• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

7th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
7th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: SM

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Some Challenger said:
Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Ruby play-through, taking additional restrictions. My team is:
- Primarina, must know Bubblebeam
- Toucannon, must solo two gyms to evolve
Some guy said:
@ Challenger, take a Bruxish. It cannot learn Scald.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
  • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
  • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
  • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
  • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
  • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
  • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
  • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
  • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
As I have both games and I am about half way through Moon. I want to let variety reign and get a scramble for Sun.

I don't like having a heap of pokes early, so a steady progression would be nice. I would like to avoid having a full team before Island 3. I encourage some themes to the pokes, so any additional little restrictions would be welcome.

-
-
-
-
-
-

Go for it. :D

Kalosian

So long
brandyjay, take a Fletchling. Catch it after you clear the Fire Trial and evolve it into Fletchinder before you beat the Grass Trial. You must then use it against the Totem Lurantis, but it doesn't need to win or even survive the battle. It must then hold the Firium Z and use it to OHKO a Water-type Pokemon before it can become a Talonflame. If you take nicknames, name it Lowborn.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
brandyjay, take a Vulpix. SOS hunt for one that has snow warning. It can only evolve after it learns Blizzard and must keep Blizzard in it's move set for the rest of the game. If you take nicknames, call it Snowflake.

If you don't feel like doing the SOS hunt, just ignore that part.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
~ Lowborn the Fletchling - Catch after fire trial. Evolve before Grass trial and must fight in the trial. Must use Firium Z to OHKO a water type to evolve again.
~ Snowflake the Vulpix - Must have Snow Warning, must have Blizzard. Can evolve once it has learnt it.
~
~
~
~

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
brandyjay, take the Bounsweet obtained from the trade on route 5. To evolve into Steene, it must have fought in, but not necessarily soloed, the Totem Wishiwashi fight. To evolve into Tsareena, it must survive the Battle Royal fight. If that's too hard, then no restrictions on Tsareena evolution.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
~ Lowborn the Fletchling - Catch after fire trial. Evolve before Grass trial and must fight in the trial. Must use Firium Z to OHKO a water type to evolve again.
~ Snowflake the Vulpix - Must have Snow Warning, must have Blizzard. Can evolve once it has learnt it.
~ Bounsweet (Trade) - Must fight Water totem to evolve once, must live Battle Royal fight to evolve again.
~
~
~

Everlasting

Everything stays.
brandyjay, take a Jangmo-o. You can catch one in Vast Poni Canyon as soon as you have access to it. There are no restrictions for its evolution in Hakamo-o; however, in order to evolve into Kommo-o, Hakamo-o must only know special moves. From that point on, you can only have special moves on Kommo-o. Clanging Scales is an obligatory move once it becomes Kommo-o.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
brandyjay, take a Jangmo-o. You can catch one in Vast Poni Canyon as soon as you have access to it. There are no restrictions for its evolution in Hakamo-o; however, in order to evolve into Kommo-o, Hakamo-o must only know special moves. From that point on, you can only have special moves on Kommo-o. Clanging Scales is an obligatory move once it becomes Kommo-o.

Non damaging moves allowed?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Non damaging moves allowed?

Yes! As long as offensive moves are only special and as long as Clanging Scales remains in the moveset. :)

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
~ Bounsweet (Trade) - Must fight Water totem to evolve once, must live Battle Royal fight to evolve again.
~ Jangmo-o - To evolve a second time, offensive moves can only be Special, Kommo-o must know Clanging Scales.
~ Spinarak - No restrictions.
~

I was fiddling around with stuff and I played a bit of Sun, still before 1st Trial, but I am raising a Spinarak. So I figure I'll just keep that file and use a Spinarak. So I just need one more and I can start properly.

SilverMorty

brandyjay take a Misdreavus. Evolve it after it defeats one of the summoned Pokemon in Totem Mimikyu's trial.

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I'm going to get Pokemon Moon soon, so I'd like to start it with a scramble team. My only request is no Primarina, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Crabominable, Salazzle or Palossand. That was my Sun team. Thank everyone!

Kalosian

So long
Charoshi, take a Petilil. Catch it in a Nest Ball. It must evolve on Route 11. It must learn and keep Sleep Powder and Aromatherapy. If you take nicknames, name it Linnea.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Charoshi, get a violet core Minior.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Charoshi, take a Mimikyu. It must be caught in a Luxury Ball, and it cannot forget Mimic.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Charoshi, take a Litten. Nickname it Blazin'. It can evolve into Torracat whenever, but it must solo Guzma to become Incineroar. Once it reaches its final form, you may have it know Fire moves or Dark moves, but not both (there is no restriction on moves of other types).

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
Hi can i have a challenge for moon my only restriction is that i do not want to use a starter, mimikyu or alolan raichu

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
ultimate_charmander , take a Shiinotic. Catch it as a Morelull in Lush Jungle, and it can't evolve until it defeats Olivia's Lycanroc in the Akala Grand Trial. Once it learns Spore and Strength Sap, they can't be forgotten. It also must be caught in a Nest ball or Luxury Ball.