the only to survive. Mimikyu proved too much for this rag tag group of Pokemon, who i made more of a bond with than any other Nuzlocke before. Im going to take a break from Nuzlockes and try a Scramble Challenge. It will still be on Sun. Cya!

3. Nickname EVERYTHING.

hoangcf

VS TOTEM VIKAVOLT
Just as she had done against Captain Mallow, Necromancer (Alolan Marowak) danced her way to an easy victory over Totem Vikavolt at Hokulani Observatory. Although the Totem withstood Necromancer's first "Flame Charge" surprisingly well thanks to an Occa Berry, her Lightning Rod Ability left the Totem and ally Charjabug with few options other than futile "Charge" and "String Shot." Necromancer eventually baked these bugs without sustaining any damage at all, thus earning me Electrium Z.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
About to start a Nuzlocke in Ultra Sun, wish me luck!

I will edit this post once I get far enough to get a few Pokemon!

Also, Litten will be my starter!

Currently grinding.

Also I forgot to mention that if an area with the same name is divided into several with different Pokemon than each other, I count them as separate encounters.

My current Squad is Achilles the Litten, Kabuterimon the Grubbin, Idsquay the Inkay, and Derpface the Alolan Meowth. Trying to get everyone around level 10 at least.

Caught Greedy the Wingull, and Dwayne the Makuhita. On my way to first trial now!

Caught Camazotz the Zubat, putting Derpface in PC for now.
Caught Dolan the Psyduck, putting Greedy in Pc

Achilles evolved!

First trial completed! Nobody died

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Good job! I’m planning on a Wedlocke in Moon, very soon. I’ve been watching Marriland’s videos and I think I’m set.

PokeMon2.0

Started my Wedlocke. The only rules that are different is if you wipe out, you can only play again if you have Pokémon in your PC. And also each part of an area with different Pokémon are different areas, as well as Dupes Clause isn’t being used, but if I get more than one of the same Pokémon, I have to Wonder Trade it.
Started with a male Litten named Kitt who is Lax nature.
Won’t count the forced Pikipek encounter.
Caught Kitt’s partner, a Yungoos named Lena. Who is Modest.
Got a Female Pikipek named Wendy. Who is Timid.

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Got a Male Alolan Rattata. Named Joey. Rash nature.
This trainer’s Wingull is tough. It almost killed Kitt with Water Gun. I knocked it out and it used Growl anyways.
Getting Rotom in the Pokédex. Done. In the school.
Getting an Alolan Meowth. Her name is Melba. She’s Impish.
She beat a Bonsly really well with Bite.
Battling the last trainer before the teacher. Grimer poisoned Kitt but I healed him with Pokémon Refresh.
Caught a Wingull. His name is Jake. He’s Impish as well with Hydration which will turn into Drizzle if he ever becomes Pelipper.

I’m actually doing a Wonderwedlocke now that I think about it.
Going to Festival Plaza now. So I’ll tell you about my WTs.
Cannot get Magikarp or certain others.
Can get M/F pair and no genderless. Other rules apply.
If over a certain level, goes to PC.
Have the following 6 now:
Noibat: Lv.9 F. Naive nature.
Alolan Meowth Lv.7 M. Lax nature.
Eevee Lv.1 M. Bold nature.
Spheal Lv.1 F. Bold nature.
Wingull Lv.5 F. Adamant nature.
Zorua Lv.1 M. Serious nature.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Starting a type of Nuzlocke in Let's Go Pikachu (or Let's Go Eevee, not sure which I want to try first).

Rules:
You may catch other Pokemon for EXP, but you may only use ONE Pokemon (aka your first encounter) from each route. The rest are Professor Oak fodder.
You may only use one of each evolutionary line.
a fainted Pokemon is dead, and with the exception of partner Pikachu/Eevee, must become professor fodder.
I will edit with more info later.

I am doing a moon nuzlocke right now. I'm at the ghost trial. I can at least give you info on my team right now:

Decidueye w/ Deciduim-Z
Iki Town
LV. 37
Moves: Fury Cutter, Razor Leaf, Spirit Shackle, Pluck

Graveler w/ Electrium-Z
Route 12
LV. 28
Moves: Brick Break, Smack Down, Thunder Punch, Gyro Ball

Magnemite w/ Steelium-Z
Malie City
LV. 29
Moves: Volt Switch, Spark, Mirror Shot, Metal Sound

Misdreavus w/ Expert Belt
Hau'oli Cemetery
LV. 35
Moves: Confuse Ray, Psychic, Pain Split, Hex

Wishiwashi w/ Waterium-Z
Brooklet Hill
LV. 37
Moves: Scald, Feint Attack, Brine, Aqua Ring

Gastly
Memorial Hill
LV. 23
Moves: Curse, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Sucker Punch

eltigras

How will you approach the mimikyu then? Its quite tough to deal with

I approached it (I finished him) by sacrificing Gastly to break the disguise, then have Magnemite try to hit it (he ended up getting Sucker Punched and Shadow Clawed). Then I used Graveler to Corkscrew Crash it. It didn't kill ended up with her down. Then I Wishiwashi'd through the rest. Now I've just beat Faba in a multi battle at the Aether Paradise. Here's my team now:

Wishiwashi w/ Waterium-Z
Brooklet Hill
LV. 46
Moves: Scald, U-turn, Brine, Aqua Ring

Mismagius w/ Ghostium-Z
Hau'oli Cemetery
LV. 42

Decidueye w/ Deciduim-Z
Iki Town
LV. 43
Moves: Sucker Punch, Razor Leaf, Spirit Shackle, Pluck

Gumshoos w/ Darkium-Z
Route 10
LV. 31
Moves: Taunt, Bite, Mud-Slap, Super Fang

Fearow
Mount Hokulani
LV. 31
Moves: Agility, Acrobatics, Mirror Move, Assurance

Tentacool w/ Waterium-Z
Melemele Sea
LV. 25
Moves: Water Pulse, Scald, Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes

Also, try guessing which nickname belongs to who?
Donald Trump, Satan, Lana, Mr. Scenario, Hedwig, Big Brain

eltigras

trump is obviously gumshoos
Lana is probably wishiwashi
Satan i guess is mismagius
Hedwig is obviously decidueye
Big brain is tentacruel and
Mr. Scenario the fearow.

I think after my challenge i will try all the other challenges just for fun.

I have done already many nuzlockes. Way more fun then the normal game. I started poutting more value in mons i normally wouldnt use like torkoal and stuff. Stuff that takes hits so i can heal up the rest of my team.

I've gone through Poni Canyon and saved Lusamine. At this point, every new team member I can never keep alive. Not even an Alolan Exeggutor I recently got. At this point, I'm in Tapu Village getting ready for what's up ahead. Here is my team right now:

Wishiwashi (Lana) w/ Waterium-Z
Brooklet Hill
LV. 57
Moves: Scald, U-turn, Brine, Aqua Ring

Mismagius (Satan) w/ Ghostium-Z
Hau'oli Cemetery
LV. 52

Decidueye (Hedwig) w/ Deciduim-Z
Iki Town
LV. 52
Moves: Sucker Punch, Razor Leaf, Spirit Shackle, Pluck

Lunala (Nebby) w/ Ghostium-Z
Altar of the Moone
LV. 55
Moves: Moongeist Beam, Cosmic Power, Night Daze, Shadow Ball

Finneon (Tetra)
Route 7
LV. 17
Moves: Water Gun, Attract, Rain Dance, Gust

Slowpoke (Tails)
Kala'e Bay
LV. 17
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Water Gun, Confusion

Hopefully, I'll get my Mt. Lanakila encounter but I have to face Gladion first.

eltigras

Lol you are using many water types i see. I hope you dont get troubles with that

Ya, I only non-dead pokemon in my boxes are all water types. Luckily, I was able to get a Sandshrew on my team. I also put a Gastrodon from Poni Wilds on my team. Otherwise, the Ghost types and Wishiwashi are still on the team.

I DEFEATED KUKUI!!!!!!! Finally, I was able to defeat him after having to soft reset many times, at least 10. Lol, only Lana survived. But I did it!!!! I'm still planning on doing the UBs and Necrozma stuff in the nuzlocke but UBs are almost guaranteed to stay in the Beast Ball and Necrozma I'm Ultra Balling. So I didn't care that only one survived. Lana is LV. 63 with Scald, Ice Beam, Brine, and Aqua Ring.
EDIT: I'm not counting Tapu Koko in this Nuzlocke though
EDIT: I guess no nuzlocke post game. I mean the only reason why I am doing post game is for Moon exclusive Ultra Beasts (This is a game I borrowed from a library and I only own Sun and Ultra Sun), tradable UBs for the GTS, and transferring pokemon like Lunala, Cosmog, and Necrozma into Sword.

Last edited: